Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

base.2da

Page: 1 of 1
 Phildevil
03-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Hi there, I've been searching for a solution to a little problem about "baseitems.2da". Here's my problem: I've got 2 mods that are most required to play, in my opinion: Jesse Fett's TSL no force restriction mod and shem's ultimate soud mod. Both of these mods comes with their edited "baseitems.2da". None of them use TSL patcher. So, what I want to do is find a way to find out what has been edited (I suspect that removing the armor restriction might be less long, but I can't tell) and how to edit the other .2da so that I get both to work in game.
Could you tell me where to start?
What do I need to open both (at the same time) of the .2da and maybe the original one too. I've read I may need kotor tool, wich I already have, but that will not let me open more than one of the ".2da". Is there a way to print them, examine them and rewrite one of 'em?

If somebody has another solution (that does not involve to choose between the two, as it is what I am already doing), please speak.
 Rtas Vadum
03-02-2010, 1:05 AM
Hi there, I've been searching for a solution to a little problem about "baseitems.2da". Here's my problem: I've got 2 mods that are most required to play, in my opinion: Jesse Fett's TSL no force restriction mod and shem's ultimate soud mod. Both of these mods comes with their edited "baseitems.2da". None of them use TSL patcher. So, what I want to do is find a way to find out what has been edited (I suspect that removing the armor restriction might be less long, but I can't tell) and how to edit the other .2da so that I get both to work in game.
Could you tell me where to start?
What do I need to open both (at the same time) of the .2da and maybe the original one too. I've read I may need kotor tool, wich I already have, but that will not let me open more than one of the ".2da". Is there a way to print them, examine them and rewrite one of 'em?

If somebody has another solution (that does not involve to choose between the two, as it is what I am already doing), please speak.

You can open two .2da files at once, you just need to click the 2da button again, and it should give you another blank window(and there you can open the second file). However, the column and rows that you'd need to change for the "no force restriction", I can't seem to remember.
 Phildevil
03-02-2010, 5:37 PM
Doing some research on the forum, I stumbled upon this:

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=198623&highlight=force+restriction)

Instead of modifying baseitems.2da, it alters spells.2da. I got it to work this way (altough I am not sure yet if I will encounter problem). This brings me to a new question.

As I already have a spells.2da in my override, I wonder if that is the one that'll get modified, granted I started KotorTool, found the 2da inside of it (instead of opening the 2da directly with Kotor Tool, using right button of the mice and "open with..."), therefore breaking the game...?
Page: 1 of 1