Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Just had some issues with module editing.

Page: 1 of 1
 Axel643
08-17-2010, 2:04 PM
Hello there :)
I got started in KotOR modding recently and I tried to add some NPC in the kas_m22aa module.
I used the "Extract for module editing button" on KotOR tool to edit it. However when I modified the main .rim file (I copied a Struct field for my new npc and edited it) with K-GFF, compiled it into a .mod and placed it in the modules folder, my NPC didn't appear and I could no longer talk to the existing NPC, except my party :raise:
Did I do anything wrong?
 e-varmint
08-17-2010, 2:38 PM
Hello there :)
I got started in KotOR modding recently and I tried to add some NPC in the kas_m22aa module.
I used the "Extract for module editing button" on KotOR tool to edit it. However when I modified the main .rim file (I copied a Struct field for my new npc and edited it) with K-GFF, compiled it into a .mod and placed it in the modules folder, my NPC didn't appear and I could no longer talk to the existing NPC, except my party :raise:
Did I do anything wrong?

I'm not sure. Here's what I would do:

Get the coordinates where you want the NPC to be.
Use same in the Creature List field of the .git file.
Compile all the files that were extracted back into the new mod.
Make sure it goes into the Modules folder, not the Override folder.
Enter the area "fresh". Ie, don't enter via a saved game where you are already in the area.
 Axel643
08-17-2010, 3:31 PM
Enter the area "fresh". Ie, don't enter via a saved game where you are already in the area.
Thanks,
That may be my problem; I indeed used a saved game where I already was on this module.
Do you mean it's better to use a save where I never was on this module or to use a save where I'm not in?

Well I'll try using another save to test the module tomorrow, it may work since I don't recall doing any other thing wrong :thmbup1:
Edit: I recompiled the whole module and dialogues works now, but my NPC still isn't there. It seems adding NPCs by copying structs doesn't work :(
Page: 1 of 1