Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ultimate Head Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 VarsityPuppet
05-20-2010, 9:47 PM
The purpose of this mod is to create as many unique character heads as possible.

I honestly am tired of seeing the same guy/girl as multiple people in the game, so I'm embarking on a leisurely head modeling/skinning quest to change all of that.

So starting alphabetically:

Aaida: 'Widowed' woman in the refugee sector. Lootra was/is her husband. Her head skin always seemed incredibly dark to me.

http://a.imagehost.org/0955/aaida.jpg)

Adana: The girl that's being held hostage by Saquesh. I always thought the children in the Kotor games were an ugly disgrace.

http://h.imagehost.org/0172/adana.jpg)

Anda: That chick who you go to on Onderon to sabotage the Royalist commanders for Vaklu. She still looks alot like the original head, so I may have to work harder on her later

http://h.imagehost.org/0210/anda.jpg)

Bakkel: That crazy Beast Rider beeotch that stole Dhagon Gent's stuff. I try to think about the character when I make them, and for some reason, Bakkel struck me as a drug-abuser.

http://a.imagehost.org/0711/bakkel.jpg)
 vanir
05-21-2010, 1:16 AM
Nice project, good call on Bakkel.
 Totenkopf
05-21-2010, 4:22 AM
I actually borderline hated the generic heads you got in the first game. They looked like fuzzy mannequins.
 redrob41
05-21-2010, 10:35 AM
I try to think about the character when I make them, and for some reason, Bakkel struck me as a drug-abuser.

maybe her pupils should be more dilated? You could also make her eyes slightly bloodshot, and more red tinge to the eyelid skin around the rim. Good call putting the bags under her eyes.
 VarsityPuppet
05-21-2010, 12:21 PM
maybe her pupils should be more dilated? You could also make her eyes slightly bloodshot, and more red tinge to the eyelid skin around the rim. Good call putting the bags under her eyes.

Oh yes! I thought about the dilated pupils (forgot to implement it, heh) but the bloodshot eyes didn't occur to me. I definitely have to remember to do that.
 redrob41
05-22-2010, 1:34 AM
Aaida: 'Widowed' woman in the refugee sector. Lootra was/is her husband. Her head skin always seemed incredibly dark to me.
I looked her up on Wookieepedia, and it looks like you made her even darker than in-game.
Adana: The girl that's being held hostage by Saquesh. I always thought the children in the Kotor games were an ugly disgrace.
For RoR I'm making Asian, Brown, and a bunch of alien kids. How is it that every child the Revan or the Exile runs into, is a blonde Caucasian? How about some ethnic diversity :xp:
Anda: That chick who you go to on Onderon to sabotage the Royalist commanders for Vaklu. She still looks alot like the original head, so I may have to work harder on her later
Yeah, she still looks too similar. With that hairstyle, it's hard to change her much. For RoR, I made her an Offshoot and a Miraluka (with light brown hair), and even then she's too recognizable as a simple re-skin :lol:.

As long as she's the only NPC using that head, I wouldn't sweat it too much. It's all the clones of the commoner heads that cause the problem IMO. Still, it's your mod, so if you gots the time, go for it :D.
 VarsityPuppet
05-22-2010, 3:27 AM
I looked her up on Wookieepedia, and it looks like you made her even darker than in-game.[/quote[

That's impossible. I didn't change the skin color at all. What I meant to say though is that the skin itself looks like someone just use the Brightness/Contrast tool and left it at that. Really dark.

[QUOTE]For RoR I'm making Asian, Brown, and a bunch of alien kids. How is it that every child the Revan or the Exile runs into, is a blonde Caucasian? How about some ethnic diversity :xp:

Good work Redrob! As much as I'd love to do that, I'm really just focusing on the slightly individualized NPCs.... basically the ones that have specific names. The goal is to enhance and distinguish their looks.. I want to keep the basic traits intact. Like for instance, Anda's hair and eye color stays essentially the same color as the original.

Yeah, she still looks too similar. With that hairstyle, it's hard to change her much. For RoR, I made her an Offshoot and a Miraluka (with light brown hair), and even then she's too recognizable as a simple re-skin :lol:.

Yeah... I mean, I could remodel her head more extensively, it's just a pain to work with the eyes, eyelids and teeth. But I'm saving the heads so I can go back and work on them as I choose.
 Forogorn
05-22-2010, 1:17 PM
Those are actually great heads, good job mate!
 GeorgNihilus
05-22-2010, 5:26 PM
Brilliant so far Varsity! I'd download this for sure ... :)

Bakkel and Aida look great indeed IMO ... :thmbup1: and yep hopefully you'll be able to do something else with Anda ...

any others NPCs considered so far or just this 4?

keep up the good work :cool:
 VarsityPuppet
05-22-2010, 9:41 PM
any others NPCs considered so far or just this 4?

I'm aiming for every named human NPC in the game... fairly individual characters, I mean.

Take for instance Adana versus the Standard Refugee.
 Liquidous Snake
06-01-2010, 3:54 PM
Cool job, I like them.
Page: 1 of 1