Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

lip synching

Page: 1 of 1
 TimBob12
02-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Hi. This thread was here before but i didnt get a chance to read bead,vs second post. It was an answer i kind of needed. I think i remember the 010exit001,but if someone could ppost what the vo id and resref would be. Thanks.
 Fastmaniac
02-06-2011, 1:00 PM
What was your question again? I know there was a topic about lip synching but I can't remember what it was.
 TimBob12
02-06-2011, 1:22 PM
my question was that if my file is 010exit001.wav/.lip what would the VO_ID and the VO_resref be?
 bead-v
02-06-2011, 1:45 PM
I have no idea what you are referring to here... The .lips will automatically be applied when the corresponding line is spoken. So just make sure you put in the right VO filename, and if you have the .lips either in the override or in the _loc.mod, they will run..
 Fastmaniac
02-06-2011, 1:50 PM
Quote by TK102's tutorial (Link (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126746)):

The VO_ID is a 4-char + 2-number name. The choice here is purely
arbitrary. This VO_ID will be entered into your .dlg file in the VO_ID
field. It will also be used as the name of a subfolder.

So Your VO_ID is a reference to the files, where they are located in the streamwaves folder.

Name your .wav files
This part is important. You must name your file according to this
specification (called the VO_Resref):

'n' + Modprefix + VO_ID + 3-digit index + '_'

Append '.wav' to the end of the name above. The 3-digit index can be
any 3-digit number you like.
For example: if the Modprefix is M02AD and the VO_ID chosen is ALIE03
then nm02ADALIE03006_.wav would be an acceptable name.

In your Case there are not enough characters to specify what's the VO_ID since you need 16 characters in the filename.

If it was up to me, just put the filename in the "Sound" field. Then you don't have to worry about VO_Resref. The .lip files should work anyway.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
02-06-2011, 8:07 PM
... you need 16 characters in the filename.

If it was up to me, just put the filename in the "Sound" field. Then you don't have to worry about VO_Resref. The .lip files should work anyway.
Yeah, I wondered about the last part, as silveredge9 never used "properly" named VO files... I guess he was using the sound field.

The tutorial is precise though, and works if you follow it: I used it to make the Sith Stalker use the voice of my VO actress. Fortunately in my case, the Stalker has a mask on, so .lip files were unnessary :)

For example, in that mod I made the Stalker's VO_ID for the streamwave file "qgss01".... Could have been stlk01, whatever, just 4char's and 2int's like Fastmaniac's quote of the tut shows. Resulting filenames need to have an "_" at the end of them, which I missed the first time around. My file's full name then was nm01aaqgss01001_.wav, etc.
Page: 1 of 1