Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[TSL] Problem with custom dialog

Page: 1 of 1
 Fastmaniac
06-16-2011, 2:30 PM
Hello there, it's me again,

Since my first mod I was working on for K1 (that I almost finished) has been erased from my hard-drive because I had to reinstall my laptop (That's s frustrating), I'm now working on basically the same mod but I want to do it for TSL. It was a recruitment mod for K1 with the npc accompanying the PC through the whole game with nearly every dialog file edited and customized. Now I'm working on the same thing for TSL but I ran into the first problem, when I was doing the recruit dialog.

My Problem is: When I talk to the custom NPC his lines rush through the dialog like a lightning bolt until I get to reply. I tried everything to fix that. Compared the dialog file to other files from the game, assigning a different dialog file to the custom npc (dialog runs fine), restarting game, restarting computer, saving and loading after restart, alt+tab out of the game, but nothing worked. I uploaded the dialog file for you guys to look through it: Link (http://uploaded.to/file/5r59uq4z)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

Fastmaniac
 Dak Drexl
06-16-2011, 3:01 PM
I have the same problem with my mod, but it's only one line of dlg that skips. It worked fine until I put VOs and .lips in. Then it started to skip. So I'm curious, does this dlg have any lips yet?
 Istorian
06-16-2011, 3:16 PM
In the General Properties of the dialogue (if you highlight the black words on top), you can see two boxes: Delay before Entry is spoken and Delay before Reply is spoken...I don't know in what measurements of time this delay is, I think though it's seconds...Try putting something like 1 or 2 at the Delay before Entry is spoken to see if that fixes the problem...Kind of a simple idea really, I don't have really high hopes on this one, but I can't see any other problem with your dialogue! ;)
 Fastmaniac
06-16-2011, 4:04 PM
Thanks for looking ;) but I tried what you said and it didn't work... :(
 Istorian
06-16-2011, 4:08 PM
Yeah, well you may want to contact tk102 or drop a post by the T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center...I really can't see anything wrong in that dialogue...Perhaps if you make it Unskippable? I know this is inconvenient, but if you try it out and it works you get yourslef a small clue as to what could be wrong...
 Fastmaniac
06-16-2011, 4:19 PM
Making the whole dialog unskippable didn't help either...
 Istorian
06-16-2011, 4:33 PM
Really?? You make the whole dialogue unskippable and it doesn't fix it? I'm kind of amazed at this dialogue right now, defying all laws! :xp: Well, I'm out of ideas, honestly...Perhaps a post in the T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center would help...:)
 Fastmaniac
06-16-2011, 4:38 PM
Isn't that forum for questions related to tools?

EDIT: Fixed it. Somehow the Dialogue editor wrote the file with the Language Identifier for english. Since I'm using the German Version. It wasn't displayed but skipped. But thanks to you for taking time...;)
 Istorian
06-16-2011, 4:50 PM
Well, yes, but I think there's nothing wrong with your dialogue, so why don't you try? Or PM tk102 who's the maker of the tool and will certainly figure out a solution for you! He's a great guy!! ;)
 Fastmaniac
06-16-2011, 4:56 PM
Thanks for the advice, but I fixed it already ;) (look at post above)
Page: 1 of 1