Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Pandemic is NOT doing BF3

Page: 1 of 1
 ggctuk
03-15-2009, 2:55 PM
 TSR
03-15-2009, 2:59 PM
More umming and arring over BF3.
If this is indeed true, and there is a time in the future when BF3 is released, it had better not be cr*p after all this drama.
 GeneralPloKoon
03-15-2009, 3:00 PM
A bummer? That is amazing knews, Pandemic wont be able to ruin the third one! Hopefully Free Radical(Crytek UK) will pick it up again. I'm afraid of Rebellion getting their slimy hands on the game.
 LordJhredmo
03-15-2009, 4:35 PM
 jawathehutt
03-16-2009, 12:21 AM
If pandemic and rebellion arent doing it and its still being developed, than there just may be hope that it wont totally blow.
 LordJhredmo
03-16-2009, 2:32 AM
Well, I'm glad to have helped provide some info. Let's hope for the best...
 Bokken
03-16-2009, 10:04 AM
So Rebellion and Pandemic, the two who seemed most likely, aren't doing it. Are there any other really decent developers who won't butcher it?
 GeneralPloKoon
03-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Free Radical wont butcher it...
 Bokken
03-17-2009, 8:44 AM
Free Radical went under. They're probably not doing it anymore.
 GeneralPloKoon
03-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Free Radical went under. They're probably not doing it anymore.
Free Radical became Crytek UK, LA might give it back to them.
 LordJhredmo
03-17-2009, 1:00 PM
Let's hope, General.
 Bokken
03-17-2009, 5:31 PM
True, but I don't have my hopes up. FR actually had a good game in development, but there's no telling what might happen now.
 GeneralPloKoon
03-18-2009, 12:16 AM
I wonder how much different Star Wars games would be WITHOUT Lucasarts in control.
 M@RS
03-18-2009, 1:21 AM
I wonder how much different Star Wars games would be WITHOUT Lucasarts in control.

They'd be really good...
 TSR
03-18-2009, 5:10 AM
It is LA...

With that in mind, let's think.
 shukkoku
03-18-2009, 8:44 PM
I think our best bet is if Free radical took the project back, with crytech and all
 LordJhredmo
03-18-2009, 9:18 PM
It is LA -LordJhredmo

With that in mind, let's think.

To TSR/shukkoku: Agreed, considering the circumstances. :D
 Bokken
03-19-2009, 12:26 PM
If that's true, then the hope of a good game might not be completely lost. Maybe we'll also get back the land-to-space tech.
 joesdomain
03-19-2009, 9:14 PM
I had no problems with Pandemic other than Battlefront II added to much new stuff that was not in the 6 movies. Those Republic and Empire Tanks were a stupid addition. Almost starting to look like a military/futuristic sci-fiction war game with those. Definitely ruined it. I was expecting AT-AT, AT-ST, Probots, Imperial Speeder Bikes, etc. for ground battles. PS2 graphics were about what I was expecting. I would think any new battlefront series game for PS3 would have superior graphics similar or better than The Force Unleashed.
 LordJhredmo
03-20-2009, 12:59 AM
I had no problems with Pandemic other than Battlefront II added to much new stuff that was not in the 6 movies. Those Republic and Empire Tanks were a stupid addition. Almost starting to look like a military/futuristic sci-fiction war game with those. Definitely ruined it. I was expecting AT-AT, AT-ST, Probots, Imperial Speeder Bikes, etc. for ground battles. PS2 graphics were about what I was expecting. I would think any new battlefront series game for PS3 would have superior graphics similar or better than The Force Unleashed.

What is Star Wars and Star Wars themed games other than a military/futuristic sci-fi war game/genre?...

They had what you wanted, other than Probots, which wouldn't really be that great, unless they somehow called in a Probot instead of recon droid? It still doesn't work.

What you said, joe, is what they did... so... what are you saying?

-Evix
 Bokken
03-20-2009, 9:08 AM
Almost starting to look like a military/futuristic sci-fiction war game with those.

No, Jhredmo, you've got it wall wrong. After all, the movies did take place

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

If you think that they can actually make a series of games using the original content only, then maybe you should do a little research. If they do what you say, then we'll just end up with a repeat of SWBFI & II with better graphics. Thanks, but no thanks.
 LordJhredmo
03-20-2009, 11:25 AM
No, Jhredmo, you've got it wall wrong. After all, the movies did take place

If you think that they can actually make a series of games using the original content only, then maybe you should do a little research. If they do what you say, then we'll just end up with a repeat of SWBFI & II with better graphics. Thanks, but no thanks.

What do you mean, "I've got it w(all) wrong" ?

You're saying the movies aren't military/futuristic? Okay... in appearance. You know the only time they compare times is during the intro, but other than that, it's completely ahead of us in technology, so it is, for lack of a better word, futuristic. I think we can handle just using that term, unless you have a better alternative. You don't need to correct me. I've seen a couple of the movies...

(I'm so sorry I used the word futuristic. I'll just say ancient. Does that work better for you, bokken?)

Also, who is your last two sentences directed at? If it's me, you've lost me there. Though I think you're talking about/to joe, I agree, regardless.
 Bokken
03-20-2009, 6:34 PM
lol the Long time Ago quote was kind of a joke, and the last 2 sentences were @ Joe.
 LordJhredmo
03-20-2009, 6:45 PM
Then what do you mean by, "I've got it (w)all wrong" ?
 joesdomain
03-20-2009, 9:22 PM
I meant the vehicles and starships that were designed for the previous battlefront games that were not in the movies were terrible looking and did not look like star wars vehicles in my opnion. They look like vehicles of today in design. The whole Republic and Empire tanks is what tees me off especially replacing the AT-ST Walkers that were in Yavin 4 maps in Battlefront 1 with Tanks in Battlefront 2. At least the AT-XT and AT-PT Walkers from other EU material looked star wars style and design.
 Bokken
03-20-2009, 10:38 PM
Then what do you mean by, "I've got it (w)all wrong" ?

It's called a typo :D
It's not in the future, it's a long time ago, so you've got it all wrong...humor, Jhredmo, humor. Or has your time on LF made the concept of the joke a trifle redundant?
 Will O' The Wisq
03-21-2009, 10:50 AM
If they give the game back to Free Radical Aka. Crytek UK we can atleast get the fly from the ground to space because that technology stayed in Free Radical and wasn't handed over to the next developer so there's still hope.
 LordJhredmo
03-21-2009, 7:28 PM
I didn't get the humour, bokken, and I still don't, but no, it hasn't become redundant. (Love your quote, by the way. Mind adding the author's name to the end? :))

Let's just keep our eyes open and hope, eh?
 Darth Eclipse
04-28-2009, 6:33 PM
They'd be really good...

Blasphemy!
 Jediking12
04-29-2009, 11:45 AM
I like Padmemic because they had sweet graphics unlike Rebellion or whoever made RS
 LordOfTheFish
04-29-2009, 12:02 PM
I could care less about the graphics, I want good game play, and more depth than BFII.
 Bokken
04-29-2009, 6:37 PM
The graphics weren't even that great, if you compare something that fans made (1.3 Patch)to what the actual developers made. There have been worse tragedies than games with bad graphics.
 LordOfTheFish
04-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Precisely. o_Q
 M@RS
04-30-2009, 10:33 PM
Blasphemy!
:¬:

I like Padmemic because they had sweet graphics unlike Rebellion or whoever made RS
Sweet Graphics? ^ Is this a joke? Look at the latest Pandemic game, LOTR: Conquest. While it is a fun game I enjoy playing, the graphics are not nearly up to par with older games like COD4, Crysis, and plenty others. Pandemic has never really made any games with breathtaking technology.
Page: 1 of 1