Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mod problem

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Crados
12-30-2010, 6:28 PM
Recently I acquired Avol's Jedi Hoods mod. Since I use Redhawke's Exile Item Pack, I also put the files meant for that mod in my override.
It was all going well, I reached the Harbinger, acquired the items, put on the hoods... but they were all white.
I tried to solve the problem but so far no success. I'm guessing it must be a model problem of some sort, but I have very few understanding of modding.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
 TimBob12
12-31-2010, 4:14 AM
Have you made sure that the texture files are in fact in your overide
 Canaan Sadow
12-31-2010, 5:55 AM
Wouldn't it make them invisible if they weren't? o_O I honestly dunno though, I'm not that great of a modeller/skinner. But if you UV Map, it would make them invisible right? Maybe I'm wrong... haha.
 jonathan7
12-31-2010, 6:15 AM
Recently I acquired Avol's Jedi Hoods mod. Since I use Redhawke's Exile Item Pack, I also put the files meant for that mod in my override.
It was all going well, I reached the Harbinger, acquired the items, put on the hoods... but they were all white.
I tried to solve the problem but so far no success. I'm guessing it must be a model problem of some sort, but I have very few understanding of modding.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Have you made sure that the texture files are in fact in your overide

TimBob is correct, either the Textures aren't in the Override, are in a subfolder or are incorrectly named. Anyone one of those would cause the problem you have. Check the files readme, and try re-installing the mod and making sure ALL the files are directly in the Override and not in any some folders.

Wouldn't it make them invisible if they weren't? o_O I honestly dunno though, I'm not that great of a modeller/skinner. But if you UV Map, it would make them invisible right? Maybe I'm wrong... haha.

No your wrong, the model is still present and will work, classicly it just shows up as white if the game can't find a texture, though that does depend on a models lightmap, as sometimes some items would show up as white/grey/black depending on lightmap settings.
 Darth Crados
12-31-2010, 8:05 AM
TimBob is correct, either the Textures aren't in the Override, are in a subfolder or are incorrectly named. Anyone one of those would cause the problem you have. Check the files readme, and try re-installing the mod and making sure ALL the files are directly in the Override and not in any some folders.

Well, I've attempted to re-install everything. I checked with the KTool to see if the UTI file matches the mask model, which it does. I checked the files for the original hoods (the ones for the normal in-game robes, and they all work), and they have a series of files:
PFBIM.mdl and mdx
PMBIM.mdl and mdx, and so on.
Since there are no such files in the folder which contains the hoods for the exile item pack, could that be causing he problem?
Thanks a lot for the help :thmbup1:

EDIT: Problem solved.IT turns out you have to install both the exile item pack and the exile items booster in order for the hoods to work properly.
Thanks a lot for the help guys ;)
 jonathan7
12-31-2010, 8:16 AM
Well, I've attempted to re-install everything. I checked with the KTool to see if the UTI file matches the mask model, which it does. I checked the files for the original hoods (the ones for the normal in-game robes, and they all work), and they have a series of files:
PFBIM.mdl and mdx
PMBIM.mdl and mdx, and so on.
Since there are no such files in the folder which contains the hoods for the exile item pack, could that be causing he problem?
Thanks a lot for the help :thmbup1:

Hmmm, are the two mods above the only mods you have installed? Or are there any others? Are there .tga files in the Avol hoods mod you got? As thats the textures for the model?
Page: 1 of 1