Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Rebuilding the Jedi Enclave

Page: 1 of 1
 jinger
02-25-2009, 7:42 PM
Hello :) Here's what I've been up to lately.
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Rebuilding_the_Jedi_Enclave;98081)

It's an improvement on the showdown between Kreia and the Jedi Council in the ruins of the Jedi Enclave. I have restored some lines with a number of party members (Visas, the Handmaiden, or the Disciple) interacting with Kreia while the Exile speaks with the masters. The sequence with the masters is different in that Kreia now speaks to the Jedi before killing them, and I also changed the killing scene to mirror the Exile's display, which you normally get to see only if you go dark side. I have also restored some lines with the Exile hearing the thoughts of Visas and the Handmaiden, and later Mira and Bao-Dur for the light side scenario. For the dark side, the Exile hears Visas speaking about Nihilus, and the Disciple, who ponders the blame for her reported loss. Bao-Dur, Mira, Visas Marr and the Disciple can be seen in little spots of the Ebon Hawk that I have added to the layout of the enclave for cutscene purposes. There is also some content from the Ebon Hawk which was seemingly supposed to take place concurrently with these events, in which the Disciple has just learned that the Republic is under attack, but the Exile is also in danger and he must make a choice between the two. Visas has a premonition on the Ebon Hawk and runs to the enclave, where she confronts Kreia in a bad moment (the masters are getting to the point in their conversation with the Exile) and Kreia Force chokes her into unconsciousness. The Handmaiden makes her entrance in the beginning, as soon as the masters greet the Exile, and speaks with Kreia. After she comes out of the council chamber, Kreia admits to her that she's one of the Sith, and they leave. If you did kill any masters, the confrontation with Kreia will now be much longer, but if you killed all of them I had her walk right into the council chamber, skipping the part in which she tells you that the council is waiting for you and that you can totally trust her, for that seemed pointless to me, since she knows the masters have been slain. I have restored much of Kreia's long rant about Force bonds and other important stuff, and the part in which she stabs herself instead of Force draining the Exile, which seemd kind of a nonsense to me anyway, that Kreia would be able to do that to the Exile when Darth Nihilus can't. I also made a few bug fixes for this area, and for the models of Kreia and the Handmaiden. This will change the appearance of the Handmaiden's sisters in the academy on Telos, because now they won't use the same appearance as the party member anymore.

-The journal entries for the dark side scenarios were reversed.
-Kreia's hood wouldn't stay down in the conversation with the Jedi Masters.
-There was a line spoken by Zez-Kai Ell with Kavar's voice.
-The conversation with the masters used to abort when asking them if they believe that the actual threat to the Jedi is you.
-In the courtyard, Kreia used to sit on an empty spot instead of the stone base she reaches out for during the scene.
-Kreia's hand had a green tint to it after Peragus, now it looks like skin again.
-With her garments on, the braids of the Handmaiden weren't visible, and she looked just the same as her sisters.

http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/68/files2/98081_1.jpghttp://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/68/files2/98081_2.jpghttp://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/68/files2/98081_3.jpghttp://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/68/files2/98081_4.jpghttp://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/68/files2/98081_5.jpg)

The mod is also featured in these two videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VvS5MLnG0Y)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EtByaOxiwE)
 jrrtoken
02-25-2009, 9:12 PM
Brilliance does not convey how great of a mod this is; this has left me speechless. You have taken one of the best scenes in KotOR II, and seemingly enhanced it to a much higher degree. The faux-seppeku with Kreia is just too awesome to really put in words.

I jsut have one question: Were all of the music cues present in your mod, or are they just after-effects added only in your videos?
 HK-42
02-25-2009, 9:26 PM
Looks good I downloaded it. Sadly no compatibility with Vash from the Droid Planet mod, Im going to kill her anyway, so no problem :D.
 Pikmin
02-25-2009, 9:27 PM
Sweet. So the stab animation does work on Kreia!!!! AWESOME!!!!! Oldflash said it wouldn't this reassured my confidence.
 DarthStoney
02-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Looks good I downloaded it. Sadly no compatibility with Vash from the Droid Planet mod, Im going to kill her anyway, so no problem :D.

Don't worry M478EP "will" be made compatible with this amazing mod.
 Zerimar Nyliram
02-25-2009, 10:58 PM
I just watched the videos and... wow. Just wow.

I would download this, but I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it possible that you could work on an updated version that would be compatible with the M4-78 mod (with Vash present) and the Ultimate Saber Mod?

2. Did you cut out all of the player's dialogue interactions, thus turning the entire thing into a series of long-winded monologues; or did you simply edit them out of the videos for the sake of fluidity?
 Xarwarz
02-25-2009, 11:23 PM
interesting addition
 SpaceAlex
02-26-2009, 2:41 AM
They look like excellent additions - I'm gonna have to check them out.
 Daulmakan
02-26-2009, 5:00 AM
Downloaded. :D
 jinger
02-26-2009, 5:11 AM
Brilliance does not convey how great of a mod this is; this has left me speechless. You have taken one of the best scenes in KotOR II, and seemingly enhanced it to a much higher degree. The faux-seppeku with Kreia is just too awesome to really put in words.Thank you very much :) Although I've had this stuff for some time in my game folders, this makes it worth the time I spent packing the mod. As for the music you hear in the videos, no, that's not part of the mod; just like the lack of player responses, it's for cinematic purposes. The sounds made by Kreia's lightsaber and the Exile are included, but not the music.Sadly no compatibility with Vash from the Droid Planet modNo, I didn't bother with that. I don't mean any disrespect, but no matter what they've done with Vash, I don't see what real content could they have to speak of. Vash was dropped early enough that she has no lines in the enclave sequence, as far as I know, and the conversation she was supposed to have with the Exile, well, it's something I probably would have cut too, at least partially.Sweet. So the stab animation does work on Kreia!!!! AWESOME!!!!! Oldflash said it wouldn't this reassured my confidence.Just use the appearance I made for that part and you'll be fine.Is it possible that you could work on an updated version that would be compatible with the M4-78 mod (with Vash present) and the Ultimate Saber Mod?What does the Ultimate Saber Mod do? As for Vash, no, I don't like the idea of having her in the Jedi Enclave. She has no lines.
 Rtas Vadum
02-26-2009, 6:37 AM
What does the Ultimate Saber Mod do?

The only changes it makes to the Enclave is allowing you to get Kavar's, Vrook's, and Zez's lightsabers(ones that USM adds to the game as the character's lightsaber) if you didn't kill any of them previously.
 jinger
02-26-2009, 7:16 AM
Then no, but it's easily fixed: you just need to add the item resref's to the inventory of the three invisible placeables that appear on the bodies in the end. The file names are:
deadkavar.utp
deadvrook.utp
deadzez.utp
 Pavlos
02-26-2009, 8:06 AM
http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/68/files2/98081_1.jpg)
Nice reinforcement of the visual rhyme (hairstyles) between Kreia and the Handmaiden there. I like the contast between the dark and hooded Kreia and the hoodless Handmaiden -- nice touch.
 Pikmin
02-26-2009, 9:30 AM
Hmm, while it is nice to see the contrast between the two, both TSLCR and TSLRP have her spawn in wearing her equipped clothes(i.e. robes...)

I guess trying to make a climatic suprise for Kreia's stab in TSLCR won't happen now will it? Still great mod, lol this is the second time something has been released that mirrors almost exactly TSLCR content.
 SpaceAlex
02-26-2009, 9:31 AM
I assume that the only thing you changed in 262TEL is the appearance of the Handmaiden sisters, correct? I'm asking because I've made some modifications to that module myself, which I would naturally like to keep. :D
 jinger
02-26-2009, 2:35 PM
The Handmaiden does spawn with her equipped clothes/robes/armor, weapons, and mask, if that's how you keep your party members. If there is no hood in her current body variation then the animation just doesn't play, it's no big deal.I assume that the only thing you changed in 262TEL is the appearance of the Handmaiden sisters, correct?Correct :)
 Zerimar Nyliram
02-26-2009, 4:07 PM
Vash does indeed have dialogue in that scene. I watched video on YouTube of it last night. But if DSTONEY642000 said that s/he plans to make his/her own mod compatible with yours (sorry, DSTONEY64200, but I don't know what your gender is :() then I guess you don't have to worry about it.

Yeah, the Ultimate Saber Mod is a massively popular mod (probably one of the most popular mods on the web for this game) that many other mods have gone out of their way to ensure compatibility with, including most of the major restoration projects.
 Pikmin
02-26-2009, 6:52 PM
It was dialog that DSTONEY spliced/took from Vash's meeting the with exile. (DS is a he.)

I will be including a USM patch in TSLCR, so Kreia will stab herself with her walking stick saber.
 Star Admiral
02-27-2009, 9:10 PM
Great mod, really like the fixes/enhancements you made. :)

I have a question. Is it possible to install the mod simply by copying the 650DAN.mod into my Modules folder? I already have a mod that changes the appearance of the Handmaiden that I really like, and I would hate to have it replaced.

Thanks!

EDIT: It worked. Look forward to seeing more of your mods!

- Star Admiral
 jinger
02-27-2009, 9:42 PM
Thanks to you for the appreciation. I had thought maybe making separate mods for Carth and the Battle of Telos wasn't such a good idea, because by the looks of it most chose to get them both, so I didn't do the same this time :xp: Doh. Anyway, I have yet to take a look at all the features of TSLPatcher and I'm not sure if you can make a custom setup, but I don't think so. You can do this:
-Backup your p_handmaidenbb and p_handmaidenbd files (mdl and mdx)
-Install the mod
-Then overwrite the installed models with your backup copies
-Do the same trick in your modules folder with 262TEL.mod or simply remove it if you didn't have that file before the installation

Hope that helps
 Pikmin
02-27-2009, 10:12 PM
How did you get Kreia to sit on the stone? I can't figure it out.
 Emperor Devon
02-28-2009, 12:47 PM
As always, excellent new additions.
 HK-42
02-28-2009, 8:07 PM
Jinger, I got a bug. When I went to the Academy the cutscenses stopped launching. I removed the module and it worked again. Maybe it was just me.
 jinger
02-28-2009, 8:18 PM
It may have something to do with files in your override folder overriding the ones in the module. You can easily find out if that's the case: rename your override folder to "oldoverride" and create a new override folder, install the mod, and see if that happens again. If it does, then the mod is not compatible with the others you have installed.
 HK-42
02-28-2009, 8:29 PM
It may have something to do with files in your override folder overriding the ones in the module. You can easily find out if that's the case: rename your override folder to "oldoverride" and create a new override folder, install the mod, and see if that happens again. If it does, then the mod is not compatible with the others you have installed.

Ah well, too late now, I passed the spot when I fixed it. It was just an appearence anyway.
 The Betrayer
02-28-2009, 9:04 PM
Is this compatible with your "The Battle of Telos" mod?
 DarthYuugi
03-01-2009, 1:48 PM
Just wanted to say how awsome this mod is

I Love this mod

Great Job !
 jinger
03-02-2009, 2:54 AM
All the mods I've released should be compatible with anything that does not involve the same modules, the Battle of Telos mod only affects 222TEL.mod so it is compatible. This mod also affects 262TEL.mod but it should be compatible with any mods involving the area because it only changes the appearance of the Handmaidens, it does not replace the module.
 GeorgNihilus
03-07-2009, 11:19 PM
This deserves a permanent installation it seems :) ... problem is I've already edited many of the 650DAN module files and dialogs damn :( ... anyway, I'm interested to see what have you done with the handsisters appearance, can I see them just copying to Override the p_handsisterbd.mdl/mdx and p_handsisterbb.mdl/mdx plus some -or all- of the sisters' utcs? without copying the whole Telos module?

thanks for this great job ... anyway I'm gonna 'steal' you some of those addittional spoken lines you know (Visas, Kreia, etc) :D
 jinger
03-08-2009, 7:13 AM
I'm interested to see what have you done with the handsisters appearance, can I see them just copying to Override the p_handsisterbd.mdl/mdx and p_handsisterbb.mdl/mdx plus some -or all- of the sisters' utcs? without copying the whole Telos module?If you already have a 262TEL.mod file in your modules folder, don't worry, you won't lose anything, quite the contrary, you would have problems if you didn't have that file. When I packed the mod, I had to make a clean copy of the original module file. The unmodified 262TEL.mod is fed to TSLPatcher, which applies the due changes and dumps it in the modules folder. Problem is I didn't extract everything, it seems I forgot to extract dialogs :xp: I'm trying to get a staff member to replace that file in the mod that is already online, if possible, since it's just a clean copy of the unmodified original module. In the meantime, as long as you don't let TSLPatcher use the incomplete mod file, you'll be fine, just use KotorTool to extract 262TEL.mod and put it in your modules folder before installing, and don't forget to extract all of it.
 ajlbibak
03-08-2009, 3:04 PM
I just tryed to install the mod and got this error:

• Modifying GFF file p_handmaiden013.utc...
• Finished updating GFF file "p_handmaiden013.utc" in "Modules\262TEL.mod"...
• Error: Unhandled exception: Cannot create file "D:\K2\Rebuilding the Jedi Enclave\262tel_tmp\invisible001.utp". Access denied (0)

Can anyone help me?
 DarthParametric
03-08-2009, 3:39 PM
Right click on your install directory (D:\K2\ by the looks) and uncheck Read Only. Tell it to apply to all files and sub-folders when it asks.
 ajlbibak
03-08-2009, 3:55 PM
It worked, thank you.
 A_Dead_Jedi
03-11-2009, 12:48 AM
I've been really digging this! Great job.
Page: 1 of 1