Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Vor al Mando'a

Page: 3 of 3
 Kado Sunrider
08-04-2009, 4:12 PM
He watched as the man stripped off his armor.

Vren was amused, he could see the look on the younger mans face, his expression clearly showing that the last thing in the universe he wanted to do was give up his armor.

He can take orders without question, and still hold his own opinions. I made a good choice.

By now Mird'ika was putting his new black beskar'gam armor with the wave crest on, attaching the sturdy plates to the underarmor skin he had slipped into only moments before.

"Hold on a second Mird."

Vren reached into the pile of his second in commands discarded armor and pulled out the dark red waist-cape.

"Reattach that. A little individuality never hurt." he said with a grin.
 Trench
08-04-2009, 4:14 PM
"Thank you Mand'alor." Mird said. Mird then reached into the pile of old armor and pulled out his old mask.
"May I?" he asked placing it over his left shoulder plate.
 Kado Sunrider
08-04-2009, 4:20 PM
Vren nodded.

"You look menacing, Mird'ika. For now, the people fear us, but maybe, someday soon, they will come to look upon us with respect. A darkness is sturring beyond the Outer Rim. I do not know what it is, but I mean to investigate it."

He turned and left the room.

"We should be arriving at Tatooine soon."
 Trench
08-04-2009, 4:23 PM
As Vren left the room Mird looked as his reflection in the viewport. The new Beskar'gam was truly something to behold. The Beskar was refined more so than in his old armor, and was so light that he felt as if he wasn't wearing armor.
As he was admiring the design of the crest he suddenly remembered the disabled comm from Ky'ram.
He activated his comlink and attempted to reach him...
Come on. Pick up...
 Kyr'am Galaar
08-04-2009, 4:27 PM
((Ah, whoops, We must have been posting at the same time. I'll edit mine))

"Mird'ika? I have something to tell you about my plan for the bounties. The Twi'lek who hired me just happens to be the father of one of the slaves. Her name, I think, is Toola."
 Trench
08-04-2009, 4:33 PM
"Toola's father! He's the one that placed the bounty on Yorka?"

It made sense. News of Vorreesh's death spread like a wildfire, and since Yorka was in line to claim his possessions Toola's father must have seen the opportunity to get her back.
Mird'ika wouldn't let that happen. Toola's father was a slaver who sold her older sister into slavery due to her silver mutation. He would do the same to Toola.

"Does he know where we are?"
 Kyr'am Galaar
08-04-2009, 4:36 PM
"No. Why? I don't let my employers take the bounty before I do."
 Trench
08-04-2009, 4:43 PM
"If he gets her he'll sell her into slavery, just like he did her older sister. He's a heartless man who doesn't care about anybodies lives but his own."
 Kyr'am Galaar
08-04-2009, 4:45 PM
"Funny you mention her sister."
 Trench
08-04-2009, 4:50 PM
"What does that mean?"

Kyr'am Galaar
08-04-2009, 4:56 PM
"Hey, don't worry. Jeer'la has been a good trainee. She knows how to fight pretty well. She sometimes even comes with me on missions. She misses her sister though. And you found her. Toola I mean."
 Trench
08-04-2009, 4:57 PM
"I'll comm you later, I have to talk to Toola about something..."
 Kyr'am Galaar
08-04-2009, 4:58 PM
"K."
 Trench
08-04-2009, 5:09 PM
Mird'ika ran to the turret control room to find Toola. When he got there she was sitting at the control's checking over the settings.

"Toola, "Mird asked her as she turned around, "was the person you were thinking about earlier your sister?"
"Yes, "Toola said, with her eyes starting to water.
"I think I know where she is..."
 Kyr'am Galaar
08-04-2009, 5:12 PM
Ky'ram comms Mird again, needing to ask him something.
 Trench
08-04-2009, 5:14 PM
Mird walked out of the room to take the call.

"What do you need Ky'ram?"
 Kyr'am Galaar
08-04-2009, 5:19 PM
"Do you mind making a pit stop on Manda'yaim? I'm sure your girlfriend would like to see her sis. I'm sure you can make an excuse."

With that, Ky'ram disabled the call and changed course to Mandalore.
 Trench
08-04-2009, 5:24 PM
Mird'ika walked into the cockpit unsure of what to say. How would he convince Vren to change course when they were so close to the target?

"Mand'alor, "he started, "how long are we going to be on Tatooine?"
 Kyr'am Galaar
08-04-2009, 5:26 PM
Back on Mandalore...

"Jeer'ika!"

"Yes Ky'ram?"

"I've found your sister."
 Kado Sunrider
08-05-2009, 7:51 PM
((Im pretty sure at this point a true Mando'yaim didn't exist. Correct me if Im wrong, but it wasnt until Jaster that we had a unified home planet, Dxun not included.))

"Mand'alor, how long are we going to be on Tatooine?"

"We're not even landing, Mird'ika. After we hit Tatooine Space we're jumping straight for the Outer Rim."

Vren swiveled his seat around.

"Why, you've got something else in mind?"
 Kyr'am Galaar
08-05-2009, 7:55 PM
((The Taung claimed Mandalore when they were driven off of Corusant))
 Trench
08-05-2009, 10:08 PM
"I feel it may be good for our journey if we made a stop on Manda'yaim. Aside from the old Mandalorian supply caches there, we may also find other Mando'ade."
 Kado Sunrider
08-07-2009, 1:33 PM
"I feel it may be good for our journey if we made a stop on Manda'yaim. Aside from the old Mandalorian supply caches there, we may also find other Mando'ade."

"hmm..."

"We're heading back to the planet. I have other business to attend too, but I intended to send you out on a little recruiting drive, so you can stop at Mandalore on your way back." he said without taking his eyes off his datapad.

"I can tell somethings bothering you Mird'ika. But I wont press you. Im here to help if you need an extra gun though." he said with a grin.
 Trench
08-07-2009, 4:58 PM
((I'm currently on vacation, I'll return from my "recruiting drive" on the seventeenth))

"Thank you Mand'alor." With that, Mird'ika rushed to the shuttle and set the coordinates to Manda'yaim... The homeworld of his people.
 The Betrayer
08-07-2009, 8:11 PM
"The Mandalorians have broken through the North gate, sir!" called one of the Junior officers to Captain Phoenix.

Arken slammed his fist at the planning table in front of him.
"Damn it! I want more defenses placed there. Where is the major?!?"

"Sir, if this assault keeps up, the Mandalorians will overrun Iziz in a day! We should run while we still live!"

"Lieutenant, you have good intentions, and I respect that. But don't you ever suggest cowardice as an option. I want an evacuation of civilians directly affected by the Mandalorian breach."

"Yes, sir!"

The lieutenant rushed out of the command center, pointing fingers at officers that are his junior.

Arken walked into one of the officers operating the command terminal.
"Try communications with the Major again."
The officer tapped some buttons, and static was heard.
"It still doesn't work sir."
"Try to contact Field Marshall Travis Venaron."

The officer tapped more buttons, and a holo of a man came out.
"This is Field Marshall Travis Venaron."
"Good morning sir, this is Captain Arken Phoenix, designation Bloodbringer. I'm the Commanding Officer here in Iziz."
The field marshall took a more firm stance.
"Captain! Status report."
"We are in dire need of reinforcements sir. Can we get an ETA?"
The field marshall tapped a few buttons on the terminal next to him.
"Negative on that request captain. Just hold on for as long as you can. Field Marshall Venaron, out."

The officer operating Captain Phoenix's terminal said, "Sir communications went dead."
 Trench
08-15-2009, 10:13 PM
Mird'ika walked away from the recently acquired Telosian shuttle (the spoils of a battle during his recruiting drive) and towards the rendezvous point Ky'ram had given him.
Manda'yaim wasn't as he remembered.
The Mandalorians were rebuilding and starting new cities, but the work was slow, and the native wildlife didn't make things easier.
He was flanked by one of the handful of Mandalorians he had gathered, a Togorian named Malgruff.
"Are you sure this is the right place?" Malgruff asked as he removed his helmet.
"Don't worry, he'll show up." Mird said as he took a look at his friends armor. The dark silver plates were covered in teal markings that glittered every time they came in contact with light.
Mird'ika sat down at the bar -gesturing for Malgruff to do the same- and removed his helmet.
Ky'ram would arrive soon with Toola's sister...
 Kyr'am Galaar
08-15-2009, 10:20 PM
Ky'ram walks up to the door and sees Mird'ika sitting with another mando at the bar. He motions to Jeer'la, she follows him to the bar.

"Well hello, Mird'ika! Have you met Jeer'la?" He says as Jeer'la walks up to the bar.

"I hear that you know my sister." She says to Mird'ika.
 Trench
08-15-2009, 10:28 PM
((That was fast!:D))

Mird'ika turned around as soon as he heard Kyr'ika's voice. Walking with him was a silver skinned Twi'lek female wearing a suit of light Beskar'gam.

"I hear that you know my sister." She said to Mird'ika.

"You must be Jeer'la, "Mird said as he turned on his stool, "Toola talked a lot about you before we escaped Vorreesh the Hutt."

He turned to Ky'ram, "I can take you both to Vren's ship, but it is recommended that you, "he said looking at Kyr'ika, "will wither have to change your armor, or wait on my shuttle."
With that he gestured towards Malgruff who gulped down the rest of his drink and walked out of the bar with the rest of them.
 Kyr'am Galaar
08-15-2009, 10:59 PM
"Well ain't that just perfect..." He turns to the bartender. "You still got that Beskar'gam that I loaned you?" "Yeah." "I need it."

<<5 min later>>

He comes out looking like this:
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/576/paybacksbeskargamimprov.jpg)

"How's this?"
 Trench
08-15-2009, 11:02 PM
"It'll work." Mird said as he examined the new armor, "You'll need a new alias as well."
 Kyr'am Galaar
08-16-2009, 1:52 PM
"Hmmm.... How about....................... Venku Ordo?"
 Trench
08-17-2009, 11:43 AM
"Hmmm.... How about....................... Venku Ordo?"

"That will suffice, "Mird'ika said as he turned to leave, with Malgruff following closely. "Follow me to my shuttle, I'll comm Vren and set up a rendezvous."
Page: 3 of 3