Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How to beat Bendak (Super Enhanced Mod)

Page: 1 of 1
 Kalenden
08-10-2010, 4:41 PM
Since the super enhanced mod thread seems a bit dead, I decided to ask this here.

How the hell do I defeat Bendak in this mod?

Charging up in melee doesn't work. Large chance he kills me with blasters before I reach him and when he gets his lightsaber out he needs 1 hit! to kill me. Besides, I hardly (if ever) hit him, I can't even use Flurry because then all attacks miss.

Should, by some miracle, I hit him, I estimate for 10-15 damage around 1/30 of his health dissapears. Perhaps less.

Using blasters are useless too, because he keeps throwing grenades (which I can avoid) and then whips out blasters that kill me in 1 shot before I manage to damage him even 1/20th of his health.
Using grenades is likewise useless.

I can't believe this guy can be killed. I honestly can't. He's probably harder than Malak!
To semi proof this point, I gave my guy 20 more STR,DEX and CONT. I still got killed, but managed to get him halfway to death.

Is it perhaps some mod conflict that causes this?
Mods are:
Super Enhanced mod+ Addon
Ultimatesoundmod
Music Enhanced mod
Basty_fixv2
Tomb of Jesset_dal_kest_v2
Brotherhood of shadow 1.2
Ord_mandell mod
Starforge Workbench mod
And finally: Weapons of the old republic 1.1
 RC-1162
08-10-2010, 6:02 PM
Nope, he's just super tough. Try stocking up on as many stims and advanced medpacks and mines and grenades you can get. Equip the strongest armor your character can don, use any equipment you have that can give your character strength and dexterity bonuses.

In the arena, set as many mines as you can before he shoots, then try to lure him into them. Run around the arena to avoid his blasters and keep using your medpacks and tossing grenades. When your health is high enough, risk a ranged attack. Hopefully you should be able to beat him.

Or you could just cheat yourself a 99 STR and 99 CON and pwn his ass. :p
 Kalenden
08-10-2010, 6:33 PM
Thank you for the reply. The guy is ridiculous and I cheated my way out of it (even with 50+ Str, 50+ Dex and 50+ Con the guy wasn't really easy ).

Wouldn't stims be useless? I mean, getting one shotted/slashed kinda defeats the purpose of healing. And, in my experience, grenades are absolutely useless.

Mines on the other hand, are a good idea (I remember a rancor with which I used the same technique ), but , again in my experience, he uses the one-hit-kill shot blaster after throwing around 4-5 grenades, all the while staying in the same spot.

I did have the heaviest armor, I had around 5 temporary upgrades running, and I was using a Soldier ( who, theoretically, should be ideal for arena fights ).

Perhaps he is doable, if you got a ton of grenades and medpacks and somehow manage to avoid the insta death blaster shot, but it isn't worth the effort.

I have to say I'm kinda dissapointed with the Super Enhanced mod so far. Is it the mod that adds all those overpowered items to the game? I've got these gauntlets with +5 strenghts, more Lightsaber crystals and lightsabers then I can count and some really odd and overpowered items. I refuse to use those, so perhaps thats the reason I can't win.

Well, I've ranted long enough, thanks again for the reply, and everybody who wants to try the guy out without cheating, much luck! (You're going to need it).
 TKA-001
08-12-2010, 1:01 PM
Shoot him in the head.
 Ztalker
08-18-2010, 5:51 PM
Shoot him in the head.

http://myspace.roflposters.com/images/rofl/myspace/1206049444499.jpg.%5Broflposters.com%5D.myspace.jp) g

But seriously. The game isnt made for the super-difficulty mod. The fight with Bendak in the normal game almost always had me grab grenades and run away like Gordon Ramsey chased by the Swedish Chef...so it could actually be impossible,
 Taak Farst
08-23-2010, 5:25 AM
http://myspace.roflposters.com/images/rofl/myspace/1206049444499.jpg.%5Broflposters.com%5D.myspace.jp) g

But seriously. The game isnt made for the super-difficulty mod. The fight with Bendak in the normal game almost always had me grab grenades and run away like Gordon Ramsey chased by the Swedish Chef...so it could actually be impossible,

Thank god it wasn't just me who hated the guy. I spent ages killing him, constantly running around the ring then melee-ing him wheneever my health was high enough. It took a hellova long time.
 Ztalker
08-23-2010, 6:14 AM
Thank god it wasn't just me who hated the guy. I spent ages killing him, constantly running around the ring then melee-ing him wheneever my health was high enough. It took a hellova long time.

I never leveled above leven 3 on Taris, to save my level-ups for the Jedi classes....it made it even more difficult :)
But indeed...it was melee - flee - grenade - flee - medpack - grenade - flee - die - reload - repeat.
Page: 1 of 1