Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Playable Yavin IV

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth_Andrez
01-23-2009, 6:22 AM
I thought since yavin isn't playable in kotor 1 I'd make some re-skinned and maybe newly modeled modules.

How to get there:when you arrive on the space station orbiting yavin IV there Will be added dialog with the alien on the station the added dialog will be about going to the planets surface, At first he will refuse to let you use his shuttle to get there but after arguing and negotiating he will agree and you will warp to the planets surface but your ship crashes on the planets surface and you have to find means of getting back.

Things to do on the planet: There will be numerous quests merchants and new items on the planet and I'm hoping for a recruit-able NPC.

Planet activeness: You will find a squadron of republic elite soldier's who have been stuck on the planet for almost 4 years without a ship to return home, They were dispatched there to find out information on how Revans army is becoming so powerful and large, They will explain that they found a Sith enclave deeper into the planet and some of there men have been taken captive by the Sith, The main quest will be able to go two ways, Light or dark, You will be able to help them get their men back and find a shuttle, Or you can join the sith and betray the republic soldiers by killing them or taking the rest captive, The sith will offer you credits,items and a shuttle.

Help with the mod: I will be looking for help with the mod So if your intrested in helping with anything PM me or ask in this thread.

I'll keep you guys posted
 Yatsookey
01-23-2009, 6:47 AM
there already is a yavin IV mod sorry to dissapoint but if you attemted creation of this mod it may be viewed as plagiarism due to the fact it launches much like the way you want yours to launch

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Yavin_IV;87707)
 Marius Fett
01-23-2009, 10:37 AM
^No, it's not plagiarism. :)

As long as Darth_Andrez doesn't use any of the files from Master Zionosis and DK's mod, he's fine.

Just because it's been done before, it doesn't mean someone else can't attempt it in a different way. :)

That being said, the current Yavin IV is quite popular, so making another doesn't really make sense.

Perhaps try for another planet, but there's no chance of getting into trouble doing Yavin AFAIK, as long as you don't use any files from the other mod without permission. :)

Either way, good luck. :thumbsup:
 xrefusex
01-23-2009, 10:46 AM
Furthermore, that other mod also reskins and reuses in-game modules, like you propose. I have feeling there is another team working on an original Yavin IV mod, elsewhere in the forum.
 Marius Fett
01-23-2009, 11:49 AM
^Exile007 and I (though I haven't really done anything) are making it for TSL.

Don't know if that's what you mean?

Otherwise, you probably mean the mod linked to earlier. :)
 Blix
01-23-2009, 5:38 PM
Sounds cool, I was disappointed by what little the Yavin station had to offer in the PC version. Mods made it loads better anyway ;)
 Exile007
01-23-2009, 6:09 PM
^Exile007 and I (though I haven't really done anything) are making it for TSL.

Don't know if that's what you mean?

Otherwise, you probably mean the mod linked to earlier. :)

Quanon! Don't forget Quanon! Uber new areas... :D

As for the topic, I would go for it. I mean, as long as you don't use the same modules etc. Just try to come up with unique ideas. Easier said than done... :p
 zakske
01-24-2009, 10:59 AM
I agree with Exile007, you should proceed with this mod, I'm sure the two mods will be totally different, and I don't see why it would be useless to create your own version.

You have my support!
 Canderis
01-24-2009, 11:03 AM
You could try to get promission to expand the existing yavin mod as then they could be both compatible.
 Darth Payne
01-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Weren't there several temples on Yavin 4?
 Canderis
01-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Weren't there several temples on Yavin 4?

Hundreds if I recall correctly.
Page: 1 of 1