Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Maps for CoaP

Page: 1 of 1
 Litofsky
10-31-2008, 11:36 PM
Hail, all! In my spare time (rare as it is), I've been attempting to write, but my tendency to procrastinate has forced me to create a map for my story, Chronicles of a President (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=193028).

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq319/Admlitofsky/United_Nations_Members.png)

Key:

White lines represent international boundaries, such as between two major countries.

Blue symbolizes the North American Union, a country composed of many nations (some not North American), chiefly the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Israel. Capital is Washington, D.C.

Purple, in this map, stands for the European Union. Their lands range from the Falkland Islands to Scandinavia, and from Greenland to Turkey. Brussels acts as the capital.

The Russian Federation is Green in this map. Essentially a neo-Soviet Union, save for a different form of government. Moscow, comrades, serves as the seat of government for the Russian Federation.

Maroon stands for the United Islamic Empire, formed from nations with primarily Islamic populations. With territories ranging from North Africa to Pakistan, the UIE has put aside age-long religious differences for a greater goal: surviving the economic crisis that gripped the world (especially OPEC nations, which lost billions in revenue after the Depression of 2012). Dubai is the current capital of the UIE.

Formed from the remaining African nations, Orange represents the Central African Union, whereas the Gray stands for the South African Union. Each Union was formed after the Depression, as economic survival was tantamount to survival in every sense of the word. The CAU's government changes yearly, but, currently, in 2040, it calls Freetown its capital. In the South African Union, the capital is centered in the city of Johannesburg.

Claiming South America, parts of Central America, and a few islands in the South Pacific, the South American Union is represented by the color Brown. Formed after the Great War of South America in 2021, the SAU is run by an oligarchical military dictatorship. Brasília is the capital of the South American Union.

Finally, battling for dominance in Southeast Asia, the Sino-Asian Union (SAU) and the Indian-Pacific Union (IPU) wage political war, with the SAU represented by the color Red, whose capital is located in Beijing. Meanwhile, the IPU is represented on maps by the color Yellow, who have dual capitals in the cities of New Delhi and Canberra. Notable members of the SAU are Japan, China, and South Korea (forcibly captured in the East Asian Skirmish of 2018). The IPU claims major member nations of Singapore, Australia, India, Malaysia, and New Zealand.

It should be noted that, though colored gray, Antarctica has no political affiliation (no one lives there permanently).

As the chapters progress, and the War begins, I'll update the map to show 'progress.'

Hope you enjoy,
Litofsky
 Bee Hoon
11-01-2008, 3:19 AM
The IPU claims member nations of Singapore, Australia, and India. No one ever mentions Malaysia D: To be honest, Malaysia and Indonesia are more likely to ally themselves with UIE than with IPU. Besides that, you've obviously given this a lot of thought. I think you're crazy and awesome all at the same time ;o
 Astor
11-01-2008, 5:06 AM
It's a very interesting map, and I enjoyed reading the backstory for the factions - it's very believable that this could indeed happen in a not-too-distant future...
 Litofsky
11-01-2008, 10:40 AM
No one ever mentions Malaysia D: To be honest, Malaysia and Indonesia are more likely to ally themselves with UIE than with IPU. Besides that, you've obviously given this a lot of thought. I think you're crazy and awesome all at the same time ;o
Oops! I'll go edit that in a minute, Bee. I had considered giving Turkey, Indonesia, and possibly Malaysia to the UIE, but decided against it. Turkey is applying to become a member of the EU, Indonesia will probably have had some coup (I'll mention it somewhere), and I just wanted Malaysia to be with the IPU. :p

I've thought about the story for some time, but getting the beginning parts down on paper is a bit difficult.

It's a very interesting map, and I enjoyed reading the backstory for the factions - it's very believable that this could indeed happen in a not-too-distant future...

Thanks, Astor. I tried to make the alliances as realistic as possible. The backstory- and current state- of these Unions will be expanded upon further down the road (in the story itself).
 Rev7
11-01-2008, 3:36 PM
Very cool Litofsky!
 Litofsky
11-02-2008, 8:53 AM
Very cool Litofsky!

Thanks, Rev.

Just wanted to let everyone know that 1) I updated the map a bit (minor inconsistencies), and 2) the next map should be a while off. I've gotta write the political portion of the story first! :p
 EnderWiggin
11-02-2008, 2:49 PM
It looks very cool, Litofsky. :)

However, I'm slightly skeptical that Chinese would not immediately have taken over the rest of Indonesia forcibly, and that the Russian Federation fatcats haven't taken advantage of the fighting between the SAU and IPU to attack China from behind. Or perhaps that's why? Because the threat of Mother Russia looming from behind has kept the Chinese expansionism at bay?

I guess I'll have to wait and read more of your politics :D

_EW_
 Litofsky
11-02-2008, 2:52 PM
Thanks, Ender.

Due to a rather heated discussion, I'll be changing this map an incredible amount, just to make things a bit more realistic.
 LordOfTheFish
11-04-2008, 4:30 PM
That's a really cool idea, Litofsky. The layout it interesting too.
Page: 1 of 1