Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Anyone interested in a Star Trek RP?

Page: 1 of 1
 Astor
10-31-2008, 5:00 PM
Before I begin, I know this is a Star Wars forum...

But what about Star Trek?

I've thought about starting one, but I'd like to know that it wouldn't be a total failure, and that there are people who are interested.

If there are, let me know here and i'll see about gauging some ideas as to what people want.

AK.
 Corinthian
10-31-2008, 5:08 PM
I'm definitely willing to consider it. What do you have in mind?
 Astor
10-31-2008, 5:42 PM
I'm definitely willing to consider it. What do you have in mind?

Well, that's the thing - there's plenty of things that could be great for a RP, but conversely, there's also plenty that could prove difficult.

I'm leaning towards something such as the crew of a small exploration vessel (small as in a crew of no more than about 8), assigned to explore an uncharted sector (locations can be ironed out later).

Or, maybe a crew of traders/smugglers along the Federation/Klingon Border (the advantage of this type of scenario is that the ship can be small, and there's no direct authority such as Starfleet hanging over them).

I'm quite happy to develop/expand either of them - it's what other people would like to play that's important, really.
 Corinthian
10-31-2008, 5:47 PM
I like both of them, but I prefer the idea of being independent rather than affiliated with StarFleet or the Klingon Empire or something.

Also, if you need a hand working on this, PM me. I know a pretty good bit about Star Trek - I'm addicted to Wikis.
 Astor
10-31-2008, 5:58 PM
I like both of them, but I prefer the idea of being independent rather than affiliated with StarFleet or the Klingon Empire or something.

That's one vote for the traders scenario, and one interested so far, then!

That's the idea i've written more for, so far, including lining up a ship -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/Craig_Bean05/OrionsFortune.jpg)

Original information about the class of ship here (http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/uss-durance-class-cargo-tug.php)

I'll post some info about the Fortune when I can find what I wrote. But, the timeframe i'd like to set this in makes that ship at least 2 centuries old.

Also, using this map (http://www.ucip.org/science/newmaps/klingon2.jpg) as a rough guide (I can't vouch for whether it's authentic, but to my knowledge no conclusive map of the area has ever been shown in the show), the general operating area (to begin with, at least), will be around Starbase 234 (up in the left hand corner) - right in range of the Federation, and the Romulan and Klingon Empire.

Also, if you need a hand working on this, PM me. I know a pretty good bit about Star Trek - I'm addicted to Wikis.

Certainly, it's always good to converse with another trek fan. :)
 Corinthian
10-31-2008, 6:04 PM
Right along the Neutral Zone. The fun place.

So when will this be taking place?
 Astor
10-31-2008, 6:18 PM
Right along the Neutral Zone. The fun place.

Fun for the Romulans, maybe :p

So when will this be taking place?

That's a good question - and i'm not sure about. It'll definately be after the Federation has made peace with the Empire.

It certainly won't be taking place during the Dominion War... but there's always the potential for it to occur duing the events preceding the war... But then there's also the problem of the Federation-Klingon War occuring right before [i]that[i/] war.

So, let's say that anytime from about 2350 to 2371 sounds about right.
 Corinthian
10-31-2008, 6:39 PM
What about just after the end of the Dominion War, between 2375 and 2379? That's fairly blank space, but it's obviously a period of instability, with six major Galactic powers having just fought a very bloody war without much time to rebuild.
 Astor
10-31-2008, 6:45 PM
What about just after the end of the Dominion War, between 2375 and 2379? That's fairly blank space, but it's obviously a period of instability, with six major Galactic powers having just fought a very bloody war without much time to rebuild.

I didn't think of that - that's a pretty good idea as well - and there'd be plenty of opportunities for work/adventures.

We'll put that down as an option as well.

But so far, we're only two strong - but I know that there's plenty more Star Trek fans out there!
 ForeverNight
10-31-2008, 9:42 PM
Well, I'm interested!

Besides, there should be a lot of ex-Star Fleet officers and non-coms out there who just got drummed out of the service following the War.

Should be interesting.
 The Doctor
10-31-2008, 10:54 PM
I'd be interested, but only if the story was well thought out, planned, and executed.
 Astor
11-02-2008, 3:46 PM
Ok, so we've got a few bites, and a few ideas. Before I start to think about possible ideas for plots, stories etc, what type of RP do people want?

Serious, morally challenging type stuff? Or a light hearted romp? (well, not a romp, but you get what I mean...)

AK
 Corinthian
11-04-2008, 12:08 AM
I would prefer something more serious. Considering we're on a three-way border of three very tense and powerful Empires...well, you don't get anything lighthearted when the Romulans are involved.
Page: 1 of 1