Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Creating a new .uti problem

Page: 1 of 1
 Dak Drexl
05-09-2010, 8:15 PM
I'm trying to make the items for a mod of mine (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=203489), but can't seem to do it right.

My problem is getting the item to be the Republic Soldier model. I know I can change the armor model by changing the "Base Item" column, but there is no Republic Soldier "base item", so it just appears as a regular combat suit with my texture wrapped around it and distorted (because it's not the right model). How can I change this? Thanks.
 Canderis
05-09-2010, 8:25 PM
You would need to completely replace the combat suit model(every texture) with your own for this model.
 Dak Drexl
05-09-2010, 8:30 PM
That seriously sucks :mad:

There's no way I could like, make a new entry in baseitems.2da or something?
Also there are mods that add the standard republic armor as an equip-able item... how does that work as opposed to this?
 Canderis
05-09-2010, 8:40 PM
Replaces clothing
 Dak Drexl
05-09-2010, 8:59 PM
No, what about like this (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Kotor_Gameplay_Improvement_Mod;108307)?)
This adds a .uti which is a republic armor... I opened it up and it's just a regular .uti like what I have, so there must be a .2da entry somewhere or something.
 Canderis
05-09-2010, 9:07 PM
Is it a disguise?
 Dak Drexl
05-09-2010, 9:16 PM
Nope, it's a base item "Defense bonus 4" or whatever. I plugged it and its corresponding .tga into my override, but the same thing happens as when I make one myself. That's what leads me to believe there's some kind of .2da entry, but I haven't looked yet.
 jimbo32
05-09-2010, 9:31 PM
You could always use redrob41's Republic Combat Suit skin (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=197346) rather than the vanilla Republic Soldier. He's already given permission to use them in mods so long as you credit him.

All you'd need to do is create your armor based on the Combat Suit, and change the texture number to whatever you use for redrob41's skin. Way easier than messing with 2da's.

Edit: The model is "N_RepSold", and the best way to do it (if you're set on that model) would be to change the clothing model for whichever characters you want to be able to use the model. In "appearance.2da" you'd need to change the entries in "modelb" and "texb" to the model name above. Then you could create clothing based on the Republic Soldier model. Note that clothing appears differently depending on the entries in those columns - ie, if you put the same clothing on Mission (without changing her appearance.2da entries), it would appear as her default vest thing.
 Dak Drexl
05-09-2010, 9:43 PM
If I can't figure it out, then that's probably what I'll do. I would have to re-create all my skins, but summer is coming up and that model is sweet anyway.
Page: 1 of 1