Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Changing PC Fem base clothing.

Page: 1 of 1
 Acleacius
01-03-2011, 1:41 PM
I read through the 2DA editing above and have a basic understanding and the KotOR Tool. I tried to change the base outfit modelb/texb to the same code as as the clothing I have for Bastila to wear. It didn't work.

My PC Fem is a mod Mara Jade and it's the last entry at the bottom of my 2DA. I am using her as a P_Fem_C_SML if that matters.

Thanks for any tips or links. :)
 jonathan7
01-03-2011, 1:54 PM
I read through the 2DA editing above and have a basic understanding and the KotOR Tool. I tried to change the base outfit modelb/texb to the same code as as the clothing I have for Bastila to wear. It didn't work.

My PC Fem is a mod Mara Jade and it's the last entry at the bottom of my 2DA. I am using her as a P_Fem_C_SML if that matters.

Thanks for any tips or links. :)

Did you take the clothing off and back on again? If your testing on a save and you have your clothing equiped it won't automatically change the model, indeed you may need to cheat "new" default clothes in to get the appearance.2da change you made to take effect.
 Rtas Vadum
01-03-2011, 2:13 PM
Did you take the clothing off and back on again? If your testing on a save and you have your clothing equiped it won't automatically change the model, indeed you may need to cheat "new" default clothes in to get the appearance.2da change you made to take effect.

It actually should change the model, even if you already have the Basic clothing item equipped on a save. Unless he simply edited the line in the 2da, and didn't click on a different line before saving(which means the changes wouldn't take effect).
 Bob Ta'aar
01-03-2011, 2:29 PM
That's why I suggest to *always* use the TSL-Patcher to change 2da-files. It's not really hard to learn and it makes all your mods so much more compatible.
I mean, there are tons of mods that change something in appereance.2da, heads.d2a and so on and with a proper TSL-Patcher they'd all be perfectly compatible :).

Anyways, like already said above: with the entries set correctly, it should definitely work. Although I suggest to always start a new game to test stuff.
 Acleacius
01-03-2011, 8:02 PM
Thanks for the replies and tips.

Even with both correctly changed it still isn't displaying correctly, where Bastila shows skin, it defaults to the normal clothing. Here are some pictures (http://img560.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=kotor0002.jpg) of what happens.

I do get this error in the log.
Names Differ: PFHMJ1 pfhmj01

I will try to learn the TSL Patcher, though I am too anxious atm to play the game, thanks. :)
 jonathan7
01-03-2011, 8:25 PM
Thanks for the replies and tips.

Even with both correctly changed it still isn't displaying correctly, where Bastila shows skin, it defaults to the normal clothing. Here are some pictures (http://img560.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=kotor0002.jpg) of what happens.

I do get this error in the log.

I will try to learn the TSL Patcher, though I am too anxious atm to play the game, thanks. :)

I'm unsure if the game is case-sensitive or not so my first suggestion is to make sure your files in the .2da and model match exactly. My next suggestion is to hex-edit Bastila's model if you have renamed it too, also some of the games models have the texture etc in the model as to what the texture to reference is, which completely bypasses the .2da's so in that case you again need to hex edit the model to get the texture to appear. Not sure if thats going on in this case but maybe helpful

It actually should change the model, even if you already have the Basic clothing item equipped on a save. Unless he simply edited the line in the 2da, and didn't click on a different line before saving(which means the changes wouldn't take effect).

Personally, I've found it depends on the computer, for example on my old Toshiba at least I would have to take off and put the clothes back on again for things to change, where as on my current laptop, things happen instantaneously; never could figure out why the Tosh did that but c'est la vie!
 Acleacius
01-03-2011, 8:50 PM
I pretty new at this and really appreciate the help.

When you mention Hex editing Bastila's model, do you mean this is the way to make Bastila's body be used by the PC? If so, is there a link or info on how to do this or is there a link in the 2DA Appearance for the body model, I can Edit to my PC?

Thanks again for your help.
 jonathan7
01-03-2011, 8:58 PM
I pretty new at this and really appreciate the help.

When you mention Hex editing Bastila's model, do you mean this is the way to make Bastila's body be used by the PC? If so, is there a link or info on how to do this or is there a link in the 2DA Appearance for the body model, I can Edit to my PC?

Thanks again for your help.

Well, first things first, I'll run you through exactly how I would change the PC's clothing, firstly I would extract Bastila's model files (hername.mdl and mdx) and save them with a different name but the same number of characters. I would then use a hex edit programme to change the name inside the model to that which I have recalled it. I would then also add a texture with the name you have made and put numbers on the end.

In the case of Bastila this would look like this; p_bastilabb.mdl and p_bastilabb.mdx would become yourtexture.mdl and yourtexture.mdx and the texture name would be yourtexture01.tga.

Having done the above (and hex-edited the .mdl to reflect the new names) I would change the appearance.2da lines so that the lines would read "yourtexture" and "yourtexture" in this example.

You can find a hex-editor here; http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/) essentially it is a whole load of code used by the game. Download that and find and replace (you can do find and replace all) of the old name to the new name. It's simple enough and a google on "hex-editing" will give you a more detailed explanation as I'm too lazy to write one now :xp:

Try that and let me know how it goes...
 Acleacius
01-05-2011, 1:50 AM
Got it working, tyvm jonathan7, Rtas Vadum and Bob Ta'aar! :D
 Bob Ta'aar
01-06-2011, 8:51 AM
good work!
I think the game is quite sensitive with PC clothing-models as far case-sensitivity and numbering goes.
I noticed that, when I made a custom-underwear-model for my Twi'lek PC. I only got it working when I hade the whole filename lower-case, the first part of the filname exactly as the original (pfbam...) and the numbering at the end correct ('01').
I'm not sure what all is absolutely necessary, but I remember that I needed a few attempts to get it to work. The name-length however doesn't matter. The part where the original PC model- and texture-names use a single letter (a, b, c, ...) I use the first two letters of the species (tw for Twi'lek, za for Zabrak, ...) on all my alien-heads mods and it works fine. I think there's a maximum-fileleght though, but I don't know how many charachters exactly are allowed.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
01-06-2011, 8:54 AM
^^ 16 chars maximum for any filename, including scripts...
Page: 1 of 1