Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How to begin as a jedi from level 1 in KotOR 1.

Page: 1 of 1
 Warrior Master
01-02-2011, 8:54 AM
Hi there! I would like to know if there is a mod or program for starting as a jedi from the very beginning in the KotOR 1, that when you select the class of your character they would be the 3 jedi classes, as in KotOR 2, and Iґm not speaking about the "Roleplay padawan mod" (Iґm already using this one) and others like this, that let you to get the jedi status from the 2є level; I ask for something else, and not the KSE tool, thatґs very good, but itґs also uncomplete, because although you can alterate the parameters of the MaxHitPoints and the MaxForcePoints, later in the game they appear unalterated, they are the same as before, so you cannґt complete the change of the class and all its properties (i.e., from scout to jedi guardian), or does it really work? If it does, when can you do that? When you arrive to Dantooine and the jedi masters give you the status of jedi? So, is there another mod or program? Maybe itґs possible to change that with the Fred Tetraґs Kotor Tool, but if itґs possible, how? I have no idea. Or, is it possible to take the part or the module, or a part of the module, from the beginning of the KotOR 2 and make some changes and place it in the KotOR 1? Or are they uncompatible? Well, another suggestion from your part? Thanks!
 storm-rider
01-02-2011, 10:09 AM
You can use the KSE tool for that, just add the jedi sense feat <== i think it was that one,
you can change pretty much everything with the KSE tool
 TimBob12
01-02-2011, 10:42 AM
But he wants a mod and said specificaly he didnt want to use that. It should just be one script attached to the opening dialogue. I wilould have a go but im on my phone
 Canaan Sadow
01-02-2011, 1:56 PM
No, it's impossible to change it. It's hardcoded. Sorry :/
 Darth Payne
01-02-2011, 5:42 PM
I seem to remember a few mods that let you be a force sensitive from the beginning of the game
 TimBob12
01-02-2011, 6:44 PM
Like i said i think thre are script functionss that grant feqts. Then just attach it to tge openeling dialoguw
 Qui-Gon Glenn
01-02-2011, 6:55 PM
If you search the forums for "Jedi from Beginning" you will find various threads about mods that have done this, most famously Li'l Jawa's Revan Reincarnate, which I can no longer find a download link for. However, there is in the same search results a thread by with a post by Darth333 giving the script that would need to be attached to a dialog at any point before going to Dantooine.

The caveat with this is that there is also a dialog and a few scripts attached to the Dantooine Enclave (the Droid dialog) that have to be edited or cut to allow the PC to continue to the Dantooine Plains.

Not a giant feat really, just a little know how.

I am sure someone here has the Lil Jawa mod, or you could search for the thread I mentioned ;P
 Canaan Sadow
01-02-2011, 7:32 PM
If you search the forums for "Jedi from Beginning" you will find various threads about mods that have done this, most famously Li'l Jawa's Revan Reincarnate, which I can no longer find a download link for. However, there is in the same search results a thread by with a post by Darth333 giving the script that would need to be attached to a dialog at any point before going to Dantooine.

The caveat with this is that there is also a dialog and a few scripts attached to the Dantooine Enclave (the Droid dialog) that have to be edited or cut to allow the PC to continue to the Dantooine Plains.

Not a giant feat really, just a little know how.

I am sure someone here has the Lil Jawa mod, or you could search for the thread I mentioned ;P

Yeah, he's using a similar mod... but he wants to edit the starting class. He doesn't want to multiclass...
 Warrior Master
01-03-2011, 3:22 PM
The problem with the KSE tool is that when you change the class, in my case, from scout to guardian, you have to add 2 points to the MaxHitPoints and 4 + wisdom + charisma to the MaxForcePoints, plus the 5 feats and powers that you get when your character become a jedi, but they don´t work, it also changes the throwing saves and the attack, but the hits and force points are the same as they were before, so there are less hits and force points that there should be. And the mods "Revan reincarnate", "Padawan mod", "Roleplay padawan mod", and I think there is another called "I want to be a Jedi" permit to get the jedi status from the second level. Or is there another mod?
 LDR
01-03-2011, 7:39 PM
You can go into Dialog.TLK to rename the classes, but like above, you have to attach a starting feat.
 Acleacius
01-03-2011, 8:07 PM
The Holowan Plug in mod let's you or Jedi MOD Version 1.0 by Malak369, iirc.
 Warrior Master
01-04-2011, 12:14 PM
But these mods were at PCGM, weren´t they? Where else? Besides, I don´t want to change the hole party, just the PC. And about changing Dialog.TLK, with the KotOR Tool? Puff! I have no idea about using it, I have seen something about that the number 3 is the one of the Jedi Guardian, and I have read something about changing the number of the scout for the one of the guardian, but that makes some mistakes, doesn´t it? Too much complicated for my scarces modding skills. A mod would be much better. Plz, help!
 Qui-Gon Glenn
01-04-2011, 3:26 PM
To do so fully, the way I believe you want, is impossible.

If you wanted to be able to choose a jedi class at the selection screen, and choose force powers from jump, would require either a total conversion mod or an illegal .exe edit.

A Total Conversion is a colossal task, taking years to complete a decent product, longer to make a polished product, and still there are some limitations to what can be done.

I am afraid that not everything is possible with modding. It is, after all, modifying, not creating :)
 Acleacius
01-05-2011, 2:00 AM
Here's his read me on a Polish site, (http://www.kotor2.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=37360&start=0) though it seems in English. You don't pick it at the selection screen, when you choose normal class it's converted to the progressed jedi class.

I actually found my files on an old backup disk and can upload it to Filefront if anyone is interested? It's just a classes.2da and this text.

================================================== ============
Jedi MOD Version 1.0 by Malak369
Idea from randydg

Installation
1.Place the classes.2da file into your override folder
2.Start a new game
3.Even though it says Scoundrel/Scout/Soldier, it will be Jedi
when the game starts

Instructions
Not really much here, just use it and enjoy!

I could have sworn the Holowan plug in mod (http://old-republic.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=68&func=fileinfo&id=81) allowed you to do the same thing, when you talk to Trask it added a line and you pick which jedi class you want to be.
 Warrior Master
01-05-2011, 9:13 AM
Well, yes, I supposed it was a very complicated task, Qui-Gon, but not so huge about making a total conversion, just a simple modification as we can read in Acleaciusґ quote, thatґs what Iґm looking for, so Iґm interested in that mod, Acleacius, but, again, Iґm not interested in changing the hole party, just the main character. And about the Holowan plug in mod, I havenґt seen something about changing the initial class.
 Acleacius
01-05-2011, 3:14 PM
Jedi Mod (http://www.filefront.com/17754627/JediMod.zip/) by Malak369 at Game Front.

Maybe it must was in Holowan Plug in 1, it was about 150meg (iirc). The thing that has always confused me, when Holow Plug in 2 came out, is only about 63meg, so it seemed like we needed to install both.

Also I don't see any thread about PCGMods, are they down permanently?
 Warrior Master
01-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Well, it doesn´t work, it changes the classes soldier/scout/scoundrel for jedi guardian/sentinel/consular, and when you get the initial feats you also get the 5 jedi initial feats, but there aren´t any force powers and force points, I have to save and load the game, but it´s the same as if I used the KSE, because there aren´t the initial force points of the first level, and the same with the powers, none of them; I have tried to modify it with the KSE, but I cann´t, because the force powers don´t appear, and I cann´t also change the class, the soldier/scout/scoundrel classes have disappeared, so I suppose the classes of the companions have changed too. So I will do the same as before, the first the original level and the rest with the "Roleplaying padawan mod".
And about PCGMods, it´s down a long time ago, a pity, there were many good mods for many games, but there was also too much garbage, too many stupid things for all the games, it went out of control.
 Warrior Master
01-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Letґs try another thing: Iґve seen the file "class.2da" of the "Jedi Mod" with the KotOR Tool, and, in theory, this mod should work, but it doesnґt perhaps because in the initial menu, when you create your character, you havenґt the option of selecting any force powers, and also you donґt get the quantity of force points of the chosen class, as in KotOR 2, or is there something more that doesnґt let it work? So, is there any chance of changing that initial menu and to create another like the one of KotOR 2? If itґs possible, what files should be modified for creating a new menu so it could "read and accept" the properties of the Jedi class without any problem?
Or if it doesnґt work or if it isnґt possible, I would like to create another class (i.e. Jedi Master, Warrior Master, or something like that) with its own properties, but the problem, again, would be that the initial menu of character creation wouldnґt read the properties of the Force (points and powers), so it wouldnґt accept it, that would be something like the "Jedi Mod", right?
And in both cases, just for my character, I donґt want to change the classes of the companions.
Well, theyґre just a couple of ideas.
 .:Lord Revan:.
01-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Do you want a mod or to edit it yourself?
 Warrior Master
01-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Well, to be honest, both of them; I mean, I would like it was something easy to install as a mod, because Iґm not a skilled modder, but I would like to know how to do it too, for learning. So Iґm interested in both ways. But I must confess that I havenґt read any tutorial (too lazy :p).
 .:Lord Revan:.
01-12-2011, 3:26 PM
Haha! I understand I hate learning new things. Check out this website http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/) and look for some. I will post some direct links for some or PM them to you. You also might want to check out the Mod request thread here on LF http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=167699&highlight=requests).
 Warrior Master
01-13-2011, 6:20 PM
OK man! Thanks for the help. Iґll try them, but I think I have already seen all the mods that have been done about it :raise:, but Iґll ask there and in the forums.filefront.
Page: 1 of 1