Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ex-EA Staff Speaks Out on SWTOR

Page: 1 of 1
 Nedak
10-16-2010, 12:15 PM
And Bioware? Don’t make me laugh. They’ve spent more money making the Old Republic than James Cameron spent on Avatar. **** you not. More than $ 300 million! Can you believe that?

And you know what they’re most proud of? This is the kicker. They are most proud of the sound. No seriously. Something like a 20Gig installation, and most of it is voiceover work. That’s the best they have. The rest of the game is a joke. EA knows it and so does George Lucas,they’re panicking , and so most of Mythic has already been cannibalized to work in Austin on it because they can’t keep pushing back launch.

Old Republic will be one of the greatest failures in the history of MMOs from EA. Probably at the level of the Sims Online. We all know it too ……
http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/ea-artist-soon-to-be-laid-off-burns-ea-management-1903)
 CommanderQ
10-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Well...obviously EA Louse is more then a little biased on the subject, but still, there's probably a lot of truth to what was said. If that is the case....oy........why do they continue with an MMO? It's going to be painful to watch if it continues at this rate.....
 Alexrd
10-16-2010, 12:48 PM
Does he want to cry?
 adamqd
10-16-2010, 1:35 PM
I have a Tissue if he needs it...
 CommanderQ
10-16-2010, 2:06 PM
I think he's gone through that stage already....it's turned into a tantrum....
 Astor
10-16-2010, 2:22 PM
More than $ 300 million! Can you believe that?

Surely this is an exaggeration on his part? That's an obscene amount to be spending on something like this.
 adamqd
10-16-2010, 2:25 PM
theres another source that says this ex employee actually knows little of tOR's production, only that "it Sucks"
 Alkonium
10-16-2010, 2:53 PM
Now, I'd never call EA perfect, but how is is this anything more than a disgruntled soon-to-be ex-employee lashing out? Do we know why he's getting laid off?
 sixdeath
10-16-2010, 4:52 PM
More than $ 300 million! Can you believe that?

well each year they will make 180 dollars per account.
180 X 100k players for the first year 18million first year.
lol. doesnt seem logical.
 JediAthos
10-16-2010, 10:51 PM
I have a quote for our disgruntled EA employee: "I've got an idea, why don't we just chug on over to mamby, pamby land and find a little self confidence for you, ya jackwagon!"
 CommanderQ
10-16-2010, 11:27 PM
I have a quote for our disgruntled EA employee: "I've got an idea, why don't we just chug on over to mamby, pamby land and fidn a little self confidence for you, ya jackwagon!"

I can see that you wouldn't be the greatest counselar :D
 JediAthos
10-17-2010, 8:55 AM

Who me? I love people :lightning
 Jeff
10-17-2010, 1:44 PM
I would not be surprised if the $300 million number is accurate considering the game has been in development since 2006, but I think he's just bitter about being laid off which accounts for the harsh words on the game. (I don't doubt what he's saying about WAR though)
 Pho3nix
10-17-2010, 1:59 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if what he said was true, I just hope It's not...
 Ztalker
10-17-2010, 4:02 PM
theres another source that says this ex employee actually knows little of tOR's production, only that "it Sucks"

"They are most proud of the sound."

What should they say otherwise? They aren't?
It's one of those things that distinguishes it from other MMO's.

However, if you check the Dragon Age 2 forums, you will see EA's 'bad influence' is leaking through in Bioware product. If you pre-order DA2, you'll get a party member that people who buy it in shops on the release date won't get.

AKA: You pay for something before you have ever seen it, to get a 'complete' product. If you don't and wait for reviews, you'll miss out.

It could be EA's 'crappiness' is lurking in SWTOR too...
 logan23
10-17-2010, 8:45 PM
Everyone needs to read the full article.
The whole thing with TOR is not true.
The article is about her two bosses and mystic. She does not have the access to know what she is saying about TOR.

Read the article and you will see what i mean.
 Prime
10-18-2010, 9:57 AM
You see people rant like this all the time when they get laid off in the high tech industry. Who on the technical side doesn't complain for various reasons about management? This is totally sour grapes, and frankly he isn't doing himself a favor by burning bridges.

And there isn't really anything in there of substance anyway.
 DAWUSS
10-18-2010, 11:50 PM
Anonymous source. Make of that what you will.
 Darth Avlectus
11-12-2010, 4:06 AM
OH man.

Some of it is probably true. Most of it sounds like a producer bashing rant. So in small part it might be word around the office. Still, I find it very hard to believe the price tag. Maybe half that but come on.

I have a quote for our disgruntled EA employee: "I've got an idea, why don't we just chug on over to mamby, pamby land and find a little self confidence for you, ya jackwagon!"

Somebody has been watching that geico commercial. :dev11:
 Samnmax221
11-12-2010, 8:51 PM
Burn baby burn.
 JediAthos
11-13-2010, 5:21 PM
Somebody has been watching that geico commercial.

I hate Geico, but I love that commercial and I love R. Lee Ermy :)
 Q
11-14-2010, 2:51 PM
LOL@$300 million. Even funnier if true. Funniest if this POS MMO fails miserably like I've wanted it to since I first heard about it.

Should've made KotOR 3, chumps.
Page: 1 of 1