Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Force Pushing in a cutscene

Page: 1 of 1
 VarsityPuppet
07-05-2010, 4:13 PM
Okay, so I'm trying to get one character to Force Push another character across a reasonable distance.

The force push effect is working, but the problem is that it doesn't push the character very far.

Using:

ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_TEMPORARY, EffectForcePushed(), GetObjectByTag("Atton"), 0.3);

The only problem is that Atton doesn't get pushed very far... I was thinking it might have something to do with him being a high level: so I switched my party Atton with a generic NPC Atton... and it worked better... but I still don't get it?

Any ideas?
 newbiemodder
07-05-2010, 4:29 PM
How about Force Wave?
 VarsityPuppet
07-05-2010, 5:41 PM
How about Force Wave?

Force Wave is just a variant of Force Push, that pushes several people, no?
 Rtas Vadum
07-05-2010, 5:46 PM
Force Wave is just a variant of Force Push, that pushes several people, no?

You'd be right about that. Its what Kreia uses on the three Masters during the Restored Academy sequence. Its probably scripted(without TSLRCM), so that Kreia doesn't run closer to the Masters, like the Exile might. Considering the distance, that might be where you want to look(though I don't know the name of the script).
 VarsityPuppet
07-05-2010, 5:58 PM
You'd be right about that. Its what Kreia uses on the three Masters during the Restored Academy sequence. Its probably scripted(without TSLRCM), so that Kreia doesn't run closer to the Masters, like the Exile might. Considering the distance, that might be where you want to look(though I don't know the name of the script).

I can't decompile the script... it's something like kreia_cast

Interesting point though: why would it be able to send a non-party npc flying backwards crazily, but not a party npc?
 logan23
07-05-2010, 7:44 PM
You should script it so the npc to flying to a waypoint. Search the forums
 newbiemodder
07-05-2010, 8:25 PM
The force wave does effect several people but the push is much more significant than force push...I think even the npc falls down...if you script it just to the intended party you may get the effect you are looking for...
Page: 1 of 1