Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

who gets BF3?

Page: 1 of 1
 shukkoku
08-06-2009, 8:14 PM
I was thinking, how would BF3 be different if Pandemic was making the project compared to Free Radical and rebellion, what kind of quirks would each studio bring to the project.

I'm thinking that if Pandemic were to release BF3 it would be very similar to the second. Very class based and the missions would be objective based in a battlefield. I'm quite sure they would spice up the visuals and even out the troops, but keep pretty much the same.

If rebellion got hold of BF3, They would probably try to imitate what the first 2 did, They wouldn't make very many leaps of their own though. I would be very worried if they were to make it, they already wrecked the portable version and I'm sure they would make some change in the core game play that wouldn't work.

Free Radical doesn't exist anymore-with the exception of Crytek UK- but what they had looked great. It seemed like they were going for a more single player campaign, than capturing command posts. They actually had REAL cinematic cutscenes!! They put a lot of work into models and animations.

which do you guys think would make a better BF3 and why?
 Bokken
08-07-2009, 1:12 PM
Personally, I think FR would have. I'm not really impressed with Pandemic, I don't know a whole lot about Rebellion, but Free Radical's previews looked great.
 shukkoku
08-07-2009, 4:34 PM
About rebellion I doubt them myself. But they are making a new aliens VS predators game that looks quite promising, so who knows if they can make a next gen game
 Deadshot#1
08-07-2009, 8:13 PM
Didn't Pandemic do a majority of the Star Wars games? Not that it matters but I think that Pandemic should do it partly because they did the first 2, but it would also be cool if rebellion did it just to see something new.
 shukkoku
08-07-2009, 9:45 PM
yeah, i'm starting to doubt my initial disliking to Rebellion after taking a look at AVP on the next gen systems.

It looks quite refined so I think it wouldn't be bad if Rebellion got their paws on there
 jondavis
08-08-2009, 3:15 PM
Pandemic first.
1. Because I know they will more likely make it for all platforms. PC is my choice to play it on.
2. The focus has always been on multiplayer and would like that to continue as the series goes on.

Free Radical second.
What they did in the trailer looked great. I hope the new one has the look and feel of what they were doing but it did worry me to see lots of time spent on a single player aspect of the game and no shots of multiplayer action.

Rebellion third.
No, most of what I see them adding in the expansions are not all that great, I fear they would slow the progress down if they had the series.
 shukkoku
08-09-2009, 12:33 AM
That's a good point about Pandemic, but you have to remember it did show for all systems when Free Radical was making it.

I'd bet if it were up to rebellion, PC would be left out.
 jondavis
08-09-2009, 11:00 AM
That's a good point about Pandemic, but you have to remember it did show for all systems when Free Radical was making it.

I'd bet if it were up to rebellion, PC would be left out.

Did Free Radical show for PC. I did not see that?
Dang I hope they finish what we saw in that trailer.
 shukkoku
08-09-2009, 8:00 PM
well for all we know, Pandemic is completing the work that Free Radical did, or maybe even rebellion but there is more evidence for pandemic, project Y anyone?
 Alexrd
11-18-2009, 1:05 PM
 Giant Graffiti
11-19-2009, 7:47 PM
 Alexrd
11-20-2009, 11:36 AM
You can scratch out the "Rumor" part. (http://www.edge-online.com/news/pandemic-studios-closure-confirmed)

Will we ever see this game come to life? And no more Battlefront from Pandemic... ever...
 jawathehutt
11-20-2009, 1:13 PM
Will we ever see this game come to life? And no more Battlefront from Pandemic... ever...
Drat... because they have such an impressive track record of making battlefront like games better as time goes on... wait... they get worse with each one.
As long as LA continues to exist I have a feeling there'll be another battlefront like game.
 GeneralPloKoon
11-20-2009, 1:18 PM
LA knows Battlefront makes big bucks. Except they seem to think the PSP releases are a good idea...

Right now they seem to be in love with TFU and The Clone Wars sooooo.....it might be a while.
 Alexrd
11-20-2009, 4:55 PM
Drat... because they have such an impressive track record of making battlefront like games better as time goes on... wait... they get worse with each one.

What?! To me, BFII is still better than BFI.
 Giant Graffiti
11-20-2009, 5:31 PM
BF2 was basically more weapons/units/maps and horrible balance.

I'm guessing that it was like that because BF2 was rushed in time for Episode III. (LucasArts apparently didn't realize that they could have just delayed BF1 a year.)
 jawathehutt
11-20-2009, 11:56 PM
What?! To me, BFII is still better than BFI.
And then we have their last "masterpiece"
LotR Conquest reviews:
Publication Score
Computer and Video Games 4/10
Eurogamer 5/10
Game Informer 4.75/10
GameSpot 6.5/10
GamesRadar 2/10[
IGN Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 (US): 7.0/10
Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 (UK): 6.0/10
PC: 7.0/10[26]
DS: 6.7/10[8]
Official Xbox Magazine 4/10
PC Gamer UK 61%
Like I said, are we really missing anything?
Page: 1 of 1