Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is the Invisible Pink Unicorn really pink?

Page: 1 of 1
 Achilles
12-23-2008, 7:01 PM
Some argue that it's actually more of a melon color while some argue that it's actually trout. Please discuss.

This thread assumes that the Invisible Pink Unicorn actually exists. Please take any discussion regarding the existence or non-existence to IPU/aIPU thread (once you've started it). Thanks.

EDIT: I just realized I posted this in the wrong place. Could one of the mods please move this to Hot Topics section? Thanks in advance.

Done, because we know the discussion of pinkness, or lack thereof, could possibly become very inflammatory. :D --Jae
 tk102
12-23-2008, 7:12 PM
How can anyone argue that it is not pink? Look at how it's named. How can pink not be pink? Maybe there's not a universal 'pink' in a visible sense, but with invisible objects, it's pretty hard to nail down differences in hue.

Some also argue that being invisible is an attribute that's in contradiction to its pinkness. I think you just have to have faith in its name. It's both invisible and pink. Why can't we just agree on that?
 EnderWiggin
12-23-2008, 7:22 PM
Some argue that it's actually more of a melon color while some argue that it's actually trout. Please discuss.

Obviously the Invisible Pink Unicorn is real, I for one wholeheartedly believe. Oh, and it isn't pink, because it reflects no light (hence, invisible).

Duh, Achilles :xp:

_EW_
 Achilles
12-23-2008, 7:26 PM
Just because it's invisible (and pink) in our limited part of the spectrum of light doesn't mean that it's invisible (or pink) for all. I, for one, am willing to accept it's pinkness on faith and since no one has yet to be able to prove that it isn't invisible, it only makes sense to accept that.
 jrrtoken
12-23-2008, 7:46 PM
Only the Predator can see that it's pink, duh. To the naked eye, it's really just camouflaged, like a chameleon. I though everyone learned this in tenth grade ecology, but it appears some people had more fun daydreaming than learning the wonders of the natural world. o_Q
 Det. Bart Lasiter
12-23-2008, 7:51 PM
i see the invisible pink unicorn as a metaphor for man's inner being, in my mind, it is pink because of this.
 tk102
12-23-2008, 8:13 PM
a metaphor for woman's inner thigh, in my mind, it is pink because of this.That's very thought-provoking Jmac. Hmm.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
12-23-2008, 8:32 PM
That's very thought-provoking Jmac. Hmm.what does the horn represent here tk
 tk102
12-23-2008, 8:43 PM
I don't know, I'm still trying to get past the invisible part. :cry6:
 Det. Bart Lasiter
12-23-2008, 8:51 PM
I don't know, I'm still trying to get past the invisible part. :cry6:heh babby can't handle a little extrasensory input
 Sabretooth
12-23-2008, 9:22 PM
Some argue that it's actually more of a melon color while some argue that it's actually trout.
Sources?
 Jae Onasi
12-23-2008, 9:26 PM
It's a mauvey shade of pinky-russet.
 Litofsky
12-23-2008, 9:31 PM
All hail the GLORIOUS PINK UNICORN

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq319/Admlitofsky/pinkUnicorn.jpg)

Furthermore, I propose that the Invisible Pink Unicorn is, in fact, a misnomer, as the Unicorn is clearly visible.
 CommanderQ
12-24-2008, 2:44 AM
I would think that a more pinkish gold, don't you think? Pinkness must've been its middle name some ought hundred years ago...possibly. Unicorness is obvious as Litfsky pointed out:D
 Web Rider
12-24-2008, 3:53 AM
Since nobody really knows what the color pink looks like, it is clearly not invisible.
 Q
12-24-2008, 6:21 AM
Obviously the Invisible Pink Unicorn is real, I for one wholeheartedly believe. Oh, and it isn't pink, because it reflects no light (hence, invisible).

_EW_
We have a winner! :D
 jawathehutt
12-24-2008, 12:50 PM
I propose it is mouvelous.(its a crayon color in a 64 pack for those of you uneducated in your crayon colors.)
 Rev7
12-24-2008, 2:53 PM

_EW_
QFT :D
 Nedak
12-24-2008, 3:07 PM
I have faith the invisible pink unicorn is real.
 Ray Jones
12-24-2008, 5:05 PM
It's a very light ultraviolet, actually. ^^
 vanir
12-24-2008, 7:17 PM
I thought it was a purple rhinocerous *shrug*
 Sabretooth
12-24-2008, 9:31 PM
Since nobody really knows what the color pink looks like, it is clearly not invisible.
Actually from what I've read, the colour pink does not actually exist. You don't see it on the light spectrum, it's actually "invented" by your brain to fill the gap between red and violet.

Source:
http://www.null-hypothesis.co.uk/science/strange-but-true/profs-probings/colour_spectrum_magenta_complimentary_bizarre)

It can, therefore be interpreted that the Invisible Pink Unicorn does in fact consist of several conflicting shades of red and violet, which are interpreted by the brain as pink or magenta. But since the pink is not really there, it might be said that unicorn is colourless, and hence "invisible" due to a lack of colour.
 Jae Onasi
12-24-2008, 9:43 PM
Pink is just a desaturated red. Since the eye has cones that signal for red (green and blue as well), it's all good.
 jonathan7
12-24-2008, 9:52 PM
 Jae Onasi
12-24-2008, 9:57 PM
You realize, of course, that it can be both pink and invisible at the same time in a very specific situation. For someone who is without vision, the unicorn would indeed be invisible, but it could still be pink just the same.
 Tommycat
12-24-2008, 10:25 PM
Great, now we have Schrodinger's Unicorn to contend with....
 Darth Avlectus
01-01-2009, 12:04 AM

_EW_

Hahah! Great observation my friend.

Only the Predator can see that it's pink, duh. To the naked eye, it's really just camouflaged, like a chameleon. I though everyone learned this in tenth grade ecology, but it appears some people had more fun daydreaming than learning the wonders of the natural world. o_Q

Good point. It is point of view.

i see the invisible pink unicorn as a metaphor for man's inner being, in my mind, it is pink because of this.

Hnn?

Sources?

Uhh, yeah.

Oy. :migraine:
 Tommycat
01-01-2009, 1:06 AM
Oy. :migraine:
Well, it is both pink and invisible at the same time.
 Ray Jones
01-02-2009, 4:43 PM
A very light ultraviolet, to give it a name. :carms:
 CommanderQ
01-02-2009, 4:55 PM
This thing is invisible...how do we know it's pink...I think it's a very hot red...
 TriggerGod
01-02-2009, 5:02 PM

its dead
its not dead

Its real, I just know it. Its got to be real.

@CQ: Because it is pink.
Page: 1 of 1