Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Q: adding Mission vao as a PC in Kotor 2

Page: 1 of 1
 LarryLaffer
01-02-2011, 1:02 PM
I have a great mod of mission for K1 and would really like to have have her as a selectable PC for K2. How would I go about creating or transfereing her data from K1 to K2?
 TimBob12
01-02-2011, 1:09 PM
Porting is illegal without authors permission. You aint gonna get that out of Bioware or Lucasarts. Trust me. You would either have to do new models or just reskin a current K2 twilek. They may be a bit taller and wouldn't have all her clothes but her vibroblade would be easy enough to make yourself. Plus you couldn't have any dialogue with her unless you wrote and voice recoreded it yourself. Its possible ill grant you that. But qutie hard.
 Canaan Sadow
01-02-2011, 2:00 PM
It's not porting if her model is in K2 (which it is)... everything from K1 is in K2, model wise (except for modules). However, such a mod has been done. She looks older in the mod, because the Jedi Exile would have to be at least 19 (according to the author of the mod, though I think the Exile would have to be older :P )

And TimBob... he wants her as a selectable head. :P Not an NPC, so Dialogue would already be there and it would be voiceless. ;)
 LarryLaffer
01-02-2011, 2:27 PM
ok so how would i reference the model data to make her selectable as a PC?
 TimBob12
01-02-2011, 2:43 PM
 TriggerGod
01-02-2011, 2:51 PM
It's not porting if her model is in K2 (which it is)
Her model is not in TSL, and neither are most of the ex-party members (Zalbarr, Mission, Jolee, and Juhani are all missing, Canderous's body model from k1 as well IIRC, Im sure HK and T3's models were changed to show some wear-and-tear over the last 5 years, the only party members that truly remain are Bastila and Carth). There are twileks, but there are differences between her and the average twilek model, not just height. For example, Mission's head is both mapped and modeled differently from another twi'lek's, and her body model is also mapped differently (her lekku are actually mapped onto the body texture, not her head texture) than a normal scoundrel's clothing model

The closest you'll get to a Mission in TSL is, as has been stated, reskinning an adult twi'lek to look like her. Want a zalbarr reskin? Grab a wookie texture and reskin. Jolee? Grab an african head skin and then reskin. Juhani? that ones more difficult and requires re-modeling.

... everything from K1 is in K2, model wise (except for modules)
Also wrong, but very close. Most models from K1 are in TSL (ie. Luxa's head is a reskinned version of one of the female heads in K1, an asian head IIRC), but many have been changed, modified. For example, the Sith assassin's robes? They're just modified from Jolee's robes.

One of the most popular requests I've seen has been wanting a certain head from K1 for TSL. And it gets shot down simply because you cant port, and/or there isn't a head in TSL that's close enough.

PC heads in TSL are mostly custom made by Obsidian, not just a port. And when it is a port (ie I think one of the Hispanic heads in TSL is one of the mullet-head from K1), it tends to be heavily modified (an exception is Luxa, who's only difference is the skin). When its a character thats important to the plot of both games (ie Vrook, fully robed Revan) then its a pure port (luxa isn't that important to the story, not a major player in the game)
 Canaan Sadow
01-02-2011, 3:00 PM
Really? o_O I thought they were. I've made NPCs from the original party members through Ktool. So I just assumed their models were in fact in TSL...
 TriggerGod
01-02-2011, 3:19 PM
Really? o_O I thought they were. I've made NPCs from the original party members through Ktool. So I just assumed their models were in fact in TSL...

IIRC, there are lines in the appearance.2da file that correspond to the original party members, and an NPC is, essentially, a character file that has a certain appearance assigned. So in theory, you can make a .utc file for each of the original party members, but the only ones who would show up would be Carth, Bastila, HK, and T3, because they all appear in game at some point.

One of the files that Obsidian used from K1, due to the Odyssey Engine, was appearance.2da, they just didn't clean up all the unused models that appeared in K1.
 Bob Ta'aar
01-02-2011, 4:02 PM
TriggerGod is absolutely correct. Whie Mission (and Zaalbar, Juhani, Jolee, ect.) still appear in K2's 2da files (appereance, heads, portraits, ...) and IIRC even have a utc file, the actual model- and texture-files are indeed missing.
As stated before, Carth and Bastila along with HK42 and T3 are the only models that were left intact in K2.

But, as also stated before, Mission, who was 14 in K1 would be 19 by the time of K2, so a reskinned and -modeled Twi'lek-head from TSL can work quiet well, if it's done with enough love and care ;)!
 Slstoev
01-02-2011, 4:08 PM
As stated before, Carth and Bastila along with HK42 and T3 are the only models that were left intact in K2.

Spelling error. It's HK-47.
 LarryLaffer
01-02-2011, 9:53 PM
Thanks all.
 DarthParametric
01-03-2011, 2:48 AM
This idea has come up a number of times before. See this thread for some additional info on the Mission model and textures - http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=201196)
Page: 1 of 1