Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Question About Module Reskinning

Page: 1 of 1
 Exile007
10-30-2009, 8:39 PM
I've been re-skinning for a project that I've brought back to life. Now, I believe I've followed everything correctly, but for some reasons, I have a problem.

In some parts of the area, my character literally turns solid black, although the shape of the character remains. I was wondering when I made an error in reskinning. Lightmaps? Missing texture?

Thanks for any help given. :)
 Darth InSidious
10-30-2009, 8:56 PM
My first guesses would be that you darkened the lightmaps too much (?), fog settings, and that the .vis contains errors.

If all else fails, try redoing from scratch.
 Exile007
10-30-2009, 9:09 PM
If all else fails, try redoing from scratch.

Being that it's around 30 rooms, I'd rather avoid this.

How can you make an error in the .vis?
 Canderis
10-30-2009, 11:31 PM
Or you forgot to extract a lightmap files. Check that.
 Wolfskin75
11-01-2009, 6:46 PM
I've been re-skinning for a project that I've brought back to life. Now, I believe I've followed everything correctly, but for some reasons, I have a problem.

In some parts of the area, my character literally turns solid black, although the shape of the character remains. I was wondering when I made an error in reskinning. Lightmaps? Missing texture?

Thanks for any help given. :)

I don't know it this helps. but I ran across a similar issue and it was that I did not save it at the right compression.
Page: 1 of 1