Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Battle Armor of Mandalor te Dini'Burk'yc

Page: 1 of 1
 Laar_Dha
09-16-2009, 3:37 PM
By request of Delta 62, this adds a new armor to KOTOR. It is a heavy armor that requires only a light armor feat and does not restrict force powers. It has a default appearance and three optional looks. It also has its own custom icon. Armor stats are listed in the readme below:
KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC

Title: Battle Armor of Mandalor te Dini'Burk'yc
Author: Laar_Dha
Date Released: 9/12/2009

This mod gives you the armor of Mandalor te Dini'Burk'yc. (Literally Mandalore the Dangerous Lunatic- rarely translated into Basic for obvious reasons) The armor will spawn in a new footlocker in the Swoop Garage of the Ebon Hawk. There is also a datapad with a communication. You don't need a new game, but you must have one from before you leave Taris. If you install after you arrive on Dantooine, the footlocker and its contents won't spawn. Only the male version of the armor has been reskinned. Eqipped on a female character, the armor will have the same stats, but will appear like Jurgen Kaltas's Power Suit (white, tan, and red). The female armor will follow.
You can also get the armor by cheat code: giveitem LD_a_class9083

Armor Description:
Battle Armor of Mandalor te Dini'Burk'yc

Special:
Upgradeable, Armor
Does Not Restrict Force Powers

Chosen to lead for his military genius and named for his nasty disposition, Mandalor te Dini'Burk'yc commissioned this suit of armor from the foremost Mandalorian smith of his time. This armor provides superior protection while being remarkably light and easy to wear. Unfortunately for the armor smith, it's new owner wanted it to the last such armor ever made. Unfortunately for Mandalor, an unknown Sith Lord had recently commissioned a set of armored robes from late armor smith. The matching helm was presumed lost along with Mandalor's head.

Requirements: Light Armor Feat
defense bonus: 11
+25% pierce and slash resistance
freedom of movement
bonus feats: improved flurry
improved critical strike
improved power strike

Upgrades: Armor Reinf = +2 defense
Mesh Underlay = +25% bludgeoning resistance

Installation: Run TSLPatcher for default installation. If you want one of the optional armor appearances, just rename the TGA file from the option folder you want to PMBH83.tga (just delete the Alt# at the beginning of the name) and drop it into you Override folder.

Mac Users: Drop the files from the Manual Install folder into your Override. This does modify the baseitems.2da. So check your override for any other mods that may also use baseitems.2da to avoid possible conflicts. See above installation for optional armor appearance.

Permissions: You may use all or part of this mod; just give me credit if you use my work. This mod may not be distributed on other sites without permission from the author.

Thanks: Delta 62 for his armor request. Everyone at Holowan Labs for the invaluable tutorials, and those who had already asked and received answers to every question came up. (I do love the search function.) Fred Tetra for KOTORTool. Stoffe for TSLPatcher.

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT
COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.
Armor Appearance Options:
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy65/Laar_Dha/ArmorOptions-1.jpg)
Using Force Powers:
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy65/Laar_Dha/No-ForcePowerRestrict.jpg)
You can download it here:MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3RY2XYPU) Link updated 9/25/09 w/baseitems.2da fix
 Queen of Night
09-16-2009, 3:54 PM
Ohhh this is very cool. I like it. You make a good work.
 Rinku
09-16-2009, 4:00 PM
Very nice :D !! Very cool.

May I ask if you are going to make a helmet to go along with it?
 Darth Payne
09-16-2009, 4:01 PM
*Very Cool*.

I've been looking forward to trying these armors.

Edit: Btw, those armors would look perfect as MRG's(Mandalores Royal Guard.)

Option 3 strikes me as a good option for the Guard Captain.
Option 2 strikes me as a good option for the Guard Lieutenant.
Option 1 strikes me as a good option for the Guard Officer.
 Laar_Dha
09-16-2009, 4:14 PM
Thanks. I'm glad you guys like it. As for the helmet, that's beyond my skills at the moment. I could reskin one, but modeling is a complete mystery. I'm doing well to get the texture map out of 3DMax. And sometimes that takes me a few tries:argh: If I can locate the bloody tpc, I thought of using Mandalore's armor for a TSL version. But I have to do the female armor first.
 Trench
09-16-2009, 4:24 PM
Very nice! I think I'll be wearing this very soon!:D (but don't you think it would be more appropriate if his name was: Te Dini'Burk'yc Mand'alor?)
 Demongo
09-16-2009, 4:44 PM
Ooh if you could make a helmet too this would be awesome!:D
 Laar_Dha
09-16-2009, 4:57 PM
Very nice! I think I'll be wearing this very soon!:D (but don't you think it would be more appropriate if his name was: Te Dini'Burk'yc Mand'alor?)

Thank you. Hope you enjoy it.

In Mando'a word order indicates meaning as in English (per Karen Traviss' grammar guide). Although, word order isn't extremely rigid, so you can adjust word order for poetic reasons. So I guess it depends on whether you are using as a description or as a name. Thus, Mandalor the Suchandsuch rather than The Suchandsuch Mandalor.:D
 Marius Fett
09-16-2009, 5:27 PM
It's been quite a while since we had a decent reskin around here. :p

Nice work. :D
 Darth InSidious
09-16-2009, 6:25 PM
Nice reskin, but e'nough w'ith t'he a'po'str'o'ph'e's!
 Laar_Dha
09-16-2009, 7:47 PM
Nice reskin, but e'nough w'ith t'he a'po'str'o'ph'e's!

:D I didn't invent the language. Just following established convention.
 Delta 62
09-17-2009, 11:37 AM
finally!!!!!!(sorry bout the late reply but i had school!)Thanks larr_dha
p.s. i'll have to reinstall my game before i dload(i had my laptops hardrive wiped)
 Darth Darkus
09-18-2009, 2:31 AM
that one looks nice! could be a cool sith armor aswell if you add a cape or a cloak to it and replace some parts (like upper leg armor) with normal clothes.... are you making this for TSL also?
 Laar_Dha
09-18-2009, 11:01 AM
that one looks nice! could be a cool sith armor aswell if you add a cape or a cloak to it and replace some parts (like upper leg armor) with normal clothes.... are you making this for TSL also?

Thanks. Unfortunately, adding a cape and replacing parts would require modeling, which is not one of my skills at this point.:D Yeah, I will do a TSL version, after I finish the female version reskin. I was considering the possibility using Mandalore's Armor for the TSL version.
 Delta 62
09-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Mandalore's Armor for the TSL version.
cool idea. but could it be a wearable item?
 Kyr'am Galaar
09-18-2009, 6:17 PM
'Tis great! I shall Download.
 Darth Payne
09-25-2009, 4:23 PM
Hmm, i seem to be having some trouble with this mod.

I don't have any trouble when i install this mod.

When i open the locker all i see is a white square where the armor icon is supposed to be and the datapad.

And i can't find the armor in my inventory.

Am i doing something wrong?

Edit: Also, i can't add the armor to my inventory using KSE.
 Laar_Dha
09-25-2009, 7:21 PM
Hmm, i seem to be having some trouble with this mod.

I don't have any trouble when i install this mod.

When i open the locker all i see is a white square where the armor icon is supposed to be and the datapad.

And i can't find the armor in my inventory.

Am i doing something wrong?

Edit: Also, i can't add the armor to my inventory using KSE.

Let me triple check and make sure I didn't mess up when I set up the install files or packaged it. It was working fine for me, but it's possible when I transferred from computer to another that I did something weird. The armor does tend to show up near the bottom of inventory instead of with the other armors - I need to fix that in the next release. So scroll down and check there, but you shouldn't have white squares. I will get back to you ASAP.
 Darth Payne
09-25-2009, 7:29 PM
Well, i just clicked on the armor/clothing slot to see if the armor actually is at the bottom of the list.

Its not there.

I did find it at the bottom of the total inventory list, only, i can't do anything with it. And the white square is still there
 Laar_Dha
09-25-2009, 7:43 PM
I just tried it out and everything is working on my end. I'm puzzled, the datapad uses a default icon, so there definitely shouldn't be a white square. What other mods do you have installed? You used the TSLPatcher to install, correct?

If you have kotor tool, you can open the baseitems.2da in your override folder and check to see if the following line is there. If the armor is your most recent install, it should be the last line. The line number (first cell) isn't important, but it should say
531 Fast Heavy Armor ... ..... .....

If the Fast Heavy Armor isn't in the baseitems.2da then that would be your problem. Make sure there isn't another item using 531 as it's item number.
 Darth Payne
09-25-2009, 7:54 PM
It's not the datapad that has the white square, it is the armor.

I have another 30-35 mods installed, i can't think of any mods that might interfere with this one.

(Also, my memory isn't good enough to remember the name of every mod i've got installed.)

The only mods i have installed that actually add armors to my game woud be mine and LR999s 'Mandalorian Battlearmor' mod, and 'Captain Skyes Armor Expansion' mod.

None of the mods alter the Hawk in any way.
 Laar_Dha
09-25-2009, 8:09 PM
It's not the datapad that has the white square, it is the armor.

I have another 30-35 mods installed, i can't think of any mods that might interfere with this one.

(Also, my memory isn't good enough to remember the name of every mod i've got installed.)

The only mods i have installed that actually add armors to my game woud be mine and LR999s 'Mandalorian Battlearmor' mod, and 'Captain Skyes Armor Expansion' mod.

None of the mods alter the Hawk in any way.

Can you check the baseitems.2da?
If you have kotor tool, you can open the baseitems.2da in your override folder and check to see if the following line is there. If the armor is your most recent install, it should be the last line. The line number (first cell) isn't important, but it should say
531 Fast Heavy Armor ... ..... .....

If the Fast Heavy Armor isn't in the baseitems.2da then that would be your problem. Make sure there isn't another item using 531 as it's item number.
It doesn't need to be an armor mod. Any mod that modifies the baseitems.2da could conflict if it happens to use the same item number 531. I tried to pick a number that wouldn't be likely to be used elsewhere, but I can't guarantee that.
 Darth Payne
09-25-2009, 8:20 PM
I think i found the problem.

Line 531 in the baseitems.2da says Armor_Class_9 which kinda makes me think that it might be mine and LR999s mod that conflicts.

Edit: never mind. Our mod doesn't use any .2DA files
 Laar_Dha
09-25-2009, 8:25 PM
I think i found the problem.

Line 531 in the baseitems.2da says Armor_Class_9 which kinda makes me think that it might be mine and LR999s mod that conflicts.

That's fixable. Just open the manual install folder, then open the baseitems.2da
from that folder. copy the line for the fast heavy armor, paste it at eh bottom of the Baseitem.2da in your override folder. then change the item number to anything that isn't in use. Save and it should work.

Edit: Big mistake on my part. that number is used by one of the armor class 9 armors. I didn't notice it because when I installed on mine it worked without a hitch. I will upload a fixed version as soon as I can and post the new link. Sorry for the trouble.
 Darth Payne
09-25-2009, 8:39 PM
Cool, i look forward to trying it.

Btw, my current save is on Dantooine. Do i need save from Taris?
 Laar_Dha
09-25-2009, 8:53 PM
Cool, i look forward to trying it.

Btw, my current save is on Dantooine. Do i need save from Taris?

Yeah, you will need a game from before you leave Taris. The dialog just before landing is where the spawn script is attached. I've got it fixed, and uploaded. Fixing the link, now.
 Darth Payne
09-25-2009, 9:51 PM
Well, this is just getting annoying.

I copy/pasted the armors .2DA line into my override baseitems.2da.

This time i am able to add the armor to my inventory using the KSE, and i've still got the same problem as before.

(Still have the white square and it can't be found in my inventory.)

Haven't gotten through Taris yet though.
 Laar_Dha
09-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Well, this is just getting annoying.

I copy/pasted the armors .2DA line into my override baseitems.2da.

This time i am able to add the armor to my inventory using the KSE, and i've still got the same problem as before.

(Still have the white square and it can't be found in my inventory.)

Haven't gotten through Taris yet though.

Well, the armor won't actually spawn until after you leave Taris. But kse is reading your baseitems.2da and so it thinks there is an item there. You should however be able to add it with the cheat code. Try giveitem LD_a_class9083 That should add the item to your inventory.
Did you download the fixed file and reinstall or just modify the 2da? If you just modified the baseitems.2da, then drop all the files in the manual install folder, except the baseitems.2da, into your override. That should put all the files you need in the game. I'm sorry you are having so much trouble. I've had it working fine on three computers, including one Mac, so I'm a bit confused as to why it's not working for you. It sounds like file(s) are missing, but I don't why they would be so.
 Darth Payne
09-25-2009, 10:26 PM
I just modified the .2da, and as you suggested dropped all files except the 2da into my override.

And guess what, it still doesn't work.

I have no idea what could be causing this.
 Laar_Dha
09-25-2009, 10:45 PM
I just modified the .2da, and as you suggested dropped all files except the 2da into my override.

And guess what, it still doesn't work.

I have no idea what could be causing this.

Well, I just reinstalled the mod into a fresh install of KOTOR and it worked just like it's supposed to work. I think it must be some kind of conflict. The only other thing I can think of is to try the installer again, but with so many mods installed, a conflict is the most likely thing. I know it works fine with Brotherhood of Shadows; but because I had that installed, I didn't have any others. I will slowly get it tested with some other mods, but I never get near the number you have. If another mod is trying to attach a script to same dialog node, I suppose that could cause a problem, but it would sure be hard to find. I'm sorry I haven't been able to solve your problem. I can't duplicate the problem on this end. Maybe someone with more modding experience would have an idea; I've hit the bottom of my knowledge pool, I'm afraid.
 Darth Payne
09-26-2009, 7:44 AM
That's fine LD.

I'll just have to playthe game without these wonderfull armors untill i can find a solution.
 jonathan7
09-26-2009, 7:02 PM
Despite continuing site issues at KotOR Files - I did finally manage to get this mod up; Click Me (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Battle_Armor_of_Mandalor_te_DiniBurkyc;104243)
Page: 1 of 1