Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Influence Modification for KotOR I (Code name: INFm-K1)

Page: 1 of 1
 LadyRevan
01-25-2009, 3:36 AM
Hi, everyone! Just wanted to announce that I'm starting up a new modding project that I like to call INFm-K1 or the "Influence Modification for KotOR 1." I know... I know.... everyone's saying to themselves "how?" well it's a little complicated but it can be done, it may not be as good as the influence system that was implicated in KotOR 2 but for all intensive purposes it will work similarly and in fact do pretty much the same thing. :D

Okay, here's a breakdown for what I have planned for this mod and what I've done to make it happen so far...

~What I have Planned...~

The ability for your character to gain influence with other characters and lose it if not careful.
The ability for ALL party members to follow our character in going to the lightside of the force or the darkside.
The ability for all party members, WHO ARE ABLE, to become Jedi.
The ability to gain prestige classes for not only the PC but also all of your party for the exception of Zaalbar, HK-47, and T3-M4.
A fix to make you a padawan on Dantooine till you have completed the missions set out for you to complete in your Jedi training.
The adding of new dialog that will flow along with your party whether they're LS or DS.
The adding of DS and LS full transitions to ALL of the party members for the exception of Zaalbar, HK-47, and T3-M4.
And finally the implementing of two new prestige classes, "Jedi Grand Master" and "Darth", note that these may come in as a patch or second version of this modification depending on what I decide to do.

~Whats been done...~

Prestige classes
Full DS transitions

This modifications from my view, considering I haven't put all the technical stuff out here for everyone to view, is well under way. I started it early this morning and I have a pretty good amount of stuff that I needed to do done. This modification will take some time though cause I only plan on doing it when I have nothing else to do or when I feel like it. So with all of that being said I'll leave the thread open for everyone to ask me questions ad what not about the modification. :D

Oh before I put this out, just to let you all know, I'm not like other modders who want to keep everything tip top secret.... I want you guys to see this as it unfolds and becomes the modification that you'll eventually be playing... so I WILL be putting out video updates and betas for the public, you guys, to try out and to tell me how you like it... this will however be when the modification is further into development cause right now I highly doubt that you'd be very interested, with the exception of the DS transitions, in what I've done. So anyway... enjoy... talk.... and anticipate. :D

1/31/09 Edit/Update:

Available positions for the modification:

Modeling

Contact me via PM if you are interested...

*Positions will be available when the position is needed and the opportunities are on a first come first serve basis providing that I see a sample of your work. If you work for me, your name, if you'd like, will be included in the modifications "readme" file and all other accrediting files pertaining to the modification*
 DarthParametric
01-25-2009, 3:44 AM
Ambitious. I'd be very interested to hear what you are doing "under the hood" to pull this off.
 LadyRevan
01-25-2009, 3:53 AM
Ambitious. I'd be very interested to hear what you are doing "under the hood" to pull this off.
Actually I can answer that, lots of globals, lots of dialog editing, and LOTS of scripts that check and cross check each other and the globals to allow for this to work. :)
 Christos K
01-25-2009, 5:08 AM
Hmm this and the KotOR Enhancment Pack will for sure make me reinstall KotOR cheers to you and this sure to be awesome mod.
 Darth Payne
01-25-2009, 8:18 AM
Now this sounds like a very interesting mod.
 Darth_Raptura
01-25-2009, 9:34 PM
how is this possible? I thought new classes were impossible because the classes were hardcoded.
 LadyRevan
01-25-2009, 9:55 PM
how is this possible? I thought new classes were impossible because the classes were hardcoded.

Basically the classes will just be there for show... they'll use the same parameters as one of the other classes, so they'll be more like pseudoclasses. In a patch of this mod or in a later version I'll add some new stuff that only someone who has reached that certain class can use making them more of something that you'd want to obtain to beat the game but for now they're basically for show not blow. :P I may however add some items in the game that specifically the "Jedi Grand Master" and the "Darth" classes can only obtain.... but that will be something that I will have to decide on doing at a later date.
 Darth_Raptura
01-26-2009, 12:28 AM
I understand.

This mod sounds pretty cool. Good luck.
 LadyRevan
01-26-2009, 12:36 AM
I understand.

This mod sounds pretty cool. Good luck.

Thank you. :D

Also I'd like to use this post to make an update on the modification....

Well.... not much has changed.... I didnt get done with anything today... and I'm still working on mission's DS reskin.... which is begin a pain in the butt... Anyway, hopefully I will have more to show tomorrow. :D
 Christos K
01-26-2009, 3:50 AM
Hmm a DarkSide mission. I would love to see a DarkSide Zaalbar the most :p
 darth-me
01-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Sounds good!

I tryed something like this (but less complex, just certain dialogue lines adjusting alignment of party-members), but it failed, I only did DS reskins, then realised what a mess party dialogue is.
 Darth InSidious
01-26-2009, 11:53 AM
New Force-wielding classes can't be added. Sorry.
 Christos K
01-26-2009, 2:48 PM
He already said (correct me if I am wrong) that they arnt really classes but just something that allows you to use certain items, etc.
 LadyRevan
01-26-2009, 10:26 PM
He already said (correct me if I am wrong) that they arnt really classes but just something that allows you to use certain items, etc.
Hehe, well first off I'm a "she" and secondly yes, the classes are for show, and yes Darth InSidious, you are correct in saying that it is impossible to add new force wielding classes... BUT you can make force powers that are specific to one class type if I'm not mistaken... and if you can't I've got other ideas that would be able to do the trick. ;)
 dead1486
01-26-2009, 10:59 PM
This sounds amazing. Two of my favourite things from TSL were Jedification and influence. Good luck!
 Det. Bart Lasiter
01-26-2009, 11:11 PM
i have had tea parties with suigintou on several occasions and i must say she has fabulous hair but i liked her overall look before she got the implants
 LadyRevan
01-26-2009, 11:19 PM
This sounds amazing. Two of my favourite things from TSL were Jedification and influence. Good luck!
Actually they we're mine two that is why I undertook this modification. :P Thank you. :D
i have had tea parties with suigintou on several occasions and i must say she has fabulous hair but i liked her overall look before she got the implants
Hehe, Suigintou is actually my favorite Rozen maiden... all the others seemed too... I dunno.... prissy... Especially Hina Ichigo and Shinku. :P It is nice to meet another Rozen Maiden fan though... there are so few of us in the world. :D
Hmm a DarkSide mission. I would love to see a DarkSide Zaalbar the most :p
I should have addressed this earlier but I guess I forgot, Wookie's if I'm not mistaken, in the game, even in KotOR 2 don't have DS transitions. In the spirit of the game I'm likely to leave it that way, I may make Zaalbar's portrait look different when he goes DS but thats about it. Also, T3-M4 and HK-47 will not have DS transitions either considering they are driods and as far as I know the darkside really can't corrupt a mechanized body... well maybe give it some bad rust spots... but thats nothin' a little WD-40 wouldnt fix. :p Anyway, I hope this is not a let down to those who were under the impression that there we're going to be DS transitions for those characters, sorry guys.

I MAY however do DS transitions for them.... in a patch... and this is a big MAY, it all depends on if I feel it'd be nesscessary for the modification after it has been out for a little while.

Again, sorry for the mix up everyone, it truly did escape my mind.
 Allronix
01-27-2009, 1:31 AM
I already sent a PM, but feel free to make use of my dialogue pack.
 Christos K
01-27-2009, 5:46 AM
Hehe, well first off I'm a "she" and secondly yes, the classes are for show, and yes Darth InSidious, you are correct in saying that it is impossible to add new force wielding classes... BUT you can make force powers that are specific to one class type if I'm not mistaken... and if you can't I've got other ideas that would be able to do the trick. ;)

Sorry about that. Now I know that you are a she hehe... And about the Zaalbar thing. I kind of meant more about how he would act and all. Perhaps you could make his hair greyer. For example Hanharr in KotOR 2 had hair that seemed more grey than Zaalbar's hair if you know what I mean.
 LadyRevan
01-27-2009, 9:35 AM
Sorry about that. Now I know that you are a she hehe... And about the Zaalbar thing. I kind of meant more about how he would act and all. Perhaps you could make his hair greyer. For example Hanharr in KotOR 2 had hair that seemed more grey than Zaalbar's hair if you know what I mean.
Hehe. Well yeah, Zaalbar will act much darker and have more of an evil outlook on life due to his changes, that will be a definite. :D Actually I think I'll probably just keep him the same considering a dark angry wookie is a dark angry wookie... no matter what color his fur is. ;)
 Christos K
01-28-2009, 9:40 AM
Perhaps. Maybe on Kashyyk he could act more on the revengful side against Chuundar and Freyer.
 Darth Payne
01-28-2009, 10:14 AM
Wouldn't that mean him automatically taking the DS path there?

That would take some dlg editing.
 Christos K
01-29-2009, 9:53 AM
I am not sure can you kill both Chuundar and Freyer? If so than yah I guess so... Well perhaps there can be something darker MUAHAHAHA
 LadyRevan
01-30-2009, 2:20 AM
Update:

I guess it's probably time for yet another update...

This time I can safely say that I do have something to show everyone. For the last couple of days I've been working on the DS transitions for the party and I've got all of them almost completely done for the exception of three of them, Jolee, Juhani, and Mission, they're very close to being complete but they're not done. Anywho... on to the big news, what I have completed, I've started to make DS transitions portraits for; Bastila, happens to be the first. Before I show you this let me warn you... these take a LONG time to make cause I make them using Gmax instead of just taking them in the game, so I have to position the meshes and get them all looking good before I can take the picture, not to mention I have to put the backgound behind them before I can do that... so it takes LOTS of time like I've stated, so don't expect to see me post a bunch of them in a short amount of time...

Bastila:
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/3047/bastiladsstripyz3.png)

Now besides the DS transitions and portraits... I've also been working on the coding for the modification and I do have some really good starts on the coding that will make the influence and giving your party the oppourtunities to learn the force possible. So those are starting to take shape.

I'm figuring probably the update after next I'll have a movie preview for everyone to see, so look foreward to it. :) Hopefully in a little while I'll have a beta so everyone can give it a go. ;)
 HdVaderII
01-30-2009, 9:28 AM
Sounds great!
 Christos K
01-30-2009, 9:45 AM
good job so far I like the one 2nd from last the most. She has someone "niceness" left in her in that one hehehe :p
 LadyRevan
01-31-2009, 9:40 PM
Okay, I'm gonna put out a small update for now...

I've been having ungodly problems with mission's reskin because of the way the developers made her head... it makes it VERY hard to reskin DS transitions for her. So earlier on today I figured that out and decided to use a female twilek head to replace hers cause there was just no way I was gonna be able to get the DS transition skins right without extensive modeling capabilities, which I sorely lack. After reskinning all day, literally, I came with this... which I'm not satisfied with...

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/4662/mission1rg0.png)
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3577/missiondlz1.png)

This is really getting to me cause all of the other reskins were pretty easy and took 15-20 minutes to make depending on the character, some took 30, this one though has really just beaten me. SO I'm gonna say this, in the spirit of the modification and to keep this game looking good and similar to its original look, I need someone who can model, specifically heads, I need someone to do some serious modeling to either fix mission's original head to make it work properly (that is, having the head use only the head skin instead of the head skin and body skin) OR someone that can make what I just did look fairly close to exactly like mission's original head. So if anyone is interested in undertaking this task for me I'd appreciate it, and know that if you do you've made my life 1,000,000,000 times easier.
 Christos K
02-01-2009, 2:17 AM
Not to be an ass or anything but I would prefer if Mission stayed the same as the normal twilek skin/model has no "life" in it. If perhaps Mission just needs to get greyer as she turns darker. That is much simpler and it can keep the same Mission model. Than again your mod your decission dont let any of us get in your way.
 LadyRevan
02-01-2009, 2:48 AM
Not to be an ass or anything but I would prefer if Mission stayed the same as the normal twilek skin/model has no "life" in it. If perhaps Mission just needs to get greyer as she turns darker. That is much simpler and it can keep the same Mission model. Than again your mod your decission dont let any of us get in your way.
I agree actually, though I'd rather make her DS transitions better and keep the same model. That is why I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to help me out with it. :D
 DarthParametric
02-01-2009, 4:51 AM
It's not modelling skills you need. You need someone to remap the default Mission head, or at least tweak the map enough to squeeze the lekku onto the main texture. To be honest though, having it split across two textures shouldn't really make that much of a difference, unless you are trying to do some sort of crazy tattoos that the mapping makes difficult because of distortion or the like. I'm not seeing anything in the above pics that you shouldn't be able to do on the default Mission head tex.
 SpaceAlex
02-01-2009, 10:13 AM
It's not modelling skills you need. You need someone to remap the default Mission head, or at least tweak the map enough to squeeze the lekku onto the main texture. To be honest though, having it split across two textures shouldn't really make that much of a difference, unless you are trying to do some sort of crazy tattoos that the mapping makes difficult because of distortion or the like. I'm not seeing anything in the above pics that you shouldn't be able to do on the default Mission head tex.

I agree with this - you really don't have to change the color of her lekku.
 Christos K
02-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Either way I hope this doesnt stall your mod. Keep up the good work. Perhaps someone has helped you or will help you with this problem.
 DarthYuugi
03-02-2009, 12:52 PM
Sound's Very Very Intresting

Good Idead LR
 Ferc Kast
03-02-2009, 2:21 PM
This is really getting to me cause all of the other reskins were pretty easy and took 15-20 minutes to make depending on the character, some took 30, this one though has really just beaten me. SO I'm gonna say this, in the spirit of the modification and to keep this game looking good and similar to its original look, I need someone who can model, specifically heads, I need someone to do some serious modeling to either fix mission's original head to make it work properly (that is, having the head use only the head skin instead of the head skin and body skin) OR someone that can make what I just did look fairly close to exactly like mission's original head. So if anyone is interested in undertaking this task for me I'd appreciate it, and know that if you do you've made my life 1,000,000,000 times easier.

You mean something like this (http://g.imagehost.org/0759/mission_render.jpg)?) I did it for an unreleased mod, though I still need to fix only the eyebrows. If you're interested, PM me. :)
 Darth_Calo
03-04-2009, 5:22 PM
there is a mod on filefront that makes Mission look evil, something like "Mission Vao as Darth Talon", it was reviewed jonathan7. just putting it out there. of course, you'd have to ask his permission first.

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that it was made by DarthParametric and nineball; all the same it could be useful, if he/they give permission of course.
 TriggerGod
03-04-2009, 5:27 PM
there is a mod on filefront that makes Mission look evil, something like "Mission Vao as Darth Talon", it was made by jonathan7. just putting it out there. of course, you'd have to ask his permission first.

you are thinking of this mod (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Mission_Vao_as_Darth_Talon;94765), no? If so, J7 just reviewed that mod. DarthParametric made that mod, but the credits really go to nineball for the original skin.
 Drewton
03-04-2009, 9:17 PM
If this is done right, this will be one of the best mods for KOTOR. Definitely in the top 5. I thought about doing this one time before but it was too daunting for me.
 Apprentice_Greenwood
04-22-2009, 4:31 PM
This sounds absolutely brilliant LadyRevan, I look forward to it with great anticipation.

Snipped part of post that was PM material.

FYI to all, Posts asking for updates are Private message (PM) material, and are considered spam here. Thanks. -RH
 dholm
04-23-2009, 4:08 PM
Very interesting.

As for "new classes", well, that might not be possible... but you CAN add abilities through scripts, right? Assuming one would access a "new class" through dialog, one could add new abilities then instead of changing the class. (And if the current class can be renamed or something similar, that should be done at the same time, obviously.)

In the end, classes are simply scripts that give abilities whenever you level up. Adding abilities through dialog is pretty much the same thing in the end. I'm also sure there's scripting language for determining levels -- so you could even make sure they only get the abilities when they are supposed to (though again, would have to make it through some sort of dialog).
 RedHawke
04-24-2009, 3:32 AM
but you CAN add abilities through scripts, right?
Not in KotOR I unfortunately, those functions were added for KotOR II.
 Queen of Night
04-24-2009, 4:44 AM
Good Luck. The Work is very cool.

Oh good, i will see Carth with the Darkside-Influence. (hehe)
 Demongo
04-24-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm looking forward to this mod:)
Good luck with it!
 WraithPrince
04-24-2009, 11:55 AM
If any of you havn't noticed the thread starter hasn't posted in like 2 months.
Page: 1 of 1