Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help With .2da

Page: 1 of 1
 Dak Drexl
05-18-2010, 7:36 PM
Ok, so I'm setting up TSL patcher for my mod (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=203920), and I need to include .2da entries. My problem is that this is all I know, so to speak...

I need to make an entry to replace Mira's default head with PFHC05.
PFHC05's normalhead value is 40, so I replaced mira's with that (is that right?). Now I need to input my custom skins, does that go in heads.2da?
 logan23
05-18-2010, 7:43 PM
Dont forget the mdl and mdx files of that model need to be named to match the skin.
 Dak Drexl
05-18-2010, 7:50 PM
Yup, I have the mdl/mdx files from PFHC05 re-named with Mira's head name. That's correct isn't it?
 Rtas Vadum
05-18-2010, 7:56 PM
Yup, I have the mdl/mdx files from PFHC05 re-named with Mira's head name. That's correct isn't it?

If you replace Mira's head model, the PFHC05 mdl/mdx(renaming them to P_MiraH.mdl/P_MiraH.mdx - or however her model is named), then you would just need to rename the PFHC05 textures to match Mira's.
 Dak Drexl
05-18-2010, 8:04 PM
Well here's my problem (it's happened before but I found no solution):

When I replace mira's head model, I also rename the old head's textures to match. For some reason, the first "Light-side" skin (the default one) only shows up on mira when it has its original name (PFHC05). This is what causes my bug because it also shows up on the original PC head.

BUT then, if I name the DS textures "P_MiraHD/P_MiraHD2" (Or whatever they are), the show up on mira but not the original PC head. I hope you understand what I'm saying. I've been told to do some hex editing, which I lack the ability to do so. I thought I could fix it with a .2da but I'm not getting any results :confused:

Sorry if I'm being extremely confusing.
 redrob41
05-18-2010, 8:33 PM
When I replace mira's head model, I also rename the old head's textures to match. For some reason, the first "Light-side" skin (the default one) only shows up on mira when it has its original name (PFHC05). This is what causes my bug because it also shows up on the original PC head.

This is because each .mdl has its own default texture name embedded in it. You'll have to hex edit the .mdl, and replace all instances of PFHC05 with what ever your new texture name is; BUT it MUST be the same number of characters (in this case 6 letters). This method works for both K1 & TSL.

The other option (for TSL only) is to change the value in the alttex column of the heads.2da to be your new name. If you do it this way, it shouldn't matter how many letters long the name of the texture is.
 Dak Drexl
05-24-2010, 5:19 PM
Well I have a new problem with a different .2da and there's really no sense in creating a whole new thread for the same thing...

I made a chiss and I need to give him a custom skinned underwear so that his skin is blue. Here's all I did (I don't see where the problem is):
Made my new skin; named PMBAMQ
Changed the texa column for the appropriate heads to PMBAMQ.
When I open up my game, it's just all white. I don't understand. I also tried different names but got the same result :confused:

Edit: My model entries work okay, just not my textures that I make. I guess my question isn't how I enter it, but how my texture should correspond with what's in my override? They are names exactly the same thing, but I can't think of any other reason.
 GeorgNihilus
05-24-2010, 7:51 PM
so? what happened with Mira's head? :rolleyes:

did you try redrob41 suggestion of alttexture column with a new file name for the texture (like P_MiraHX1)? did u try BEFORE that typing there (in alttexture) the default P_MiraHD1 value?

also, open your PHFC05 head texture with GIMP or Photoshop or something, and resave it before trying in-game.

if still doesn't work, rename your texture P_MiraH.tga and type P_MiraH in alttexture column :raise: ...

try all that :thmbup1:
 Dak Drexl
05-24-2010, 8:20 PM
so? what happened with Mira's head?

Oh, right....
I got caught up in the other mods of mine, my apologies :)
Will get a fix for that soon enough... I have 3 files still "pending" on kotor files, the skin pack being one of them. So I'll just update that with the patcher when it finally comes out.
 redrob41
05-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Made my new skin; named PMBAMQ
Changed the texa column for the appropriate heads to PMBAMQ.
When I open up my game, it's just all white. I don't understand. I also tried different names but got the same result :confused:

Edit: My model entries work okay, just not my textures that I make. I guess my question isn't how I enter it, but how my texture should correspond with what's in my override? They are names exactly the same thing, but I can't think of any other reason.

sounds like you need to add the number 01 to the end of your texture's name. In this example it would be PMBAMQ01.tga and then in the .2da texa column you would put PMBAMQ without the 01.

With all the body models, the tex_ column defaults to the 01 texture, but can always use the 02, 03 etc (like the armours or robes). With the underwear and dancer's outfit, there is usually only the 01 version, because they also have a darkside tex column.
 Dak Drexl
05-31-2010, 9:47 AM
Wow, It's been about a week and I never realized anyone posted here. That worked like a charm, thank you! Now I can finally finalize my favorite mod...
Page: 1 of 1