Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Some Modding & KotOR Questions

Page: 1 of 1
 darth-me
02-27-2011, 1:55 PM
Hi peoples. Basically I haven't played either KOTOR game for quite a long time now, but im starting up again, and would like to try a little bit more modding. Because of this I have some stupid questions i'd like to clear up now, some are modding related and some are to do with the game itself.
1) Do enemies / non-party characters in either game use energy shields?
2) Can feats in either game be made to cost more than 1 feat point?
3) To what extent can the Class system be edited in either game (ie starting available classes and character progression)
4) Can a feat be given a cooldown period?
There is in fact a rough idea of a mod behind some of these ideas but i'll just wait and see how possible it is.
 LDR
02-27-2011, 2:01 PM
1) Do enemies / non-party characters in either game use energy shields?
Yes.
2) Can feats in either game be made to cost more than 1 feat point?
Possibly. But why?
3) To what extent can the Class system be edited in either game (ie starting available classes and character progression)
You could edit it in dialog.TLK to rename them and give you different feats.
4) Can a feat be given a cooldown period?
It could be possible through modding.
 darth-me
02-27-2011, 2:15 PM
Thanks, this does help, got all the modding tools so once i get K1 installed I'll have a look around, definately starting small though, I've lurked here long enough to know not to be ambitious at all.

About the more expensive feats, it's just a thought i threw in there, not relevant to my immediate ideas, so ill carry on having a look at whether it might be possible on the internet and in the kotortool.
Page: 1 of 1