Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Deleted Echani Mercenary on Manaan restored

Page: 1 of 1
 Seamhainn
11-21-2008, 6:02 AM
Text of the ReadMe file:

This restoration places a deleted Echani Mercenary on Manaan.

He was intended as a quest giver for a mercenary plot in which the PC had to find out what happened with the disappeared (Echani) mercenaries. This quest was scratched completely during developement.

As such his dialogues seem a bit awkward. I advice, if you use this restoration, to let Canderous acompany you for the first meeting. Canderous fans will not be disappointed.

You can meet the mercenary at first in the hotel, later in the Mercenary Enclave.

Instructions:
manm26ae_loc goes into your lips folder.
manm26aa and manm26ae go into your modules folder.

Additional information:

I sent the files to filefront a couple of days ago, but did not get a responce yet. If someone wants the files urgently, send me your email, please :-) .

The restored mercenary looks exactly like the one which is already in the Mercenary Enclave. I toyed with the idea to change the appearance, but there are no fitting echani appearances in KotOR, unfortunately. So I left it as is. Maybe its a hint regarding TSL where we learn that many echani have a striking family resemblance :-) .

I deducted the spawn points from the dialogue and chose the most fitting points.

As its just a really small restoration, much investigation was involved. I hope you enjoy it.

Nevertheless, as the responces for restorations is a bit... low lately, the interest in KotOR dwindling and with all the hype regarding TOR this might be my last restoration.

EDIT: I made a quick temporary download: http://rapidshare.com/files/165922060/Echani_Mercenary.rar.html)
 Chevron 7 locke
11-21-2008, 6:05 AM
Yes!!! Its out!
Oh...thank you...I have been so looking forward to this!
Restorations are the best thing to happen to KOTOR!
 Arбtoeldar
11-21-2008, 9:41 AM
Thank You Seamhainn. santsmil
 FrustrationMan
11-21-2008, 4:57 PM
Thank you for doing this. Please don't stop your restorations. People may not post here any say so, but I'm sure we all want you to keep going and restore more. Thanks again!
 redrob41
11-21-2008, 5:28 PM
Thanks for your hard work Seamhainn, I always thought that there should be a quest when talking to the merc in the enclave. I'll have to test it out later to see how well it works with my Echani character mod (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2400724).

For my mod, I edited the man26_echmerc002.utc & man26_echmerc1.utc & man26_echmerc2.utc files so that they would point to a new entry in the appearanc.2da that I made. The new name in the 2da should be Echani_Merc_01, and he should be wearing Echani light armour (IIRC). Hopefully they will work together without needing to update, but if there are problems, I'm more than happy to re-release my mod to be compatable with this one.
 CrisG
11-22-2008, 12:01 AM
Great to hear, will add to the list tomorrow :)

and ys please keep modding if you have the energy S, it is great to see this activity in support of the game. You and your work are much appreciated.
 zbyl2
11-22-2008, 3:12 AM
Thanks for this mod man, I'm sure I'll play this soon :D
 Qui-Gon Glenn
11-22-2008, 2:33 PM
Kudos, seamhainn - glad to see that you worked this out. As you learned (and as I learned :) ) there was not much left to work with scripting-wise.

I look forward to seeing it in-game! Thank you!
 Gam3rSW
11-22-2008, 6:16 PM
Rapidshare isn't letting me download your file, it says the download limit is reached.
 Xthyphs
11-23-2008, 1:10 AM
Can you put it on another site? The limit's been reached on Rapidshare.
 Sith Holocron
11-23-2008, 7:07 PM
The type of account you posted on can only be downloaded 10 times.
 Seamhainn
11-24-2008, 2:26 AM
I did not expect the demand would be so high, and I did not get a responce from filefront yet unfortunately. If you want the file, please send me a pm with your email addy, and I'll send it to you right away.

Thanks for your hard work Seamhainn, I always thought that there should be a quest when talking to the merc in the enclave. I'll have to test it out later to see how well it works with my Echani character mod (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2400724).

For my mod, I edited the man26_echmerc002.utc & man26_echmerc1.utc & man26_echmerc2.utc files so that they would point to a new entry in the appearanc.2da that I made. The new name in the 2da should be Echani_Merc_01, and he should be wearing Echani light armour (IIRC). Hopefully they will work together without needing to update, but if there are problems, I'm more than happy to re-release my mod to be compatable with this one.

I toyed with the idea of contacting you to use your mod. Actually I like what you did quite a lot! Nevertheless as the spartan that I am, I decided against it. But it would be great, and I am sure many would like it, if you merge those two together. The purists could use my restoration alone :-) , the artistically interested could use the mod. If you need my permission, its granted; if you need my help, just ask!

Take care
Page: 1 of 1