Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Darth Vader TFU Footage

Page: 1 of 1
 Jacob Nion
08-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Hey all just wanted to share this awsome Darth Vader Footage with you guys. Enjoy. Plus listen closly to what Hayden Blackman say about a SD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqrsmV6lTyg&feature=related)
 Hoad
08-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Cool, Kashyyyk looks like a lot of fun, thanks for sharing.
 Jacob Nion
08-28-2008, 12:26 PM
your welcome. Glad I can contribute.
 Hawwi Joshe
08-28-2008, 4:21 PM
Hey all just wanted to share this awsome Darth Vader Footage with you guys. Enjoy. Plus listen closly to what Hayden Blackman say about a SD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqrsmV6lTyg&feature=related)

Very nice find, good video!
 Da_Man_2423
08-28-2008, 6:34 PM
God that's bada$$. Should be an option to play the rest of the game with Vader.
 Hawwi Joshe
08-28-2008, 7:39 PM
God that's bada$$. Should be an option to play the rest of the game with Vader.

Hopefully there is a code that will allow you to do that :D
 Da_Man_2423
08-28-2008, 7:57 PM
Hopefully there is a code that will allow you to do that :D

Hopefully...

What will be the differences between Vader and Starkiller in the game? Force powers, saber moves, etc.?
 Jeff
08-28-2008, 9:01 PM
Hopefully...

What will be the differences between Vader and Starkiller in the game? Force powers, saber moves, etc.?Well I know I heard Darth Vader doesn't run he just walks, also Darth Vader can't use sith lightning.
 Da_Man_2423
08-28-2008, 9:12 PM
Well I know I heard Darth Vader doesn't run he just walks, also Darth Vader can't use sith lightning.

Simply walking everywhere is definately Vader's style...(can he even run if he wanted to?)

I knew he wouldn't be using any lightning, but does he have any special powers that Starkiller won't?
 Jacob Nion
08-28-2008, 9:17 PM
I wonder do we get to start with all of Vaders Force Powers or do we have to earn them?
 Da_Man_2423
08-28-2008, 9:22 PM
Well, considering that Vader is only used in the first level, I would assume so, but I guess there might be level up opportunities mid-level.
 swphreak
08-28-2008, 9:41 PM
I believe the first level is a special level introducing you to the "unleashed" force powers. You're supposed to be able to unlock special characters and play through the game as them. I've seen a picture or video of proxy going through a level.
 Maphisto86
08-29-2008, 4:27 AM
Well as said in the video, Vader has a special choke attack that the apprentice does not. Makes up for his lack of Force lightning in many ways. Even though Vader just strides around it looks like you can jump a bit so that should make your pace a little quicker. It's funny to see you can attack your own troops as well as the Wookiees! :lol: Definitely Darth's style...

:vader3: "You have failed me for the last time!"

Question: Does anyone know how many alternate endings there are? I hope there are more fates for the main character then just the light side ending and the Dark side ending. Like ruling with Darth Vader rather than killing him or replacing him as the Emperor's apprentice or killing both Sith. Can't you tell I love alternate endings? :D
 Da_Man_2423
08-29-2008, 8:08 AM
Question: Does anyone know how many alternate endings there are? I hope there are more fates for the main character then just the light side ending and the Dark side ending. Like ruling with Darth Vader rather than killing him or replacing him as the Emperor's apprentice or killing both Sith. Can't you tell I love alternate endings? :D

Dunno. I would assume at a bare minimum one light side and one dark side. Probably at least one other ending for good measure. So I say there are three minimum, but that's just me guessing. I couldn't find any official info regarding the number of endings.
 Juno Eclipse
08-29-2008, 1:53 PM
Well as said in the video, Vader has a special choke attack that the apprentice does not. Makes up for his lack of Force lightning in many ways. Even though Vader just strides around it looks like you can jump a bit so that should make your pace a little quicker. It's funny to see you can attack your own troops as well as the Wookiees! :lol: Definitely Darth's style...

:vader3: "You have failed me for the last time!"

There are a total of 5 different endings. Dark, Light, Kill Palpatine, Kill Vader, and the true ending.:lsduel:
 M@RS
08-29-2008, 2:34 PM
hmm, I go with killing Palpatine, jerk face that he is :D
 Da_Man_2423
08-29-2008, 9:43 PM
Well that's good to know. I'll be forced to play the game a minimum of 5 times then!
 Maphisto86
08-30-2008, 1:45 AM
There are a total of 5 different endings. Dark, Light, Kill Palpatine, Kill Vader, and the true ending.:lsduel:

Where did you hear this. I could find next to nothing about it which is why I asked. I'd just like to know if you got this info from a reliable source. I hear all sorts of gaming rumors or "facts" that I believe are true but turn out false.
 Jacob Nion
08-30-2008, 10:56 AM
very very sweet. Good find
 LordSerion
08-30-2008, 5:01 PM
5 endings o.O?! Cool, that means at least 5 times playing the game to the end!
 vader815
08-30-2008, 10:28 PM
i cant believe it, that video just confirmed for me that you cannot go head to head with a second player in some multiplayer mode on the 360..... WTF... u give us all this power and then say we can't actually say i am better with the force than you are to a friend unless you are one of the juvenile minded people who actually paid money for a console i consider useless (except for the WiiFit) the Wii!!!!

well this news has just made me say that Fracture is now the top thing on my list of games from LA that will save it until they create BF3
 Juno Eclipse
09-14-2008, 4:07 PM
i cant believe it, that video just confirmed for me that you cannot go head to head with a second player in some multiplayer mode on the 360..... WTF... u give us all this power and then say we can't actually say i am better with the force than you are to a friend unless you are one of the juvenile minded people who actually paid money for a console i consider useless (except for the WiiFit) the Wii!!!!

well this news has just made me say that Fracture is now the top thing on my list of games from LA that will save it until they create BF3

Oh come on! You had to like twilight princess, metroid 3, and brawl:D

Those games were awesome.
 Aku
09-14-2008, 5:04 PM
Oh come on! You had to like twilight princess, metroid 3, and brawl:D

Those games were awesome.
Yes, they were. As was Super Mario Galaxy. It's a shame those were the only awesome games though :'3
 Bomberman65
09-14-2008, 6:28 PM

Where did you get this info from Eclipse? Is it creditible? Source please.
 Hawwi Joshe
09-14-2008, 7:12 PM
There's only two endings from what I'm reading, I read it on LucasArts Forums and also at GameFAQS where a FAQ was posted answering several questions people were having about the game.

Anyway, here is the link (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=933155&topic=45293661). If you look at the second post, it should be the 3rd question down. There may be a few spoilers in there, so if you aren't wanting to ruin any part of the game make sure to just read the question regarding the endings.
 Bomberman65
09-14-2008, 7:52 PM
Yeah Id like to know the source that Eclipse posted saying theres 4 endings. I only think theres 2 endings like most SW games.
 Juno Eclipse
09-14-2008, 8:04 PM
I cant find the source this exact second but I'm searching everywhere so Ill post it soon.
 Juno Eclipse
09-14-2008, 8:26 PM
I cant find the source this exact second but I'm searching everywhere so Ill post it soon.

Ok here is light side:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gft-9QaO8OU&feature=related)

Instead of fighting palpatine you could kill vader instead. After you killed him you have the option of then killing the emperor. Killing them both is dark side.:D

I covered all of them right?
 Hawwi Joshe
09-14-2008, 8:47 PM
SPOILER TAGS!
 Juno Eclipse
09-14-2008, 8:52 PM
SPOILER TAGS!

Hey, YOU wanted the endings:lol:
 Hawwi Joshe
09-14-2008, 8:55 PM
I just wanted to know how many, not how each ending plays out ;)
 Bomberman65
09-14-2008, 10:15 PM
So have i got this right?

*SPOILERS*!!

You have the dark side where u kill vader and the emperor and then the light side one. And 2 more if you kill just the emperor or kill just vader. Then theres the real one. Is that right?

And how do you do the spoiler text where its all white and you have to highlight it to see. How do u do spoilers full stop?
 Juno Eclipse
09-14-2008, 11:02 PM
So have i got this right?

*SPOILERS*!!

You have the dark side where u kill vader and the emperor and then the light side one. And 2 more if you kill just the emperor or kill just vader. Then theres the real one. Is that right?

And how do you do the spoiler text where its all white and you have to highlight it to see. How do u do spoilers full stop?

Correct:D
 Exile007
09-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Correct:D

Nice find. :)
 LordSerion
09-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Heh, nice find indeed. I think I'll go for the Dark endings first.
 Force Unleashed
09-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Ok here is light side:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gft-9QaO8OU&feature=related)

Instead of fighting palpatine you could kill vader instead. After you killed him you have the option of then killing the emperor. Killing them both is dark side.:D

I covered all of them right?

**SPOILER ALERT**

I beat the game last night and ending was battling Darth Vader(not killing him), then during a cutscene the Emperor says to kill Vader and take his place and at the same time Master Kota tries to kill the Emperor, you then have the choice of going to kill Darth Vader and taking his place at the Emperor's side(although you must battle Vader again and he has FULL HEALTH again and seems harder to beat this time), if you choose to do that and beat Vader, it then goes to another cutscene where the Emperor says to show that you are now a Sith and to become his Apprentice you must kill Master Kota, the Apprentice pulls his lightsaber, acts like he's going to strike Kota but tries to strike the Emperor, but the Emperor was on his toes. The Emperor then presumeably kills you, but in a cutscene at the very end you come back reminiscant of Anakin turning to Darth Vader(man turning to machine). This is the Dark Side ending. I did lose to Vader once and there was no alternate ending cutscene or anything like that, you just start over.

For the light side ending, you battle Darth Vader first but don't kill him(just the same as the dark side ending), but then when the same first cutscene comes on after the battle, you then choose to save Kota by battling the Emperor, if you beat him it goes to cutscene, where the Emperor says, "You were destined to destroy me, DO IT!" The Apprentice has no second thoughts until Kota persuades him not to kill him in anger. The Emperor then uses Force Lightning on Kota(not killing him) and then right after that him and the Apprentice have a Force Lightning stalemate, which ends in the Emperor, Vader and the Apprentice all being blown away from the lightning. The Emperor and Vader survive, the Apprentice dies. I did not die before "beating"(by beating I mean before the cutscene) the Emperor. I doubt it would have an ending either though as the level wouldn't be complete.

I am doubting there are any other endings, though I wish there was.
 SW01
09-18-2008, 1:28 PM

Open a square bracket - [ - and type SPOILER, then close the square bracket - ]. Type your spoiler. When finished with the spoiler, open another bracket and type /SPOILER then close the bracket.

On topic, I am pleased that alternate endings at least exist. That gives the game immediate replay value - I'll not only have to complete it with every combination of sabres and robes, but also for each of light and dark!:lol:

Also, if the code to play as Vader works, I'll have to play through as him - he looks amazing in TFU!
Page: 1 of 1