Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Modding Section!

Page: 1 of 1
 logan essex
11-09-2009, 1:46 PM
Will there be a Modding Section here?(PC)
Do you know of a modding site for this game?(PC)
 Jeff
11-09-2009, 3:23 PM
If we have enough interest in modding the PC version, we'll add a modding section. :) If other users would like to see this, feel free to post your interest here.
 TriggerGod
11-09-2009, 7:19 PM
I'd love to have a modding forum. Once I get it (hopefully for Christmas, when it drops in price a bit...), I'll definitely use the method posted about on the LA forums to my advantage. I'll even study how to properly make new models and new levels, because skins won't be enough to make TFU more interesting...
 Zwier Zak
11-10-2009, 1:35 PM
Looks like the only mods we are going to make are the ones using texmod. Unless anyone knows any other tools.
 kampher
11-17-2009, 10:54 AM
I think putting in a mod forum would be a good idea. If anything, it might get people interested in actually doing some modding for the game.
 tillo
11-26-2009, 4:14 PM
YES!! (and I really hope we can mod this game)
 purifier
11-28-2009, 2:29 PM
I support and love this idea, sounds great...let the modding forum begin. :thmbup1:
 Shem
11-29-2009, 2:28 AM
Well, if there is enough interest in modding, I have brought this issue up to FileFront and they have said if there is enough of a community modding the game, they would put up a site to host TFU mods.
 Neon
11-29-2009, 6:56 AM
Only if there would be an online MP mode, I think it would be fun to modificate it.
 Jeff
11-30-2009, 3:16 PM
Alright, welcome to the modding section for Force Unleashed! Feel free to discuss away. If anyone has any ideas for a name for this forum, feel free to post them here.
 hk2hal
12-20-2009, 10:38 AM
I have already made working Playstation buttons for my on screen prompts.

Some would call them minigames, a term from God of War but not accurate.

It is in all ways, on screen prompts only.

Here are the links to my screen caps of these buttons, plus I have begun working on altering the skins and making new outfits for the characters, but I've been busy doing this for Tombraider Underworld and LOTR Conquest.

The program I use is Texmod, I'm sure some of you have heard of it.
I use Xpadder for mapping the keyboard controls to my game pad since SWTFU won't recognize any other gamepad except the Xbox 360 controller.

Which is sad. Proprietary BS.

Modding this game for textures is very simple.

Original buttons http://tinyurl.com/ycjgq7y)

New buttons http://tinyurl.com/yenqf4v)

Programs http://tinyurl.com/ybxskxm)

Perhaps later I will post some caps of a skin I'm working on. :)
 hk2hal
12-20-2009, 10:45 AM
I came here to see if anyone had already made any mods, when I found out no one had and I could'nt find any mods online, I decided to make them myself.

The ole saying, "If you want something done, do it yourself".

I will make them available sometime later, I need to do some clean up, I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

These buttons will just be for the main buttons, not for R1 and such, since they can be remapped for your needs, but the default keys match the buttons on the gamepad perfectly.

Hopefully I won't be the only person to make mods. I was really hoping the modding community would be salavating for the release on PC, but I guess they got caught up
Call of Duty or some other game that was recently released.

I used to do mods for Jedi Academy and Outcast, that mod comm really got involved.
Sad to see no one does this anymore.
 hk2hal
12-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Name for the Forum,

"SITH HAPPENS!"

lol I crack me up.
 reapper
01-12-2010, 5:48 PM
I would love to see a modeling tool for the force unleashed I hope someone can made one soon I just got the game for pc and I want to mod this game please somebody make a mod tool !!!!
 DarthSlinky
01-14-2010, 5:27 PM
Sorry, by the looks of it all the files are encrypted, so to make a tool one would need to be both cryptographer and a programmer, unfortunately people with those skills tend to be hackers
 reapper
01-18-2010, 6:00 PM
so is there any way to get some of the models out?
 reapper
10-15-2010, 2:56 PM
ok so has any any one found or made a modeling tool for tfu yet???!!!
 Mandalorian Mercenary
10-20-2010, 8:54 PM
Couldn't you just google "how to unencrypt files"? ^^
 Visas
11-03-2010, 7:02 PM
There's got to be a way to mod this thing...
 DarthSlinky
11-03-2010, 7:30 PM
[QUOTE=Visas;2754668]There's got to be a way to mod this thing...[/QUOT

The files are compressed or encrypted, no one can open them, so no modding.
 Visas
11-03-2010, 7:41 PM
The files are compressed or encrypted, no one can open them, so no modding.

I sense a disturbance in the force. Someone who is capable of decypting these files is somewhere in this galaxy. Search your feelings. You know that it is true.
 DarthSlinky
11-05-2010, 11:21 PM
I sense a disturbance in the force. Someone who is capable of decypting these files is somewhere in this galaxy. Search your feelings. You know that it is true.

Are you sure your feelings are clear on this matter?

Jokes aside, it is probably possible and it seems quite difficult. Although I could be wrong, cryptanalysis is hardly my area of expertise.
 proboi
11-16-2010, 2:58 PM
from what I've seen TFU2's audio uses OGG format (but cant be played normally). Is there anyway to convert them?
 Mandalorian Mercenary
11-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Actually, I was surfing youtube yesterday and stumbled upon a TFU mod (mind you, it was only reskins, but still) I'll try and locate the link for you guys..
 Kurgan
12-02-2010, 12:56 AM
from what I've seen TFU2's audio uses OGG format (but cant be played normally). Is there anyway to convert them?

There are audio converters out there that should be able to convert ogg to some other format (like mp3 or wav).
 Master-Kyle-Leeson09
12-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Count me in for TFU mods. I'd love to play as Vader. Be cool to see numerous reskins--I would love to see renderings of so many Jedi and Sith...Lumiya, Mara Jade, Kyp Durron, Kyle Katarn...Darth Revan...

Probably the best reskin is Darth Kurgan :)

Make the environment totally destructible--I wanna rip Raxus Prime in half!

Mod where Starkiller uses the Impale--how about the lightsaber throws Starkiller?

Mini-levels where you choose the arena and pick a boss from the game...it'll be very unrealistic and fun to fight Shaak Ti on the Death Star...fight Vader on Kashyyyk...even fight the Rogue Jedi as Emperor...

I can think up so many for you modders. I really want to see a level where the goal is to survive against an infinite supply of those EVO troopers...come on, those damn purge troopers (the Iron Man guys) can shoot homing rockets and it takes a hell of a beating to bring them down. EVO troopers are a lot easier, IMO.
 Mandalorian Mercenary
12-09-2010, 7:09 PM
actually purge troopers are easy if you cower behind a door and blast em with force lightning :p
 Master-Kyle-Leeson09
12-15-2010, 12:41 PM
actually purge troopers are easy if you cower behind a door and blast em with force lightning :p

Uses up your Force energy.

Easier way:
1) Lock on Purge Trooper
2) Dashing Shock
3) Sith Swipe, Sith Saber Smash
4) Retreat and repeat

I play Sith Warrior difficulty (won't go harder until I got better video card), so this brings down a purge trooper after 3 repeats.

Down, boy! :thmbup1:
 Mandalorian Mercenary
01-11-2011, 9:46 PM
ohhh :) I'm doing it on master :p there's one section on tatooine where there's THREE purge troopers; it's almost impossible to kill them all xD
 Kurgan
09-28-2011, 6:36 PM
Now that I've got the game I might try my hand at this, if I ever, ever, get anymore free time!
 Futher
02-12-2012, 6:40 PM
well, without modding, games die out.

http://www.fileplanet.com/224676/220000/fileinfo/n50-profile-SWTFU)

I hate 360 controllers. Been using the n50 for at least 5 years for MW4: Mercs, EVE, BioShock, KOTOR, and other games.
Page: 1 of 1