Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help with Baseitems.2da editing

Page: 1 of 1
 TriggerGod
01-16-2009, 5:39 PM
Well, I finally was able to make some changes to baseitems.2da, and was able to make my texture, icon, and such. Now I have a problem. I can't select the new baseitem I made in the uti file. I made the .tlk edits (I don't even know if they are needed :P)

There's not much else I can tell you. If you need more information, I can supply it to you.

Sorry for this noob question, but I haven't had experience with baseitem.2da
 Sithspecter
01-16-2009, 5:46 PM
Well, I finally was able to make some changes to baseitems.2da, and was able to make my texture, icon, and such. Now I have a problem. I can't select the new baseitem I made in the uti file. I made the .tlk edits (I don't even know if they are needed :P)

There's not much else I can tell you. If you need more information, I can supply it to you.

Sorry for this noob question, but I haven't had experience with baseitem.2da
Go to the Kotor Tool Tools menu, the drop down and select options. Go over to the Other tab, and check the Look in Game's Override Folder for 2DA Files box. Then, restart the KT, and you should be able to select your baseitem.
 TriggerGod
01-16-2009, 5:48 PM
Thanks, working properly now.
 Star Admiral
01-16-2009, 5:48 PM
I'll assume that you entered the data in the 2da file correctly. Are you using KT? If you are, check the Other tab in the Options section under the Tools menu. Make sure that the box with "Look the Game's Override folder for 2DA files" is checked.

EDIT: Whoops. Took far too long to post my reply. :xp:

- Star Admiral
 TriggerGod
01-16-2009, 6:00 PM
well, I was able to get it into the game properly, but the model doesn't appear. If it matters, I'm trying to use the sith lord armor, (the one Shem used in one of his mods) but ingame, its the Jedi armor model.
Now I can give a bit more info on whats going on:
in the uti:
body variation: 1
texture variation: 1

File names:
model: pfbs/pmbs (mdl/mdx)
texture: PF(M)BS01
the icon appears normally

As for the 2da file, I copied the Zeison Sha line, and changed the name, itemclass, defaulticon, and reqfeat0 columns. Like I said, this is my first time editing the baseitems.2da file, so its probably a problem with the 2da file.
Page: 1 of 1