Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Canderous' Mandalorian Items

Page: 1 of 1
 Sithspecter
12-17-2008, 11:57 PM
 redrob41
12-18-2008, 12:32 AM
I just downloaded it, and you've done some excellent work here SS. The military green is a nice shade, and much better than the bright colours that are usually seen in Kotor. That chain gun looks uber powerful (I can't quite make out what the lettering on the ammo box says; something about the Republic and ammunition). The helmet and suit of armour work well together.

The only thing that could use improvement IMO would be to add an alpha channel and put a touch of baremetal shine on there. Also, since you've used such a large tga for the helmet texture, maybe you could've put a bit more detail in the scuffed up areas (like the shield of the chain gun).

I'll try it out in game soon, 'cause it all looks great!
 Chevron 7 locke
12-18-2008, 12:33 AM
Impressive...most impressive. I love the new armor
 Sithspecter
12-18-2008, 1:12 AM
(I can't quite make out what the lettering on the ammo box says; something about the Republic and ammunition)

Heh, I didn't think anyone would try and translate that... but yeah, I don't even remember exactly what I wrote, I kinda got excited with the fading of the letters. :xp:

The only thing that could use improvement IMO would be to add an alpha channel and put a touch of baremetal shine on there.

I would add an alpha channel, but unfortunately for me, those don't work correctly on my computer. :( But, if someone with the knowledge (and PC to test it out) would like to help, I'd certainly love to do that.
 redrob41
12-18-2008, 2:24 AM
Heh, I didn't think anyone would try and translate that... but yeah, I don't even remember exactly what I wrote, I kinda got excited with the fading of the letters. :xp:
I guess that's the tricky thing of adding any kind of text to a mod. There's bound to be someone (like me :xp:) who thinks it's an easter egg.

I would add an alpha channel, but unfortunately for me, those don't work correctly on my computer. :( But, if someone with the knowledge (and PC to test it out) would like to help, I'd certainly love to do that.
I could give you a hand with that. Just not tonight, it's time for bed.
 Darth Payne
12-18-2008, 11:01 AM
This isn't compatible with Shems Mandalorian Ultimate Mod, is it?
 jonathan7
12-18-2008, 11:05 AM
This isn't compatible with Shems Mandalorian Ultimate Mod, is it?

Yes and no, you'll have to choose the Canderous parts you want to use from both mods.
 Darth Payne
12-18-2008, 11:14 AM
Umm, how would i do that?
 jonathan7
12-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Umm, how would i do that?

Compare the files that are the same - do either of them edit .2da's and the other main one would be Canderous' .utc file - you can only use one of those.
 Darth Payne
12-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Oh, ok.

Thanks J7.
 Ferc Kast
12-18-2008, 3:27 PM
Wow; I've never seen such large skins before. But, the entire mod looks very good. :)
 DarthYuugi
12-24-2008, 7:12 AM
Just my opinion but canderous look's like he loses weight when he wears 'the armour' lol

still great mod i downloaded :)
 SirFalastur
01-29-2009, 8:00 PM
Great armor! I have one question though: is this compatible with T7's WOTOR? (I'm kinda fond of the big and honk'n gun that Canderous gets in that mod and I don't want it to be overwritten by the chain gun) If it's not can that simply be fixed by removing the chain gun's files before you download or do you have to fiddle with baseitems?
 Sithspecter
01-30-2009, 7:13 AM
If you install WotOR first, then install Canderous' Mandalorian Items, you won't have to worry about the baseitems file. If you want to have T7's blaster instead of the chain gun, then just delete all the .utc's included in my mod. But if you do that, you'll have to use KSE or cheats to get the armor and helmet.
 SirFalastur
01-31-2009, 2:44 AM
Is it possible for a rookie, such as myself, to rig it so that the first time Canderous shows up he's wearing your awesome armor and lugging t7's gun? (honestly, I'm willing to learn new things if it can be done)
 Sithspecter
01-31-2009, 8:58 PM
Yes, if you have the KotOR Tool (http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/) then you can open up p_cand.utc from my mod, and go to the Basic tab, and then find the inventory button. Then click on the hand and enter the code for T7's gun. After that, save as p_cand.utc in your override folder.
 SirFalastur
02-01-2009, 12:57 AM
Wow, that was easy! Thank you so much for helping me out and teaching me something new. (I'm probably going to go on an inventory changing spree now :-p) I had to fiddle with tar04_cander43.utc as well (the tsl patcher skipped it because it was already in my override) but it gave me no trouble, thank you!! :-D
 GeorgNihilus
02-01-2009, 10:15 PM
So cool and useful items SS, the whole mod idea rocks :thmbup1: ... the only thing I'd change is having Canderous without the helmet inside Taris' cantina, for conversation purposes; and maybe without the huge gun there too, and inside Davik estate I'd keep him fully equipped but without the helmet too, for dialog purposes again.
Of course with KotorTool this can be easily fixed by ourselves ... you lazy people just do something :D ...

thanks and good hunting out there ... said that Czerka Tatooine guard ;)
Page: 1 of 1