Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Interview

Page: 1 of 1
 News
06-05-2009, 2:50 AM
This year at E3 True_Avery and I got the chance to sit down with LucasArts Executive Producer Tom Nichols to ask your questions about The Old Republic and threw in a few of our own. And we hit solid gold: Jumping is confirmed! Hit the break to read the full interview. Will there [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net... (http://www.starwarsmmo.net/news/star-wars-the-old-republic-interview/)
 True_Avery
06-05-2009, 2:56 AM
(Sorry to anyone that noticed me posting this in E3 and it being deleted. Was told to move it here after writing it.)

Overall, I thought the interview was pretty good. Got some stuff in, and the "demo" mentioned will be explained in detail in a later new post so keep your eyes peeled.
 Mav
06-05-2009, 3:44 AM
Awesome stuff, as expected some of his answers sounded scripted, but there are some great tidbits of info. :)
 Saenjaina
06-05-2009, 5:41 AM
Really nice. Good job!
 Miltiades
06-05-2009, 8:01 AM
Great interview, I think a lot of the important stuff was in there. But it's still hard to get any impression without having seen anything about the gameplay itself. Hope the "demo" impressions will ease the pain a bit. :)
 Sabretooth
06-05-2009, 8:29 AM
Good interview, Nichols gave some decent answers to questions, but we haven't really talked about that yet.
 EnderWiggin
06-05-2009, 8:11 PM
Looks good. I'm increasingly excited for this.

_EW_
 leXX
06-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Really great interview guys. The best one I've read coming out of E3. Thank you!
 Demongo
06-06-2009, 1:20 PM
Great interview!
I gladly hear(or read:D) that I can play "Singleplayer:D
 vaapad_juyo
06-15-2009, 5:16 PM
There have been so many great E3 interviews popping up recently. This is one I have not yet come across yet and to be honest, I have been secretly wondering if there is a jump function.
Seriously though, this was some fresh information. The more interviews I read/hear (especially some of the other ones) the more the game sounds very single-player instanced.
Anyone alse getting this impression?
 Saenjaina
06-15-2009, 8:16 PM
No, I wouldn't say that.

They have put a lot of effort so far in promoting the SP aspects of the game. But by this I understand that they've polished the individual's experience of the game, in terms of e.g. NPC interaction (style and sound) as well as the possibility of doing much content independent of other players.

But this, I expect, are things highlighter in order to set the game apart from other MMORPGs today. And to fill the gaps in current games that fall to battlegrounds, grind and endless raiding.

Bioware is basically raising a new pillar og gaming, adding value to the concept of the storyline. Great move I'd say.
Page: 1 of 1