Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Doctor-Hal's WIPs

Page: 2 of 2
 Doctor-Hal
06-23-2010, 2:19 AM
Thanks. This next set is for a new series of stims. They are definitely not the best, (once you see them up close the edges are somewhat more jagged), But they work ok. Plus they add some color to the game items.

This effectively wraps up my work on Tatooine, (barring further expansionary work on Anchorhead). I will now take a quick hiatus from modding while I coordinate with those modders who wish to have their unique items included in this mod.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/4787/swkotor2010062223125649.jpg)
 Doctor-Hal
06-25-2010, 9:02 AM
My next section will be placing a merchant or two on Manaan, after which I will begin placing items from modders who wanted to be included in this mod on various special merchants scattered throughout the galaxy. More updates to follow.
 LDR
07-05-2010, 12:43 AM
Can my krath items be put into one of the merchant's stores?
 Doctor-Hal
07-05-2010, 10:10 PM
LordDeathRay:

I'd love to have your items in the mod, however I need to make sure of some basics first. Send me a PM with the following info on your Krath Items.

Description of each item,
Images of any new skins or Icons, (New Icons and skins are very much needed),
Stats for all items.

Get that to me and I'll get back to you asap.

Dr. Hal
 Doctor-Hal
01-10-2011, 5:51 PM
Ok, so here's the deal.
I've actually just put the finishing touches on the Tatooine Merchants and I'll be packaging the mod up as is with four merchants loaded. I was planning on adding numerous other merchants into the game, and in the future I very well might, but at the moment I have another project I'd like to work on and since this one is almost complete...

Anyway, if I get enough interest from people who have custom skinned/modeled items they want added in via my merchants I might start this up again and add another half dozen merchants to the game. For the time being though this project is complete. (Let's call it phase 1.0 )

I'll post a link here when the mod is online.
 JediExile
01-10-2011, 7:09 PM
Nice mod! I was always bored with how the merchants in KotOR sold basically the same things (give or take the unique items). I love the icons and the idea of adding more color to the game.
 Doctor-Hal
01-10-2011, 7:44 PM
@JediExile: Glad you like it! I started this project ages ago and had to drop it for a while due to an RL crisis, but I've been feeling the urge to mod for a while now, and I just couldn't bear the thought of having this project lying around unfinished.

I too have grown tired of the merchants in the game, and hopefully this mod will help to add a little fun and color into everyone's next play-through of this classic game.
 Zhaboka
01-10-2011, 11:04 PM
I LOVE merchant mods. So please release this one! New items make me extremely tingly on the inside. No joke.
 Doctor-Hal
01-11-2011, 12:20 AM
I LOVE merchant mods. So please release this one! New items make me extremely tingly on the inside. No joke.

:lol: Nice, glad to hear it. It's submitted to Kotor Files so It'll be up a few days there. I'll Upload a link here in a few though to a copy on a file sharing site. That way you all can get a preview and let me know what you think.
 Doctor-Hal
01-11-2011, 12:26 AM
Here's the link. I won't add it to the Emporium until I've had some feedback.

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2507711/merchantsahoy-zip-january-10-2011-9-24-pm-991k?da=y)
 LDR
01-11-2011, 6:06 AM
I LOVE the mod.
 Doctor-Hal
01-11-2011, 3:22 PM
:D
Awesome, glad it works.
 TimBob12
01-11-2011, 3:42 PM
Wow, long long time no see.
I'll try out this mod tomorrow although it looks very promising. :D
Are the human merchants voiced?

Great work though.
 Doctor-Hal
01-11-2011, 6:48 PM
@TimBob12 - Glad you like! Everything is voiced with alien vocals.
 Zhaboka
01-11-2011, 11:10 PM
If you want any quick human VOs for human merchants, PM me. I'd could get 'em done within the month.
 Fallen Guardian
01-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Great mod.
 Doctor-Hal
01-12-2011, 2:19 AM
@Zhaboka - Thanks. For the moment I don't have any work for a voicer, but maybe in the future.

At the moment I'm finished with v1.0 of the Merchant mod and am moving on to my second project, (details in the first post of this thread).

So far with the Padawan project I just finished work on the three clues which will lead the player to the location of the Padawan. I'm going to have to figure out how local and Global Booleans work pretty soon though... xD
 Doctor-Hal
01-12-2011, 5:39 PM
Minor update:
I've added the computer on the Ender Spire and the NPC's on Taris who lead you to the Padawan. Dialogue is almost completed, (actually it is completed, I just need to edit it for any grammar/spelling mistakes), and I'm working on adding the first three quest entries now.

Once I complete the quest entries for the first part I'll move onto actually placing the Padawan into the game - a slightly harder task then placing a few random NPC's - still I hope to have it completed within a week. Then I just have another 50-100hrs of work remaining! Hoo Rah!!
 Slstoev
01-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Who will the Padawan replace?
P.S. Sorry if it's already asked.
 Doctor-Hal
01-13-2011, 12:51 AM
An excellent question! Right now I'm going with T3. He's virtually useless after Taris and as long as I keep him on the ebon Hawk still, I don't think cutting him out will be too game breaking. I thought about cutting Juhani, but Kay already does that and I don't want to force people to choose between my mod and Kay.

Update: Working on the Global.jrl file. Blegh, TIME CONSUMING. o_O I'll get it done though...
 Doctor-Hal
01-14-2011, 3:12 AM
Update: I've finally placed the padawan in the game! At the moment she's just using a placeholder model but she is there. I'm finding this somewhat intriguing as I'm having to teach myself a whole new brand of modding skills. Thus far I'm preparing the talk/fight script for the conversation you have with the Crime boss holding the Padawan and once I have that finished I'll finish up the dialogue for the boss and the padawan.

After I finish the dialogue I'll go back over everything and tidy things up, clear up any glitches and so-forth at which point I'll be ready to move onto the next phase and place Alara in the hideout where she'll remain during your time on Taris, (so as not to interfere with T3). Only once you leave Taris will I add the option for actually adding her to the Party.

At the moment I can say I'm feeling somewhat optimistic about this mod. There have been no massive problems of yet and as long as I can handle learning scripting, triggers, and Booleaning there shouldn't be any part of this mod that offers serious resistance. Of course that's not to say it won't take me a while - my time is limited and while none of the things I need to learn are impossibly hard, I'm afraid they are pretty time consuming... Still, it's fun! :)

Edit - Also, thanks need to go out to Canderis who has graciously agreed to do the modeling and skinning for the Padawan! A round of drinks for Canderis! :cheers:
 Doctor-Hal
01-21-2011, 1:43 AM
I have now successfully added the Padawan and the crime boss into the game and am in the process of getting their dialogue together. Once that's complete I'll finish the scripting, (getting the kneeling to work, etc.), then I can move on to adding all the Booleans thus far, (where needed), along with the proper journal entries. My next step after that will be the dialogue for the Padawan if you talk to her while she's waiting in the hideout, and then I'll be ready to actually add her to the party and get the ball rolling. (That's where the real hard stuff comes in).

Actually though I had a revelation the other day - none of this modding stuff is really hard so much as it's tedious and time consuming. The tools for doing whatever you want are here, you just need to learn how to use them. Blegh, who'm I kidding? This is hard. But enjoyable, (which is the point.) :thmbup1:
 Sith Holocron
01-21-2011, 2:39 AM
An excellent question! Right now I'm going with T3. He's virtually useless after Taris and as long as I keep him on the ebon Hawk still, I don't think cutting him out will be too game breaking. I thought about cutting Juhani, but Kay already does that and I don't want to force people to choose between my mod and Kay.

Might be fun to have these two characters to be able to interact with each other in conversation - seeing that the other NPCs won't be chatting with (or about) them.
 Doctor-Hal
01-22-2011, 1:26 PM
Might be fun to have these two characters to be able to interact with each other in conversation - seeing that the other NPCs won't be chatting with (or about) them.

Not a bad idea. I was planning on having some sort of compatibility patch for them, but I could totally see adding something else in. I'd have to talk to Inyri about that. Still such an addition to this mod is a very long way's of. At my current estimation of time needed to complete and my available time to work on this mod, I doubt I'll have it done for quite some time yet. Thanks for the input though! :)
Page: 2 of 2