Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Making Walkmeshes

Page: 1 of 1
 HK-42
02-07-2009, 6:28 PM
Hey, Is there any way some one can tell me how to make walkmeshes for placeables, and can I do it in gmax? I need a rectangle one, so I dont think it would be too hard.
 Marius Fett
02-07-2009, 6:53 PM
We can't make our own walkmeshes for placeables yet.

The're a bit different to area walkmeshes.

You can edit existing ones though. There's a thread on it around here somewhere...

I'll try and find it for you. :)

Edit:

Bingo.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=175205)

:)
 glovemaster
02-07-2009, 7:38 PM
I had always thought the PWK/DWK exporter in KotOR tool had worked? Its just a speculation but its worth a shot.

When we had a look over walkmeshes with Team Jawa we had tried using the binary walkmeshes for placeables to create area walkmeshes. Obviously we had no success :p IIRC you need to add a dummy to your model and apply the "AuroraPlaceable/Door" modifier to it, then link it to the base node. Then I think you need to link the walkmesh to that dummy and export your model.

Its something along those lines. I'd give it a try.
 Marius Fett
02-07-2009, 8:03 PM
^And that works for placeables?

I shall attempt that. ;)

Edit: Gave it a go. As always, my PC walks through the placeable...
 HK-42
02-07-2009, 8:37 PM

I shall attempt that. ;)

Eh I got lost on the tut after awhile. I might try not making the grave accessible. But then I would have to find another way to get the things inside.
 glovemaster
02-08-2009, 8:14 AM

I shall attempt that. ;)

Well I had an experiment and threw together this if you want to have a go: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2586289)

Hope that helps :)
 Marius Fett
02-08-2009, 8:19 AM
Ah, that explains why it didn't work...

I didn't do the PWK Editor part. :p
Page: 1 of 1