Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Casting Call: Heroes of Nentir Vale

Page: 1 of 1
 Alkonium
09-02-2008, 10:10 PM
After months of failing to get a D&D campaign started, I've decided to start this RP. Using the setting describe at the back of the 4th Edition DM's guide, this is my attempt at creating the closest approximation to proper Dungeons & Dragons within a forum-based RP. So, naturally, everything that can be brought in from the tabletop game will be modeled on 4th edition rules (except for alignment), and will follow on the Kobold Hall and Keep on the Shadowfell adventures.

http://www.eatmycomix.com/random/NentirVale.jpg)

If asked, I will post data on the different locales, as far as the DM's Guide and Keep on the Shadowfell tell me.

Character Rules:
Any 4th Edition player race or class is allowed. Races are Dragonborn, Dwarf, Eladrin, Elf, Half-elf, Halfling, Human, and Tiefling. Classes are Cleric, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Warlock, Warlord, and Wizard. Alignment follows pre-4th edition rules (good and evil, law and chaos).

Name: Curudir Therias
Race: Human
Class: Fighter
Deity: None
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Height: 5'11''
Weight: 156 lb
Equipment: Aracrist(Greatsword), Scale Armour, basic adventurer's kit
Appearance: With black hair down to his shoulders, and deep brown eyes, Curudir appears to be from somewhere in the south, but noone knows where exactly. Adding to this are his armour, which although now dented and faded from centuries of use, shows a faint sign of the dark blue hues used by the Empire of Nerath in the early days, along with their earliest insignia, which is Bahamut's Shield behind Kord's Sword, and the fact that he carriest the greatsword Aracrist, an ancient relic from the early days of the Empire, though how it came into his possession remains a mystery.
 Corinthian
09-02-2008, 10:58 PM
Before I make my character, are we going to be using Tabletop Rules, or standard Forum RP rules?
 Alkonium
09-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Since this is supposed to be an adaptation of Dungeons & Dragons to a forum based RP, I'd say that you can use tabletop rules in designing your character, but we won't be using them in the RP itself.
 Corinthian
09-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Alright.

Name: Luther Anders

Class: Paladin

Deity: Heironeous

Alignment: Lawful Good

Height: 6'0

Weight: 180 lbs

Equipment: Suit of Heavy Plate armor, obviously once a grand suit of armor, but now badly dented and corroded, the once-bright gilting and paintwork now heavily worn. His battered teardrop-shaped pinewood kite shield lies across his back for easy gripping, the heraldry now an indistinct blurring of paint and chipped wood. A burnished and still razor-sharp longsword is at his left side, the rich decoration now little more than a memory, in an old cherrywood sheath that looks barely intact.

He wears a heavy black cloak over his armor, apparently ignoring the heat of plate and cloak combined. He also owns a horse, a fine four year old chestnut courser, a little scruffy-looking but still quite healthy. In the saddlebags, he has some basic gear - water, food, a dagger, an obviously unused razor, some travel-worn clothes, and a pale blue silk scarf.
 KNeo
09-03-2008, 2:44 AM
Name: Arvel Artemis Aioko Bancroft III
Class: Warlock
Deity: Vecna (but that's a secret! shhhh. :P)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Height: 5'6''
Weight: 125 lb
Equipment: Dark leather armor, a backpack containing, 1 suntorch, 3 thunderstones, 2 pieces of chalk, an extra tunic, waterskin, and few rations. She carries a ordinary longsword and two daggers.

Hope that works. Its been a while since I've had interent and i'm excited to rp again. ^^
 Corinthian
09-08-2008, 4:55 PM
Oh, come on. This can't possibly be everyone who's interested in a fantasy RP.
 KNeo
09-11-2008, 10:28 PM
yeah come on people. I want to play! :D
 Alkonium
09-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Yeah. With the exception of the Sith Resurrection series, my RP's never seem to be that successful.
 KNeo
09-11-2008, 10:59 PM
I say we just go for it then. I'll play two characters if it will help.
 Corinthian
09-11-2008, 11:27 PM
We could, but three people is pretty few. I'll play a second character if Alkonium wants to start with just the three of us, but I'd like to get some more people.
 Alkonium
09-13-2008, 8:39 PM
I suppose we could each make another character, since I doubt we'll get anyone else. Here's another character I'll be playing then:

Name: Akra
Race: Dragonborn
Class: Warlord
Deity: Kord
Alignment: Neutral Good
Height: 6' 8''
Weight: 265 lb
Equipment: Longsword, Heavy Shield, Scale Armour
 Corinthian
09-13-2008, 11:21 PM
Name: Garron Verdaura

Race: Dwarf

Class: Wizard

Deity: Saint Cuthbert, also reveres Moradin and Dugmaren Brightmantle.

Alignment: Lawful Good

Height: 4'5

Weight: 163 lbs

Equipment: Traveling clothes (He abhors Robes), a quarterstaff, a long dagger, his leather-bound spellbook, a small wooden case with spell components, with a number of small pouches for ones he needs quick access to, and a pony.
 Hethra
09-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Is it alright if i join in with you?

Name: Hethra Hiazoki

Class: Ranger

Deity: none

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Height: 5' 10"

Weight: 149lbs

Equipment: dark leather shirt and pants, hardened leather boots, brown cloth overcoat, oak longbow, sling of arrows, steel longsword, dagger, side-slung bag containing rations and strips of cloth for first aid, and a water skin.

Appearance: He is lean, but muscled, thin from living off the land around him for most of his life, but toughened as a result. He has long dark hair, pulled back with a loose tie. His eyes are dark and peer out from a rough, weather-beaten face. There is a small scar running along one cheek, mostly hidden beneath the stubble of his beard. The cloak is long, and of a rather heavy cloth than hangs down about his feet, hiding sword and dagger from view. His bag is slung over one shoulder to hang just below his left hand.

I've never really played anything like this, but I think it should be a lot of fun.
 Alkonium
09-22-2008, 12:09 AM
Yeah, go ahead. I doubt we'll get anyone else, and it doesn't look like KNeo is actually in this.
 Hethra
09-25-2008, 4:58 PM
So what about villain PC's? Anyone making any of those, or will we just stick to the Heroes?
 Alkonium
09-25-2008, 8:56 PM
Since I'm also doing what qualifies as DMing and we're doing Kobold Hall and Keep on the Shadowfell, I guess I'll control the main villians, but feel free to make your own villians if you like.
 JediMaster12
09-29-2008, 2:17 PM
I am not familar with D&D and a bit hesitant about participating in this RP. I will if people are needed but I am not familar with the storylines and whatnot and fear it will be a drag on others.
 Alkonium
09-29-2008, 7:06 PM
Well, we're not really using the actual rules in the RP, so it shouldn't be as hard to join in without actually playing D&D. If you need more specific information, just ask me.
Page: 1 of 1