Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Common Expressions

Page: 1 of 1
 HIGH ON PIE 14
10-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Just a quick question here: What are some ways to say "thats cool" in Star Wars lingo. I've tried looking, but to no avail. :( Anyway, I just need it for a fic I'm writing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :) Thanks!

~HOP
 Astor
10-06-2008, 6:18 AM
The only common expressions I know of for Star Wars are those used for communicating annoyance, such as sithspit. I don't thing there's ever been many documented uses of words that could mean cool, but I might be wrong.

Isn't 'cool' or 'awesome' good enough?
 HIGH ON PIE 14
10-06-2008, 6:05 PM
Yeah, I figured there were not many. Its kind of hard to explain why I need it without knowing the character who will use it, and in what circumstance. Still you'd think there would be something. I know Rev found a page of Star Wars insults, I was just wondering if there was onen for other expressions.

Well, unless I find one, "cool" or "awesome" will just have to do.

~HOP
 Thanatos9t
10-06-2008, 6:42 PM
I found a useful wookieepedia page:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_phrases_and_slang)

Astral appears to be cool
Pure Pazaak and Pure Sabacc mean perfect.
 Endorenna
10-06-2008, 7:41 PM
There's always, "That's soooooo wizard, Ani!" :lol:
 JediMaster12
10-06-2008, 8:21 PM
Yeah those are common expressions but why not make some up on your own?

Personally I think half the fun is creating your own words to reflect a language you want to show off. Handy if you created an entire set of people if you ask me. But if you want canon the only other one I have for you is "great" as enunciated by Lt. Dol Gren in TSL.

Good tip is to think about what your character would say. If he is like Bao-dur, go with tech talk. You know look at what the circuits look like and so on. Have fun with it. Heck my AP cohort in high school came up with the word 'orange' for cool.
 HIGH ON PIE 14
10-08-2008, 6:17 PM
Thank you for the link, Thanatos9t. :D

@Endorenna: :xp: :xp: :xp:

@JediMaster12: Normally I would think up my own, but this character is one who is just learning these expressions and learning to act human, so I wanted an expression that was fairly well known. That way it would be more humorous when she tries to copy it from people. Its hard to explain...complex character. :)

Hehe, I can appreciate the things "AP geeks" come up with, as I am a big AP geek myself. :D Need two bags for all my books. :xp:

Again thank you all!

~HOP
 JediMaster12
10-08-2008, 7:40 PM
Well you could do a 'colorful metaphor' as Spock would say but try one that we know in our modern culture like Far out or something. It would sound funny when your character tries to imitate the expression.
Page: 1 of 1