Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

NWmax for 3dsMax 2010 problem

Page: 1 of 1
 newbiemodder
12-16-2009, 12:21 PM
I decided to tryout 3dsmax for the heck of it..and downloaded the free 30 day trial. I cannot though get nwmax to work. I downloaded it put it in the scripts folder of 3dsmax. I put the autonwmax file in the scripts/startup folder. When i start 3dsmax though I get an runtime error that 'nwmax/nwmax.ms' file could not be opened. Help.
 Quanon
12-16-2009, 2:24 PM
Oh, thats odd? I'm using Max 2010 and Gmax without trouble.
Any idea what version of Gmax you downloaded?

I got 0.8 b60
 newbiemodder
12-16-2009, 2:29 PM
The one I found is 3ds6_v0_8 from a NeverWinter vault
 Quanon
12-16-2009, 3:34 PM
Hmmm, its weird though... Tried to re download? Or just paste in again the NWmax folder into the Scripts folder.

Could be a glitch that happened.

If things don't work out, here's a download linky to my version:http://www.mediafire.com/?mwgq1vqz4iz)
 disbeliever
12-18-2009, 8:41 AM
I also am running max 2010 with NWN and no issues
 SomthingMachine
03-28-2011, 12:54 AM
You need to make sure that each part of the script is put into the proper folders. the Nwmax folder needs to go in the scripts folder the stuff in the startup folder needs to go into the max startup folder and the stuff in the ui/macroscripts folder needs to go into the subsequent folder... If that doesn't make sense let me know and I'll try to explain it better. I was having the same problem and then I did this and it fixed it.
 newbiemodder
09-28-2011, 10:47 PM
I'm revisiting this problem...would some kind soul tell me what files and where the stuff from the NWMAX download goes in relation to the 3dsmax files.....and to clarify in my 3dsmax2010 file there is no scripts folder per se. Help please.

EDIT 9.29.11

Never mind I got it working...."I was digging in the wrong place..."
Page: 1 of 1