Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Consolidation

Page: 1 of 1
 Bokken
03-01-2010, 10:51 AM
We'd suggested this in the Battlefront Regulars group, but it doesn't seem like anyone was ever going to get around to it...well, here it is.

I'm going to make a poll. First, however, I need options for it. Of course, some of them are obvious just from browsing through old topics, but we're looking for something other than more maps and more heroes. This way, it'll be relatively simple to find out what is wanted most and the general way it is wanted.

I know that at this point Battlefront III is a long shot. Free Radical went under and threw it to Rebellion, who vomited out Elite Squadron. Was Elite Squadron supposed to be Battlefront III? Maybe, but there is a huge difference between what FR was going to give us and what Rebellion gave us. Maybe it's still somewhere in Rebellion. So both life and feeble attempts at activity go on in the Star Wars: Battlefront series of the LucasForums.
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
03-01-2010, 11:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQE_1whOtqs&feature=related)

Here, I found this footage on youtube. Srry about the bad quality. They actually already announced SWB2 which will come out Nov. 2010.

Here are the maps that have been revealed just by watching this vid (apparently, space and land battles will be all one map!)

Rhen Var

Yavin

Corascaunt

Bespin

Geanosis

Kayshyyk

Death Star

Dantooine
 Bokken
03-01-2010, 1:29 PM
Unfortunately, that's the footage that was leaked from Free Radical. It's got some great eye candy, but we probably won't be seeing it. FR said that the technology they used for the transition from land to space was lost when they went under, didn't they?
 jawathehutt
03-02-2010, 2:13 AM
Haha oops, kinda forgot about that group...
 HockeyGoalie35
04-13-2010, 9:23 AM
Thats really too bad i was waiting for either BF3 (and not some PSP garbage) or an Republic Commando 2 but then they said they were makin what, Force Unleashed 2?
 Alexrd
04-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Thats really too bad i was waiting for either BF3 (and not some PSP garbage) or an Republic Commando 2 but then they said they were makin what, Force Unleashed 2?

LucasArts can publish more than one game at a time, just because TFU2 is being released that doesn't mean more Star Wars games are being produced.
 Bokken
04-16-2010, 5:31 PM
No no, that would imply efficiency, which completely contradicts everything that we've come to know about LA.
 Darth Eclipse
04-20-2010, 5:57 PM
No no, that would imply efficiency, which completely contradicts everything that we've come to know about LA.

QFT
 GeneralPloKoon
05-13-2010, 10:29 PM

Indeed, unfortunately. :( I've given up on the idea that there will be a BFIII.
Page: 1 of 1