Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part V: The Threefold War

Page: 10 of 10
 Tysyacha
03-23-2009, 9:20 PM
CLIMBING WAS DIFFICULT for Andorra Evenstar, due to her delicate bone structure and willowy frame, but with Kalla's help, she was able to navigate treacherous rock faces and slippery parts of the slope, where there were very little footholds. Even though the two had ventured into the mountains to find somewhere safe to hide and regroup, safe was not exactly how she felt at the moment. She felt a chilly breeze ripple through her hair, and Andorra was grateful for the warm coat she had donned earlier. Being the pampered foster daughter of the Governor of Avalon had not put her in the throngs of the wilderness very often, or forced her to use climbing supplies!

As the ascent wore on, Andorra found herself mumbling questions to herself, hoping that Kalla wouldn't hear. She didn't want her dearest love to think she was a little mentally unstable due to either the stressful chaos or the climb!

"I used to wonder what war was for, what caused it. I thought I would learn in the course of this one, but I'm still as foolish and ignorant as I was before! My mother's being viewed by multiple factions as the prisoner-queen in a game of dejarik, and I a humble pawn, but what purpose would our captures really serve? I mean, Avalon isn't like Coruscant, Corellia, or one of the Core Worlds. The Sith would do far better than to try and leverage concessions out of our regal but backwater planet! Perhaps they're after...after..."

A sudden vision engulfed Andorra's mind, causing her to hang limply in her rappeling harness for a moment. It was of a prisoner, chained by both irons and the Force to an iron throne, and a shadowy presence before it, saying:

Do you see this flesh that is not flesh, this bone that is not bone, this blood that is but stain and water run together with the Force? It is what causes me to be mortal, and yet far more. I can dissolve to smoke in the blink of an eye and poison everything. Do you know what such smoke does?

As you know, gases permeate, and I shall do the same, prisoner. I shall permeate you, your mortal body, until all that is you will be forced out. Nothing shall be left behind of you but an empty shell, the perfect disguise for me to slip into and out of as I will. You have proven yourself useful as a captive, but I desire more than pazaak chips with which to bargain. You shall become me, and once I have become you, nothing can stop me. You see, who on Earth would suspect a Sith Lord hides in such an unsuspecting frame?

In the past, I have used such disguises, and the time is coming for me to take another cloak--made of your flesh. Through you, I shall bring this war, this endless war, to an end. Aren't you servants of the Light always speaking of the virtue of self-sacrifice? Then relax, yield without resistance, and let the smoke of my mind and Force-construed body imbue you with its power...

Andorra fell unconscious in her harness, but not before Kalla heard this:

"Slave becomes master...and master becomes slave."

[In case you haven't guessed, my new idea is that Virul wants to inhabit a new body, at least as a disguise so that he can more freely pursue his plans.]
 Alkonium
03-23-2009, 11:57 PM
(Actually, that is Virul's plan, though Andorra's not the one he has in mind. However, that doesn't mean Andorra won't be the victim. Also, that's the second time you read my mind in this RP, the first being when you described Andorra as having blonde hair. And Virul generally doesn't take over someone's body until his own dies either through the entropic effects of the Dark Side, or by someone else's hand. That, and Virul can't leave the body he's controlling if his mind is the only one in it unless it dies. Also, Kalla's brother Andros is also with them at the moment)

Fortunately, the three of them were close enough to a ledge in the mountain when Andorra passed out, and Kalla and Andros managed to pull her up the rest of the way. They'd have to stay here until she got up, though it looked like a good place to set up camp for the night, so if she didn't wake up soon, that would be an option. Kalla didn't understand why Andorra insisted on trying to keep her from hearing her mumblings. She had forgiven Andorra for worse already, and she'd never have come out if not for her. Kalla would be understanding of that as well. "What do you think she meant by that?" She asked her brother, seriously worrying about what might be wrong with Andorra.

Eyeing the AT-AT from a distance in a pair of electrobinoculars, Komad commented, "It looks like the Death Guards aren't the only thing we have to worry about." He then passed the electrobinoculars to Jun-la. "If I could mount the tow cable onto my X-38, that thing wouldn't remain a problem too long, though."
 Tysyacha
03-24-2009, 9:38 AM
"Mmmmm...."

Slowly, Andorra drifted through the haze of her own unconsciousness to awaken. It was like coming up from the bottom of the ocean, this process, and she had to fight just as hard as an inexperienced diver did to reach the surface that was the waking world.

When she shook her head free of all the cobwebs of blankness and fatigue, she looked at Kalla and Andros apologetically. "I'm...sorry," she said after a moment. "I must have lost my concentration in the climb--gotten scared or something." Noticing their expressions of concern, the Avalonian maiden decided to tell the truth. "I passed out, obviously," she said with a rueful voice, "and I think I had a--vision." She proceeded to tell them about the prisoner, bound by both chains and the Force, and what the presence before it had said. "That doesn't make sense," Andorra said, shaking her head again. "What clearly sentient being can inhabit bodies and dissolve into smoke in order to start the process? If this truly is a vision, then it's a prediction of sorts, because I've had those before. However, maybe I was just having a cruel nightmare brought on by all this stress."

She gazed into Kalla's eyes. "Whatever it was, it shouldn't trouble us any further..."
 JediMaster12
03-24-2009, 2:25 PM
Jun-la took the binoculars to watch the AT-AT walker. Since the shields were still up, there was no immediate danger of blaster fire. She listened to Komad's suggestion and said, "The swoop bikes are fast enough. We can rig the tow cables so you can fire it. She raised her wrist to her comm. She spoke in Shreyite, "Rig the fastest swoop with a tow cable and launcher. We're going for a a nice ride."

She then turned to her brother and they spoke silently for a moment before she said out loud, "Master Komad, care to join me on ride?" She gave a wry grin.

Matton, not about to let her out of his sight said, "Count me in."

Andros looked at Kalla and Andorra with perplexing thoughts. Avalonians were particularly sensitive but he wondered if this sentou thing was having an effect or it was a result of two realms merging. Miako had its own source of evil that traveled to this galaxy and it was causing fluctuations in the Force. Now Andorra had passed out and he wasn't sure what was going on. He asked, "Are you able to continue?"

Andros had managed to find his brother Tavaryn, Tahl and Tiye where they were making a stand to prepare to take out the troopers. Above were Mandalorians providing air support. He spoke to Tahl, "We need to take out the ysalmari. It is dampening the Force."

"What do you suggest General?" Tahl asked.

Andros, who hadn't been called general in years scanned the battle. He didn't need the Force to know that his daughter was planning an attack on the AT-AT. Force knew he had seen plenty in his life time. He looked at his brother Tavaryn and asked, "Remember when we took out the krayt birds in the mountain pass caves?"

Tavaryn thought for a moment and then a gleam of recognition came to his green-gold eyes. "Take to the trees?"

"To the trees," Andros nodded in agreement as he hung his lightsaber on his belt. He secured his sword as well while Tavaryn did the same.

Each slung a bow on their shoulders along with a quiver of arrows. An old technique but very effective. They prepared to run as Tahl readied to lower the shields. The brothers gave a wrist shake as they stood at the ready.

Tahl gave the order and the shield when down. The brothers took off running and were out of the enclave just as the shield when back up. They did not stop but ran as hard and fast as they can. It was hard to skirt the Death Guard that seemed invincible and not above killing Jedi or Avalonians as they were doing to Belosians who underestimated their capabilities.

They found what they were looking for and began to climb the trees with rapid ascention that was unnatural. Andros was surprised that he found the energy despite his years to climb as fast as Tavaryn who was younger. Still he kept his concentration until they were on the branches. They nodded and separated to make their way to find the ysalmari. Andros found one and readied his bow. He brought it up in one fluid motion, aimed and fired. He was gone before the animal could cry out in pain and death.

Greea managed to hide on the ship to make it look like the ship was empty though she suspected that the two lords knew of her presence. The guards were too stupid though to know any different. She snuck off the ship and began to make her way through the fortress hoping to find a panel that may tell her where the governor was.

Meanwhile Tyrannus was lounging in a chair watch Virul. Lazily he said, "Jedi are persistent. This one will fool your men but she knows she can't fool us. Relax and she will come to us."
 Tysyacha
03-24-2009, 3:10 PM
"Yes," Andorra replied. "I think I can handle more climbing now." She hoisted herself back into her climbing restraints, ready to be either harnessed or pulled again in a few minutes.
 Alkonium
03-24-2009, 8:01 PM
As Komad felt his connection to the Force returning, he knew he'd have to warn Andros. "Get out of there as quickly as you can. The Death Guards won't be far from the ysalamir." He sent on his communicator. He then grabbed a tow cable launcher from one of the racks and mounted it onto a nearby swoop bike. Firing the cable while navigating on the swoop bike would certainly be a challenge. "Of course." He said to Jun-la, hopping on the swoop and veering off towards the AT-AT.

"The dissolving into smoke is probably a metaphor, but aside from that, it sounds like what I told you about Darth Virul earlier. What I don't understand though, is you having visions, if you said before that you're not Force Sensitive. But don't worry, Virul wouldn't try to take over your body; he prefers 'purebred' male bodies, though that didn't stop him from taking over my aunt." Kalla tried to explain, though she was just as confused about it as Andorra. Still the three of them continued to climb the mountain.

"For once, I agree with you, Tyrannus." Virul calmly replied, keeping an eye on a holograph of the hangar. A squad of Stormtroopers surrounded Greea's ship in the hangar on Bastion. "We know you're in there, Jedi. Come out with your hands up." The leader shouted at the ship, but after several minutes of waiting, he addressed two lower ranking Stormtroopers. "Go in there and find her. When you find her, send confirmation, and open fire." He told them, and they scurried up the ship's boarding ramp.
 CommanderQ
03-24-2009, 9:12 PM
Garrick ran as fast as he could to the nearest cover.

He had expected Imperials, but an AT-AT was not on that list.

He clumped down behind a concrete block, drawing his rifle that he had retrieved, arming it.

Captain Durrel in his gray armor clumped onto the cover next to Garrick.

"HeadHunter squad is providing air support temporarily, Krek is trying to get Barek on the cross-com again. Maybe he could provide more fire."

Garrick looked at Durrel, and then at the space battle above.

"I severly doubt that, we are on our own. Shouldn't be too hard."

He was glad that he had re-powered his armor so his gauntlets and extra weapons could be in use again.

He peeked over the edge, spying the AT-AT.

"I think our Jedi friends have that guy handled, but they won't be able to stop the troops on their own. Strengthen the perimeter and cover the surrounding areas. They need enough time to retreat into the mountains, or wherever they're going."

Durrel nodded,"What about us?"

Garrick stared at Durrel for a bit, he sighed, "I don't know."

Konig watched to his horror as the ysalamiri was struck by a dart of some sort. He shook it off and immediatley scanned the area of the attacker...in the trees.

"Damn it, Bevorin, keep your ysalamir in cover. They must survive. I authorize the use of their blood as a weapon, use it on the first Jedi you see."

Bevorin sent an acknowledgement on the comm, just as Konig lined up his sights on the tree the ysalamir killer was on.

He fired, taking out the bulk of the tree.

It began to tumble down.
 Alkonium
03-25-2009, 9:42 AM
Speeding through the trees, Komad checked the tow cables and determined they were far too short to take down the AT-AT, but quickly determined an alternative means to destroy it. Nearing the walker's front right leg, he leapt off his swoop bike and onto the side of its knee. Clinging to its side, Komad carefully pulled out his lightsaber and cut the AT-AT's leg in half. Knowing he had little time before it fell, he jumped to its back right leg and slashed it in half as well before jumping off and landing behind it.
 Cyborg Ninja
03-25-2009, 2:27 PM
Wrath stood still on the ground. He could feel the life being sucked out of him. In a matter of minutes Wrath would be dead. Suddenly the strangest thing had happened. He felt like his body was regrowing itself. He looked down at his stomach. He saw red and purple tentacle like things pulling his body together. He wasn't sure whether to be shocked or disgusted. He stood up and took a look at his surroundings. The jedi was gone and he was alive.

"What am I... Am I some kind of mutant?... that doesn't matter now, what does is getting out of here."

Wrath walked out the way he came to his ship but when he got there it was gone.

"Jedi slime, she took my ship!" Wrath thought to himself in anger.

Wrath ran back into the building and to the next hanger. A small ship was still there. Wrath hoped into the cockpit and set coordinates back to Virul. He would have to report his failure but make up for it with his shocking new discovery. The ship raced off into space at some impressive speeds. Wrath's temporary ship neared the larger one. He had failed, something he was not used to. He hoped there might be some chance he could redeem himself to Lord Virul, and then it came to him. Wrath contacted Lord Virul with the force.

"My master I was temporarily incapacitated by the jedi, but I discovered something. Something I can use to overpower the jedi the next time I see her. I have failed you, but I wish to redeem myself to you. Is there anything I can do Lord Virul?"
 Alkonium
03-25-2009, 8:44 PM
She may have bested you in combat, but you have succeeded in bringing her to me. Perhaps I'm giving you too specific a target. Return to Amshrey, and aid our troops there. I don't care how. Virul sent back. He always knew that one day he would have to tell Wrath the truth about his origins.

"The AT-AT's been taken care of. We've just got the Death Guards and the regular Stormtroopers to deal with now." Komad sent back to the enclave, turning his speeder bike in the direction of where he thought the second ysalamir would be.
 Cyborg Ninja
03-26-2009, 11:11 PM
Wrath was glad that he had been given a second chance. He thought for sure he would die, but Virul said that he did bring the jedi to him. Wrath punched in new coordinates and turned the ship in the other direction. He had to aid the troops and he could do so however he saw fit...perfect. The ship soared through space and Wrath was almost at his destination. Wrath decided to contact the troops from down low with his com link. Any stormtrooper would do but he was hoping for a Death Guard.

"This is Wrath, I need to know what the situation is, and where you are."
 CommanderQ
03-27-2009, 12:01 AM
Konig's comm rang, he quickly activated it.

"This is Wrath, I need to know what the situation is, and where you are."

At first, Konig was suspicious, but he read the signal and recognized the code of that of a friendly.

"Copy you, Wrath. This is Konig, Death Gaurd 1st class. Your coordinates have been registered. Sending our position to you now. Our current situation is not entirely favorable. We are assigned to find the target known as 'Komad Kaltas.' We found him, and engaged his companions. Imperial Invasion troops assisted, but now the battle is not going in our favor. Assistance appreciated."

Konig didn't tell him the real objective that their Lord Virul had given them. That was between them alone, no one could know. But now, the new orders were ready, and Komad and his companions, minus 'Andorra,' would pay the ultimate price.
 Cyborg Ninja
03-27-2009, 6:42 PM
The coordinates had been sent to Wrath just as the Death Guard had said. For some reason Wrath wasn't as shocked to hear that the legendary Komad Kaltas was down below. The old Wrath would have taken some preparation for this foe but not the new Wrath. He felt much more powerful for some reason, like he could destroy a planet if he wanted to. Wrath's ship entered the atmosphere and raced over to the Death Guards. Wrath landed the ship and made his way over to the Death Guards.

"What's our plan of action Konig?"
 CommanderQ
03-27-2009, 7:51 PM
Konig saw a ship land not too far away from the collapsing AT-AT. A man stepped out and raced towards their position. He could tell that this man was one of the Dark Jedi or personal warriors under Lord Virul as well. Bevorin fired a few shots covering their position, and allowing the Dark Jedi to reach them.

"What's our plan of action, Konig?"

Konig did a quick salute,"I think that our normal invasion troops will provide an excellent distraction for Komad and his companions. They are probably fleeing into the mountains as we speak, so we must move. Our final order released us to kill Komad and any of his companions."

Konig decided that Wrath should know the rest, "We are however not supposed to kill one, an Andorra Evenstar, I believe. The rest are fair game. We will not rest until that mission is completed. You, however, can do as you wish, but do not touch Andorra, the Lord said not kill her, and we will ensure it. Do not interfere."

He looked to Bevorin,"Let's go. Follow if you like, Wrath, but do not get in the way."

Konig fired some more shots at the tree where the killshot on the ysalamiri came from. He then charged forward.
 Cyborg Ninja
03-27-2009, 8:08 PM
Why would my master want to leave some girl alive but the rest dead. Whatever the reason may be, it is probably a good one. Wrath thought to himself.

"Let's go. Follow if you like, Wrath, but do not get in the way."

Wrath gave a slight chuckle at the remark. He fixed his gauntlets and tapped on his helmet. Wrath was ready to follow the two Death Guards when he saw the ship. Wrath ran up to the ship and turned it on. He looked at the mountains and fired two missiles from the ship at them. He then jumped into the ship and headed for the mountains him self. He opened the cockpit and jumped out, but not before kicking the ship to the ground, giving the appearance that the pilot died. Wrath landed on a rock formation and dusted himself off. Unfortunately for him he couldn't see any jedi at the moment, it looked like a game of search and destroy.
 Tysyacha
03-28-2009, 5:07 PM
Andorra Evenstar was always one for admitting her faults to herself, in all the shame and guilt they brought her, because she knew that hiding them was always the worse option. However, she wasn't quite ready to face the truth about something that might prove a fatal phobia in this catastrophic situation.

She was acrophobic--afraid of heights, and very intensely so.

Andorra knew the climbing harness was protecting her, but still, it was a long and precipitous drop to the rocks below. Squinting her eyes tightly shut, she fumbled for the only weapon she ever carried--a blaster pistol, custom-made to correct deficiencies in aim brought on by stress. At what should she fire? The poisonous-looking rock stags that were crawling toward her on the ledge she was currently occupying? The shadows of hostile sentients carrying weapons? The remains of the AT-AT in the distance, which could still carry an electronic charge and allow it to shoot blaster bolts out of its "head"?

She saw one of the shadows stalking closer and closer to her, and she fired.
 Cyborg Ninja
03-28-2009, 9:21 PM
Wrath was ready to take a step when a shot rang out. Wrath jumped back and looked up. A figure had just fired a shot from a blaster pistol up above. Wrath climbed up slighty and jumped at a rock formation. He bounced off it and jumped at another. The figure was now insight... but it was the girl he could not kill. This didn't stop Wrath from going up there though. He jumped off the rock and launched himself at the formation the girl was standing on.

"Well good evening my dear," Wrath said as he landed.
 Tysyacha
03-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Andorra was terrified. "Who in space are you?" she cried, trying to maintain her precarious footing on the ledge. A rock stag edged closer to it, poised to bite.
 Cyborg Ninja
03-28-2009, 10:58 PM
From under his helmet Wrath smiled at the girl's reaction. At this height he could have made the kill look like an accident, however Lord Virul wanted this girl. Wrath would have to get the girl down from here. Out of the corner of his eye he spotted a rock stag making its way towards the girl. Wrath maneuvered past her and pulled out his vibrosword. Wrath jumped down at the creature and stabbed it through the skull. With his left hand still holding onto the ledge, Wrath pulled his sword out and pulled himself up.

"I am Theran Protag, I am a local warrior here. I was holding off some enemy troops when I saw your shot. I thought it was a distress signal from one of my own but I found you instead. This cliff is far too dangerous for non-locals, allow me to bring you down."

Wrath didn't like lying but he had to this time.
 Alkonium
03-29-2009, 2:25 AM
Kalla sensed something dark and familiar about "Theran" or so he called himself, and didn't exactly trust him. "That won't be necessary. Down there is not our destination, and we are more than capable of taking care of ourselves." She told him, acting very protective of Andorra. She was generally not so rude, but something didn't feel quite right here.
 Tysyacha
03-29-2009, 2:07 PM
Andorra smiled. "Let's compromise. If you can help us get to our destination, then maybe I'll be calm enough to find out more about you, Mister--Protag. By the way, thank you for stabbing that annoying and potentially-lethal rock stag for me. I was debating whether or not to shoot at it instead of you, but then I thought it would be silly to remove the small threat while ignoring the big one." She sensed Kalla's unease. "As my friend and comrade Kalla has said, we're capable of taking care of ourselves, but as you said, we're not locals, and in my opinion, the sooner we get on solid ground, the better!"
 Cyborg Ninja
03-29-2009, 3:23 PM
Wrath laughed at the girl's response. He would be able to trick her with ease...as for her friend, that would take work. Wrath turned to have a look at the other girl and was pleasantly surprised to find that it was Kaltas's spawn. She was very quick to defend the girl, perhaps Wrath could use that.

"Well comrade Kalla, I don't doubt you can take care of yourself. Its your friend back there I'm more concerned about. She doesn't seem to care for heights very much, I can tell. I understand you don't trust me but my people are not a treacherous type," Wrath turned to Andorra. " If you hop on my back, I can carry you up this mountain... that is if its alright with you and your comrade."
 Alkonium
03-29-2009, 11:43 PM
"Fine, but I'm keeping my eye on you." Kalla grudgingly replied, moving her hand across her waist, brushing aside the end of her coat in order for "Theran" to catch a glimpse of her lightsaber. They seemed to be in a bit of a bind. If they declined his help, he'd most likely reveal his true self there and then, but if they waited, the same thing would happen, and there was no way she and Andros could defeat him in combat.
 CommanderQ
03-29-2009, 11:50 PM
Konig enhanced his lenses and caught a glimpse of Wrath. He then enhanced the audio-receptors and caught Wrath's conversation with the 'no-kill' target, Andorra.

"Smart....he's smooth for a Dark Jedi. But it won't last long, we'll have to use this time to eliminate Komad and his comrades. Keep your eyes out, Bevorin."

Bevorin nodded,"Yes, Konig, we'll get them."

Konig moved out into the open, and immediatley spotted 10-12 men in armor.

Mandalorian armor.

Durrel grabbed Garrick by his shoulders and pointed him to the two black stormtroopers who had just come out of the jungle trees.

Garrick looked closer and jumped to cover, firing as he went.

"OPEN FIRE!! USE PROJECTILE AND ELECTRONIC WEAPONS!"

The small platoon opened fire.
 Tysyacha
03-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Andorra climbed onto Theran Protag's back, and clutched him for dear life as blaster fire rang out all around her. She screamed, feeling sorry that she'd almost deafened the soldier. Just get through this, Andorra told herself, and you can process this with Kalla later. Whatever you do, do not go into 'sublustrum', as it makes you faint! Concentrate, girl! Concentrate! She prayed for the safety of the others.
 Cyborg Ninja
03-30-2009, 5:42 PM
Wrath almost jumped when he heard the scream. Throwing her off right now would be better than listening to this constant screaming. However this would blow his cover and Lord Virul would not be to pleased. Either way this screaming had to stop. He could jump but he feared that would just make the screaming louder so instead he had to climb. He started climbing and looked to Kalla.

"So where exactly are we going?"

Wrath continued to climb and began humming slightly. It was a war chant... it may have been mandalorian. Perhaps this would calm her down and than he could stop humming.
 Alkonium
03-30-2009, 6:03 PM
"There's a pass through the mountains and into the hinterlands. From there, we don't know." Kalla explained. Perhaps the mutual lack of information could work to their advantage. "It shouldn't be much further until it's just walking."

With the AT-AT destroyed and the Death Guards preoccupied with the Mandalorians, Komad moved in from behind, and eyeing the second ysalamir, killed it with a clean swing from his lightsaber. He hated killing in any situation, especially animals and innocents. He knew that the Death Guards heard that, and since his lightsaber was useless against them, he lifted two rather large boulders up with the Force, and launched one at each Death Guard.
 Tysyacha
03-30-2009, 6:57 PM
The soldier carrying Andorra was humming a Mandalorian war chant, and oddly, this did calm the young Avalonian's nerves. She listened to its notes, as vibrant and belligerent as a lightsaber slicing through the air, and gently whispered "I'm sorry" into his ear.
 Cyborg Ninja
03-30-2009, 7:44 PM
Wrath continued climbing up the rock looking for this mountain pass. Once Wrath got up he could possibly use the girl as a hostage, or just attack the other two and then take the girl. He had a pretty good feeling he could take them in a fight, but he would get to that later.

"So what's after this exactly, are you looking for another jedi?"
 CommanderQ
03-30-2009, 7:59 PM
Konig fired a rocket from his wrist and blew the flying boulder apart.

He looked at Bevorin, just in time to see his old comrade get smashed into the dirt.

"NO!" He shouted, and ran over kneeling by his friend.

He took off Bevorin's helmet, seeing he was still alive...barely.

"Konig....get out of here...finish the mission..."

"We can get you out, you can serve our Empire still! You can live..."

"My friend, no I cannot..."

Bevorin took out a silvery-blade that glowed red. It was his personal knife that he had kept over the past ten years, working on assignment with Konig.

"Here...take this....and give me a grenade...."

Konig felt a tear come from his eye, he then took the knife and handed Bevorin a high-grade explosive grenade.

"Goodbye, Comrade."

Bevorin smiled, "See ya at this next mission....."

Konig nodded and patted his friend on the shoulder, and sheathed the knife. He stood, Mandalorian blasterfire hitting him from all sides, but doing little to no damage.

He walked slowly at the Mandalorians and grabbed the nearest one, throwing him against some sharp rocks nearby. He moved in for the kill.

Garrick cursed aloud, "We cannot fight this thing!! Pull back to the Enclave! Get the E-web set up!!"

Durrel nodded, "Yessir. We'll move right away."

"Good. You and the platoon set up shop, I'll cover you."

Durrel saluted and began ordering the platoon back to the Enclave.

Garrick activated his wrist swords and charged the black armored attacker who had just thrown one of the other Mando'a.
 Alkonium
03-30-2009, 11:36 PM
"We probably shouldn't say." Kalla replied, even though she suspected he knew who they were, but still, the less he knew, the better. As they reached the summit, she thought it might be a chance to get rid of Theran, or whoever he really was. "Thank you for assisting us, we'll be on our way." She said to him.
 Tysyacha
03-31-2009, 12:58 PM
Andorra slipped down off of Theran Protag's back. "Thank you kindly, sir," she said to the mysterious soldier, bowing at the waist. "I'm sorry I screamed in your ear back when the-Force-knows-who started firing at all of us, but I was so startled that..."

She shook the cobwebs from her mind and the fried tendrils from her golden hair. "Kalla?" she asked. "Where are we going next? Let us proceed, friend."
 Cyborg Ninja
03-31-2009, 3:45 PM
Kalla without question knew Wrath was not Theran Protag. He could not let them both walk off now, but this would blow his cover. He'd rather get further away from the fighting and then make his move.

"I'm sorry Kalla but I can not let you all leave like that. It would be unwise to leave children by themselves. Besides there could be some creatures ahead that could pose a threat even for a jedi. I will feel much better I know that you are all safe."
 Alkonium
03-31-2009, 8:56 PM
"We are not children. We've seen the horrors of the forests, and faced them in battle already." Kalla explained, still trying to get rid of "Theran". "Besides, your people probably need your help fighting off the New Empire's force down there." She then looked to her brother. "Did Jun-la give you any further directions from here?" She asked him. It was no good going this far without knowing where to go next. "Friend? You know we're more than that." Kalla then said to Andorra, a cheeky look in her eyes.

"Kaltas to Enclave: I've taken out one of the Death Guards, but we still need to focus all troops we can spare on the other. Repeat: All troops go after the remaining Death Guard!" Komad sent back to the Enclave, trying to keep out of sight of the other Death Guard. Eyeing the fallen Death Guard's DC-58 rifle, he pulled it towards him with the Force, and aimed for the other. Having seen how they burned through Republic Guardsmen's armour, he figured it could at least put a good dent in a Death Guard's.
 JediMaster12
04-01-2009, 12:56 PM
((Sorry I have not been around but schoolwork comes first right?))

Andros, with Tavaryn managed to take out the remaining ysalmari. Andros could feel the Force rushing back and no doubt did Tavaryn and the others. He made his way through the trees as he picked up Komad's transmission. It was time to play havoc with the Death Guard.

Running through the trees, he ran towards the battle until he spotted what he wanted. On his wrist comm he spoke in Avalonian to Tavaryn, "Aim where you see the weak spots."

There was no acknowledgement as Andros took aim. He spotted one and took aim at a spot he determined to be weak and let the arrow fly. As soon as he shot it, he moved while making ready with another arrow.

Andros was suspicious of their benefactor. Even the Shreyites were not willing to be near the helpful hand. He was not strong enough to see the auras like his master had been teaching him but the manner was not to his liking.

In response to his sister's question, he replied, "She mentioned the way but after this point, nothing but a whisper in the wind." It was not exactly the truth but how could he admit that he was suspicious of his character? Better to give a hint that he was in contact with his master.

To the stranger he said, "We can handle ourselves. With the people of the forest, they show us how to navigate the secrets."

Greea made her way through the building. There was a dark sense of foreboding as she climbed through the ventilation shafts. She could barely feel the governor's presence and wondered if this place was getting to her or if she was hiding.

Tyrannus had closed his eyes and sifted through the auras. He said to Virul, "Not on the ship but her presence is there. Perhaps we shoudl wait with the bait?"

Tahl looked at his Mandalorian companion. He said, "We still have warriors."

Tiye nodded, "This is true. Some in the trees and others on the ground. Give them time we must."

Meanwhile Jun-la and Matton regrouped with Komad after the fall of the walker. She said, "We still have the Death Guard. The ysalmari are being picked off."

"Best bet in the deck is to go with the the tiebreaker. Take em out," Matton said. "How is somethign to figure out. WHoever picked off the ysalmari will be trying the same with the Death Guard."
 CommanderQ
04-01-2009, 1:33 PM
Konig's emergency sensors went off, and he turned to face the threat.

Everything was in slow motion, and he saw the arrow come from one of the trees. His combat training came in, and he evaded the arrow, grabbing it as it flew past. He then fired several shots at the attacker.

The Mandalorian then began hitting Konig with his weapons.

Konig turned to face him now.

Garrick slashed his wrist blades at several of the Death Gaurd's weak points, he could see steam and blood rising from the cuts.

Suddenly, the Death Gaurd had an arrow.

And jammed it into Garrick's arm.

He then grabbed Garrick and tossed him back against a wall.

He felt his wind knocked out of him as he slid down.

But Garrick was a Mando'a, it would take more then that to stop him.

He stood, with a little trouble, and raised his blades.

He then charged again.

Durrel looked at the Jedi.

"We have no time to wait for your friends to kill the gaurd, we must move now!"

He then saw Garrick thrown against the wall nearby.

Durrel grunted and stood, the other Mando'a following suite.

"We must go now!"
 JediMaster12
04-01-2009, 7:02 PM
Tiye didn't need to see. She knew the price of war. She looked and then saw an arrow whizzing through the air. It struck one of the guard in the weak point near the armpit. She replied, "We can move now but we must be cautious. Friends are in the trees." She then pointed as a glimpse of Tavaryn came into view on the branch of one of the trees. He was gone as soon as he shot another arrow at the guard he just hit.

Tahl said, "Agreed." He then pulled out his sword and shouted at the top of his voice in Belosian, "Volley and charge!"
 CommanderQ
04-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Konig took another arrow in a weak spot.

He roared in anger and launched an incendiary rocket at the trees, exploding the trees in flame almost instantly.

He then turned to the Mandalorian.

Garrick jumped at the Death Gaurd slashing at multiple points.

But his attack was quickly countered as the massive man kicked him in the stomach. Even with armor on, he felt several things break. He managed to stand again, but he moved slowly, and the Death Gaurd grabbed him by the throat and lifted him high, choking the life out of him.

Garrick coughed and sputtered as he struggled to get out of the gaurd's death grip. But then he saw Durrel and their newly annointed Allies prepare to charge.

Captain Durrel smiled and stood on the wall that they had taken cover behind.

He raised his sword, and then pointed at the Death Gaurd.

"MANDO'A! CU'REZE' MAK'DOYA! FOR MAND'ALOR!!"

With that, the Mandalorian contingent charged towards the Mandalorian, blades drawn, and screaming their battle-cry.
 Cyborg Ninja
04-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Wrath turned around to see the chaos below. One death guard was already dead, and the other was in combat against a lot of mandos. He would need to act quickly now, but how to give the Death Guard a chance? He ignited the saber and sliced at the rock. He gave a force push and sent the rocks towards the mandalorians. He placed the saber back and looked to the two jedi. He took out his vibrosword instead and pointed it at them.

"I'm sorry, I said I couldn't let you leave like that and I meant it. Hand over the governor's daughter or I can take her and your lives."
 Alkonium
04-02-2009, 9:36 AM
"I can't let you take her, and if I have to bring down the mountains in order to protect her, I will." Kalla replied, pulling out her lightsaber, and prompting her brother to do the same.

"Of course." Virul replied. "I don't know what you hope to accomplish here, Jedi. The governor is too well guarded, and even if you kill me, you cannot destroy me." He then said over the comm system.

"There are also a large number of Stormtroopers on their way here as well. If we can hold them off, it might give those fighting the other Death Guard more time." Komad suggested.
 Tysyacha
04-02-2009, 9:45 AM
Andorra, tears pouring down her face, looked at the weak blaster in her trembling right hand. There was no way she could take down Death Guards, let alone this 'Theran Protag' character, with so lowly a weapon! What in space could she do to defend herself and the others against such a threat? Kalla, noble creature that she was, had offered to protect her upon pain of death, but Andorra vowed that she herself would die before that happened! She felt her consciousness give way, her vision blur...

No. I cannot go into 'sublustrum'. Not now. I need all my senses alert, engaged...

Avalonians, as a race, were built for diplomacy and lives of peace and luxury, not war. Their minds were keen, but their bodies were rather frail compared to those of all the other species in the galaxy. What could Andorra do to defeat the foes around her?

Then she knew. She had a sonic resonator in her belt that could damage the hearing of this 'Theran' and their other enemies, if she combined it with a deep sound she had learned to form in her throat--a cry of passion, used almost exclusively in mating or the rare war, a cross between e, u, and i. She took a deep breath.

"Plug your ears," she hissed to the Jedi, not intending to sound angry, but insistent.

Once they had, she turned on the sonic resonator and initiated warbling the sound...
 CommanderQ
04-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Konig watched the small landslide of rocks approach, and he simply jumped to evade them. He knew that Wrath was trying his best to help, but nothing could stop the inevitable.

He squeezed the Mandalorian's neck harder, but the man still resisted, not giving up.
 JediMaster12
04-02-2009, 5:41 PM
Andros realizing her intention said in a side whisper, "If you activate it now, it's not just him you'd be hurting." By nature Shreyites had sensitive hearing and Avalonians had fine tuned senses. Anything designed to disorient could seriously injure them or cause an adverse reaction that would not be good.

He turned toward the starnger and said, "You best better leave." He held his lightsaber, unlit but in a manner that indicated his readiness.

"I agree," Tonatius said coming out of the wordwork. At the last minute he chose to accompany the Shreyites and his cousin to the hinterlands. He had been at the back and had immediately sprung forward to when he spotted the stranger.

Tavaryn had cleared the area but it was a close call. He looked at his brother who was looking at him with concern and nodded that he was alright. He took another arrow and aimed at another Death Guard and fired. They had to keep the mission going.

Andros was worried that his brother hadn't cleared the trees but he should've known better. Tavaryn had been raised by tribesmen after their mother left to help the Rebel Alliance before she died. He was the fastest when it came to trees and he used caution wherever he could. Still Andros couldn't help it since they were brothers. He cleared his head and took aim to fire upon the Guard holding the Mandalorian captive. He aimed a fraction lower and let the arrow loose. Then using sentou he disappeared and reappeared next to his brother.

"You're going to have to show me that," Tavaryn said as they made their way to ground level.

"We could hold them off," Jun-la replied, "But so could the automated guns set by the Mandalorians. The Guard will be much tougher, even with the archers in the trees."

She looked at the battle progressing. There was death everywhere and she could smell the blood, smoke and fire. They had done well holding off the invaders in spite of the ysalmari. Surveying the battle she brought her comm and asked for reports from everyone. Upon learning that the Belosians were holding and they were holding, she sent to her brother, Tulre, they're going to try to flank us. Out loud she said, "They are going to try and flank us."
 CommanderQ
04-02-2009, 8:15 PM
Garrick smiled as another arrow hit the Death Gaurd. The man's grip faltered for a moment, and he took advantage of it.

He twisted the Death Gaurd's wrist as he kicked as hard as he could, and with that, the Gaurd let go.

Garrick landed on his feet and re-activated his swords, striking at the weakpoints around the stomach. Blood began to stain the Death Gaurd's armor.

Durrel noticed stormtroopers attacking from the forested areas, they were finally beginning their assualt.

"Deploy your turrets! Pick your targets and open fire!"

Durrel fired a rocket into a group of the white stormtroopers. throwing them about like toys.

He hefted his sword again and moved to help Garrick.

Konig felt his strength waning.

He made a statement to himself that he was not going to die like this. If he was going to die, it would be in a flash of glory, taking everyone down with him.

Loyalty unto Death.

That was their oath.

And Konig would uphold it with every bit of strength he had.

He roared angrily and wrenched the arrow from his side, he punched the Mandalorian hard in the face.
 Cyborg Ninja
04-02-2009, 8:40 PM
Wrath watched as the two pulled their sabers out and as another one appeared as well. It was now three on one. Wrath looked down below again to see Konig's situation had not improved.

"I will consider your "offer" for a moment."

"Lord Virul. One of the Death Guards is dead and the other is against heavy odds. I have the governor's daughter in my sight but she is protected by both of Kaltas's kids and someone else. Should I attack the three in front of me and take the girl or assist the Death Guard and Stormtroopers down below." Wrath said through the force.
 Alkonium
04-02-2009, 9:10 PM
Assist the Death Guard. I don't actually care about the governor's daughter. The only reason I want her alive is because that was the terms of getting what I wanted from the governor herself. Virul sent back to Wrath.

Kalla was surprised to see Tonatius with them, but kept her lightsaber pointed at the assailant. "He's right, using a weapon like that is too risky up here." She told Andorra. "I'm warning you, leave now." She then said to their would-be kidnapper.
 Cyborg Ninja
04-02-2009, 9:17 PM
Wrath received the response from Virul and stopped what he was doing.

"You four aren't worth it, but consider yourselves lucky. I won't spare you the next time I see you."

Wrath turned around and jumped right off the mountain. It looked like a suicide attempt but Wrath had other plans. As he fell through the air he spotted the Mandalorians. He aimed right right for two Mandos that were closet to Wrath. As he landed he felt the cracking of bones and a squishing noise. Wrath looked up and saw Konig fighting the same Mando and another was going to assist him. Wrath moved away from the other Mandalorians and let the Stormtroopers try their luck. Wrath yelled to the Mandalorian with the sword in his hand.

"Come on now Mando, Two on One? That isn't very fair."
 CommanderQ
04-02-2009, 9:46 PM
Garrick gave the Death Gaurd a hard kick in the stomach, temporarily putting him out of the fight.

He turned to face the new attacker.

"Two on one? You are a dishonorable scum. Very fitting for you....Sith."

Garrick didn't know exactly if this man was Sith, but it didn't take a Jedi Master to sense the darkness there.

Durrel saw two of his Mandalorians get smashed by the new attacker.

A deep anger and hatred welled up inside of Durrel, and he drew his second sword and began to approach.

He hated it when his men were killed. He always made sure that it was not in vain.
 Cyborg Ninja
04-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Wrath was taken back slightly by the comment. pointed his vibrosword at the Mando. He then looked at the other who looked very upset. This made Wrath happy to see him angry.

"Now which one of you wants to die first?"
 JediMaster12
04-03-2009, 8:08 PM
"You'll have to do better than spring on an injured man," Tiye replied.

"I don't know about you, but I kind of like the odds now," Matton said as he Jun-la and Komad joined to help.

Jun-la had ordered her brother to mass where the enemy attacked and to hold. Other than that, Tulre had to read the battle himself and make the best choice. Right now she was facing a death guard and a Sith. Her calm voice said, "You try for the governor and now the daughter. What makes you think you can escape when the trees are watching?"
Page: 10 of 10