Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Story line Obstical

Page: 1 of 1
 harIII
12-04-2008, 11:17 AM
In my latest mod, the New Korriban Tomb, there will a preticular module that will a variety of tests. I have an idea for one of these tests though, I have no idea on how to accomplish this.

The test will be in the Elder Settlement. At the very beginning I have a Pillar in the center of the area which will be part of another test but what I want to happen is that if you step in a specified area near the pillar it will remove the force shields blocking your path to get to the end. You will have to enter solo mod to do this. You'll leave one of your companions at the pillar and then move towards the opposite end and pass the doors. Then there will be an option to remove them from the area you're in, thus allowing your companion to rejoin you.

How would I go about doing this?

Also if anybody has any other ideas for tests in the Elder Settlement, I'm open to ideas.
 Darth Payne
12-04-2008, 11:50 AM
For another test, i'd go with having to correctly answer some questions.

If you answer wrong, even once, you get attacked.
 harIII
12-05-2008, 9:26 AM
Yep, that is exactly the first test. You answer three questions. If you miss the first question, you have to fight one enemy, 2nd question, 2 enemies, and the 3rd question, 3 enemies.
 Darth Payne
12-05-2008, 11:03 AM
What about the Korriban Pillar test?

Maybe you could alter that in some way so that its not identicall?
 harIII
12-08-2008, 8:39 AM
I like it, I'll have to figure out something new though.
 RedHawke
12-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Posting a general warning here for all, if you notice your posts disappearing repeating said posts and posting again in a thread is not a bright thing to do and after this point will get you a full 5-point infraction for blatant spam as that is what your generally unhelpful posts are doing here.

If you intend to really 'help' someone then post more than one line and be as in-depth as you can, if you can also post links to tuts or something generally useful to the thread then do so, otherwise you are spamming.

When a poster is asking for help, as with all help threads, if you can help said person then by all means please help them out, but do not simply try to bloat your post count by posting one liner 'filler' spam posts in them.

That is all, back on topic folks.
 harIII
12-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Sorry about that RedHawke. I will try to remember this in the future.

I wasn't addressing you... I was addressing another poster who's posts in this thread were about as helpful as a pile of Bantha Poodoo and was thusly spam. ;) -RH
 glovemaster
12-09-2008, 12:40 PM
RedHawke hast spoken ;)

Anyway I'm thinking that you are wanting something like this:
P1 | | |
& | [O] | > To next module
P2 | | |
So you leave P1 and P2 (Party members) and theres a pillar that if you walk near on your own then the force field at the end will open?

Well I suggest a trigger that goes around the pillar, I think you put the location of the trigger as the location as the pillar in the GIT file and then for the GEOMETRY struct you have the points going (2,2,0) (2,-2,0) (-2,-2,0) and (-2,2,0), thus creating an invisible square of length 4m around the pillar. Well at least thats how I think I remember it worked... :p
Then on your TrapTriggered event you will have a script that determines whether or not your in solomode and disabling your force field, or opening the door.

The script will be something along the lines of:
void main() {
object oDoor = GetObjectByTag("the_tag_that_you_gave_the_force_field");
if(GetSoloMode())
AssignCommand(oDoor, ActionOpenDoor(oDoor));
}
 harIII
12-10-2008, 8:27 AM
Will this also return the door to it's natural state, it is presently a static door. A static door serves no purpose but to make the module look more detailed. It just sits there and you can't select it.
 glovemaster
12-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Hmm, I'm not quite understanding what you mean now. Any chance you can doodle something in paint, or anything that shows where you are leaving party members and where this pillar is?
Just like a rough map so we can understand what you want to happen better. ;)
 harIII
12-11-2008, 9:43 AM
This is a rough idea of what I am doing, this is the Elder Settlement on the Unknown Planet.
http://rapidshare.com/files/172396196/Trial_Setup__Royal_Secret_.bmp.html)
Page: 1 of 1