Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

10 Minutes of Gameplay

Page: 1 of 1
 Harkonnen07
06-16-2010, 2:10 AM
As the title says, ten minutes of gameplay, with commentary too.

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/the-force-unleashed-2-gameplay/345802)
 Ser'eck
06-16-2010, 3:08 AM
Oh yeah this game is looking great! Very nice find Harkonnen07.
 DarthGOGO
06-16-2010, 7:52 AM
Can't wait to unleash that force fury on some unsuspecting stormtroopers.
 Darth Eclipse
06-16-2010, 9:23 AM
DISMEMBERMENT
 Endorenna
06-16-2010, 2:36 PM
Sweet. I can't wait to get my hands on this. ^_^
 jedimike2234
06-16-2010, 4:36 PM
Looks amazing,the dismemberment was sweet,as was the gameplay!
 Shem
06-16-2010, 11:33 PM
It's funny to hear them talk about how this is their "Empire Strikes Back". What was ESB famous for? Their twist. "No, I am your father." Not that I'm making a wild prediction, but again I don't think it would be stretch for Starkiller to find out that he really isn't a clone as the plot's twist. ;)
 Ghost
06-17-2010, 12:12 AM
Great vid
 The-Seraphim
06-17-2010, 5:34 PM
I noticed in the last run for your life moment hes running from a gunship, but right after he gets away he goes down a hall and just grips it and destroys it... why not do that to begin with?

Other than that sillyness It looks like its going to be pretty good.
 The Emperor's Hand
06-17-2010, 5:48 PM
I think all of this gameplay looks fantastic! [Y]

I cannot wait to have another journey with Starkiller, he certainly doesn't appear to be an apprentice anymore!

Cannot wait for this.
 truJedi
06-17-2010, 5:51 PM
your over thinking it ssshhh lol the word your looking for is amazing :D
 Las
06-18-2010, 2:38 PM
i'd like to choose which saber style to use. one of the bummers of TFU I was holding the saber all wrong, and now i've got 2 :(.
 Zerimar Nyliram
06-18-2010, 6:45 PM
Sweet! I like the whole fugitive thing and am really glad we won't be repeating the same tired story with a new Galen starting out as Darth Vader's evil henchman who redeems himself. Nice to see that.
 jbc218
06-18-2010, 9:12 PM
i wish they showed the hud cause i want to see what they changed. but if theres no hud...its just...um yeah...
 Qui-Gon Glenn
06-19-2010, 2:20 AM
Very promising.

@Las: holding it wrong? Or just holding it different than what you expect? There are many right ways to wield edged weapons... I see no problem with Marek's grip.
 Zwier Zak
06-19-2010, 11:02 AM
I must admit it does look pretty good. I'm actually more interested in the story this time around. I wonder how will it work out with the cloning business. The producers claim that TFUII will be the ESB of the series. Maybe they have a scene with a revelation like in the movie?

Vader- I never told you what happened to the real Starkiller
Galen- You told me enough, the Emperor killed him
Vader- No, I am Starkiller... wait what!?

:P
 Kurgan
06-19-2010, 4:49 PM
Looks like you still get health back from killing enemies (a la Rune's "Vampire Sword" power-up). Same Havoc engine, but they souped up the powers and added dismemberment. Pity about the lack of multiplayer!
 DarthSlinky
06-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Yeah, dismemberment in the vanilla version, times have changed since JAMP
 Kurgan
06-20-2010, 1:19 AM
Yeah, imagine having to type in console commands using a joystick and an onscreen number pad!
 Ztalker
06-20-2010, 7:57 AM
Hmmm..their promise of no (or few) QTE seems to be true...that opening scene is excellent! Much more DMM too by the way...good find Harkonnen!
 MAN@ARMS
06-20-2010, 8:22 AM
The game is looking fantastic, i was a big fan of the first.Also I think this story is much better than the prequel trilogy would love it if they turn it into a film (but keep Sam Witwer as starkiller great casting).
 Prime
06-24-2010, 9:30 PM
I know it makes me shallow, and I'm not saying the game will suck, but damn I hate the idea of having to use two lightsabers. I've always thought of it as a gimmick, and having two lightsabers held backwards just feels that much worse. When I see videos it makes me think of a modding mistake were someone has screwed up the saber placement...

You can start your hating...now. :)
 Telagog
07-10-2010, 9:54 AM
I know it makes me shallow, and I'm not saying the game will suck, but damn I hate the idea of having to use two lightsabers. I've always thought of it as a gimmick, and having two lightsabers held backwards just feels that much worse. When I see videos it makes me think of a modding mistake were someone has screwed up the saber placement...

nope, all your getting is love cuz that is exactly how i feel about it. I don't mind having two sabers though, but as you said literaly for a gimmick to spice up gameplay after my 6th play through. BUT WHY ARE YOU HOLDING THEM BACKWARDS?!?!?!?! it makes no practical sense it just means your not putting the full force of your arm into every swing, and now when he runs it just looks ridiculous with his sabers flopping around his back
 Slaterx
07-17-2010, 3:24 PM
LoL Lightsabers look anerexek
 mstr kenobi
07-18-2010, 10:30 AM

as if holding one behind he's back wasn't bad enough...

hate it when game designers go "this is gonna look bada$$"
turns out,it also looks quite stupid
 Slaterx
07-18-2010, 9:37 PM
lol headless stormtroopers
 AlexDM
07-18-2010, 10:18 PM
I hope "The Old Republic" mmorpg allows you to switch styles ^ and includes a backhand grip, not a double, just a backhand grip etc. What i do hope for is that they included more customization = Stances in the game, in one of the teasers / short videos, you see him having 2 sabers and holding them not in a backhanded grip.
 Darca Lar
07-22-2010, 4:18 AM
loved the ten minutes. Though I was more impressed with the trailers. I think they could save some money and still increase profits by just making their movies in CG, but in the realistic style as in the TFU trailers, not the Clone Wars style that I can understand it being for the youth audience, but did not do so well due to that reason. Kids are already into Star Wars. But I digress, the ten-minute gameplay was great. Can't wait to see the full-polished version.
 GUNNER
07-25-2010, 3:24 PM
wow, this looks like it's going to be pretty sweet.
Page: 1 of 1