Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Couple of questions

Page: 1 of 1
 Alexrd
05-14-2011, 3:38 PM
I'm a stranger to KotOR modding, and although I've modded other Star Wars games before, on KotOR I'm still a newbie.

I have some modding ideas, and I hope some of you could answer a couple of questions about them:

1. I believe it's possible to edit the laser bolts. Is it true? If yes, where can I find their files?

2. Is there a way to edit my feats, attributes, force powers and skills? If yes, how can I do it?

Thanks in advance.
 Confederal_Republic
05-15-2011, 7:44 AM
I'm not a modder, but the answer to your second question, if I recall correctly, is the KotOR Savegame Editor.
 harark1
05-15-2011, 12:13 PM
Yeah for second question if your looking to add or remove feat, powers etc. use the kse game editor. For the first one you can but i honestly don't know how or where the files are. Hopefully someone else can tell u that.
 Fallen Guardian
05-15-2011, 12:30 PM
I don't know about the blaster bolts, but if your looking to change your feats without having to use KSE you can edit the feat, and featgain.2da files.
 TimBob12
05-15-2011, 3:03 PM
For blaster bolts you may want to PM Quanon as I think he has done it.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
05-15-2011, 5:18 PM
Sithspecter and Quanon have done this (blaster bolts), and I think also Darth InSidious, perhaps with a little of their expert help.

KSE will do the other things you wish. I you want to edit the stats of your opponents, that will involve using either KotOR Tool or a GFF Editor like k-gff, or both, by editing the .utc's of the character/s you want to change.

A cheat that will be helpful for you in this regard is available (in KotOR, not TSL) is the console command "whereami" without the quotes. This will display your location in the KotOR world, which you can use in an editor to figure out which NPC's you wanted to edit are the actual NPC's in question.

For TSL, you will need more patience and the whereami armband, or MrDefender's Wrist Console with the whereami, or the hak-pad with whereami, etc... whereami?!?!?!?!
 Alexrd
05-17-2011, 5:27 PM
Thanks to all of you for the help. I'll try KSE this week to see if it works.

As for the laser bolts, do Sithspecter and Quanon have any threads about their laser bolt mods? (Maybe it's better to just send them PM's.)

Thanks in advance.
Page: 1 of 1