Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JuniorModder's The New Jedi Order

Page: 1 of 2
 JuniorModder
11-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Hey people! I am to the point where I can start asking for help! YAY.

To pre-De-clutter the thread, I won't give info on this post. Instead, go to my website (http://sites.google.com/site/thenewjediordermod/).

But I will post Screens:

Ju'un
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5066/swkotor2200910262016002.png)

B1-D1
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/944/swkotor2200910191757252.png)

Tenneth
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/246/swkotor2200910201720278.png)

Helayna http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2900/swkotor2200910311547417.png)

And I'm working on Na'adia's and Tressek's skin.

Please Volunteer, comment and Critique!

I mainly need scripters, and moddelers. But some Voice actors and reskinners would be good too. ;)

Also, listen to the modcasts (http://sites.google.com/site/thenewjediordermod/modcast).

JuniorModder
 Construct
11-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Hm...I can't help you with anything cause I'm not a modder...but your spoilers don't seem to opening for me. That's...quite a problem, as I wish to see the screenies!

^^
 JuniorModder
11-11-2009, 1:06 PM
Hm...I can't help you with anything cause I'm not a modder...but your spoilers don't seem to opening for me. That's...quite a problem, as I wish to see the screenies!

^^

Don't worry, you can see all of the images at the website listed above. :)

JuniorModder
 Trench
11-11-2009, 1:22 PM
You've already made a good amount of progress in terms of characters. Especially with development. Good job ner'vod.
 jedi7000nathan
11-11-2009, 2:26 PM
where on the website
 JuniorModder
11-11-2009, 2:32 PM
where on the website

Pictures of Ju'un and Atris are on Screenshots page, Helayna, Tenneth, and B1-D1 are on their respective pages under characters.

JuniorModder
 Construct
11-11-2009, 4:56 PM
I am very impressed! Keep updating the thread and website, I look forward to seeing more!

EDIT: Btw, the char's look great. Just maybe modify the colors of Helayna's droid and her eyes...they look choppy to me, or something. =P You're still doing great, though!

EDIT 2: Jeez. Can't stop coming up with ideas. You should provide a preview of B1-D1's voice for us. ^^!
 JuniorModder
11-11-2009, 5:03 PM
I am very impressed! Keep updating the thread and website, I look forward to seeing more!

EDIT: Btw, the char's look great. Just maybe modify the colors of Helayna's droid and her eyes...they look choppy to me, or something. =P You're still doing great, though!

Thanks! B1-D1 is supposed to be rusty, old, and pitiful. But I will have a sidequest where you polish him up and he looks a lot better. I will edit his eyes though.

JuniorModder
 Construct
11-11-2009, 5:20 PM
:O I meant the little flying droid behind her in the pic...if that's supposed to be her's.
 JuniorModder
11-11-2009, 5:22 PM
Oh yea, well that's funny, bc I haven' changed him at all, that is just Bao-Dur's remote. lol
Don't worry, C5 (her bot) will look very different.

JuniorModder
 Construct
11-11-2009, 5:31 PM
THat was my second thought...It was Bao-Dur's. Okay. Well, keep on moddin' because you're doing great on it! ^^
 JuniorModder
11-11-2009, 5:44 PM
If you want, I can put you on the VIP Updates list. Just PM me your email address. Same goes for anybody. ;)

JuniorModder
 Slstoev
11-12-2009, 6:46 AM
JuniorModder I want to be on your VIP Update list.
I'm no modder, but I want to feel what a beta tester does.He plays the beta and reports the bugs.Plus he adds new ideas and tells the leader or the other skinners what he likes and what he doesn't like.
P.S. I love TCs.
 JuniorModder
11-12-2009, 7:38 PM
I fixed the images so you should be able to see them now. ;)

PS: If you are on the VIP Update list, one of the goodies you'll get is the first picture of Na'adia!

EDIT: Added a link to the modcasts.

JuniorModder
 JuniorModder
11-23-2009, 6:33 PM
Hey guys! I have some images from two VIP Updates that I will post here.
Helayna:
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/8904/swkotor2200911031704304.png)

Tressek:
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/940/swkotor2200911031701264.png)

Na'adia:
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/9381/swkotor2200911162024500.png)

And I am going to re-record the dialog, because I will be getting higher quality equipment.

Join the New Jedi Order Social Group (http://www.lucasforums.com/group.php?groupid=150). There you can do your part in creating the mod, and give your ideas.

JM
 TriggerGod
11-23-2009, 8:16 PM
Hey guys! I have some images from two VIP Updates that I will post here.
Helayna:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?groupid=150&pictureid=5046)

Tressek:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?groupid=150&pictureid=5047)

Na'adia:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?groupid=150&pictureid=5048)

And I am going to re-record the dialog, because I will be getting higher quality equipment.

Join the New Jedi Order Social Group (http://www.lucasforums.com/group.php?groupid=150). There you can do your part in creating the mod, and give your ideas.

JM

Little problem there. Your pictures don't show up. Since they are in an LF album, you obviously have yours set to private, so only you and people on your friends list can see it. You could either make it public, or use some other image hoster (your own website, photobucket, imageshack, tinypic, etc)
 JuniorModder
11-23-2009, 8:26 PM
Whoops, lol sorry. Try it now.

JM
 thegreatjoshini
11-29-2009, 6:48 PM
not working
 JuniorModder
11-29-2009, 6:56 PM
not working

Which pics can't you see? I made the album public, but I might have to switch it to imageshack.

JM

EDIT: Try it now. :)
 JuniorModder
12-31-2009, 2:25 PM
Lots of Updates:

New website: http://thenewjediordermod.wetpaint.com/)

My YouTube Channel (Containing all modcasts and updates related to the mod) http://www.youtube.com/JuniorModder)

And GET ON THE VIP UPDATE list! I have sent out a LOT of sweet content. Like pictures of Tenneth, Helayna, Na'adia, Mission Vao, the new color for in game GUI, and selectable PC heads!

I won't post pictures here, the whole "using pictures from album, even if they're public" thing didn't work to well last time, so go to the group, website, or VIP update list to see pics.

Last thing: I have a new Voice Acting Email address that I want people to know if they want to contact me about voice acting, and want to know if it would still be against the rules to post it here.

JM
 vanir
12-31-2009, 7:20 PM
I'd say forum staff would still want you to use the PM system for exchanging email addresses to keep spam bots from the site.

Having looked over the basic plot outline I have a couple of comments on integral gameplay points you may have overlooked, since this is a total conversion mod.

I think you may be overlooking player motivation a great deal. Players aren't actors and don't want to reflect their characters so much as their playable characters to represent what they would want to do. Among professional writers there is an aversion to becoming self indulgent with a story, where it reflects the desires and fantasies of the writer rather than identifiable characters designed to entertain the reader.

The difficulty with a conversion mod is that you must become a writer with some professionalism as well as a modder, and the primary concern as much as the story itself is entertaining and involving the player in the story, interactively.

Then there is the difficulty of sequels, which need to break new ground and can't be repetitive, since this loses reader/player involvement in the story.

You've got a good synopsis and that's a start but you also need a writers strategy, a motivational subplot designed to personally involve the player.

Ask yourself what were the player motivations of K1? They were the mystery of why he was on board the Endar Spire with Jedi, why was he having visions of Jedi in combat, there was the promise that the Player would at some point through the game have the choice to become a Jedi, and there was the need to rescue a proper Jedi Knight of the Order from crime bosses within the city.
These things were used as a device to introduce the main plot theme of the game, which was full of revelation and romance, a threat to the galaxy and the promise of exploring interesting new worlds and subplots as a free agent with his own starship.

By then there is no thought about the fact you get no choice about becoming a Jedi or embarking on the mission of the Star Maps, curiosity gets the better of the Player, whom has already been terrifically entertained and most would want to become Jedi anyway. And the shift from Bastila's subordinate to a peer and the centre of the main plot are intriguing.

To avoid repetition let's also have a look at the motivations of TSL, which many would say were a disappointment in the final release version compared to K1.
Firstly you are trapped at a mining station on an asteroid. From a plot point of view this is interesting and the immediate introduction of the Jedi class choices takes the edge off but there is little Player involvement except by necessity and this goes on for quite some time until the Exile is finally aboard the Ebon Hawk, which is a repetition from K1 and personally I was really looking forward to having a new and different looking starship in this game.
Then Kreia's conversation is totally wordy, boring as hell and doesn't motivate me to do anything but want to flush her out the airlock. I wanted to go with Atton to the Nar Shadaa red sector right off the bat, and the whole Telos/Citadel station parts of the game became annoying, time consuming, boring, pointless detractions from what me as a Player wanted to do with my character.

Yes it was all written into the plot, but the sense of having no player control over the destiny of the main character became a central theme which dominated all but a couple of short sections of the game when arriving on new planets, before being again taken control of by the game for pointless, distracting subplots and sidequests which really have nothing to do with anything particularly interesting.

Slowly, the intricacy of class skills, high level gameplay and special abilities introduced by Kreia begin to move the Player motivations along, but this is short lived before once again all control is taken from the player, there is a very disappointing and unimaginative anticlimax on the Ravager and the endless epilogue threatens to make you want to toss your computer out the window and go watch a movie instead.

A big fat fail on TSL saved only by the mod community. Much better gaming system and general gameplay improvements over K1 however, if modded, being designed for high level RPG (once you take out the arcade aspects).

I'd suggest not making the same mistakes of TSL. There are a few major ones.
Reintroducing the Ebon Hawk: boring, unimaginative, un-epic. It gives the sense that the civilised galaxy is a very small, isolated region where the truth is the SW galaxy is supposed to be truly massive, full of life and interaction, full of gigantic industry and interest. Repetition kills Star Wars.

Design a new starship, make it a light transport (a small star yacht), or a military shuttle (an assault class transport), make it look completely different. Decide if you're going to have starship combat or just use it to move the characters around. Make the starship design purposeful, if it is going to be used to assault a Sith warship with, then it should be heavily armoured and armed. If it is going to be used as a diplomatic transport, and infiltrate enemy stations using guile and stolen identity codes then it should be a clean and streamlined looking luxury vessel.

Try to avoid the same planets unless integral to the main plot. If visiting the same planet try to add some interesting new dimension to it, such as something previously left unexplored or something completely new.

Maintain the impression of an active galaxy at work when visiting planets, avoid too many isolated, repetitive or unpopulated locations and definitely avoid trapping the player there unless integral to the main plot.
There should be a sense of daily life in a city irrespective of the player's presence, and yet one they can interact with. K1 did this very well, TSL failed miserably.
Part of it is in grandeur. Manaan is a beautiful location and as good as any movie set for splendor. Going from place to place there is a physical city to cross which is seamless enough not to feel like different modules, or replacements of the same thing from module to module (like boring citadel station), but feels like the one continuous, large place. There is a regular hotel you can go into, which has a subplot. There is a docks administration in a proper looking office you have to interact with to enter the city. There is a sense of a galaxy at work, regular service personnel to actually interact with and lead you any random direction. Wow.

There's no comparison to Onderon say, where the player only has direct control over events part of the time, pointless sidequests run his life and there's no sense of anything going on that isn't scripted to this point in the game. There is no outside galaxy at work, no splendor, it's just a game with game goals and no sense of independence. The only people to interact with are either there for alignment change options and no real subplot or people tied to the main sidequest you're supposed to interact with. Boring and unimaginative, what it isn't is fun or entertaining. Onderon was one of the biggest loser wastes of TSL, being it could've been so much more if it had just a touch of Manaan about it.

Or Kashyyyk, that place was fun too, too few modules for my tastes but nicely done, entertaining and interesting. Dxun, boring. One trip in the forests is enough thanks, especially pointless excursions looking for parts, hey kids want to do something fun, clean up your room or go play in the rubbish tip. Boring. And FYI hack and slash is not RPG entertainment, exploring interesting and changing locales is. Stumbling across something, which leads to something else, which winds you up in a sidequest choice, which has nothing to do with anything but the fact things are happening all around you.

And the thing is these places were well constructed in terms of module building, models and placements. They fell down because of the writing of the plot/sidequests, and the main contributor is a complete lack of any character freedom, or sense that the galaxy is a large and wondrous place which is doing things without you.
What, were the Mandalorians just going to sit around at the camp for a thousand years until you showed up to fix their computers? Zero suspension of disbelief for a larger universe at work. At Dantooine every sidequest is really part of the main quest. There are no interactive settlements with real dimension to them. Everything revolves around the player/exile and he is being controlled by the plot/script writers at every turn.

So you see of primary concern for the writer/lead modder is very much Player involvement and the creation of a SW galaxy which holds some suspension of disbelief, and seems so real that it becomes real.
This is not a visual exercise, but one of plot delivery, character independence and events which are greater than the characters, but do not directly control their actions.

You can't have plot routines like "the player is interested in becoming a Jedi" because why do I want to? Do I want to? Maybe I want to play a Han Solo.
The player hooks up with this character. Why should I? Maybe I want to take his credits and tell him to get stuffed.
The player goes to Coruscant. No I don't, bugger that I want to go to Manaan.
Some Jedi Master has a quest. Big deal, I've got a life.
This character turns bad or does some betrayal. Why can't I shoot him/her in the back of the head and call it a day?
You need player involvement, interest, interaction and investment to get them to want to do these things, and forcing them is no substitute.

And seriously watch how often you force players into specific environs like a force cage or a Sith warship, or a particular planet. It has to be plot orientated and it has to be something the Player finds personally involving, or it's just annoying. Nobody wants to play a game where you're just a passenger for the gratuity of a self indulgent writer.

Think about why the game player wants to do things, not why the characters want to. Characters want to do whatever writers want them to. Players don't and they get really miffed when you assume otherwise.
 JuniorModder
12-31-2009, 7:48 PM
Thanks for the advice. From the start I've wanted to make a new ship, but I've always thought it would be to difficult. If you think it would make the mod so much more enjoyable, than I'll look into it. Many of the things you wanted me to avoid, I've encountered already, and have planned to improve.

The only deserted planet you visit is Draethos, but that many redeeming factors.

The only "foresty" planet you visit is Telerath, but even there it is minimal. I am VERY excited for this planet. It will be as much fun as Mannan.

"Try to avoid the same planets unless integral to the main plot. If visiting the same planet try to add some interesting new dimension to it, such as something previously left unexplored or something completely new."

Onderon and Telos Citadel station will be reskinned slightly to give a more fresh look, and will have new areas to explore.

"Maintain the impression of an active galaxy at work when visiting planets, avoid too many isolated, repetitive or unpopulated locations and definitely avoid trapping the player there unless integral to the main plot.
There should be a sense of daily life in a city irrespective of the player's presence, and yet one they can interact with. K1 did this very well, TSL failed miserably."

I agree totally with you there! I want to blow the problems that TSL had completely out of the water. I plan to make every planet (save Draethos) filled with the hustle and bustle of busy commoners. Even Arkania, in which all commoners will have to reskinned to look like Arkanians.

"Part of it is in grandeur. Manaan is a beautiful location and as good as any movie set for splendor. Going from place to place there is a physical city to cross which is seamless enough not to feel like different modules, or replacements of the same thing from module to module (like boring citadel station), but feels like the one continuous, large place. There is a regular hotel you can go into, which has a subplot. There is a docks administration in a proper looking office you have to interact with to enter the city. There is a sense of a galaxy at work, regular service personnel to actually interact with and lead you any random direction. Wow."

Telerath will blow you away. I promise. I repeat: I'm EXCITED for this planet!! Alot of Telerath will use existing module in ways so creative you won't even notice that they're reused.

You can't have plot routines like "the player is interested in becoming a Jedi" because why do I want to? Do I want to? Maybe I want to play a Han Solo.
I have considered this. I am working on it.

The player hooks up with this character. Why should I? Maybe I want to take his credits and tell him to get stuffed.

I have literally created 2 parties that you can aquire based on your decisions.

Some Jedi Master has a quest. Big deal, I've got a life.

Unfortunately I can't create a Kotor Sims game.

This character turns bad or does some betrayal. Why can't I shoot him/her in the back of the head and call it a day?
You can. ;)

JM
 JuniorModder
02-12-2010, 7:30 PM
NJO is on Facebook! Join!!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=info&gid=315227073880#!/group.php?gid=315227073880)

Well since I'm still recovering from a virus, I haven't had time to work on the mod. BUT I have been working on the story, and other non-modding related tasks.

JM
 redrob41
02-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Ju'un
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5066/swkotor2200910262016002.png)
Helayna http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2900/swkotor2200910311547417.png)

Speaking from experience, I'd suggest using head models that have both a Goggle Hook and Mask Hook. Otherwise, party members won't be able to wear head gear.

Also, I know how hard it is to make white hair look believable. Helayna's hair right now looks like a chef's puffy hat. The way I get around it is to use Photoshop's "Match Colors" function (under the "Image/Adjustments" pull down). It has saved me a lot of trouble, and it is well worth looking up some on-line tutorials, and learning how to use it. Basically, I have the original hair on a seperate layer, then open Handmaiden's tga file and put her hair on a seperate layer as well. Then I click "match colours" and follow the on-screen dialog box options (again, search for a detailed tutorial).

The hair line (where it meets the forehead) usually gets a bit darker, as skin shows through easier. It, as well as the eyelashes, could use more detail. You can use the Handmaiden and Atris as a reference.

I do like how you changed her eyelashes to white. It's a little detail, but most people wouldn't think to do that (I've already done that on my own Arkanians). Helayna's skin tone looks pretty good for an Arkanian, but her eyes look a bit too flat white.

Keep at it.
 JuniorModder
02-12-2010, 11:02 PM
Speaking from experience, I'd suggest using head models that have both a Goggle Hook and Mask Hook. Otherwise, party members won't be able to wear head gear.

Also, I know how hard it is to make white hair look believable. Helayna's hair right now looks like a chef's puffy hat. The way I get around it is to use Photoshop's "Match Colors" function (under the "Image/Adjustments" pull down). It has saved me a lot of trouble, and it is well worth looking up some on-line tutorials, and learning how to use it. Basically, I have the original hair on a seperate layer, then open Handmaiden's tga file and put her hair on a seperate layer as well. Then I click "match colours" and follow the on-screen dialog box options (again, search for a detailed tutorial).

The hair line (where it meets the forehead) usually gets a bit darker, as skin shows through easier. It, as well as the eyelashes, could use more detail. You can use the Handmaiden and Atris as a reference.

I do like how you changed her eyelashes to white. It's a little detail, but most people wouldn't think to do that (I've already done that on my own Arkanians). Helayna's skin tone looks pretty good for an Arkanian, but her eyes look a bit too flat white.

Keep at it.

Thanks, I'm working on her right now. And just to let you know, that's an old picture of her. There's a few updated pictures in the social group, I'll send one to you. And last time I played she was able to wear goggles, but I haven't tried masks yet. It's a necessity for her to be able to wear goggles, because she gets a pair of Arkanian Blinders (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Arkanian_blinders) in the mod.

I'd really appreciate you're help with making Mission Vao in the mod, so if you'd like you could join the social group.

JM
 Holty1-5
02-13-2010, 4:06 PM
My Only Suggestion is to Change B1-D1 to a Different Droid Type or change his animations as that type of Droid cant hold a gun or sword and its normal attacks look at Bit <Bad Word> (u can guess the word)
 VarsityPuppet
02-13-2010, 5:51 PM

Would've been nice to know when I was making my echani skins back in the day lol.

...and its normal attacks look at Bit <Bad Word> (u can guess the word)

Is it "Hooker" ?
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
02-14-2010, 4:11 PM
Is there gonna be a romance feature? I think a good idea (for female players) would be a romance quest for Ju'un. But I can't find anyone who would be suitable to be a romance for males. I would say Heylana, but she and Tenneth have their own thing goin' on. Just a question.
 JuniorModder
02-14-2010, 5:11 PM
Is there gonna be a romance feature? I think a good idea (for female players) would be a romance quest for Ju'un. But I can't find anyone who would be suitable to be a romance for males. I would say Heylana, but she and Tenneth have their own thing goin' on. Just a question.

There is romance, but it is set up differently than you think. And it's not with Ju'un I'm afraid.

JM
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
02-21-2010, 3:46 PM
Can't wait for this mod! Will the Ebon Hawk be included?
 JuniorModder
02-21-2010, 4:17 PM
I'm still debating. It would be the easy way out that's for sure. I still don't exactly know how difficult it will be to make a completely new ship to replace her. But I think a new ship would be an incredibly fun thing for people wanting a new Kotor game.

JM
 Canderis
02-21-2010, 4:27 PM
Well, for me, there is 2 things every kotor game must have:
The Hawk
HK-47

So I would use the Hawk.
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
02-21-2010, 4:43 PM
or, what you could do is make an entirely new ship!

Just an idea, players could have a choice to by the Hawk or another ship.

"So Treskk, how the heck will we get off of TCS unless we steal a Millitary transport?"

"I have my ways."

"What do you mean by that."

"We could purchess the Ebon Hawk from Commander Grenn, or we may be able to see what yachts are for sale."

(Option One)

"That Hawk ship sounds prommising!"

"The Ebon Hawk it is then!"

(The then go buy it from Grenn, and it appears in the Hangar."

(Option two)

"Let's see what Battle Yachts are for sale."

"Purchess a ship it is then."

"Hey, hey you, I see you are looking to buy a ship!"

"And what if we are?"

"I have one, faster than any on this side of Corascaunt!"

"Well, what is she?"

"She is an Endevour class ship, The Divinity is a former cruising yacht that I converted into a Blockade runner, but these are hard times, and I am forced to sell my baby for the good of my buisness."

"How much are we talking?"

"###### Credits."

"I think thats duable!"

"Well, at least I know the Divinity is in good hands!"

"We'll take good care of her."

"Thank you friend."

(In the hangar, there is a small shuttle, you can board the shuttle and it will take you to a large ship in orbit, a reskin of GOTO's yacht! With gold walls instead of Silver, and instead of landing on planets, you just take the shuttle down! This is for players who are bored of the Ebon Hawk.)

If you don't like that idea, I still think a good new ship would be a reskin of GOTO's yacht. (I got the idea from Trex's mod and his ship, the eagle)
 JuniorModder
02-21-2010, 4:53 PM
or, what you could do is make an entirely new ship!

Just an idea, players could have a choice to by the Hawk or another ship.

"So Treskk, how the heck will we get off of TCS unless we steal a Millitary transport?"

"I have my ways."

"What do you mean by that."

"We could purchess the Ebon Hawk from Commander Grenn, or we may be able to see what yachts are for sale."

(Option One)

"That Hawk ship sounds prommising!"

"The Ebon Hawk it is then!"

(The then go buy it from Grenn, and it appears in the Hangar."

(Option two)

"Let's see what Battle Yachts are for sale."

"Purchess a ship it is then."

"Hey, hey you, I see you are looking to buy a ship!"

"And what if we are?"

"I have one, faster than any on this side of Corascaunt!"

"Well, what is she?"

"She is an Endevour class ship, The Divinity is a former cruising yacht that I converted into a Blockade runner, but these are hard times, and I am forced to sell my baby for the good of my buisness."

"How much are we talking?"

"###### Credits."

"I think thats duable!"

"Well, at least I know the Divinity is in good hands!"

"We'll take good care of her."

"Thank you friend."

(In the hangar, there is a small shuttle, you can board the shuttle and it will take you to a large ship in orbit, a reskin of GOTO's yacht! With gold walls instead of Silver, and instead of landing on planets, you just take the shuttle down! This is for players who are bored of the Ebon Hawk.)

If you don't like that idea, I still think a good new ship would be a reskin of GOTO's yacht. (I got the idea from Trex's mod and his ship, the eagle)

Haha I like the name Divinity. Maybe I'll use it.. But I don't think I'll give you the choice to pick one or the other. 1st off, most people will pick the new ship, and if they don't it's a lot of trouble to make a whole new ship that is never even seen. ;) And I also think I'll need a different way of acquiring the ship, bc I assume they'd be out of the PC's price range at the current status (looking for a job at TCS).

JM
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
02-21-2010, 5:09 PM
do you like the idea of a reskinned goto's yacht?
 JuniorModder
02-21-2010, 5:14 PM
do you like the idea of a reskinned goto's yacht?

Yeah, but I don't wanna copy the other guys mod, and I want something not quite that large. Something around the size of the Ebon Hawk, except a little smaller. That way we could stick most of the Party Members in the same room to feel like you've got a bigger party. ;)

JM
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
02-21-2010, 5:22 PM
I really can't think of any other ships you can reskin. Hmmmm.
 logan23
02-21-2010, 5:24 PM
You could always close off sections of the ship which will shrink the size of the ship's interior.
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
02-21-2010, 5:35 PM
yeah, you can block the hallways that lead down into the port and starboard quarters, block the cargo hold where handmaiden was, block the entrance into the engine room where that little girl was in the first one, the room where that single bed was, Mira's room, that computer room near the cockpit, and maybe even the room where Canderous and HK like to hang out in the first one near the ramp. Or you could try just shrinking the ship entirely, which will just make it more narrow and won't help much. You can use that descrip. of the blocked off areas and pretend that they never even existed by maybe making the ship look like an enlarged shuttle or Basalisk warship, so the interior would look like an edited hawk, but the exterior would look like different ship. Or maybe you could use part of the Ravager for the ship or maybe even the Harbringer. (depending on what vessel is least disturbing to you! Which of those two vessels do you find less creepy?) That can always be a start to a good idea.
 JuniorModder
02-21-2010, 6:34 PM
If I get desperate I could reskin the Harbinger for the main ship.

Right now I'm thinking of using a slightly remodeled/reskinned Telos Shuttle for the exterior, and a completely new interior. That seems to be the optimal exterior for a new ship, bc though you don't see the inside, the party travel in it in TSL.

JM
 Holty1-5
02-22-2010, 11:09 AM
just use the hawk its easy there and has history!
there could be a quest where you learn somthing about Revan or the Exile

and i like Canderis said Hk-47 has to be in it or no one will like it.... im joking but lots of people will be like *snif* *snif*
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
02-22-2010, 11:24 AM
A good interior for your ship (I guess its safe to call her "Divinity" now since you like the name) would be Harbringer bridge! Just the bridge, which is what I pictured the intirior of those shuttles to look like!
 JuniorModder
02-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Holty12345: I might use the Ebon Hawk, but it pretty much depends on how difficult making a new ship would be. Don't worry, you learn more about Revan and the Exile. ;)

MrCharlton (I'm too lazy to spell your new name): The Harbinger Bridge would be way too big for the little shuttle. :P

JM
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
02-22-2010, 12:15 PM
no, I mean just the bridge part, the other areas are blocked off.
 newbiemodder
02-22-2010, 1:43 PM
Just fyi...I think that if you check the .mdl files for the module on Telos where you crash land at the polar ice cap...there is a room model for the inside of the shuttle cockpit..I think. Also, if you could model a new ship that would be cool. Doc Valentine used to have a thread where he was working on a mod and he did a nice video walk-thru of his new ship that he modeled..it was pretty sweet...
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
02-22-2010, 1:58 PM
can you give a link NM?
 JuniorModder
02-22-2010, 2:17 PM
MrCharlton: Yeah I know I think the bridge by itself is still to big. ;)

NM: I don't think there is, otherwise it would have been used already. But I'll look into it. ;) I know that was a very helpful thread when planning my mod.

JM
 newbiemodder
02-22-2010, 3:02 PM
MrCharlton: Yeah I know I think the bridge by itself is still to big. ;)

NM: I don't think there is, otherwise it would have been used already. But I'll look into it. ;) I know that was a very helpful thread when planning my mod.

JM

Look at model 261telf.mdl.
 JuniorModder
02-22-2010, 3:07 PM
Very well once I install TSL on my computer I'll look at it. Now you've got me excited! :D

EDIT: Don't suppose you could PM me some pictures? I have to re-purchase TSL in order to install it, will probably take around a week or 2.

JM
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
02-26-2010, 2:51 PM
Are you going to add new classes or make new modules or do more music for this mod? It would be cool to see this as a completely unique thing.
Page: 1 of 2