Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Varsity's Peragus Tweak V 1.00

Page: 1 of 1
 VarsityPuppet
12-18-2009, 1:51 AM
VARSITY'S PERAGUS TWEAK V. 1.2

Click Me! (http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/8-peragus-tweak/)

Screenies
http://i.imagehost.org/0968/Coorta2.jpg)
http://i.imagehost.org/0881/miner.jpg)
http://i.imagehost.org/0905/SecuirtyRoom.jpg)

A quick overview of what was done:

-All of the generic corpses have been replaced with actual Peragus miners. Miner appearances have been randomized to create an illusion of individuality. Also, the character specific corpses have been matched to their appearances.

-Restored the Heavy Mining Laser, Guidon Beacon, Vibrocutter.. etc
-Some military lockers have been loaded with said Peragus goodies.
- As of version 1.2, the morgue corpse guy is present, and the corpse in the fuel depot is no longer mutilated beyond all recognition.

There are still some areas where the area will lag and the miners will not 'die' instantly, but not much can be done about that now. Fixing that will likely involve tons of new placeables.

For now, just save your game and reload and it should be fixed.

Anyways, tell me what y'all think.
 Time Lord
12-18-2009, 2:39 AM
It looks great, the generic corpses were really starting to bug me.
 Darth Cryptic
12-18-2009, 9:41 AM
Sweet. How's the compatibility with the Pro-Perag-Harb patch?
 Darth Payne
12-18-2009, 6:19 PM
This is one of many mods that had me asking: why haven't this been done before?

Very nice.
 VarsityPuppet
12-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Sweet. How's the compatibility with the Pro-Perag-Harb patch?

Install Prologue, Peragus and Harbinger Patch first.... then this one.

and I kinda wondered the same...

This is one of many mods that had me asking: why haven't this been done before?

Maybe it has been done before.. who knows?
 Robespierre
12-19-2009, 9:10 AM
Ulic's Prologue, Peragus and Harbinger mod pretty much renders all other mods on the subject defunct, since it makes the levels actually playable. This mod actually starts to ad to Peragus, a topic not normally broached since Peragus is most players' least favourite level and hence warrants the least amount of attention from the modding community, since what most people want to do with the place (i.e. change it into a System Shock 2-esque horror-inspired survival-against-the-odds) is currently impossible, so it sits there alone, decaying and defunct.

However, I must say that I love what you'd done with the place. Will be watching this space closely.
 jonathan7
12-19-2009, 9:22 AM
Excellent! :) Great mod, which I think greatly adds to Peragus; a level I have always liked TBH.

Any plans to upload to KotOR Files?
 VarsityPuppet
12-19-2009, 7:16 PM
Excellent! :) Great mod, which I think greatly adds to Peragus; a level I have always liked TBH.

Any plans to upload to KotOR Files?

Yeah, I want some people to download it and test it out and see where we're at for functionality. Then, it goes to Kfiles.
 Lord of Hunger
12-19-2009, 9:15 PM
Excellent VP! Since I won't be able to play TSL for awhile, I'll wait for the tested version.

And don't give up on the lighting improvements. Knowing your scripting genius, I bet you can still pull it off. :)
 Squiddytreat
12-20-2009, 7:47 PM
I seem to have come across a problem - upon starting a new game with this mod freshly installed...I can't access the first corpse to get the Plasma Cutter, and initialize Kreia! D:
 VarsityPuppet
12-20-2009, 9:40 PM
I seem to have come across a problem - upon starting a new game with this mod freshly installed...I can't access the first corpse to get the Plasma Cutter, and initialize Kreia! D:

AHA! I knew I'd messed up something! Oh ho ho!

Describe the problem in detail to me.
 Time Lord
12-20-2009, 10:48 PM
AHA! I knew I'd messed up something! Oh ho ho!

Describe the problem in detail to me.

I managed to fix the problem by extracting the original g_tresgencorp004.utp file and pointing the heartbeat script to your make_dead_miner.ncs file. Should be easy enough for you to fix or if you want I'll just send you the file.
 VarsityPuppet
12-21-2009, 12:07 AM
I managed to fix the problem by extracting the original g_tresgencorp004.utp file and pointing the heartbeat script to your make_dead_miner.ncs file. Should be easy enough for you to fix or if you want I'll just send you the file.

yeah, send me the file, though I am still a little confused as to how this all happened... :S
 Squiddytreat
12-21-2009, 10:35 AM
Well, it would seem that the first corpse that you come across - the one that's lying in the morgue - was also affected by your scripts, so that one's also experiencing the NPC-spawn-kill script.
But, unlike a few of the other corpses, you're not able to access its drop inventory, so you can't start any of the other scripts xD

I got around this one by just installing the Prologue-Peragus-Harbinger patch, since it replaced the 101PER.rim and 101PER_s.rim.
 Q
12-21-2009, 11:21 AM
This was and is an excellent mod idea.

Hope you get everything sorted out.
 VarsityPuppet
12-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Well, it would seem that the first corpse that you come across - the one that's lying in the morgue - was also affected by your scripts, so that one's also experiencing the NPC-spawn-kill script.
But, unlike a few of the other corpses, you're not able to access its drop inventory, so you can't start any of the other scripts xD

I got around this one by just installing the Prologue-Peragus-Harbinger patch, since it replaced the 101PER.rim and 101PER_s.rim.

Ah, yeah, but wouldn't that overwrite the dead spawning miners?
 Squiddytreat
12-21-2009, 4:41 PM
It did, but only for a few of the modules. The others, notably 102 (I think?) and 103 still had them, and the corpses that were supposed to have loot did, while still performing your new script.

I think that the morgue corpse would require a more specific script, since it serves as the initiating point for later ones.
 VarsityPuppet
12-22-2009, 12:18 PM
It did, but only for a few of the modules. The others, notably 102 (I think?) and 103 still had them, and the corpses that were supposed to have loot did, while still performing your new script.

I think that the morgue corpse would require a more specific script, since it serves as the initiating point for later ones.

Actually, the whole thing was a mistake.
There should have never been a g_tresgencorps004 in that part of the mod.

Yeah, I know it sounds weird, but when I was testing it, I always just bypassed it and checked the other bodies. lol, I guessed I missed one.

Anyways, I'll fix that issue and move on. Have there been any issues with 105PER?
 Darth Cryptic
12-23-2009, 5:11 PM
So what's the easy way to fix this glitch without reinstalling things? Is there something i can yank?
 VarsityPuppet
12-23-2009, 11:26 PM
So what's the easy way to fix this glitch without reinstalling things? Is there something i can yank?

run to the backup folder and put g_tresgencorps004.utc back into 101PER_s.rim. It should solve it.

Otherwise, a fixed version would install no problems tbh. Whenever I upload it that is
 Darth Cryptic
12-24-2009, 7:25 AM
-nods- K, thanks. I think I finally have all my mods in balance, and I really don't want to uninstall everything again.

run to the backup folder and put g_tresgencorps004.utc back into 101PER_s.rim. It should solve it.
Ah.. and how do I do that? My rims folder looks empty, and I don't have a g_tresgencorp004.utc in my back up

EDIT: NM, figured it out. Sometimes I'm an idiot. :P
 Squiddytreat
01-05-2010, 7:18 PM
Seems to be a late reply on my part, but here goes regardless:
After dealing with the little problem on 101PER, I encountered no further problems with your mod. :D

Once you get around that little thing, this does a lot for the immersion in the area - actual dead miners, instead of random bodies!
 VarsityPuppet
01-05-2010, 8:32 PM
I removed that utp from the next version of the mod. Yes, the morgue corpse will now be untouched, but on the other hand, who lays down face first on a morgue bed?

I'll try to upload it soon as well as the Trayus mod
 jonathan7
01-06-2010, 9:14 PM
 VarsityPuppet
01-07-2010, 12:42 AM
WOW! That is the quickest KotorFiles mod approval I've ever witnessed!

great job j7!

It is sith "skull" grenades though.. I don't know if I misspelled it in the description or what, but if you could fix that, that'd be great.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
01-07-2010, 6:08 AM
Great mod concept VP! screens look great, and I would like to hear if others have found this to play well with Ulic's mod... i tested it back in the day for him, so I feel a kinship :)
 VarsityPuppet
03-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Link updated - version 1.2 is now available!

If you already have it installed, I did manage to fix a bug with the included models.

If you're up for it, reinstall section 103 with this new version and you should be good to go.
 MechWarrior001
07-16-2011, 2:53 AM
Is this compatible with TSLRCM 1.6 and PPHICM (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=177386&highlight=Peragus)?) (Been quite sometime since I've played TSL so I haven't gotten latest version of RCM yet)

Darth Cryptic mentioned the Pro-Perag-Harb patch, but I wasn't sure if it was the same modpatch that I linked above.
 VarsityPuppet
07-16-2011, 2:03 PM
It is the same mod he was talking about yes, though to be honest, TSLRCM 1.7 pretty much fixes all of those issues mentioned in the patch.

And actually, you should probably be downloading the newer version hosted at DeadlyStream (http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/8-peragus-tweak/)

All other versions are obsolete.
 Dhany
04-19-2013, 4:02 AM
Is it possible to make something similar to the jedi captives in the star forge from kotor1 ?
 VarsityPuppet
04-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Is it possible to make something similar to the jedi captives in the star forge from kotor1 ?

In what sense?
 Dhany
04-19-2013, 1:20 PM
In what sense?

Making their face look different, adding a bit of immersion to the game. It would be strange that Malak happened to discover a whole bunch of jedi clones at the enclave on dantooine to put them into stasis on the star forge.
 VarsityPuppet
04-19-2013, 2:33 PM
I think those might be specific models.... That meaning that you can't just switch out the heads.
Page: 1 of 1