Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Speed on Shield, possible?

Page: 1 of 1
 Acleacius
01-08-2011, 9:08 PM
What would it take to put some level of speed Burst, Knight or Master on a Wrist Slot item like a shield? I wasn't sure if this requires scripting or if there is some way to edit in-game items. I do have KotOR Tool but only used it to edit 2DAs so far. Additionally it seems near impossible to search for mods to see if something like this exists

It's frustrating to constantly cast, since the Control scheme for the PC is an afterthought. Hell, it's hard to believe the person who created the Controls, ever played a game on a PC.

Thanks for any tips or links. :)
 The Doctor
01-08-2011, 9:19 PM
I'm new to modding, but as far as I'm aware it would be a simple matter of extracting an existing armband .uti from the game, editing it accordingly with KotOR Tool, and re-naming it so as not to overwrite the item you extracted from.

EDIT: Actually, looking at other armband mods it may be necessary to add a line in the spells.2da file as well. I wouldn't know what to add to the line myself, but someone else will certainly know more.
 Acleacius
01-09-2011, 1:48 PM
Thanks The Doctor, I'll keep looking.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
01-09-2011, 2:04 PM
Look at Star Admirals mods... he made an armband mod, as has D333 and several others.

Source scripts are invaluable, and I know that SA includes his!! I think D-trips does as well!
 Acleacius
01-09-2011, 4:03 PM
Thanks Qui-Gon Glenn.

Which part of KotOR Tool do I use to edit uti files?

Thanks for any tips. :)
 Qui-Gon Glenn
01-09-2011, 4:35 PM
double click on them!! same as a creature, it will open the item editor/creature editor. any .ut* files can be opened/edited by KTool, although you will need to use a GFF editor (K-GFF) to do more extensive .ut* edits.

so, if you find the item you want in to edit in Kotor Tool, just double clicky :)
Page: 1 of 1