Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Enhanced Lightning

Page: 1 of 1
 TriggerGod
12-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Enhanced as in texture, that is!

High-Resolution Lightning
A MOD FOR SWKOTOR2: TSL
BY TRIGGERGOD

Contact me:
Email:
PM at LucasForums.com. Username is TriggerGod.

Information: While playing through TSL, I noticed how low-res some of the textures looked. I thought to myself "Well, I can make some of these textures better!" And so I did. I retextured the Lightning to be more high-quality.
When I finished making the lightning texture, I saw how bad the conjure texture looked next to it. Someday, I might end up retexturing that. But for now, I just plain got rid of it.

Credits:
Fred Tetra, for his amazing Kotor Tool

Installation:
Place the files into your Override folder. If you don't have an override folder, make one or update your game.

Uninstallation:
Remove files from your override folder. If you don't know how to do this, I reccommend you learn how to use the computer more.

If you want to use this mod in your own mod, contact me. I don't care how, I check messages and email regularly.

Legalese:
this mod isn't endorsed, sponsered, created, or any other big words i don't fully comprehend yet by LucasArts, Obsidian Entertainment, Bioware, or any other company in the world you can think of.

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/7448/newtexturelghtning.png)
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9210/newtexturestorm.png)

Mirror 1 (Mediafire) (http://www.mediafire.com/?ifywik2mnry)

Mirror 2 (Megaupload) (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=02S0WYML)
KFiles Link (will update when its uploaded) (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Enhanced_Lightning;108603)

NOTE: If you want to use this mod for K1, you don't have to change anything. Just drop the files into your override folder as if for TSL. Thanks to Kaall for testing this! :)
 Canderis
12-23-2009, 10:46 PM
Looks great! Instant download. Do k1 next!
 Rtas Vadum
12-24-2009, 7:42 AM
And here I was thinking that the force powers used models, and thus not much could be done with the textures. I did something similar with Force Drain, and surprisingly, It worked(though I did make the new texture after I saw this). Doesn't look to bad either.

Though if you wanted a "black" Force Lightning(with the black core and white glow), is that possible? I tried just having "Decal 1" in the txi, but the black core was still transparent.
 ZimmMaster
12-24-2009, 9:36 AM
I love this mod. Permanent edition to my Override folder. But quick question. Would it be a simple matter of renaming the textures to get this mod to work with KOTOR 1?
 Rtas Vadum
12-24-2009, 9:52 AM
I love this mod. Permanent edition to my Override folder. But quick question. Would it be a simple matter of renaming the textures to get this mod to work with KOTOR 1?

Both games use the same texture for the "electric" force powers, so you wouldn't even have to rename it.
 Star Admiral
12-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Pretty. I like. Well done on the mod!

- Star Admiral
 TriggerGod
12-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Though if you wanted a "black" Force Lightning(with the black core and white glow), is that possible? I tried just having "Decal 1" in the txi, but the black core was still transparent.

If you wanted black lightning, you'd have to make your own alpha channel. Decal 1 makes all black in the texture transparent, so if you had a black core, it would make that transparent.
 Kaall
12-24-2009, 12:02 PM
OMG this is purely awesome, it just looks like true lightning.

Definitly a must.
 Lord of Hunger
12-24-2009, 2:28 PM
Woo! I've been looking forward to this texture for ages! Great work Trig!
 Kaall
12-24-2009, 11:02 PM
Do k1 next!

I just Checked using it into K1 and it works, so unless it is said somewhere you cannot do that, i guess you can go for it.
 TriggerGod
12-25-2009, 6:55 PM
I just Checked using it into K1 and it works, so unless it is said somewhere you cannot do that, i guess you can go for it.

Its a completely custom texture, so there should be no problems.

Maybe if a mod could change the prefix from TSL to KOTOR/TSL.. :D
 Spadille
12-25-2009, 7:17 PM
Is it just me, or doesn't the Mediafire link work?
 TriggerGod
12-25-2009, 7:59 PM
Is it just me, or doesn't the Mediafire link work?

I just tried, and its rather slow, and it seems to be stuck at the "Processing Download request" box.

Well, I just uploaded it to megaupload. It should work here. (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=02S0WYML)

Also, edited in Megaupload link to the first post.
 Xarwarz
12-28-2009, 11:15 PM
doesn't have a very natural feel, and has some weird tiling
 jonathan7
12-29-2009, 8:33 PM
Looks awesome TG... K-Files upload system is now working, if you've been having issues ;)
 TriggerGod
12-29-2009, 8:37 PM
Looks awesome TG... K-Files upload system is now working, if you've been having issues ;)

Since it seems like my emails didn't go through properly to you people at kfiles (I accidentally sent one without the files attached... >.>), I'll just go through the usual submission.

Check your PM's -- j7
 jonathan7
12-30-2009, 9:29 PM
 GeorgNihilus
01-13-2010, 3:18 PM
OMG this is purely awesome, it just looks like true lightning.
Definitely a must.
Totally agree :)

It works for K1 for me too ... just for the record :thmbup1:
 GeorgNihilus
01-15-2010, 3:25 PM
Looks like this is also applying to darkside power Force Chain Lighting of HIGH LEVEL FORCE POWERS mod, or it's just me in need of a brand new pair of glasses? :lol:
 TriggerGod
01-15-2010, 5:06 PM
Looks like this is also applying to darkside power Force Chain Lighting of HIGH LEVEL FORCE POWERS mod, or it's just me in need of a brand new pair of glasses? :lol:

Well I'm certain that Chain Lightning used the original lightning texture, so it would've made that look hi res and awesome as well.

I would love to see a screen of it in action, as my TSL doesn't really work that much right now...
 Rinku
01-15-2010, 8:52 PM
Very nice TG, you just earned a pernament spot in my override folder :D.
 WindraSkywalker
02-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Awesome lightning! Goes well with my sith lord, heheh
Page: 1 of 1