Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Romancing of Bastila Mod Help!

Page: 1 of 1
 vadess40
07-05-2011, 5:05 PM
OK, the mod The Romancing of Bastila combines Mastar Kavar's Bastila and the Female Revan:The Untold Love Story with visual kiss mod, romance glitch fix mod, Bastila's mother reskin mod, and Bastila on Korriban into one mod (can be found here (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/The_Romancing_of_Bastila;98669x#1963011)). I've encountered a bug on it and the compiler of this mod has been frozen in carbonite and shipped off to Jabba the Hutt for all I know and won't address the bugs.

The bug I've encountered is that when you choose the lightside and encounter Bastila it won't move into the second dialogue after you beat her. Instead it keeps fighting and fighting and fighting and fighting and fighting and fighting and fighting, etc. I'm a beginner modder, and I have no idea how to fix it.

Any help here would be very much appreciated
 Hina
02-11-2012, 8:27 AM
I know this is old, but has anyone yet avoided this bug?
Is there a way to cheat through etc.?
Thanks!
 Qui-Gon Glenn
02-12-2012, 1:10 PM
I am guessing that the HP<10 check in that talk-fight-talk is either missing or getting its logic blocked. If you want help with this, I will need source code... I will look at the DL Link provided, but no guarantees!
 Hina
02-13-2012, 9:13 AM
The download link is correct, yes.
I have some experience with NWN modding. This game uses the aurora engine, right? So, if the differences aren't too great, I should maybe be able to search for the problem myself with a little help. Thank you for your time!
 Qui-Gon Glenn
02-13-2012, 1:54 PM
My guess now after reading the ReadMe is that a global variable is either not being assigned, or assigned incorrectly, in Bastila's dialog file.
 Hina
02-13-2012, 2:23 PM
And do you know what variable this could be or where I should search for it?

EDIT: I've looked in the dialogue file (unk44_evilbast) and found no conditions for the second dialogue. So they have to be in a script, right? But in which one?
 Qui-Gon Glenn
02-13-2012, 6:59 PM
You are hunting things down well, I think.... I would have started at Bastila's main dialog tree, so you are on a better path I think.

In the dialog editor, you should see two cell windows labeled "Script that determines availability" and "Script that fires when spoken". The former is in the case where a conditional script is being used, which will allow or block the further dialog depending on satisfaction of the conditional. This is often where global variables are checked against, so this may be the place to look. The latter is generally an action script, of type "void", and probably not going to be the right place to look, although it is not entirely out.

The scripts in those cells will be missing there ".ncs" appendage. The .ncs is useless to you for the most part anyway; you need the source code. So, if you can find the dialog node with the script you think needs to be "fixed", you will need to look in your "source" folders from your mods for that file. If it is not included, then that may be the issue - there actually is a script missing to fire the finale with Bastila, and her .utc is set to immortal until the final dialog, so the fight goes on and on and on. This is quite possibly the case, as the modder needed to delete that script from its old node (IMHO) to keep the new dialog going, and probably just forgot (oops) to put it pack in to the new "correct" node.

Sorry to be vague, but I do not have time to delve into this for you at the moment further than trying to point you along the way. I do have to say, I appreciate your effort so far in trying to help yourself :)
 Hina
02-14-2012, 1:49 AM
"If it is not included, then that may be the issue - there actually is a script missing to fire the finale with Bastila, and her .utc is set to immortal until the final dialog, so the fight goes on and on and on. "

So I would have to search in the game files, right? I think you're right, because the only script (k_psta_bastrom) related to this looks quite innocent (the source code is included in the mod):

int StartingConditional() {
int int1 = ((GetGlobalNumber("K_SWG_BASTILA") >= 13));
return int1;
}

I presume that it could be possible that it included a gender check originally, but maybe also a HP check?

Now, there's only the problem that I haven't found any script decompiler yet. Any piece of advice?
 Fastmaniac
02-18-2012, 6:24 PM
I've downloaded the mod and looked through the files but I can't see any changes made to the entire module. Since it works unmodded it's got to be one of the mods you installed.

How the dialogue runs unmodded:

The bastevil diaogue starts with the "k_con_talkedto" check so it definitely starts the first time. It calls the script "k_punk_bastatt" to trigger at the end of the conversation. It's supposed to trigger the "attack mode" of Bastila. When the second conversation starts the talkedto check fails and the second node runs which has no condition. It ends with Bastila either escaping or you joining her.

You should check your override folder whether there is one of the following files (with x being various numbers):

k_punk_aareaxx.ncs (xx is 01 to 13)
k_punk_areaxx.ncs (xx is 01 to 13)
k_punk_bastadd.ncs
k_punk_bastatt.ncs
k_punk_bastattxx.ncs (xx is 02 to 07)
k_punk_bastesc.ncs
k_punk_bastjour2.ncs
k_punk_bastjourn.ncs
k_punk_goodfinal.ncs
k_punk_heal.ncs

These files are the ones referred to in the dlg-file (only lightside) and not contained in the romance mod. If you have one or more of them inside your override folder (and you are sure to not have a mod that changes some of these files) try deleting them from that folder. If you are unsure whether they are used by another mod you'll have to figure out to which mod they belong...

Hope that helps a bit...
 Hina
02-19-2012, 2:43 AM
Unfortunately, there are none of this files in my override.
Anyway, I already tried removing all files from other mods, but it didn't help (could of course also be a global variable problem).
Dankeschön ;=).

EDIT: Other mods I had/have installed are
Allronix
2 altered endings
dark side romance resolution
sharina fizark
garrum and tareelok
carth romance fix
better visual effects
better walking
 Qui-Gon Glenn
02-19-2012, 3:42 PM
Well, the solution then, for you, might be as simple as going to the folder "For Override" from the romance mod, and find the files Fastmaniac listed, and simply copy them into the override. That should get you up and going, although you will need to start from a point before that module has been loaded, so that the scripts can actually be fired as intended.
 Hina
02-19-2012, 6:31 PM
Huh? You mean that I haven't installed the mod properly, do you?
There are no such files in the mod.
 Fastmaniac
02-19-2012, 7:57 PM
@Qui-Gon Glenn: Nono, that's not what I meant. The files that I mentioned are the ones that are used in the conversation and can be responsible for the bug. They are not contained in the romance mod. So I wanted to rule out that they have not been altered.

@Hina: If these files aren't in the override it has nothing to do with altered scripts or dialog-files. You can try creating a save after the 'first-round' of the conversation and then using either Kotor Tool or KSE to play around with the Global Number 'UNK_PARTYSHOWDOWN'. If it's the number that is used for that it should be something else than 0. If it's 0, you can set it to either 1 or 2... Not sure about it.

If it doesn't work you can try setting the Global Boolean 'UNK_BASTILA_CS' to true. But I'm not sure whether one of these Globals are actually involved in that scene.
 Hina
02-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Ok, that seems to be a really tough one. I tried all three variants of the global, but none worked.
So... where can I change a global boolean? Don't even know what this could be.
Thanks for your efforts!
 Qui-Gon Glenn
02-20-2012, 2:59 PM
@Fastmaniac: yeah, I read that all wrong. Sorry Hina.

My advice, at this point, is to start over. There are too many variables at play, without being able to look at your files directly.
 Hina
02-20-2012, 6:26 PM
I would really follow your advice, but I'm just not sure that this isn't still a mod problem, because someone reported it before as you can see in the initial post. Maybe someone who has actually finished the mod can confirm that it is at least possible.
Page: 1 of 1