Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Battle Suit Utopia

Page: 2 of 4
 Cyborg Ninja
03-05-2010, 1:00 AM
"How quickly they forget", Haruka said jokingly. "We're about to begin our training excersizes guys."

Xaiver chuckled at the joke and added in, "Musta been quite a nap he had."

"Well the order is a first come first served. They said I should be first because I'll be gathering data of your performances. Takahashi-san will gather info about me and Aegis 11. But if you guys want to settle among yourselves, you can decide the order", Haruka said and pointed towards a terminal near the monitor. "Over there you can make a selection of weapons you might want to test out, my designs so make sure to take advantage of all their features".

Xaiver looked around the room for a few seconds before stretching his arms.

"Well I guess we'll have to..."

Xaiver heard Roman speak up before him, however he had picked the third slot.

You just went up in awesome in my book Xaiver thought.

"I'll go second, and I'll try not to make the rest of you look bad. So what exactly can we expect from these trials, or are you going to smile at me and tell me its a surprise?" he added in looking at Haruka.
 Chevron 7 locke
03-05-2010, 4:09 PM
"How quickly they forget, We're about to begin our training excersizes guys."

Katsu mentally scolded himself for not remembering that the training excersizes were supposed to begin today.

"If it's alright with you, I will go after Roman. I need the time to mentally prepare myself.

"Over there you can make a selection of weapons you might want to test out, my designs so make sure to take advantage of all their features".

Katsu looked over at the terminal and then walked over to it and began browsing through the selections. He was quite impressed with what he saw. It looks like I'll have my work cut out for me with all these weapons.

"What weapons would you suggest besides the energy sword?" He asked Haruka. Apart from the energy sword he couldn't decide which one to test first.
 Ping
03-05-2010, 4:55 PM
((Wait, I'm a bit confused - are the weapons we listed in the Casting Call already on our mechs, or do we have to choose them from the terminal?))

"If it's alright with you, I will go after Roman. I need the time to mentally prepare myself."

"Guess that means I'll go last," said Zhao. Despite his desire to get into his mech, he didn't exactly mind going last. It would be a good way just to surprise everyone with his skills. Zhao walked over to the terminal and looked over Katsu's shoulder at the weapons.

"What weapons would you suggest besides the energy sword?"

"I'd also like to know, what weapons would you suggest?" Zhao asked Haruka, curious to see if any weapons would suit his mech.
 Shana
03-06-2010, 12:48 PM
"I'll be sure to take a look Miss Haruka. Considering they're your design, they're probably very good."

"Why thank you", Haruka said to Roman with a smile. She then turned to Xaivier.

"I'll go second, and I'll try not to make the rest of you look bad. So what exactly can we expect from these trials, or are you going to smile at me and tell me its a surprise?" he added in looking at Haruka.

She put her finger to her mouth and smiled.

"Himitsu", Haruka said playfully, which meant Secret in japanese. "Nothing that would get you off your balance though, it's not like we're gonna make you dance in your suit", Haruka said with a small laugh.

"What weapons would you suggest besides the energy sword?"

She turned to face Katsu who seemed undecided as to what to try.

"Well considering I read your dossiers and what you favor, I'd suggest you try the twin saw daggers and the R5600 Battle rifle, it has high power at mild cost of accuracy because of the recoil, but if you can manage to control it, the average armor plating could be penetrated in about three well placed shots. Which is a lot for a battle rifle", Haruka said.

I'd also like to know, what weapons would you suggest?"

As Zhao spoke, Haruka also turned to face him.

"For Zhao I'd suggest the BK32 Plasma Assault Riffle, and perhaps the Neutron shield, it would complement your spear for close range combat and you can carry it as a bracelet on your suit's arm", Haruka said.
 Ping
03-06-2010, 5:48 PM
"For Zhao I'd suggest the BK32 Plasma Assault Riffle, and perhaps the Neutron shield, it would complement your spear for close range combat and you can carry it as a bracelet on your suit's arm"

"Yes...that would work out," Zhao said, thinking it through in his mind. A little defence and an extra gun couldn't hurt. "Well, it looks like for the most part, we're prepared. How about you get in that mech of yours after you select a weapon or two and start training? I think I speak for everyone when I say that we're all eager to say how the mechs perform," he said to Haruka.
 Cyborg Ninja
03-08-2010, 4:10 PM
She put her finger to her mouth and smiled.

"Himitsu", Haruka said playfully, which meant Secret in japanese. "Nothing that would get you off your balance though, it's not like we're gonna make you dance in your suit", Haruka said with a small laugh.

Xaiver smiled at her smile and laughed at the thought of Nova dancing. He looked over at Nova after his random thought.

Don't worry Nova, its almost showtime for us.

"Well, it looks like for the most part, we're prepared. How about you get in that mech of yours after you select a weapon or two and start training? I think I speak for everyone when I say that we're all eager to say how the mechs perform,"

Xaiver laughed and nodded in agreement at Zhao's statement.

"Try not to make us look too bad Haruka, and good luck out there." Xaiver said with a smile.
 CommanderQ
03-09-2010, 12:23 AM
Kurt "Konig" Heutelmann strided down the hall of the battle-suit base he was assigned to.

His booted feet echoed louder then anyone elses in the hall, and everyone gave him a path, clearly intimidated by his presence.

The gentle hiss of his gas mask helped him keep a steady pace as he searched for the right room.

Kurt grabbed a technician who was passing by, by the shoulder.

He yanked the man to the side and said loudly,

"Wo ist Frau-Kommandir Suzuhara?"

The puzzled look on the technician's face reminded Kurt of his current location. He grunted and let go of the man's shoulder.

"Where is Commander Suzuhara?"

The tech pointed a shaky finger to a door about 3 meters down the hall.

Kurt nodded, "Danke."

The merc walked the way to the door, opened it, and stepped in carefully. He needed to check if this was the right room.

He saw 3 men and a women, who happened to match the description of his new assignment.

"Are you Suzuhara?" He said, pointing to the women.
 Ping
03-09-2010, 5:32 PM
Zhao was becoming increasingly aware of a gentle hissing sound. He then turned at the sound of the door to the room being open, and saw a man enter that reminded Zhao alot of Darth Vader; the man even had a gas mask on his face.

"Are you Suzuhara?"

Zhao could tell the man was German by his accent. "Who the hell are you?" Zhao asked roughly, becoming suspicious of the masked man. "And why are you here?"
 Shana
03-09-2010, 9:13 PM
Haruka turned over to the door on the far side of the room as a man walked in, his boots were making noise and she heard a familiar sound coming from what she assumed was a gas mask.

"Welcome Kurt", Haruka said smiling at him and then motioned the others so they'd put attention. "This gentleman here is Kurt Heutelmann. Perhaps some of you have heard of him as he's a famed mercenary in the circles of the PMCs. He was suggested by General Ramirez as a valuable member of out unit".

Haruka then stood up and motioned Roman so he would stand up soon as she would be getting on her battle suit as soon as her name was called.

"This is the elite team we talked to you about Kurt, all of them are the top pilots in the MDN, I'm sure you'll find yourself right at home", Haruka said. "The time for the tests have arrived, I'll be going in first. You might want to take this time to exam the armory Kurt and also check the status of your battle suit unless you take my word for it that it's in pristine condition".

Haruka walked over to a small elevator that would lift her to the cockpit of the Aegis 11. She looked back to them.

"Take the elevator over there to go to the floor we were just on, the room on the left is the observation room. You'll find Takahashi-san there, you can observe with him. He's known me all my life, he's a dear friend of my father", Haruka said and her elevator began rising to take her to the top.

She got there and began changing out of sight of everyone. Putting on her pilot suit which looked like a jumpsuit but armored.

(Think the ones like in Evangelion or Gundam, all pilots also wear helmets)
 CommanderQ
03-09-2010, 10:32 PM
"Who the hell are you?"

"This is the elite team we talked to you about Kurt, all of them are the top pilots in the MDN, I'm sure you'll find yourself right at home", Haruka said. "The time for the tests have arrived, I'll be going in first. You might want to take this time to exam the armory Kurt and also check the status of your battle suit unless you take my word for it that it's in pristine condition".

Kurt nodded and then looked to the man who had spoken first, Zhao, according to the pictures in the dossier given to Kurt beforehand.

"I suppose that answers your question..."

He chuckled to himself and immediatley turned to the right, looking at the armory.

Kurt shook his head, "Hmmm...."

He considered his own weaponry as he looked at the data files of the different equipment.

"....I think I'll be fine. Let's get this over with."

"Take the elevator over there to go to the floor we were just on, the room on the left is the observation room. You'll find Takahashi-san there, you can observe with him. He's known me all my life, he's a dear friend of my father's."

Kurt nodded an affirmative.
 Master_Archon
03-10-2010, 12:41 AM
"Why thank you," Haruka replied to Roman, who in turn smiled back.

"Himitsu," Haruka said playfully to Xaiver, making Roman laugh as he knew what the word meant. "Nothing that would get you off your balance though, it's not like we're gonna make you dance in your suit," Haruka said with a small laugh.

"Tried that once, lost a bet," Roman said, laughing to himself, making reference to his picture of him being almost literally all pink from losing a bet; from earlier, but saying no more on the subject.

"Are you Suzuhara?" Roman heard called out, as he looked over and saw an armored man standing in the hangar. Roman positioning himself in front of Haruka slightly, to prevent any harm from befalling her if the man was there to do some kind of dirty work for the Chinese Allies, or even the European Powers. Not that he knew how someone intent on doing dirty work would even get into the secure underwater facility ((I think that's right)), he still wasn't taking chances with an armored man calling out Haruka's name.

"Welcome Kurt," Haruka said. smiling at him, motioning to make them pay attention. "This gentleman here is Kurt Heutelmann. Perhaps some of you have heard of him as he's a famed mercenary in the circles of the PMCs. He was suggested by General Ramirez as a valuable member of out unit."

At this statement Roman relaxed, but unknowingly kept in front of Haruka, primarily out of protective instinct. Haruka made a motion for Roman to get off of her mech's foot, as she would be leaving to do the test runs soon, and carrying Roman around on Aegis 11's foot would pose a bit of an inconvenience. Roman slid off, scratching the back of his head, and smiling.

"Take the elevator over there to go to the floor we were just on, the room on the left is the observation room. You'll find Takahashi-san there, you can observe with him. He's known me all my life, he's a dear friend of my father," Haruka said, to everyone Roman assumed, bowing slightly out of courtesy to Haruka as she was to depart for her suit.

Roman proceeded to the observation room, whether the others were going there yet or not.

Once in the room he smiled, and nodded to Takahashi in acknowledgment, and proceeded to, well, observe. It would be a wonder to finally see Aegis 11, and Haruka at work, Roman thought, a shy smile spreading across his face as he payed attention to the same screen Takahashi was looking at.

Roman blinked as he realized something, "She's still got my coat.....Oh well, if she likes it that much, she can keep it. I can get another." He said quietly to himself, his shy smile spreading into a wry grin.
 Chevron 7 locke
03-10-2010, 4:26 PM
"Take the elevator over there to go to the floor we were just on, the room on the left is the observation room. You'll find Takahashi-san there, you can observe with him. He's known me all my life, he's a dear friend of my father's."

Katsu nodded and headed for the elevator but not before stopping and looking at the armored man known as Kurt.

He looks quite intimidating. He needs to be watched, just in case he tries anything.

He turned around again and got up on the elevator and then headed for the observation room. Once inside he nodded to Takahashi and stood next to Roman and then looked down at the screen that Roman and Takahashi were looking at.

It would be interesting to see Haruka and the Aegis 11 train. That much he was certain of.
 Ping
03-10-2010, 5:25 PM
"I suppose that answers your question..."

Zhao relaxed his guard. "Yes, I suppose it does," he said, with the shadow of a grin on his face.

Zhao nodded in acknowledgment. He went up the elevator to the observatory and looked at the screen that would show the mech in action. He couldn't wait to see some good old mech combat, even if he didn't get to pilot right away.
 Cyborg Ninja
03-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Xaiver followed everyone into the elevator and made his way to the observatory. He looked around at all the pilots including the new guy Kurt. He looked like he just came from a shooting from a movie as some evil villain. He couldn't help but feel like everyone still felt awkward towards one another as no one was speaking.

"So did anyone bring the popcorn?" he said jokingly.
 Shana
03-10-2010, 11:24 PM
Haruka took a breath as she sat down on the pilot seat of the Aegis 11 and put her hands on the controls.

"Lets do this my friend", Haruka said and exhaled.

"Aegis 11 test underway, prepare for launch countdown"

Haruka tightened her grip as the countdown began.

"10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1... launch!"

The Aegis 11 sped through the platform onto a huge hangar structure with several combat drones everywhere as well as other battle suits that were not manned. There were also building like structures. The whole scenery changed into a virtual recreation of Tokyo city. Haruka stood in the Aegis 11 not moving. She had her eyes closed for a moment. The drones closing in to her from the sky and the ground.

Haruka opened her eyes and immediately the Aegis 11 took a step back and bended it's knees, suddenly charging forward and turning on her energy sword. She sliced one of the battle suits across the chest and gave a round house kick to the other. As the other spun around she took the chance and impaled the battle suit before rushing forward to the drones in the air. She jumped in the air spreading the wings and began flying around, dodging the missiles fired by the drones. She then fired the multiple jericho that swarmed around her in a perfect circle and spread around to it's multiple targets blowing them up.

She then returned to the ground running around the streets at full speed as gracefully as she could do it. Takahashi then looked at Roman and the others.

"Haruka's mother taught her ballet dancing. She was a great dancer and combined with the skill of japanese Kendo and chinese martial arts, it made her a great candidate for battle suit operating", Takahashi said. "You'll never see her dance though, after her mom died..."

Haruka began dodging the incoming missiles and bullets by using graceful jumps, rolls and flips, also slicing through each battle suit in her way. She also kicked and threw some of them before taking them out with her energy sword. She then looked up as she saw in her HUD that there was a sniper in the far northeast corner. She then wall-jumped and landed on the top of a building taking out her rifle. She then fired three single bullets and hit the head of the battle suit, thus ending the excersize.

"New personal record Haruka", Takahashi said. "As expected".

Haruka grinned.

"I'll be back into the observation room in five minutes, keep my equipment ready, I need to analize the data of my teammates", Haruka said. Takahashi simply nodded.

The Aegis 11 was shortly after back at the hangar with the other battle suits. She did not however, get out of her pilot suit as there wasn't much time before the next test started. And so she put on her scientist robe and went back to the lab in her jumpsuit.

She went inside the observation room and looked at everyone.

"I hope I didn't disappoint you guys too much", Haruka said. "Xaivier, you might want to go ahead and suit up, you're next, whenever you're ready, we'll start".
 Cyborg Ninja
03-11-2010, 12:14 AM
Xaiver was soon quiet as soon as he saw Haruka in action. He was lost for words as he watched Aegis 11 at work. It truly was a thing of beauty to watch in Xaiver's mind.

"You'll never see her dance though, after her mom died..."

Xaiver nodded in agreement and added, "Its hard to do certain things when we're reminded of the ones we lost" he said rather coldly.

He pushed the past quickly aside and went back to watching Haruka's test run. He cheered her on inside his head just as he planned to do for everyone else. Her performance was certainly going to be hard to follow up on but that wasn't going to bother him. He was going to show everyone else just what he could do...and why his callsign was Psycho. He couldn't help but let out a small snicker at that. Before he had time to continue thinking about the test runs, Haruka walked into the room.

"I hope I didn't disappoint you guys too much", Haruka said. "Xaivier, you might want to go ahead and suit up, you're next, whenever you're ready, we'll start".

"Awesome job out there by the way. I'll do my best to continue the awesome streak." he said with a smile.

Xaiver exited the observation area and took the elevator back down. Within a matter of minutes he was fully suited up in his green armored pilot suit. He placed the matching green helmet over his face and looked over to Nova.

Its showtime

Soon he was sitting in the pilot seat of Nova.

"Alright I'm all ready to go...oh and make sure you hold onto something in case you get blown away."
 CommanderQ
03-11-2010, 1:16 AM
Kurt silently followed the group to the observation room, msot of the time staying to the back so he could observe the members. He needed to figure them out, their habits, weaknesses, strengths, pyschological profiles, anything and everything that he could rely on during the battle...

....or count on if the situation went south.

It would take time before he'd trust these people. The past wars had already killed alot of those Kurt would trust. Maybe he'd get lucky.

He stood next to the window as the test was about to begin.

"So did anyone bring the popcorn?"

Kurt turned his head to look at the man, who's face rung a bell, but the dossier file's name for him was not remembered.

"Hmm. Ja."

A strange response, even to Kurt, but he couldn't think of much else to say at the moment. He was more focused on the task at hand.

Kurt could understand such pain all too well, especially as the images of his Father's gruesome death filled his mind. He needed to find peace. They all needed to find a peace. To move forward.

"...perhaps someday she will do so again."

Needless to say, he was impressed by Suzuhara's record in the virtual battle recreation area. Perhaps the MDN wasn't the poorly-trained cannon fodder the European Powers had always played them out to be.

Suddenly, the man who cracked the joke, Xaiver, moved out of the room for his session in what Kurt just nicknamed 'the zone.' He crossed his arms and peered out the window awaiting the results.
 Master_Archon
03-11-2010, 3:55 AM
"So did anyone bring the popcorn?" Roman barely even flinched as Xaiver said this, his eyes fixated on the screen.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah, no, sorry," Roman replied in a droning monotone, as he was completely engrossed at the moment.

As the test run went on, Roman began to smile, all the while it grew bigger the more impressed he became with Haruka's performance.

"Haruka's mother taught her ballet dancing. She was a great dancer and combined with the skill of Japanese Kendo and Chinese martial arts, it made her a great candidate for battle suit operating," Takahashi told them.

"Miss Haruka seems to be a very talented young lady to achieve such an accomplishment as combining three separate elements from separate cultures, and regions of the world into her Battle Suit combat," Roman complimented.

"You'll never see her dance though, after her mom died..." Takahashi told them.

"...perhaps someday she will do so again." The armored man Kurt replied, Roman nodding in agreement.

"Yes, that is something I must agree upon. Maybe I'll be fortunate enough to be graced with a dance with her, too," he reminisced, saying the second part more quietly. Roman wasn't a dancer, but being a fencer gave him enough grace to compensate for that.

Haruka came into the observation room, still in her jumpsuit, which made Roman raise his eyebrows, doing a once over, but restraining himself (( :lol: )). "I hope I didn't disappoint you guys too much," Haruka said.

He clapped as she entered the room, and complimented with a laugh, "Not at all! -Just as you are- ((Corny, I know. But he didn't say it too loudly.)), very beautiful Miss Haruka, as I, uh...we, all expected. Truly a wonderful performance, I only hope I can do half as good, seeing as I most definitely won't be as graceful!"

"Xaivier, you might want to go ahead and suit up, you're next, whenever you're ready, we'll start." Haruka said to Xaiver, making Roman look at his friend with a teasing grin.

"Yes, 'impress' us, friend," he teased, and prodded.

As Xaiver left, Roman looked back over at Haruka with a smile, backing away from his spot, and saying politely, "You can have this spot Miss Haruka, seeing as it's right next to Takahashi, and you're both 'analyzing' us."
 Ping
03-11-2010, 5:01 PM
Zhao was even more silent than usual with Haruka's performance. Something about it made Haruka's mech seem angelic. Probably those wings on the back, Zhao thought.

"Haruka's mother taught her ballet dancing. She was a great dancer and combined with the skill of Japanese Kendo and Chinese martial arts, it made her a great candidate for battle suit operating,"

Zhao managed a small grin upon hearing Haruka knew Chinese martial arts. "Maybe I should spar with her," he said. "I do happen to know some Kung Fu myself."

Zhao winced a bit. He knew a loss in the family could cause great pain, though he was sure the pain of constantly being ostracized probably was almost just as bad. Quite impressive, that girl hides her pain away extremely well, he thought. Much like himself.

"I hope I didn't disappoint you guys too much,"

"Jesus, woman, that had to be the most impressive run I've ever seen. I'm glad you're on our side. You ought to give those Chinese b******s hell," Zhao praised, being his usual foul-mouthed self, and showing emotion for one of the few times in his life.

"Xaivier, you might want to go ahead and suit up, you're next, whenever you're ready, we'll start."

"Yeah, get your run done and over with so the rest of us can go," Zhao said in all seriousness.

You can have this spot Miss Haruka, seeing as it's right next to Takahashi, and you're both 'analyzing' us."

Oh, seems like Roman admires Haruka, Zhao thought with mild bemusement. Judging by how Roman had praised Haruka in such a kind manner, Zhao couldn't help but wonder if that admiration was actually a genuine crush. By Roman's praise and gentleman-like attitude towards Haruka, Zhao believed that his supposition was likely, though he decided not to get involved. Crushes, to him, always held some type of odd humor; he found it funny in a dark way how break-ups happened, and thought it even more hilarious when a couple made up, and how the one person with the crush would do anything for the other unaware one. He did, however, smirk at Roman after he offered Haruka the seat - though on Zhao's face, a smirk looked almost evil.
 Cyborg Ninja
03-11-2010, 6:11 PM
"Nova test underway, prepare for launch countdown"

Xaiver took a deep breath like he always did before something important. He smiled as he heard the countdown begin. He turned on the music player he built into Nova to get himself pumped for the test run.

"3...2...1...launch"

His test visually began just like Haruka's did. As soon as Nova's feet hit the ground he charged right at the unmanned battle suits without any weapons. He hit the first battle suit he saw with an uppercut and followed up with a roundhouse kick. Before it could stand back up, Nova quickly stepped on the suit's head crushing it into the ground. He turned around to see another battle suit with an energy sword in its hand. The suit swung the sword vertically only to have Nova grab it's wrist. Nova twisted its arm behind its back and plunged the sword into it. He turned to see the next battle suit a few yards away from him with a spear in its hand. Nova pointed at the suit and then brought both his hands to his pelvis, taunting the suit. He activated his boosters and charged the battle suit with incredible speeds. He did a bicycle kick on it and knocked the spear away. Nova pulled out two SMGs, compliments of Haruka and quickly finished the suit off. He continued firing the smgs and manged to take out two riflemen with them. Nova placed the smgs back on his sides and crossed his arms in front of his chest. Xaiver smiled from inside, knowing how cool this was going to look and activated his custom made energy swords. Nova ran at the next target and leaped into the air with his thrusters. He brought both his swords down on the battle suit and cut off both its arms. He stabbed the suit with his left hand and kicked the suit to the ground. A battle suit tried to cut him with an energy sword but was quickly blocked by Nova. Nova shook his head and wagged his finger at the battle suit as he took the suit's head off with his left hand. Sensing another enemy from behind, Nova quickly ducked down just in time toe see another sword go over his head. He sweep kicked the battle suit causing it to fall. Before it even had a chance it hit the ground, Nova had already sliced it in half. He turned back around to see a much larger battle suit wielding and axe and a shield. The battle suit swung its mighty axe down forcing Nova to roll away. He flipped backwards before the suit had a chance to smash Nova in with its shield. Nova jumped over the suit's next attack and threw the energy sword in his left hand at the battle suits axe arm. Xaiver smiled as he watched the things right arm drop to the ground. Nova pulled out his battle rifle and started running at the battle suit. He dove to the ground and slid under the battle suit, firing as he went past its legs. Nova plunged the energy sword in his right hand into the suit's back to stop himself. He jumped up into the air and shot the battle suit in the back of the head. Nova dove backwards from the incoming attack of the suit's shield arm. He looked at the one armed mech, then the battle axe, and then back to the mech. He charged one last time at his foe and hit hit in the chest with a powerful dropkick. The battle suit was launched right into its own battle axe finishing it off for good. Xaiver walked up to it and pulled the one sword from its back. He was just about to get his second sword when his HUD started blinking. Nova turned around to see one last battle suit. Xaiver let out a sigh and shook his head. Nova stabbed the the battle suit with his sword and lifted it into the air. Nova raised his left arm enough to have his battle rifle sitting right in front of the mech's face. Nova pulled the trigger and removed the sword. He collected his weapons and laughed at how much fun that was. He did a quick victory dance.

"Hey I thought you said we weren't gonna dance in our suits." Xaiver said with a chuckle.

Within a few minutes he was back in the observation room with the others.

"That was so much fun!" Xaiver said excitedly raising his right arm into the air waiting for a high five. "So how'd I do?!?!" he said trying not to jump for joy.
 Master_Archon
03-11-2010, 8:19 PM
((Excuse the lame shortness, but I felt Roman would be one of the ones to give Xaiver the high five. Meh.))

"That was so much fun!" Xaiver said, as he reentered the observation room, Roman couldn't help but smile at his friend's exuberance. "So how'd I do?!?!" Xaiver asked, Roman reacting with a high five to the younger man's raised hand.

"Bad, worst score I've seen in a long time," Roman said, trying to tease Xaiver a bit more.

"Nah, you did good from my standpoint, but the 'real' observers might have something different to say," Roman told him, once again ringing his arm around Xaiver's neck, proud for the excited fellow.
 Ping
03-13-2010, 3:54 PM
"So how'd I do?!?!"

"You did very well. You fight like how I would expect soldiers would," Zhao said, sinking back into his cold, emotionless mood. "I think we should just let you wreak havoc by yourself if we ever have to go behind enemy lines." Zhao had gained respect for Xaiver - he seemed undisciplined to Zhao at first, but he now realized that it was just a personality trait of Xaiver. Zhao turned to Roman. "I believe you're next, then it's Katsu, then me. Make it quick, I want to get into my mech again."
 Cyborg Ninja
03-15-2010, 12:28 AM
"Nah, you did good from my standpoint, but the 'real' observers might have something different to say," Roman told him, once again ringing his arm around Xaiver's neck, proud for the excited fellow.

"I'm sure they'll use the words "awesome" and "amazing" in their review." Xaiver said smiling to Roman, and then over to Haruka.

"I think we should just let you wreak havoc by yourself if we ever have to go behind enemy lines."

"Well when your callsign is Psycho, you gotta fill the part. Don't worry I'll be sure to leave you guys some kills."

"I believe you're next, then it's Katsu, then me. Make it quick, I want to get into my mech again."

"Yeah, I wanna see what you plan on bringing to the table Big Guy," Xaiver said to his friend.
 CommanderQ
03-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Kurt chuckled as he watched the group converse on Xaivier's run.

"Let's hope you can keep the same intensity on the battlefield."

"I believe you're next, then it's Katsu, then me. Make it quick, I want to get into my mech again."

"Verdammt. I must be last."
 Shana
03-16-2010, 12:32 AM
"Not at all! -Just as you are-, very beautiful Miss Haruka, as I, uh...we, all expected. Truly a wonderful performance, I only hope I can do half as good, seeing as I most definitely won't be as graceful!"

"Why thank you Roman, glad to hear that, and I'm sure you're just being modest", Haruka said as she turned to the others.

"Jesus, woman, that had to be the most impressive run I've ever seen. I'm glad you're on our side. You ought to give those Chinese b******s hell," Zhao praised, being his usual foul-mouthed self, and showing emotion for one of the few times in his life.

"Thanks a lot Zhao, I can't wait to see you in action too", Haruka said with a smile and then walked over to Takahashi.

"You can have this spot Miss Haruka, seeing as it's right next to Takahashi, and you're both 'analyzing' us."

"Don't mind if I do then", Haruka said as she stood next to Takahashi who simply gave her a wink as if to tell her she did great as always.

Xaivier's test started and she watched intently. She realized Xaivier was quite agile and did martial arts moves in his mech pretty darn well. He had pretty much dominated the training course and exceeded Takahashi's calculations.

"I told you these guys weren't boys with toys Takahashi-san", Haruka said in japanese and the man chuckled a bit as he replied. "Indeed you did".

"Hey I thought you said we weren't gonna dance in our suits." Xaiver said with a chuckle.

"That was so much fun!" Xaiver said excitedly raising his right arm into the air waiting for a high five. "So how'd I do?!?!"

Haruka simply laughed at his victory dance and his words for the dancing. She then looked over as he walked in and gave him a thumbs up.

"Pretty impressive work Xaivier, you got you balance and weight distribution down prefectly", Haruka said.

She then turned to Roman who was standing next to her.

"It's your turn Roman, gambate ne?", Haruka said, the last part was 'do your best ok?' in japanese.
 Master_Archon
03-16-2010, 1:20 PM
((Finally, you posted Shana! I'll have my test run post edited in a little later then. :) ))
 Shana
03-18-2010, 7:49 PM
((We're just waiting on you Archon :P ))
 Ping
03-18-2010, 10:00 PM
((We're just waiting on you Archon :P ))

((He must be busy, as he hasn't been logged on in about two days, according to his profile.))
 Master_Archon
03-21-2010, 3:41 PM
((Yes, I am a bit 'busy' you could say. Didn't have access to my computer for a couple days, then I got sidetracked when I did have access. But! I promise, I will be posting within the next 24 hours -At least from the time I post this post that is ;) [3:45 p.m. - My time]. I do apologise though for making you people wait, but life is life, and there's not much you can do about it *shrugs*. Gomennasai!))

((Alrighty Than! I've finally gotten around to posting!))

"Why thank you Roman, glad to hear that, and I'm sure you're just being modest," Haruka said to Roman, he in turn smiled shyly and replied.

"Modesty is something I'm good at, but honesty is too. My grace in a early-type model like Lævateinn 2 is minimal, at best."

After Roman had congratulated Xaiver, Haruka turned to him as he stood next to her, saying, "It's your turn Roman, gambate ne?"

Roman turned to Haruka with a smile, and bowed slightly, replying in Japanese, "Ganbarimasu." (Which is 'I will do my best', or 'I will try hard' in Japanese.)

He swiftly left the observation room, heading to where he could change into his pilot jumpsuit.

Sme time later Roman was dressed, it had taken him longer than the others due to his jumpsuit's more archaic design than the others.

Roman took his seat in the chest of the Lævateinn 2, the older cockpit design flashing to life as he began flipping switches. Roman reached up, and retrieved a small free floating visor, which was attached to two bulkier holding arms. He slipped the visor over his helmet, and latched it into sockets in his helmet.

Everything was dark, the world around him was only the hum of his suit's console, his hands running seamlessly over the intricate controls, knowing each button's location, each switch's use, even if he couldn't see them. His fingers were bare, the jumpsuit's fingers being tailored off, as he needed his own skin's nerves to know where things were. He'd trained months just to know how to use the older suit's controls, and trained years to use the visor, all while having to use touch, and memory to use the controls, and after awhile everything just became hardwired, like swimming, or even moving, it became a thoughtless process.

Roman's head swiveled up as he heard the white noise of his suit's console interrupted.

"Lævateinn 2 test underway, prepare for launch countdown."

Roman flipped a switch, a set of large cords punching into the back of his helmet, and the visor activating. Roman's world was brighter now, as he blinked a few times to adjust his eyes, he looked around.

Outside one could see the Lævateinn 2 suddenly jerk to life, the cycloptic eye lighting up, and swiveling about as it seemed to be looking around, almost like the suit were alive. Then the head moved. Inside Roman was too moving his head, as the holding arms moved with his head motions the suit's head moved with his own, a part of the visor's purpose was to allow for full control of the suit's head, and visionary systems, allowing a very strange experience of almost being one's suit, or at least seeing from the suit's perspective. The visor was a new design for early-type models, like the Lævateinn 2, since a lot of late-type models were having their cockpits put in the head now. A very strategically unintelligent move, Roman thought, as chest cockpit suits had more protection, or at least, his did.

Roman's hands flashed across Lævateinn 2's console, the suit lifting it's weight up in a more ready posture, and stepping forward ponderously. Once they were out in the test run facility, Roman looked around, his suit mimicing his head's motions, and the cycloptic eye roving about menacingly. It was a virtual environment, urban, one of the Lævateinn 2's specialties. Too bad the 'environment' wasn't real, or else he be able to use the buildings, and surroundings to his advantage, like he normally would; but blowing up the support structures for the virtual buildings in here wouldn't allow him to crush the real unmanned Battle Suits.

He'd just have to do some fast hit-and-run activity.

With his quick evaluation Roman sped off in the Lævateinn 2, activating it's high-end thrusters, it moved amazingly fast across the battlefield, heading towards the awaiting heavy drones, the Lævateinn 2 hurled it's arm forward, the long chain of mines in the arm snapping forward, the first two mines on the chain detaching, and flying toward the drones.

The Lævateinn 2's jet propulsion systems activated in it's shoulders, sending the suit off at breakneck speed, sideways, down a street amongst the buldings, an explosion erupting moments later as the mines went off, decimating the heavy drones. Roman's hands flicked across his suit's console, moving he suit in a very realistic manner.

The Lævateinn 2 turned, noticing two Battle Suits coming towards him, he released two more mines in front of him, on the ground, quite obviously, but unmanned suits were easy to fight, they were relatively stupid pretty much. Roman launched the Lævateinn 2 forward, between the two suits, and past them, turning around on a dime with it's jets, Roman made his suit push the other two forward, as they had reacted quite fast to his fly-by, but were unprepared for his actions, they stumbled back, one stepping on the active mines, the other mine erupting, and the two suits being engulfed in the explosions, the Lævateinn 2 speeding backwards with it's propulsion systems.

Roman made the Lævateinn 2 release the rest of the mines from the chain, and replace the handle on the suit. He pulled out his Durandal Light Shotgun, turning, and blowing away a Battle Suit with it, he deactivated his thrusters, the suit landing quite heavily, but well. He pumped the shotgun, as drones, and suits closed in, he fired, another suit down; pump, fire; three suits; pump, fire; one drone; pump, turn sharply, fire; four suits down; jab back with elbow; turn; smash suit's head with bottom of shotgun handle; pump, fire; two drones down; turn back to damaged suit, beat one more time with shotgun handle, knocking it to the ground; smash head with foot; five suits down.

Normally Roman would take the time to reload his shotgun, but he knew that this was a test run, and all he needed to do was perform well, and end the run on good time. His life wasn't necessarily at stake. So he replaced the shotgun, and got out his Fission Axe, the archaic weapon activating it's conduction system, and the blade beginning to glow, as it began super-heating, the combination of these two systems allowed for the axe to sever through almost anything, giving it it's name.

He activated his thrusters once more, the suit jumping up suddenly as it lifted from the ground ever-so-slightly, and the Lævateinn 2 sped forward, virtual dust kicking up behind it. Once more entered the streets of the fake city, seeking out the remaining drones, and suits, knowing full well he wouldn't need to use all of his armaments.

As he came into contact with single units he easily cut through them, but something bothered him, the lack of numbers. As Roman rounded a bend in the street, he came across a mediocratively large group, the remaining number of suits, and drones. They turned, and the few with armaments opened fire, Roman launching to the side out of the way down a street with his propulsion systems.

He waited, the suits, and drones pursuing, he drew them forward, methodically, exiting the fake city, he then suddenly sped away, only a few of the faster drones following as he went into moderate flight. One got too close as he was retreating, and with a swift barrel roll, he sliced the drone in two, kicking the other as it got near his leg, it losing control and slamming into the ground.

He reached the far edge of the test run facility, on a virtual hill overlooking the fake city. Roman's hands flashed across his console, wirelessly requesting one of Haruka's custom weapons that he's noticed, and procured before he'd entered his suit. The facility wall opened, like a large shelf, the Lævateinn 2 reached in, and grabbed the weapon inside. It was a large Gauss AM Sniper Cannon (The AM standing for Anti-Material). Roman looked down the scope, the suits and drones were still following him, but slowly, as they reached a familiar spot strewn with shredded Battle Suits, and drones, he zeroed in n a small metallic disc on the ground near the outside of the circle of dead suits.

Roman being trained in the use of firearms held his breath, though he didn't need to, it was instinctive, and the reality of his visor often lead him to forget he was not the one doing the things he saw, only controlling them. The Lævateinn 2 pulled the trigger, the gun firing. A moderate 'Jjjnnnn' sound could be heard as the weapon quickly activated, and fired, and only milliseconds afterwards a minor 'thunnnnn', as the shell the cannon fired, broke the sound barrier near instantly from it's exit from the barrel of the gun.

The shell made contact with the disc, causing all the other discs to explode, catching the remaining group of suits, and drones in the explosion, one suit blowing apart, catching other suits, and drones in a hail of shrapnel, sending more shrapnel out from those suits, causing a chain. Soon, there were no more opponents, and all of the events that had occurred, and been unfolding happening within minutes of time.

Roman looked down at the Gauss Sniper, and studied it for a minute before smiling, he finally spoke for the firs time since entering the Lævateinn 2 over the comm, "Nice Haruka, as good as I'd said." Roman complimented Haruka's work in the design of the weapon he'd used.

Roman returned to the hangar in the Lævateinn 2, exiting the suit he patted it's outer shell with a smile, as he looked up at the suit's big optics eye.

Roman returned to the observation room, still in his jumpsuit, only with the helmet removed, he smiled, opening his arms wide, and said quite jubilantly, "Is the Lævateinn 2 impressive, or not!?"

He walked up to where he'd been standing next to Haruka, before he'd left, and looked down at her with a smile, saying, "I told you, no grace, simply hit-and-run tactics. Although, everyone seems to think that the Lævateinn 2 can't handle groups, since that's a hit-and-run unit's weakness, but I've gotten so used to similar tests pitting me against pack-tactics Battle Suits that I've turned my guerrilla warfare fighting style's weakness into a strength. I have more trouble with melee units than I do groups now."

Roman laughed, and paused, his smile fading somewhat, "anyway, enough with the boring talk. So, how'd I do!? Did I impress you as much as you did me? Although..."

Roman chuckled and shook his head as he thought this over for a second, "....I highly doubt I could have come close to impressing you, as much as you did me, Miss Haruka!"

((Meh, not one of my best fighting performances, but it'll have to do.))
 Ping
03-22-2010, 9:20 PM
Zhao watched Roman battle throughout the training exercise. He was impressed, but he got the feeling Roman was either holding back, or simply had untapped potential. For someone who could fight so professionally and effectively - and in an old model, too - Zhao considered the combat methods to be so....ordinary.

"Is the Lжvateinn 2 impressive, or not!?"

"I am very impressed," Zhao responded. "But tell me, were you holding back? It seems you have so much potential, and while I am impressed, at the same time, your combat maneuvers and methods felt so ordinary to me."

Zhao then looked over to Katsu. "I think you've had more than enough time to mentally prepare yourself. How about you go ahead and show off your skills to us?"
 Cyborg Ninja
03-22-2010, 10:20 PM
Xaiver clapped for his friend as he got ready for his test. He watched intently as Roman preformed his test. He was slowly piecing together the three tests in his head to get a feel for the team.

"....I highly doubt I could have come close to impressing you, as much as you did me, Miss Haruka!"

Xaiver chuckled and added in, "Yeah and I highly doubt you could have come close to impressing me, as I did to you Roman."

Xaiver walked over to Roman and patted him on the back again.

"You looked like a total BA out there Roman, and don't worry about those pesky melee units. While Haruka serves as our Guardian Angel in the sky I got you covered down low. Just make sure those pesky distance fighters don't take me out, after all when you're as awesome as me you don't have time for death." Xaiver said to Roman, giving him a thumbs up with his right hand.
 Shana
03-25-2010, 2:14 AM
Haruka grinned as she saw Roman in action, she really wanted to see what his battle suit could do and it fulfilled all her expectations. The synchronization between Roman and his suit were almost perfect and so their performance was indeed something remarkable to watch.

"Nice Haruka, as good as I'd said."

Haruka grinned as Roman used her rifle. She was particularly proud of her creations, not exactly because they were tools of war but rather because they were her babies.

"I told you, no grace, simply hit-and-run tactics. Although, everyone seems to think that the Lжvateinn 2 can't handle groups, since that's a hit-and-run unit's weakness, but I've gotten so used to similar tests pitting me against pack-tactics Battle Suits that I've turned my guerrilla warfare fighting style's weakness into a strength. I have more trouble with melee units than I do groups now."

Roman laughed, and paused, his smile fading somewhat, "anyway, enough with the boring talk. So, how'd I do!? Did I impress you as much as you did me? Although..."

Roman chuckled and shook his head as he thought this over for a second, "....I highly doubt I could have come close to impressing you, as much as you did me, Miss Haruka!"

"Actually it was quite impressive, I was right about you and your suit, the synchronization that you achieve lets you do some pretty impressive performances. I think we can all rest safe knowing we got the Lжvateinn 2 watching our backs", Haruka said as she glanced over to Takahashi who gave her a thumbs up and she winked at him with a smile. "We got a few more tests to do and we're done with the exersize, so who's next?"
 Ping
03-25-2010, 8:00 PM
"We got a few more tests to do and we're done with the exersize, so who's next?"

"I believe I will go," Zhao said, impatient to pilot his mech. "Unless, of course, Katsu or Kurt wants to test before me?" He glanced at both Katsu and Kurt to see their answer. While he did want to pilot ASAP, he figured being polite to the others couldn't hurt too much.
 Chevron 7 locke
03-26-2010, 5:16 PM
"We got a few more tests to do and we're done with the exersize, so who's next?"

Katsu looked over Haruka once before speaking up.

"I believe that I am up next. Rest assured I will do my best."

Katsu then left the observation room so he could change into his black pilot jumpsuit. After doing so, he slowly climbed up into the Vegas's command center.

Even as he strapped himself in he could feel the familiar sensations as the various systems of the Vegas began to power up. A series of cables plugged into the back of his helmet as he stared down at the controls.

Thrusters are online. Weapons systems are online. All other systems are online. Good. The sooner this gets done the better.

"Vegas test underway, prepare for launch countdown."

Katsu leaned back in the pilot's chair and frowned as one of the controls turned a bright red registering a slight malfunction in one of the thrusters. Katsu quickly hit some controls and the red light vanished.

I guess they didn't manage to catch all the issues. It looks like this thing was never properly repaired after the last time it saw combat.

Katsu smiled brightly for the first time in a long time as the Vegas slowly stepped into the test run facility and he watched carefully as the enviorment reshaped around him and turned into an urban enviorment.

He looked down at his controls and watched as the radar on his suit detected three incoming enemy battle suits. He quickly armed his battle suit's Jericho missle system and launched three of them.

He watched with satisfaction as two mobile suits took direct shots to the head without even seeing them coming and quickly exploded while the third attempted to dodge the missle and ended up taking most of the blast to the chest and then it quickly exploded as well.

Destroying the automated mobile suits was bringing back very unplesant memories. Memories of the ambush that had destroyed his unit and had left him without a family.

He stopped moving as memories rose to the surface of his head and his heart and blood pressure began to go through the roof as the memories of the ambush rose to the very top of his head.

Katsu! We're under attack, get to the Vegas now!

Look! Up in the enemy battle suit! It's Torv! Torv has turned against us! Katsu! You need to stop him before he wipes us all out!

I'm the last one left...He killed everyone else...butchered them. Wiped them out. They're all gone...the only real family I ever had.

The vegas stood still with it's head bowed down to the ground even as the last four remaining enemy battle suits headed toward him.

katsu slowly looked back up with his eyes half-closed and the Vegas's head rose as well. Katsu quietly engaged the battle suit's energy sword and sliced at the first battle suit and sliced it's head clean off.

He then engaged the thrusters and was in among the enemy before they even had a chance to know he was there. He slammed the sword into the chest of another one of the battle suits and then brought it up, slicing the enemy battle suit in two.

He then turned to the last two who were now slowly backing away to get futher away so they could used their ranged weapons.

Katsu didn't intend to give them that chance.

He quickly brought up his rifle up directly in the face of one of the battle suits and fired, dropping the enemy battle suit to the ground. He then turned his attention to the last remaining enemy mobile suit.

Katsu's heart and blood pressure continued rising even as he shot the enemy battle suit directly through the chest and then turned back toward the entrance.

More battle suits detected. Affiliation: Unknown. Treat as hostile.

Katsu armed the last of his missles and emotionlessly reloaded his rifle as he prepared to fire on the new mobile suits that he had detected.
 Shana
03-26-2010, 7:20 PM
He stopped moving as memories rose to the surface of his head and his heart and blood pressure began to go through the roof as the memories of the ambush rose to the very top of his head.

Katsu! We're under attack, get to the Vegas now!

Look! Up in the enemy battle suit! It's Torv! Torv has turned against us! Katsu! You need to stop him before he wipes us all out!

I'm the last one left...He killed everyone else...butchered them. Wiped them out. They're all gone...the only real family I ever had.

The vegas stood still with it's head bowed down to the ground even as the last four remaining enemy battle suits headed toward him.

katsu slowly looked back up with his eyes half-closed and the Vegas's head rose as well. Katsu quietly engaged the battle suit's energy sword and sliced at the first battle suit and sliced it's head clean off.

He then engaged the thrusters and was in among the enemy before they even had a chance to know he was there. He slammed the sword into the chest of another one of the battle suits and then brought it up, slicing the enemy battle suit in two.

He then turned to the last two who were now slowly backing away to get futher away so they could used their ranged weapons.

Katsu didn't intend to give them that chance.

Haruka watched intently with a small grin just showing it to Takahashi who was standing next to her. Nobody else could spot this fact. Takahashi on the other hand seemed pretty worried about what was going on, it seemed off but just by glancing at Haruka, he immediately knew she had to be in on the details.

"Haruka, this is strange, are we stopping this?", Takahashi asked but Haruka simply moved her finger saying no.

He quickly brought up his rifle up directly in the face of one of the battle suits and fired, dropping the enemy battle suit to the ground. He then turned his attention to the last remaining enemy mobile suit.

Katsu's heart and blood pressure continued rising even as he shot the enemy battle suit directly through the chest and then turned back toward the entrance.

More battle suits detected. Affiliation: Unknown. Treat as hostile.

Katsu armed the last of his missles and emotionlessly reloaded his rifle as he prepared to fire on the new mobile suits that he had detected.

Takahashi this time tried to go for a button but Haruka stopped him.

"We have security measures to deal with this kind of situation, let my babies work", Haruka said as she opened the com to the training crew. "Shut down all main power grids and stand by for unit leeches".

Suddenly in the training room all the lights were out except for some low light emergency power lights. Haruka turned to Roman, Xaivier, Zhao and the others.

"Unit Leeches are nanomachines that cover the suit leeching all power to disable them. We only use them for training drones that have gone haywire but we also use them when stuff like this goes on. Don't worry about Katsu or his suit, he'll be unharmed, once the suit begins to read the lifesupport systems are going down it will automatically eject the pilot", Haruka said and moved to fire the leeches. Three small missiles fired in towards the Vegas. "Even if he destroys the missiles the nanomachines will just spread over him".
 Ping
03-26-2010, 8:56 PM
"Unit Leeches are nanomachines that cover the suit leeching all power to disable them. We only use them for training drones that have gone haywire but we also use them when stuff like this goes on. Don't worry about Katsu or his suit, he'll be unharmed, once the suit begins to read the lifesupport systems are going down it will automatically eject the pilot", Haruka said and moved to fire the leeches. Three small missiles fired in towards the Vegas. "Even if he destroys the missiles the nanomachines will just spread over him".

Zhao felt relieved. He felt a little tense when he learned the emergency power went on. "While I have no doubt that the nanomachines will work, don't you believe it would have been better if you just sent security or one of us against those things? It would get rid of those...anomalies a bit more efficiently." Zhao paused for a second, then gave a small grin, just to show he was being polite. "But then again, I don't believe I've ever seen nanomachines work."
 Chevron 7 locke
03-26-2010, 9:09 PM
Katsu watched as the missles came closer and closer to him. He didn't intend to give the missles a chance to hit him. Even if he shot them out of the air the shockwaves from the explosions could possibly hurt him.

Evade the missles.

The Vegas fired its thrusters and managed to get out of the way of the three missles and then turned around and waited until he thought they were far enough away and then blasted them out of the sky.

Even as he turned back toward the entrance he could feel that something was wrong with the Vegas. There was a slight power drain on all of the systems and he was getting strange readings from the ejection system.

Something was inside the missles when they detonated. Some sort of new weapon.

Katsu looked down at the controls and noticed something that nearly made his heart stop cold. The ejection system was in flux and was going offline and then coming back online at random intervals.

It must be that new weapon.

He turned his attention back to the battle suits and was about to fire the last of his missles when a sudden, urgent thought came to mind.

I can't do this...it would hurt the others...It would hurt all those innocents inside the base.

Katsu began to take deep, unsteady breaths as his blood pressure and heartrate finally got to high for him to handle. His eyes completley closed as he lost consciousness.

The Vegas's head bowed down toward the ground as it's pilot lost consciousness. It stood there completley still as it's systems went offline.
 Shana
03-26-2010, 9:25 PM
"While I have no doubt that the nanomachines will work, don't you believe it would have been better if you just sent security or one of us against those things? It would get rid of those...anomalies a bit more efficiently." Zhao paused for a second, then gave a small grin, just to show he was being polite. "But then again, I don't believe I've ever seen nanomachines work."

Haruka looked over at Zhao with a small smile.

"While I agree that sending one of you out would be efficient, it also costs more to repair your suits if the become damaged in any way, our security defenses are built with materials we have obtained through deals with the manufacturing countries and we pay them with protection, which is a small enough cost for such a high profile detail like us", Haruka said.

The Vegas's head bowed down toward the ground as it's pilot lost consciousness. It stood there completley still as it's systems went offline.

"And it seems that's that", Haruka said as she motioned the rescue teams to the Vegas. Haruka then turned to the others. "Please don't think anything bad of Katsu, if you've read his profile like I have, you'd realize he's had a pretty rough time. He's seen nightmares we can only imagine, some scars aren't easy to heal. But he's trying, and we want him in this unit for that very reason. His determination", Haruka said.
 Shana
04-08-2010, 1:41 AM
(I think it's time to move this along guys, if none of the remaining people do their trial runs I'm moving it along with the people still interested in keeping this alive)
 Ping
04-08-2010, 5:30 PM
(I think it's time to move this along guys, if none of the remaining people do their trial runs I'm moving it along with the people still interested in keeping this alive)

((Oh, I didn't realize you were waiting on the rest of us. I thought Chev still had to get out of the training area. Since I think my character was next for the trial runs, I'll get it out of the way soon, if that's okay with everyone. :)))
 Master_Archon
04-08-2010, 9:09 PM
((Yeah, in many ways I've been waiting on Chev too, but then again, since I no longer have to do my test run I could've posted any time. I'm just lazy, I guess. :) ))
 Shana
04-10-2010, 2:25 PM
(Well considering Chev's character is out cold, there isn't much he can do at this point. So the next character to do his test should step onto the plate)
 Ping
04-11-2010, 6:28 PM
(Well considering Chev's character is out cold, there isn't much he can do at this point. So the next character to do his test should step onto the plate)

((That means I'm up. Here's the write-up: ))

Zhao stayed looking at the Vegas unit, and once he was sure that Katsu could do nothing, he decided to go to his mech.

"Katsu is obviously out. Guess that means I should go," he said, and without waiting for a response, he changed into his pilot suit, and went down to the hangar, and setup his mech for the training. He absolutely loved his Aero 8 unit - cold, black, streamlined, and efficient. It was, he did admit a bit old, but it still got the job done. Zhao got into the cockpit in the head of the mech and braced himself for the launch. He would show the others that "Demon" wasn't just a callsign.

Zhao felt his Aero unit go forward, and he found himself in an urban environment. Immediately, he took out his energy pike and charged forward at an enemy mech directly in front of him, causing the enemy to be impaled on his pike. Drawing the pike out of the enemy mech, he then took out his assault rifle and shot a half-dozen units moving in to attack him. When Zhao turned his Aero unit around, another mech was about to attack him with an energy sword. Zhao barely had time to react as he activated the shield Haruka had let him use on this run. The shield was able to deflect the sword's blow, and gave Zhao enough time to grab the other mech by the wrist and fling the sword away. Zhao then grabbed the mech's head with his left hand, and smashed it against a nearby building with such force, it caused an impact crater in the side of the virtual structure. Then, with his right hand, Zhao took out his assault rifle and opened fire at point-blank range on the mech's body, attempting to control the gun's recoil as it bounced around in his mech's hand. He realized that he was just fighting AI, but Zhao figured he would treat the enemies as humans. He would, in fact, do the same thing to a human opponent, as his cold, cynical views bordered on misanthropy. Zhao then armed himself with the Plasma rifle he had borrowed, turned around, and opened fire on another wave of enemy units racing towards him. After emptying the rifle, he then took out two fully sized MGs, holding one in each hand, and walked down the virtual street warily. As he turned a corner, he opened fire on another large group of mechs, mowing them down mercilessly. Zhao heard movement behind him, and saw mechs armed with shields and swords. He then decided to take out his pike - no use using bullets on shields - and ran forward into the group of units. He was able to use the momentum from running forward to impale a unit through the head, and then, having only a short time to react, turned to his left to spike another unit, though as the pike was still going through the mech he had just impaled, the head portion ended up being ripped off. The pike, however, simply glanced off the enemy's shield. Realizing he might not have an easy time, Zhao took out one of his high explosive bombs, and threw it against a nearby building, causing an explosion large enough to bring down the building and crush the remaining mechs. Zhao saw two last powerful-looking enemies come up to face him. Remembering that the mech's head was still on his pike, Zhao slid it off the long spear and tossed it toward one of the mechs. The head bounced off and did not do any damage to the enemy, but it did distract it for a few seconds, which was all the time Zhao needed. He activated the jetpack on the back of his mech and charged forward, pike out in front. He ended up spearing the other mech with so much force that it slid halfway down the pike. Zhao then stabbed the ground with the spear, and, in an act most would consider barbarous, he stomped on top of the still-impaled mech's head, decapitating it. Zhao figured that was probably how he got his callsign - he would kill enemies in rather brutal ways. Ripping off the rest of the mech's body off the spear, Zhao turned to face the other mech, and saw it begin to go up into the air. Zhao wasted no time. He stuck the spear in the ground so the pointy end was facing up - he figured the pike was too unwieldy to use in mid-air - and activated his mech's jetpack to reach the last mech in mid-air. Both Zhao and the enemy threw punches and kicks, but vitually no progress was made by either. It was then Zhao got an idea. He activated some boosters on the jetpack that made him charge quickly towards the enemy unit. Catching the enemy off-guard, he was able to grab it under the crook of his mech's arm. He then faced towards the ground, and went towards it at an alarming speed. Then, when he came close to his energy pike Zhao threw the enemy unit on the long spear, with such force that it slid down to the very bottom, and would have kept going if there was no ground beneath the pike.

Zhao returned to the hangar and got out of his Aero 8. He changed back to his regular clothes and returned to the observation room. He said nothing as he sat down in his original seat. He figured he had defeated some of the units brutally enough that nobody would want to even interact with him.

But they aren't like everyone back there, he felt his conscience tell him.

Perhaps, Zhao thought. But I have, and always will be, a loner. Besides, who wants to be associated with a sadistic and brutal person? Society is a cruel, unforgiving place, that only accepts those that conform to the majority's beliefs.

((Sorry for the wall of text, but oh well. Guess I got a little too imaginative. :xp: ))
 Cyborg Ninja
04-11-2010, 9:10 PM
Xavier looked over at Haruka after watching Katsu's test. He waited for her to speak before he did.

"I don't want to come off as Mr. Negative here but is he the best choice for this team? I have nothing against Katsu, all I'm saying is that his little freak out he had back there could jeopardize the rest of us."

He suddenly found himself glued to Zhao's test when it was announced. He watched Zhao decimate the mechs and couldn't help but let out a small chuckle.

"I take my statement back, Zhao could probably watch over him."

He watched Zhao enter the room and sit down like nothing had happened.

"Nice work out there Rambo, I didn't know I was gonna have competition in the brutal department; but I do know a Demon and a Psycho are gonna cause all kinds of hell for the enemy."
 Ping
04-11-2010, 9:42 PM
Nice work out there Rambo, I didn't know I was gonna have competition in the brutal department; but I do know a Demon and a Psycho are gonna cause all kinds of hell for the enemy."

Zhao allowed himself a grin. Seems as if that voice inside of him was right. He actually didn't mind being called "Rambo."

"Maybe just the two of us would be able to win the war by ourselves," Zhao replied humorously. "We'd probably just be able to scare them into surrendering," he said, this time with a chuckle.
 Shana
04-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Haruka looked over at Xaivier and grinned.

"He'll do fine. No one else would give him the chance to face his trauma and try to overcome it. The fact that he's here, means he's willing to try", Haruka said.

As they watched Zhao's new performance, Haruka knew the team was almost ready for everything. This was her handpicked unit. These were the ones to conform the most unstoppable force in the world.

"That was an impressive display Zhao, your talents are more than welcomed in this group", Haruka said giving him a small grin. She then turned to look at the monitors with Takahashi, they were examining the data collected.

(I think it's CQ's turn but I don't know if he's still around)
 Ping
04-12-2010, 4:19 PM
"That was an impressive display Zhao, your talents are more than welcomed in this group"

Zhao's small grin became a full-fledged smile when Haruka complimented him.

"That's the happiest thing I've heard in a while. Thanks." Zhao, for the first time, felt accepted, though he still held on to his cynical views. He felt as if he could open up to his teammates now, though he decided to still be wary; he still didn't fully trust everyone he met.

((CQ's profile says he hasn't been on in about two weeks. We could wait a day or two, though I have my doubt's he'll be coming on soon.))
 Shana
04-14-2010, 5:11 PM
Haruka gave Zhao a smile, she knew he had had it rough during his upbringing, the last thing he needed was a discriminating environment, and she knew he would function much better if he knew he was accepted by the group no matter what. Haruka then went over to the door and turned to face them.

"I will go check on Katsu, he might not remember where he is when he wakes up, so a friendly face might help him relax. General Ramirez will brief us all shortly so I advice you all to do your preparations", Haruka said and went on her way to the med bay.

Katsu had been brought into a big room not much different to any hospital room. Haruka sat down beside the bed awaiting his return to consciousness.
 Chevron 7 locke
04-14-2010, 8:49 PM
Katsu slowly opened his eyes and found himself in an unfamiliar enviorment. Stale enviorment, funny smell. it must be some sort of hospital room.

My head hurts, and why can't I remember the past few minutes? The last thing I remember is...launching the Vegas on it's test run...

He looked over to see Haruka sitting next to him and he had to supress a very slight frown.

"Is there any particular reason that I'm stuck in a hospital bed? The last thing I remember is launching the Vegas on it's training run."

He gave Haruka a look over and smiled very slightly.

"And if I may ask...why are you down here with me? Shouldn't you be with the others?"
 Shana
04-14-2010, 10:38 PM
"I kinda thought I had to be here to offer you some kind of familiar feeling", Haruka said and stood up beside his bed. "You really don't remember what happened?"

Haruka put a finger to her chin.

"Well, you kinda went ballistic on us on the test run. Is there something you'd like to share with me?", Haruka said and sat down beside him. "I know it may be hard to trust someone so easily, especially after we've just met, but believe me, I wouldn't be here if I didn't believe in you and your talents".
Page: 2 of 4