Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Battle Suit Utopia

Page: 3 of 4
 Chevron 7 locke
04-14-2010, 11:19 PM
"I know it may be hard to trust someone so easily, especially after we've just met, but believe me, I wouldn't be here if I didn't believe in you and your talents".

Katsu shook his head slowly and smiled slightly again. "No...perhaps it is the time for the story to be told.

"Two years before I joined the MDN I was part of military unit that often went out on seek and destroy missions to destroy enemy mechs. We were returning from a mission when we were ambushed by one of our own."

Katsu clenched his fist and looked down at the ground before rasing his gaze to Haruka again.

"His name was Torv, and before he betrayed us he was the pride of our unit. He was talented, almost unstoppable when he was in a mech and knew how to come up with strategies even in the middle of a battle. But from the first time I saw him I knew something was wrong with him. He loved the thought of having power, I guess we just never thought of how far he would go to get it."

He took a deep breath before continuing.

"We were unprepared when he finally allied himself with the enemy. He and his new allies attacked us in the dead of night. I was able to get to the Vegas and was able to barely fight him off but by that time everyone else was dead. I managed to destroy the command center of his mech but my Mech sustained very heavy damage and it was only through pure luck that I was able to get back to friendly territory."

Katsu's eyes took on a sad look.

When I was out on a routine patrol a year later I found out that I didn't kill him like I thought. I had managed to capture an enemy solder who told me the truth: Torv was alive and was swiftly moving up in the ranks of the enemy."

His eyes took on a much harder look.

"It was that day that I swore I would take him down. Once and for all. Torv is a menace to humanity that needs to be stopped."

Katsu looked down again and this time didn't raise his eyes.

"I found after the ambush that I had severe problems. I had trouble sleeping and found that I would sometimes turn on my allies without even remembering what I had done. I simply worked alone after that."

He raised his eyes again.

"So...now you know the story. So what are you going to do with me? Lock me up? Kill me?"
 Shana
04-15-2010, 2:13 AM
Haruka slapped Katsu's hand gently and gave him a grin.

"Of course not!", Haruka said getting up and looking at him. "I think what you went through was battle trauma, the only way to deal with something like that is to face it".

She then opened the window which overlooked the main hangar. They could see the training ground from there.

"We are all in the same cause", Haruka paused, she had her back to him, her expression wasn't visible to him but she had a serious look. She then turned to face him with a smile.

"You are part of our unit now Katsu, and we look after our own", Haruka said and moved towards the door. "If we find Torv, we'll go after him with everything we've got. We'll back you up a hundred percent. Oh! And make sure you go into the observation room again, I'm sure the guys are curious to know how you're doing".

She left the room and was instantly called by Takahashi.

"So?"

"The situation remains, we're almost in business", Haruka said and moved away from the room going to the lab.
 Chevron 7 locke
04-15-2010, 9:40 PM
"We'll back you up a hundred percent. Oh! And make sure you go into the observation room again, I'm sure the guys are curious to know how you're doing".

Katsu watched as she left the room and the smile vanished off his almost as soon as she left. He couldn't help but think that something else was going on here but he couldn't be sure.

Katsu got himself out of the bed and on his feet began walking toward the observation room. As soon as he reached the observation room he looked over everyone and frowned.

"I...would like to apologize for my lack of control during my test run. I promise all of you that it will not happen again." Katsu turned toward Zhao and tried his best to smile. "How did you do during your test run?"
 Ping
04-16-2010, 7:10 PM
"How did you do during your test run?"

Zhao looked at Katsu and smirked. "Let's just say I was even more brutal than Xaivier's run. Too bad the run wasn't recorded, but I'm sure you'll see how merciless I am against the enemy when we're sent in the field."

A thought then occurred to Zhao. "I'm curious, why did you just freeze out there? With all due respect, that will get you killed if you do that for real."
 Cyborg Ninja
04-17-2010, 2:16 AM
"Let's just say I was even more brutal than Xaivier's run. Too bad the run wasn't recorded, but I'm sure you'll see how merciless I am against the enemy when we're sent in the field."

"Hey its not brutality, its called being aggressively stylistic."

"I'm curious, why did you just freeze out there? With all due respect, that will get you killed if you do that for real."

"Yeah I have to say I'm a little curious myself. If were all teammates than we need to be able to trust each other and I don't know how I can help you Katsu if I don't know what caused you to freeze," Xaivier added in.
 Chevron 7 locke
04-17-2010, 11:52 AM
"I'm curious, why did you just freeze out there? With all due respect, that will get you killed if you do that for real."

"Yeah I have to say I'm a little curious myself. If were all teammates than we need to be able to trust each other and I don't know how I can help you Katsu if I don't know what caused you to freeze,"

"Lets just say that it was a personal issue that has now been hopefully resloved. I would appreciate it if we didn't bring it up again," Katsu said quietly before turning to look down at the Vegas and the other mobile suits.

I'm part of a team now...I have to remember that. If we find Torv I have the others to back me up.
 Master_Archon
04-17-2010, 3:22 PM
((Blah, lame post.))

Roman had remained quiet for some time, and for good reason. First he wanted to see Zhao's test run, and then, he wished to remain quiet to observe the others. He was fascinated to see how they would take to each other, seeing as they weren't all ideally in common enough to mesh well. But it was worth seeing how things went between them.

There was banter between Xaiver, and Zhao for a sort time, and eventually Haruka left to see Katsu. Then Katsu himself appeared, apologizing for his actions, Roman only smirked at this from the background, and remained quiet. The others questioned him, and he gave them a vague, yet to-the-point answer, stating he didn't want to talk about it basically. And that-was-that.

Roman looked around apprehensively as he realized that Remirez, and Haruka both were taking some time to get here, something not very common in military personnel.

Roman sat down in a seat in the corner, shaking his head, and smiling to himself, he could be so strange at some times, worrying over nothing wasn't like him. He guessed he concerned himself a bit too much with....friends. He hesitated to consider what the altercation could be, but settled for friends for the moment.
 Ping
04-19-2010, 5:35 PM
"Lets just say that it was a personal issue that has now been hopefully resloved. I would appreciate it if we didn't bring it up again,"

Zhao opened his mouth to reply, but thought better of it. He knew that he wouldn't share details of his past with anyone if he was in Katsu's position, and was even content in knowing others - with the exception of Haruka and the MDN, which seemed to know everything about a given person - didn't know about him. Instead of replying, Zhao simply gave a curt nod.
 Shana
04-20-2010, 8:19 PM
Haruka made her way back into the observation room followed by General Ramirez. As soon as they did General Ramirez walked to the platform overlooking them.

"I have been informed of the results of your test runs and I must say it was impressive indeed", The General said. "But we don't win battles by doing VR training now do we?"

The general began pacing around the platform.

"We have just received intel, that at 0500 this morning, Chinese forces have taken over the eastern part of Morocco, they landed by sea and took the American embassy by force. The situation on the Arab countries has changed for the moment, we need our team to retrieve the US Ambassador from a fort located in the border between Libya and Tunisia. Katsu, Xaivier and Zhao will deploy a few miles away so as to circle around the enemy, Roman and Haruka will serve as decoys doing a head on assault. Haruka will distract them on the air while Roman focuses on drawing their attention", General Ramirez said. "You are to depart immediately. I'm sorry that it's this fast but I know you guys aren't so get to work gentlemen, and lady".

General Ramirez saluted and left.
 Master_Archon
04-21-2010, 9:53 AM
Roman shifted his gaze as Haruka entered the room once more, followed by the General, who promptly stepped up onto a platform that overlooked them. Roman furrowed his eyebrows in question, he'd just now noticed the platform, a bit too conveniently placed, if you asked him. But Roman tuned in to what the General had to say.

"I have been informed of the results of your test runs and I must say it was impressive indeed," The General said, Roman smirked knowing that there was more. "But we don't win battles by doing VR training now do we?"

Like he expected of a General.

"We have just received intel, that at 0500 this morning, Chinese forces have taken over the eastern part of Morocco, they landed by sea and took the American embassy by force. The situation on the Arab countries has changed for the moment, we need our team to retrieve the US Ambassador from a fort located in the border between Libya and Tunisia. Katsu, Xaivier and Zhao will deploy a few miles away so as to circle around the enemy, Roman and Haruka will serve as decoys doing a head on assault. Haruka will distract them on the air while Roman focuses on drawing their attention," General Ramirez said. "You are to depart immediately. I'm sorry that it's this fast but I know you guys aren't so get to work gentlemen, and lady."

With that the General departed with a swift salute, Roman standing, and saluting as he left.

Roman smiled to himself, thinking, 'A mission with Miss Haruka already, very good!'

He was somewhat glad he'd remained in his pilot's suit, as he walked over towards the others, a smile on his face.

"A mission already! How fortunate for us," he said, looking at the others with uplifted eyebrows.

"It will be a pleasure working with you Miss Haruka, and may I ask, when do we depart?" Roman stated, and asked, curious as to their departure time, whether it was immediate, or within a certain time.
 Cyborg Ninja
04-21-2010, 3:49 PM
Xavier was happy that he would be teaming up with Zhao after watching his test and still a little concerned about Katsu. Haruka picked all of them for a reason and up until Katsu's freak out he did exceptionally well. He couldn't wait to get back into Nova and really go Psycho on the enemy. He jumped up from his seat and looked over at Roman who had just walked over to the group.

"You gotta get your ears checked buddy," Xavier said to him. "Alright let's go rescue that ambassador and if there's enough time after the mission can we stop at McDonalds?"he added in jokingly.
 Ping
04-21-2010, 4:56 PM
Zhao was happy to go back into cobat, and even happier that he was teaming up with Xavier, seing as they had similar fighting tactics and respect for each other. He did worry a little about Katsu, but Zhao figured it shouldn't be a problem.

"A mission already! How fortunate for us,"

"Fortunate indeed." Then Zhao heard Roman ask Haruka when they were leaving.

"I believe General Ramirez said we'd depart immediately. I guess that means we better get prepped. Let's get ready to kick some ass." Zhao said eagerly.
 Chevron 7 locke
04-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Katsu looked at the General's retreating back with narrowed suspicous eyes. He still suspected both Haruka and General Ramirez of keeping something important from them, but at the moment he had no other choice but to obey orders.

For now...As soon as I have some proof that they're keeping something that could jeperdize us then I'll share my suspicions with the others.

"I believe General Ramirez said we'd depart immediately. I guess that means we better get prepped."

"In that case I'm going to check over the Vegas before we go. I...discovered that there were some problems with my battle suit during the training run and I want to make sure they don't resurface during an actual mission. Or I can check them on the way, whatever works."

With a last suspicious look at Haruka he turned and headed for his battle suit.
 Shana
04-22-2010, 12:09 AM
"It will be a pleasure working with you Miss Haruka, and may I ask, when do we depart?" Roman stated, and asked, curious as to their departure time, whether it was immediate, or within a certain time.

"You gotta get your ears checked buddy," Xavier said to him. "Alright let's go rescue that ambassador and if there's enough time after the mission can we stop at McDonalds?"

"I believe General Ramirez said we'd depart immediately. I guess that means we better get prepped. Let's get ready to kick some ass." Zhao said eagerly.

Haruka giggled because of the question and both Xaivier and Zhao's answers. She then turned to Roman and the rest.

"Well, it's time to go prove ourselves out there. By the performances we've put in the training exersize we shouldn't have a problem. I got your backs as long as you got mine", Haruka said and walked over to a panel near Takahashi. But she noticed how Katsu shot a look at Haruka, she knew he was getting suspicious, it didn't take a genius to notice. As the others left Takahashi asked her what was wrong. She approched him discretely and started to talk so only he could hear.

"I may have to accelerate my plans. Katsu is getting suspicious but I'm confident that if I approach him first I may gain an ally. He's japanese as well so he'll understand where I'm coming from", Haruka said and Takahashi frowned.

"What if he doesn't?", Takahashi asked.

"Then we might as well write our wills", Haruka said and left for the Battle Suit hangar.
 Cyborg Ninja
04-22-2010, 1:29 AM
Xavier raised an eyebrow at Katsu as he left the group. He shook his head and silently cursed to himself. He seemed to have an impact on the rest of the group, but he still wasn't able to connect with Katsu. He felt completely confident in trusting the others with watching his back...but what if Katsu doesn't? Xavier chuckled to himself and dismissed the idea.

"Hey good luck out there Roman, and try not to die. That won't be a problem with me and Zhao here though, we'll have these guys begging for mercy after a few seconds," Xavier said to them as they walked.
 Ping
04-22-2010, 3:48 PM
As Zhao got up to leave the observation room, out of the corner of his eye, he noticed Katsu gave Haruka an...odd look. Zhao couldn't help but wonder what was happening between the two. That Katsu makes me look normal, he thought, attempting to try to figure out what could have possibly been the cause, and then gave up, and settled for the probability that Haruka had probably said something while she had checked on Katsu in the infirmary. Zhao then snapped back to reality when he heard Xavier's voice.

"Hey good luck out there Roman, and try not to die. That won't be a problem with me and Zhao here though, we'll have these guys begging for mercy after a few seconds,"

Zhao chuckled at Xavier's remark. "Assuming there are any left to beg. Good luck out there, Roman. Let's hope you and Haruka make it through."
 Master_Archon
04-22-2010, 9:14 PM
Haruka giggled, making Roman hide his bashfulness behind a grin. She turned toward him primarily, but spoke reference to them all.

"Well, it's time to go prove ourselves out there. By the performances we've put in the training exercise we shouldn't have a problem. I got your backs as long as you got mine."

"No question about it Miss Haruka!" Roman complied enthusiastically.

"Hey good luck out there Roman, and try not to die. That won't be a problem with me and Zhao here though, we'll have these guys begging for mercy after a few seconds," Xaiver said to him, making Roman laugh, and then his face grew a bit more serious.

"I'm afraid I have nothing to fear from my enemies that would kill me. But I fear a sudden heart-attack from nervousness, or death by embarrassment if I say, or do something stupid around Miss Haruka, might be the end of me," he told Xaiver in a lighthearted, but serious manner - in all confidence to his new friend. Although he knew Zhao could, and probably would hear him, he trusted the fellow pilot had enough respect for him to be 'On-the-Level' about it.

"Assuming there are any left to beg. Good luck out there, Roman. Let's hope you and Haruka make it through," Zhao remarked somewhat cryptically, in Roman's opinion, but he understood he meant well.

"Between us...." Roman paused, looking over at Haruka as she stood near Takahashi, distracted - in her pilot's suit, like himself. "....I just want to make it through without a nosebleed!"

He he whispered this part, smirking, and chuckling lightly, he shook his head, "Oh, nevermind, I'm being too disrespectful for my own good."

Roman proceeded to wave to them as he stopped, and turned around, heading back to the observation room to wait for Haruka, seeing as there was no point in leaving his new, and probably temporary, partner behind. Besides, it wasn't very polite to do either.

He met her as she was heading toward the hangar, making him turn around to follow, and go in the same direction. He smiled, and nodded, remarking quietly, but quite obviously with humor, "I advise you not to stand in front of me when the fighting starts. I have a tendency to shoot things in that direction."

He laughed, and shook his head, his face growing serious as he spoke to himself in Ukrainian-Russian. One could notice the difference in his speech, as his native tongue came with far more eloquence, and fluidity.
 Ping
04-22-2010, 10:05 PM
When Zhao heard Roman mention how he was afraid of doing something stupid in front of Haruka, he couldn't help but smirk. As soon as he and Xavier were out of earshot of Roman, Zhao made a remark.

"This should be interesting. We have a member with who has feelings for another. Looks like this battle will be their 'date'." Zhao said, chuckling at his own joke. "This little crush should provide some entertainment for me," he added, smirking. He wouldn't tell Haruka about Roman's feelings - even for Zhao, that was pretty rude - but he always found some odd entertainment in seeing people vying for affection from another.
 Shana
04-30-2010, 1:36 PM
"I advise you not to stand in front of me when the fighting starts. I have a tendency to shoot things in that direction."

Haruka simply grinned at him.

"If I'm ever in front of you, you won't even notice", she said with a wink. She then got on the elevator to her battle suit.

The Aegis 11 powered up and Haruka moved it all the way to the hangar where the massive ship that was going to take them was already hovering in place to pick them up. Aegis 11 strapped itself to a metal harness. There were other harnesses next to Haruka for the other battle suits. The massive ship was designed for their team specifically. The "Black Titan", one massive transport ship capable of holding 8 battle suits inside also modified for cover support and gunners with high heat armor penetrating rounds and Jericho spread missiles. All inventions of Haruka.

"Aegis 11 standing by for load proceadure", Haruka reported.
 Chevron 7 locke
04-30-2010, 6:42 PM
Katsu gave Haruka and the others another suspicous look before turning to watch Haruka enter the elevator.

I can't help but that one has some sort of plan. And that we are all pawns in it. She needs to watched at all times on the battlefield.

He turned away from the others and then entered the elevator that would take him up up to the Vegas's control center. The elevator arrived at the top of the Vegas within second and Katsu climbed into the control center.

He began bringing all of the systems online and did a doublecheck on all of the systems. One of the control panels flashed red and Katsu flicked a few switches and then it turned green.

I can't help but think they didn't manage to fix all of the problems that the Vegas experienced after it's last battle.

He moved the Vegan over to the hanger bay where Haruka had gone and stood behind the Aegis 11 and then looked up at the large ship hovering above him.

"Vegas is standing by for load proceadure."
 Ping
05-02-2010, 8:49 PM
Zhao kept walking and eventually made his way to the hangar.

"See you on the battlefield," he said to Xavier, and then took the lift into his Aero 8 mech. Zhao strapped himself in, did a quick systems check, and then walked the machine over to where Katsu and Haruka were, waiting to be loaded. Zhao did have to admit, the aircraft they were about to enter was absolutely gigantic, and didn't think he had seen anything bigger.

"Aero 8, standing by for loading procedure," Zhao said, tempted to just fly into the carrier with his jetpack.
 Cyborg Ninja
05-03-2010, 3:42 AM
"I'm afraid I have nothing to fear from my enemies that would kill me. But I fear a sudden heart-attack from nervousness, or death by embarrassment if I say, or do something stupid around Miss Haruka, might be the end of me,"

Xavier looked over at Roman and smiled.

Well she is really cute no doubt about that

Haruka was into mechs and giant weapons, how lucky could a guy get? It seemed Roman shared similar interests in her as Xavier did. The only problem Xavier saw was if she flet anything for either of them. One thing Xavier did know was if she felt something for Roman, Xavier would do whatever he could for the guy as his Wingman. With that in mind he made his way into his battle suit and strapped himself in. He made sure everything was in order before responding.

"Red leader standing by, sorry I couldn't resist. Nova standing by for loading procedure."
 Master_Archon
05-04-2010, 9:27 PM
Haruka grinned at Roman, he in turn exchanging it with a smile.

"If I'm ever in front of you, you won't even notice," Haruka responded with a wink. Roman chuckled but tilted his head, he wasn't quite sure what she meant, thinking to himself, 'Japanese humor, I guess?'

She went up on her lift and they parted ways, Roman proceeding to the Lævateinn 2, climbing into the old suit's chest cockpit. He had retrieved his helmet and was now hooked up to the suit, excluding the visor, he simply used the old fashioned camera system to pilot the Battle Suit into position, attaching the Lævateinn 2 to the same metal harness as the Aegis 11 had.

He pressed for the comm, "Lævateinn 2, ready and waiting."
 Shana
05-08-2010, 12:24 AM
"Clear landing platform"

Haruka sat down straight and made sure her strappings were tight enough and then noticed on her HUD that video feed from General Ramirez appeared.

"Once on the target you'll have approximately half an hour before the entire back up forces of the Chinese are on your ass", General Ramirez said and saluted them. "Good Luck!"

Haruka simply gave him a small salute with two fingers and just looked as the Aegis one was lifted into a compartment. Each Battle Suit had it's own compartment adjusted to fit them for transportation. The common channel for all of them to speak together was soon opened. Haruka looked at her team mates faces and then grinned.

"As long as we watch each other's backs we're all clear. Nobody try to be a hero guys, last thing we need is dead Ace pilot", Haruka said and leaned back on her seat closing her eyes for a bit.

The massive ship lifted off with a great roar of it's engines. It began speeding up in the air as the curtain of water closed with the hangar doors. They were now in the air on route to the battlefield. Haruka was confident enough that her team mates were capable to handle this mission so fast. But she would have to move fast as well to talk to Katsu and get him on her side. Getting the others would be easier later if she succeeded.
 Ping
05-09-2010, 1:23 PM
Zhao allowed his mech to be loaded into the carrier, and was surprised when the common channel was turned on, not expecting to see four faces pop out at him.

"As long as we watch each other's backs we're all clear. Nobody try to be a hero guys, last thing we need is dead Ace pilot"

"Hey, that's the first rule of combat, to not be a hero. I suppose if any of us had done that, we wouldn't be aces now, would we?" Zhao said with a small grin. "By the way, how long is it until we get to Africa?"
 Master_Archon
05-09-2010, 4:58 PM
Roman leaned back as the common channel was opened, and the faces of his fellow pilots appeared, arrayed in their pilot suits and helmets.

"As long as we watch each other's backs we're all clear. Nobody try to be a hero guys, last thing we need is dead Ace pilot," Haruka said to them, Roman shaking his head with a smirk.

"Tell that to Xaiver," he jested with a light laugh.

"Hey, that's the first rule of combat, to not be a hero. I suppose if any of us had done that, we wouldn't be aces now, would we?" Zhao said.

"If that were true, every surviving pilot for the past couple of years would be aces. It takes a bit more than just surviving to the next fight. But I understand you Zhao, 'No More Dead Heroes' is the saying that leads one to become an ace....eventually," he replied in a friendly manner.

"I feel like I've heard that saying though?" He questioned out loud, but to no one specifically. ((Halo: CE jab; Cyborg should understand. :D ))

"By the way, how long is it until we get to Africa?" Zhao asked, bringing silence to Roman for the moment.

"I--I'd say the average round trip at normal flight speeds should take us to around 20 to 25 hours to arrive in Morocco from Japan," he answered, pausing in thought. "Although this huge beast of a carrier plane can probably go a bit faster than normal flight speeds, I'd still have to say the time won't go below 16 hours of flight time."

Roman slouched a bit in his pilot's seat and closed his eyelids halfway, saying lazily, "Miss Haruka can probably tell us a more accurate time-frame, but with what I know in mind, I think I'm going to take a nap."
 Cyborg Ninja
05-09-2010, 11:43 PM
"As long as we watch each other's backs we're all clear. Nobody try to be a hero guys, last thing we need is dead Ace pilot," Haruka said to them, Roman shaking his head with a smirk.

"Tell that to Xaiver," he jested with a light laugh.

Xavier took his helmet off which hid his face to laugh and smile.

"I knew that last part was directed at me," he said with a chuckle.

"Hey, that's the first rule of combat, to not be a hero. I suppose if any of us had done that, we wouldn't be aces now, would we?" Zhao said.

"Hey there's nothing wrong with a hero in my opinion. Folks need heroes, to give them hope." he said in a much more serious tone this time. ((Yay for Halo references))

"I--I'd say the average round trip at normal flight speeds should take us to around 20 to 25 hours to arrive in Morocco from Japan," he answered, pausing in thought. "Although this huge beast of a carrier plane can probably go a bit faster than normal flight speeds, I'd still have to say the time won't go below 16 hours of flight time."

"Aww man 16 hours...anyone wanna play I spy? Oh, or we could watch a movie!"
 Shana
05-11-2010, 6:00 PM
"Miss Haruka can probably tell us a more accurate time-frame, but with what I know in mind, I think I'm going to take a nap."

"Well I for one, am just shutting my eyes for a moment to clear my mind. Watch this", Haruka said without opening her eyes she just typed some things on her HUD and suddenly the external camera came into view for all of the present. The ship was actually lifting away into orbit. The sky suddenly became full of stars even though it was the middle of the day. And just like that a strong jerk motion was felt by everyone.

The ship's giant engines blasted off at full speed. The travel time would be considerably less.

"As you can guess, we'll be there in a jiffy, no worries", she said still not opening her eyes, instead she put her hands together and began whispering in japanese what would seem like a prayer.

"All battle suits prepare for drop in 20 minutes"

"How's that for speed?", Haruka said with a smile. "We wouldn't be able to police the world, just us as a unit if we couldn't move anywhere fast enough".
 Chevron 7 locke
05-11-2010, 6:59 PM
"All battle suits prepare for drop in 20 minutes"

Katsu was fighting the urge to fall asleep. The engines were providing a comfortable background sound. But the second he heard Haruka's voice his eyes snapped back open.

She can't be trusted. I should be warning the others but I don't know if I can trust them either. Maybe if I take the direct approach I can get the truth out of her. It's unlikely, but it may work.

"Miss Haruka. I would appreciate it if I could speak to you alone for a few minutes if that would be alright with you."

It can't hurt to be polite. It may get me a bit further then if I demand to speak with her.
 Shana
05-12-2010, 1:30 PM
Haruka opened her eyes as Katsu's voice was finally heard through the channel. She sat up straight and nodded.

"Sure Katsu, it's alright, switching to private channel", Haruka said and pressed a button and instantly they changed to an encrypted channel.

I wanted to talk to him more openly but guess I can't help it, Haruka thought to herself.

"I kinda know what this is about Katsu. I could feel the distrust in the glances you threw at me. But there really isn't anything you should suspect from me. Not after I show you something", Haruka said and started to type on her console fast displaying on Katsu's HUD pictures of the MDN with the Chinese Allied Forces destroying a port village at the east of Japan.

"We had been played as fools Katsu. The MDN only made a deal with Japan so they could supply them of weapons. The truth is, they don't give a damn about our people. The intention of the MDN is to forfeit Japan's territory to the Chinese in exchange of the oil reserves in Arab Countries. You must be aware that the Chinese got a foot hold in Brasil, they secured the ethanol plants that the Brasilians had so they got a huge amount of fuel to last them a lifetime, they don't need the fuel in the Arab Countries", Haruka said and then displayed another picture of the US, Mexican, English and French presidents signing a contract with the Russian, Chinese and North Korean Presidents. "These photos are missing something, wouldn't you agree? Where's our president Katsu? He's being left in the dark entirely, the MDN thinks I don't know but this information was secured by my father and they buried him for it a few hours ago. They still haven't noticed that I got this encrypted file from my father. But after he made these discoveries, as a Japanese citizen... no, as a free citizen of this world it is my job to make sure this betrayal doesn't go unchecked".

Haruka grinned at him.

"I know it must be a lot to process and you have no reason to believe me, but after this mission, the wheels will start turning and you will be forced to choose a side. I chose you and the others because you all have a strong sense of justice, I didn't need cold blooded soldiers, I needed soldiers with a soul. And you have one, a strong one. You don't have to believe me now but I already risked enough showing you this. They probably will crack this secured channel and find out that I told you about this and my real intentions. I used to love the MDN, but now... I have to stop it, with you or without you guys, but I admit, I won't get very far without you", Haruka said.
 Chevron 7 locke
05-12-2010, 4:37 PM
"Where's our president Katsu? He's being left in the dark entirely, the MDN thinks I don't know but this information was secured by my father and they buried him for it a few hours ago. They still haven't noticed that I got this encrypted file from my father. But after he made these discoveries, as a Japanese citizen... no, as a free citizen of this world it is my job to make sure this betrayal doesn't go unchecked".

Katsu's eyes were wide open as Haruka explained the magnitude of the betrayal of the MDN. This could explain so much...I never could explain why the rest of the unit was acting so weird in the days before Torv killed them. This could explain why Torv betrayed the unit. He may have found out the truth and wiped out the rest of them when he found out the truth.

"I needed soldiers with a soul. And you have one, a strong one. You don't have to believe me now but I already risked enough showing you this. They probably will crack this secured channel and find out that I told you about this and my real intentions.

Katsu leaned back in his chair as the reality of what he had heard hit him like a thunderbolt.

"I...I...This explains quite a bit. I didn't tell you this in the hospital but in the days before Torv killed off the rest of the unit, everyone was acting strange. Keeping me out of conversation, talking with Torv in secret. I believe you Miss Haruka. And let me say this...If they do crack this channel and come after you, rest assured that I will do everything in my power to protect you. Even sacrifice my life to save yours. As of this moment, I stand with you."

He looked down, he couldn't believe what he was thinking.

If we find Torv somewhere in this battle...I think I should try and talk to him. I suspect that he knows the truth. And that is why he killed everyone.

He looked back up at Haruka and smiled sadly. "I am sorry to hear about your father Miss Haruka. I'm glad that he managed to get this information to you and I am sorry to suspecting you of betraying us. The MDN has betrayed our county and they will pay with blood."
 Ping
05-12-2010, 7:35 PM
"How's that for speed?", Haruka said with a smile. "We wouldn't be able to police the world, just us as a unit if we couldn't move anywhere fast enough".

"20 minutes? That is very fast," Zhao said, impressed. "Guess I should do a little research on vehicles more." Zhao heard Katsu ask to open a private channel with Haruka, and frowned, but didn't comment. Zhao believed that private conversations should be saved for later, when there was more time to relax. Now was the time to fight, and the fate of the war was probably at stake, too. Zhao checked his ammo supplies on his assault rifle and MGs, and then cocked his assault rifle. "We should be fighting soon. I suggest everyone makes sure that their weapons are fully functional," Zhao said in a deadpan tone, as if he was reading from a manual.
 Shana
05-13-2010, 5:56 PM
"I...I...This explains quite a bit. I didn't tell you this in the hospital but in the days before Torv killed off the rest of the unit, everyone was acting strange. Keeping me out of conversation, talking with Torv in secret. I believe you Miss Haruka. And let me say this...If they do crack this channel and come after you, rest assured that I will do everything in my power to protect you. Even sacrifice my life to save yours. As of this moment, I stand with you."

Haruka's expression suddenly went from serious, to relief and ultimately to joy.

"You have no idea how relieved I am that I can count on you. I was right to believe in you, thank you Katsu, but we must hold it in for the time being. I just have to get a reason to make the others know about this. I have put into your luggage a small data disc, it contains all the evidence in case they wish to shut me up. Let the others know, they most probably won't know I opened the channel with you but they will know it originated from me. Don't give them reasons to kill you, after all if they do come for me I might need your help to get out of the bind", Haruka said and listened as he spoke again.

"I am sorry to hear about your father Miss Haruka. I'm glad that he managed to get this information to you and I am sorry to suspecting you of betraying us. The MDN has betrayed our county and they will pay with blood."

"It's alright Katsu, my father knew he was getting into a great deal of trouble just getting this information to me. I owe it to him to get the MDN before justice, and I won't stop at anything until they answer for this. But enough of this, we0ve prolonged this too long, we must go back before they get suspicious", Haruka said and then closed the channel and everyone was back on screen again as she heard Zhao suggest that they check their weapons.

"I already did, weapons optimal", Haruka said and looked over her HUD, the timer was soon running out. Get ready guys, we'll be dropping the ground team in 5 minutes. Xaivier, Katsu and Zhao, best of luck out there, remember keep on the look out as we attack the base from the front, then you guys make your move on the back once they leave their posts to reinforce their frontal position. I'll be flying over head so make sure you try to destroy any anti Air defense you spot", Haruka said.

The ramps begun to open.

"Remember to deploy the parachutes as soon as you are below radar range otherwise you'll hit the ground like meteors!", Haruka said.
 Master_Archon
05-13-2010, 6:09 PM
((Edit: Shana posted above before I saw it, I'll edit accordingly if needed.))

"20 minutes? That is very fast," Zhao said. "Guess I should do a little research on vehicles more."

"You're telling me, even for orbital flight that's fast, almost too fast," Roman remarked, shifting into a more comfortable position as he was still attempting to nap, regardless of the limited time.

"Miss Haruka. I would appreciate it if I could speak to you alone for a few minutes if that would be alright with you," Katsu said, causing Roman to shift once more, only this time it wasn't to get into a more comfortable position, it was more out of discomfort out of what he heard. But Roman simply kept shut up and still trying to nap, he simply didn't like the sudden idea of private conversations before a mission, after all, one's mind should be on the task at hand, and not on the words you'd just traded with another. Plus it just got under his skin that they were having a 'private' conversation, though he couldn't really guess why.

"We should be fighting soon. I suggest everyone makes sure that their weapons are fully functional," Roman heard come over the common channel once more, causing Roman to grunt in displeasure.

"We just used them, they should be fi--ine," he grumbled, as he didn't enjoy being interrupted from naps, or attempts at napping. "But as far as things go, I'll have Lævateinn 2 run a self diagnostics, A.I.'s were made to make Battle Suits be smart, not look smart," he remarked, opening his eyes halfway and running his hands along his suit's console, screens popping up everywhere as the Lævateinn 2 started enacting diagnostics on itself and it's weapons, allowing Roman to return to his nap 'attempting'.

Moments later two familiar, one quite prettier than the other's, faces reappeared on the common channel, Haruka commenting on Zhao's remark almost immediately, "I already did, weapons optimal."

"Get ready guys, we'll be dropping the ground team in 5 minutes. Xaivier, Katsu and Zhao, best of luck out there, remember keep on the look out as we attack the base from the front, then you guys make your move on the back once they leave their posts to reinforce their frontal position. I'll be flying over head so make sure you try to destroy any anti Air defense you spot," Haruka told them, the ramps beginning to open up on the ship.

'I don't get wished good luck like the others? Guess she wants me to go in there and die horribly then,' he thought to himself as he straightened up from his nap attempting, and although his thought may have seemed morbid, it was actually quite humorous (to him), causing a smile to spread silently across his face.

"Remember to deploy the parachutes as soon as you are below radar range otherwise you'll hit the ground like meteors!" She told them, Roman finishing up the diagnostics check, and attaching his suit's Optics Visor to his helmet.

"That goes without saying," Roman spoke up. "But for you hotshots, remember, landing with your propulsion systems sounds cool, but wastes too much fuel, parachutes are slower to get you to the ground, but leaves you full on fuel, and ready for combat. Take my advice, learned that firsthand awhile back."

Roman sighed and shook his head, then grinned, "Have fun you three, enjoy yourselves, but not too much, mind you. As for me, I guess I get to be the greased pig that keeps them running in circles until you guys come in!"
 Chevron 7 locke
05-13-2010, 7:11 PM
"But enough of this, we've prolonged this too long, we must go back before they get suspicious."

Katsu nodded once before the screen went dark just in time to hear Zhao suggest that they check on the weapons systems.

Just to be cautious I should check all the systems. Especally the ejection system. That thing has been acting strange since they said they repaired it.

Even as Katsu went over the systems he couldn't help but think over what Haruka had said. The MDN had betrayed Japan...He still had trouble getting his mind around it.

A red flashing light interupted his thoughts and he growled in frustration. The ejection system was on the fritz again and was flashing red. He brought his fist down on the control panel and the light turned green and the flashing stopped.

I need to have some words with the technicians who worked on the Vegas the last time it was in for repairs. This blasted thing still refuses to work properly.

"Remember to deploy the parachutes as soon as you are below radar range otherwise you'll hit the ground like meteors!."

"As you wish Miss Haruka." He said as he turned his attention back to the systems diagnostic that was running. It was nearly complete, only about one minute was left on it.
 Shana
05-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Haruka then looked over at Roman on her monitor.

"I'll be counting on you Roman, but I know you won't disappoint", Haruka said with a wink.

Looking at her HUD, the timer was already counting down seconds to drop the first team. The green light suddenly turned on.

"Launch Battle Suits!", Haruka said as the restraints on the Vegas, Aero 8 and Nova battle suits were detached. "Best of luck guys!"

As they were launched, the terrain was a system of mountains, it was obvious because the fortress was built around a mountain pass. The back of the fortress lead to a supply route from the mountains.

"Remember to stay clear of the roads, there will most probably be patrols hanging around them", Haruka said and turned to Roman. "5 more minutes and it's our turn".
 Cyborg Ninja
05-14-2010, 2:23 PM
Xavier's concern about Katsu continued to grow when he asked Haruka for a private conversation. In fact he was going to ask Zhao about it when the two returned just as quickly as they had left.

"Remember to deploy the parachutes as soon as you are below radar range otherwise you'll hit the ground like meteors!"

Xavier chuckled at this and instantly thought how funny it would be to be on the ground and see 3 battle suits fall to the ground and explode. He got himself ready and pumped before he heard Haruka again.

"Launch Battle Suits!", Haruka said as the restraints on the Vegas, Aero 8 and Nova battle suits were detached. "Best of luck guys!"

Xavier absolutely loved the free fall being the adrenaline junkie that he was.

"Whoooo!" Xaiver shouted, "Oh this beats bungie jumping by a long shot!"

He took control of Nova to allow himself to do some flips in the air.

"Remember to stay clear of the roads, there will most probably be patrols hanging around them"

"You got it Chief," he said as he put his green helmet back on.

The mountains were clearly in view and he was beginning to see buildings and if he squinted enough he could see come vehicles as well. He activated his parachute and began looking for a good place to land.

"Alright boys, its showtime " Xavier said to Zhao and Katsu. "Now I see a nice a little valley which is protected by the mountains. It looks like a nice place to land without being seen, unless you guys spot something better I say we land there."
 Chevron 7 locke
05-14-2010, 3:03 PM
"Launch Battle Suits!"

Katsu laned back as the battle suits were dropped from the ship. He groaned slightly as he heard Xaiver talking over the channel

"It would be best if we kept communication to an absolute minimum during free fall. I don't want anyone picking us up before we land."

After around two minutes, Katsu activated his parachute just as he heard Xavier speak again.

"Now I see a nice a little valley which is protected by the mountains. It looks like a nice place to land without being seen, unless you guys spot something better I say we land there."

"I agree." Katsu said quietly. He was still thinking about what Miss Haruka had said. She's really going to need a bodyguard if she plans to go against the MDN. Perhaps I could fill that role.
 Ping
05-16-2010, 3:16 PM
Zhao nodded as the others confirmed that their weapons were ready and optimal, and braced himself for the deployment. Zhao felt a little anxious. It wasn't that he was afraid of the troops or heights, but free-falling through the air had always made him feel a little queasy.

"Launch Battle Suits!"

Zhao felt the Aero 8 become detached, and started free-falling with Katsu and Xavier. As Zhao struggled to hold on to lunch, he heard Xavier make a comment.

"Oh this beats bungie jumping by a long shot!"

Hardly, Zhao thought to himself. He was glad to release his parachute a few seconds later, and he then heard Xavier suggest they land in a valley.

"Yeah, that would work." Zhao kept his sentences short. Although he no longer was free-falling, he was still allowing his stomach to settle a bit. "And I'm the guy with the jetpack on his mech. How ironic."
 Master_Archon
05-26-2010, 1:47 AM
((Bleh, stinky post.))

Roman looked over at Haruka's monitor as she spoke to him and smiled.

"I'll be counting on you Roman, but I know you won't disappoint," Haruka said with a wink, causing Roman's smile to turn into a bashful grin, as he lowered his head to hide what was left of what you could see of his reddening face, as he had his visor on (which was outfitted with internal monitors to allow him to communicate, and see -in a sense- the same as without the visor on).

"I'm uh, glad you think so, Miss Haruka," he replied after gathering himself.

Roman waved at the monitors as the others launched their Battle Suits, the broadcasts suddenly crackling into snow and static as they dropped communications, seeing as their purpose until they got to the location was to remain unnoticed, thus comm silence was a given, although he guessed they were still chattering a bit between themselves, and he laughed to himself.

Before they had cut off Haruka had given them some more instructions, Roman respectfully ignoring her words (as they weren't meant for him) as he did some minor tweaking to his Battle Suit's systems before it was their turn. Roman's eye caught Haruka in her monitor as she turned back to him, and he finished his tweaking and sat up giving her his attention.

"5 more minutes and it's our turn," she told him, Roman nodding somberly.

"It's an honor and a privilege to be working alongside you on this Miss Haruka. Any last-minute words before launch?" He first complimented, in an almost too militaristic manner; then asking her something, his mood lightening slightly from his very recent somberness as he did ask her.
 Shana
05-26-2010, 4:25 PM
"It's an honor and a privilege to be working alongside you on this Miss Haruka. Any last-minute words before launch?"

"Yeah, no matter what happens stay focused, if we don't create a window for the others, the ambush oportunity is as good as gone. I guess what I'm trying to say is, even if you see me get shot, do not loose sight of our objective or I won't forgive you ok?", Haruka said with a grin.

"Launch imminent in 10 seconds"

"There's our queue", Haruka said readying her hands on her controls.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, launch!"

Both Battle Suits were released in the air gaining more speed with every second of the freefall. The installation was visible and you could already see that the Chinese were prepping defenses.

"We'll be using callsigns from here on so get ready", Haruka said.

The distance was good and so she opened her shoot. She landed safely behind a mountain and peaked over to the installation using her zoom capabilities.

"They're already loading up. I will stay in the sky, shoot any AA turrets you see", Haruka said.
 Chevron 7 locke
05-27-2010, 10:19 PM
"Yeah, that would work."

Katsu looked down at the ground which was rapidly approaching despite the parachute which was slowing his fall. He carefully looked down just in time to see a battle suit arrive in the vally.

We may have been spotted. Can't take any chances.

He quickly opened up comn channels to both Xavier and Zhao.

"I think we may have been spotted. There is a single battle suit in the vally below us. He hasn't made any moves yet but I belive it would be a good idea to silence him before he does anything."

Katsu grabbed his rifle from behind his back and took careful aim at the enemy battle suit through the scope and shot him directly through the head. He smirked as the battle suit toppled over on it's side and lay still.

"Threat neutralized." He reported calmly as his battle suit landed gently in the valley.
 Cyborg Ninja
06-02-2010, 3:46 PM
Xavier whistled in approval as Katsu shot the battle suit's head clean off with his rifle.

"Nice shootin there tex," he added in.

He looked around through Nova's eyes looking for any more enemies, anti air turrets in particular. So far he couldn't see anything but maybe Katsu had. After all he did spot that battle suit before either he or Zhao did.

"Hey Vega, do you see anything else?" he asked remembering Haruka wanted them using their callsigns now.
 Chevron 7 locke
06-02-2010, 4:56 PM
"Nice shootin there tex,"

Katsu didn't bother to respond to the compliment, he had sighted another two targets, this time they were partially hidden by trees at the very edge of the valley.

"Hey Vega, do you see anything else?"

"Two more battle suits, hidden by trees at the edge of the valley. It doesn't look like they've seen us yet. I'll let you two take care of those two."
 Ping
06-04-2010, 6:10 PM
Zhao watched as Katsu dispatched an enemy mech. He was as impressed as Xavier, seeing how accurate Katsu was.

"Two more battle suits, hidden by trees at the edge of the valley. It doesn't look like they've seen us yet. I'll let you two take care of those two."

"Oh, don't worry, we'll take care of them easily," Zhao said, glad to be able to to start combat a little bit early. "Try not to miss, Psycho," Zhao joked to Xavier. Zhao aimed his assault rifle at one of the enemy mechs, switched the weapon to three-round burst, and shot. Zhao then saw sparks fly as the bullets hit the enemy mech, and then swapped to fully automatic, shooting an excessive amount of bullets into the mech, even after it had collapsed on the ground, causing part of the internal circuits of the machine to show through.

"Enemy terminated," Zhao said in a deadpan tone.
 Cyborg Ninja
06-04-2010, 6:19 PM
"Try not to miss, Psycho,"

Xavier laughed at Zhao's remark and slowly began to move Nova into position. He watched Zhao take down the battle suit and chuckled a bit.

"Not bad Demon, but if you know me I like to add a little finesse to my kills."

With that he took out his energy sword and activated it. With his hands at the control's he hit a button which opened up a hook on Nova's wrist. With Nova's left hand he took hold of the hook and attached it to the sword. He then pulled the sword with his left hand reveal a large chain attached to the hook. He started spinning the chain in his right hand until you could no longer see where the sword was due to how fast it was moving. He threw the sword at the other battle suit and it plunged directly into the head. He pulled on the chain as soon as the sword made contact with the head taking it clean off. The body dropped to the ground and Nova now had a souvenir head which was quickly dropped to the ground.

"Next," he said thirsty for more carnage.
 Shana
06-08-2010, 2:37 AM
(Well since I was waiting for Archon to post and he never did XD so I'm going forward)

Haruka looked at her map interface. She could see the three spots on her map moving forward. Xaivier, Zhao and Katsu were advancing at a wonderful pace. She had to do the same now.

"Oh well, time to fly", Haruka said as she leapt onto the air and the retractable wings spread and she was up in the air in less than a heartbeat. There was incoming fire from the turrets of the fortress and she fired a Jericho missile into the air as sort of an indication to the others that the attack had commenced.

She started firing missiles left and right trying to keep the attention focused on her. As quick as she was though, she would not be able to hold them off on her own completely if Roman did not join the fray.

She kept dancing in the air as it seemed. She moved gracefully and lethally in the air, dodging bullets and RPG fire from the towers and AA turrets on the top of the mountains. She blasted one of them with a pulse cannon and turned to keep suppressing the enemy units inside the fortress to buy enough time for the others to engage from behind.
 Master_Archon
06-10-2010, 8:13 PM
((Sorry about that Shana, my posting capabilities at the moment are, minimal, to say the least. I will try not to dissapoint in the future. No promises though. Sorry.))

Roman looked over as Haruka took off into the air, initiating the assault, he simply grinned.

"Hydra beginning maneuvers," he commented, activating the high-grade thrusters on the Lævateinn 2's back, it bobbed above the ground for a few moments before the Battle Suit stabalized, and the primaries kicked in, launching the Lævateinn 2 forward at amazing speed.

Roman shot past the front security of the fortress with ease, as the enemy Battle Suits took time to adjust and locate him, he turned his attention to the skies. He noticed Haruka was doing well, moving the Aegis 11 gracfully through the air. He could also see that without some help, even she would be overwhelmed by the enemy fire from the AA turrets on the surrounding mountains.

With a quick motion of hands-over-console, he brought the Lævateinn 2's Panzerschreck to bare, activating his prototype jet propulsion units to launch himself out of the way of enemy fire, as more units moved into the area to deal with him. While he concentrated on this, he split his attention into taking aim at the emplacements on the mountain, the suit's AI aiding him in this task, as he was split between two things, the help of his suit was always welcome.

A flick of some controls and the suit fired, taking out a gun emplacement with a loud 'thoom', as the explosive slug of the 'schreck' made contactwith it's target, blowing it off the face of the mountain. 'There are more, too far, too taxed between jobs, need to pull away,' he thought as he launched the Lævateinn 2 away from the mountains and fortress, hitting some switches and reloading the suit's 'schreck' with the longer, thinnner, unexplosive, yet powerful FMJ rounds, which gave his powerhouse weapon a more long-range, sniper-esque quality.

On a dime the suit turned immediately around, noticing several enemy suits had managed to pursue, he lowered the 'schreck', firing a single round, it tore through two suits, and nearly ripped off the arm of another as Roman proceeded to charge them, roaring past them at great speed, enemy rounds flying around him, and trailing behind him as they attempted to take him down. As he flitted about, drawing the attention of most ground-based foes, he yet again split his attention, taking aim at the AA turrets higher up on the mountains, he proceeded to target and detroy each one slowly, yet consecutively, until he could see no more.

With this he proceeded to replace the Battle Suit's 'schreck' on it's back, and activate the suit's shoulder mounted Rotary Gun, Roman slipping his left hand into a arm-encompassing 'cuff' that had a similar purpose as to that of the suit's visor system, allowing Roman to take a more accurate, and specific approach of control over the Early-Type model's systems. He turned the suit, facing a group that had been managing to tail him, he opened fire, the 180mm gun beginning it's rotation, and firing, sleek bullets ripping through their numbers in a matter of moments. By the time he'd finished with those suits, more of the fortress' protection had caught up/on to him, and with this he turned and sped away, continuing the game of distraction to allow the other three coming in from behind the opneing they needed in the fort's defences.

Roman's only worry was getting cornered in these mountainous areas, and the enemy overwhelming him; he hoped Haruka would retun his favor from earlier with the AA turrets, should he ever need it.
 Ping
06-14-2010, 9:19 PM
((Just trying to push the RP along. If you think I need to edit my post, Shana, then I will. ;)))

Zhao was advancing with Katsu and Xavier toward the fort, advancing as the plan dictated, circling around the fort. He then began to see explosions in the fort and the surrounding cliffside.

"Wow, Phyxius and Hydra are really giving the Chinese hell," Zhao commented, resisting the urge to address Haruka and Roman by name. "Hope they leave some left for us."
 Chevron 7 locke
06-15-2010, 3:26 PM
"Hope they leave some left for us."

Katsu only nodded once before he picked up a few more battle suits incoming. "I don't think that will be a problem." He said as he re-armed his battle suit's weapons.

He engaged his suit's energy sword. "Five enemy battle suit's incoming. The fifth battle suit has a strange energy signiture and seems to be more heavily armed then the others. Be cautious."
Page: 3 of 4