Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Seriously.. No one is disappointed with this game??

Page: 2 of 2
 Da_Man_2423
08-23-2008, 8:08 PM
I don't think you understand. The enemies in this game are extremely easy to beat already, and allowing one hit kills would just make it all pointless.
 goosefrappa
08-24-2008, 12:34 AM
Honestly.. I could care less about Jedi Knight or academy.. I don't think they are the best games.. The only reason I like it, is because the force powers and saber are done extremely well.

How so? If you play base, Duals are horribly over powered, and staff is op. Yeah talk about being well done, obviously you don't take balance into account when you say something is well done. Also with mods like JA+ and Clanmod, which alter the game play mechanics so slashes which go THROUGH an enemy don't do damage, yet when your opponent misses it does damage. Leaving duels to become a dodge and slash fest 'nuff said.

As for the force powers, how are they well done? You can't even have a force vs force battle properly without resorting to pull kick, flip kick or absorb spam to avoid getting effected by drain/lightning. That's well done huh?

To your comments about amazing MP. I've been banned from many servers for "laming" in the Free For All mode. There should be a mode called "DFA" (do effe all) and use the game like msn/aim/yim.
 fastfed
09-16-2008, 6:31 PM
Boy oh boy.. I do not think I was that far off with my review.. It looks as though this game is being considered one of the worst hype's of gaming in years..

Glad I was smart enough to see it though :)
 theTuskenRaider
09-16-2008, 7:57 PM
Just completed the game, it was amazing. Though way to short, I completed it under 5 hours.
 Hawwi Joshe
09-16-2008, 8:29 PM
Just completed the game, it was amazing. Though way to short, I completed it under 5 hours.

I've really liked it thus far as well. What console did you get it for?
 LordOfTheFish
09-16-2008, 9:28 PM
Now that Ive played it (for Wii), I'm a little disappointed, but I still like it a lot!
 assassing3
09-17-2008, 2:39 AM
This game is about the Sith not jedi
thus if you look at the code of the sith

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

The force not lightsaber
could this game be better yes
will you enjoy i enjoy it no matter what
"a hell yes"
i like this new approach to star wars
 Rabish Bini
09-17-2008, 2:57 AM
I loved the demo, and when I get the pre-ordered version tomorrow, I'm probably gonna love it more.

So what if it has an arcade-y feel, what's wrong with arcade games. Burnout 3 was an extremely arcade racer, yet it's rated by me, and heaps of critics, as one of the best games ever, metacritic gave it a total of 100 out of a possible 100!
I do not see your point behind, "the game is too arcade-y"
 Da_man
09-17-2008, 10:35 AM
I don't see anything wrong with "arcade-y" games. The whole Burnout series was very arcade-y besides maybe Paradise, but it is still a good series. So what if TFU is "arcade-y" IT is still AWESOME!
 Ctrl Alt Del
09-17-2008, 1:34 PM
So what if it has an arcade-y feel, what's wrong with arcade games. Burnout 3 was an extremely arcade racer, yet it's rated by me, and heaps of critics, as one of the best games ever, metacritic gave it a total of 100 out of a possible 100!
I do not see your point behind, "the game is too arcade-y"

There's a big difference. Burnout is a racing game genre, while TFU is, or should be an action game. Can you imagine, for example, a decent arcade-ish RPG?

And for the record, I love Burnout.
 TKA-001
09-17-2008, 2:05 PM
This game is about the Sith not jedi
thus if you look at the code of the sith

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

The force not lightsaber
could this game be better yes
will you enjoy i enjoy it no matter what
"a hell yes"
i like this new approach to star wars
That's the most inane argument in regards to this game that I've ever heard. I'm not ever sure who it's directed at.
 Darthmalius
09-17-2008, 5:34 PM
I started playing the game last night. I was really looking forward to it and when I started as Vader (I don't think this is a spoiler is it?) I thought how awesome. I knew it was just a getting to know thw game and system moment but it was still pretty cool.

Unfortunatly I too found myself extreamly dissapointed. I guess I was just hoping this game would be a lot more than it is. I bought it for the Wii and I realize the graphics arn't as good and personaly I didn't really mind all the much besides I was expenting it especialy for the wii after all wii isn't HD and it's graphics capacity isn't all that good anyways.

I must say id I bought it for any other system I would consider not playing it at all but the wii adds an element that makes it worth playing. Although I agree with Lucasarts the Wiimotion and a little bit better 1:1 ratio saber system would have been a major inprovment. As it is I go for killing stokes and blocks and the guy just does whatever he wants most of the time which is frustraiting but unfortunalyu expected as well.

I'm afraid to even try duel mode whats the point whomever swings thier remote the fastest wins?

Where I am seriously dissapointed in is the lack of game to it. I haven't finished but I have gotten what seems like pretty far I was hoping I was mistaken but from what others are saying I am probly at least half way through.

the boss battles are major dissapointments it's all about weakness and moves. not about strategy. it's not about foce leaping behind the guy slashing behind you and hacking the dude up and then doing an upper cut swing to slice into him. it's about wait...swing block block block swing oh did I actualy get a hit in wow!

Now about what the guy was saying before about the liughtsaber physics being wrong. Well sorry to say thats just good game design if you could cut through anything even bosses in a single swing the game would be over before it began. Also a single laser bolt would kill you unless you activley blocked, repulsed and absorbed those shots and with the smounts pumped into you it's not possible in this game.

If there was a stelth element so you could act more like an assasin and sneak around corners and chock gaurdsw before they could see you and put up force shields and such it might be ok to have real physics. Unfortunaly thats not so.

I am a huge Knights of the old Republic fan. I love RPGs. They are my favorite genera of game I love to get in get involved customize my character and gear, weapons, armor. But there is little of that in here. There isn't any run here and there and complete quests and basicly dwell in an enviroment for a while interacting with interesting characters and worlds. So I have to say thats the #1 dissapointing thing for me.

Now I love what they did with the game. I like the fact that He doesn't just have two slices and that his force push doesn't have a null effect against bosses and such. This game is a great start for what would be a game of games. This shouldn't have been the end result. It should have been just another game for Lucasarts hyping an even bigger game they would apply the lessons the learned making this one too.

I am sort of looking forward to getting and playing Clone Wars Duels too but if the saber system is anything like this one it might not be worth it. Hurry up Wi Motion Plus the force needs you!
 csneo23
09-19-2008, 12:24 AM
Honestly.. I could care less about Jedi Knight or academy.. I don't think they are the best games.. The only reason I like it, is because the force powers and saber are done extremely well.

I was not really expecting TFU to be Conan or God of War with a light saber..
I was not expecting little health bars above an enemies head.
Hey it is what it is.. I just cannot believe you all think this is a great game, besides even the major fail they did with the forces and light saber, the game play is pretty weak.. The camera control on is is horrible, its very clunky as it sits. And who ever said they don't release the "full" graphics for a demo, well I don't even need to comment on that. What you see now, is just how the real game will be played.

I think the problem here is people don't know the difference between good and bad because most of us are either not even star wars fans or have seen or read original classic books or movies. I believe the author of this thread and other people in this forum who do not like the game aren't being taken correctly. Take the movie that came out this summer the DARK KNIGHT with heath ledger playing joker. THat movie was good because of heath ledger in my opinion of course and without him I think the movie wouldn't have been half as good. Now people that are really die hard star wars fans and gamers expected something revolutionary. Something that hit them as hard as jedi outcast did or as hard as the first kotor game did. It isn't that they wanted to the same game, it's more like they wanted something brilliant and evolutionary, something that would change games and hopefully as a bonus the SW story line as well. The game in my opinion (since we are so fond of calling people out on fact), was extremely disappointing. THat is not to say that it wasn't deserving of a rating that is 7.2 (which is a fact and is what it got on IGN). But who cares about reviewers points of views. I was looking for a video game to be like N64 goldeneye, a revolution in SW and it wasn't that. Is it a "good" game? I guess, I mean if your the type to settle on things but then again halo 2 was a "good" game (the multiplayer was nothing short of great but I'm referring to the SP), so was splinter cell Pandora Tomorrow. But in a year or two will TFU really be remembered. No, it won't even thought of. It will sit on the shelf collecting dust, and that is not where I expected my $60+ dollars to go.
 Rabish Bini
09-19-2008, 3:00 AM
I think they should've gone the whole nine yards and added in a scoring system and leaderboard for every level, complete with insane scores the developers got, that would've been sweet as, and would've added replayability for me :)
 Darthmalius
09-19-2008, 2:01 PM
I just finished the game. I stand by my review earlier.

I would just like to inject that I am a huge SW fan I have seen every movie in the dozens of times I collect the figures and vehicals as well as pens paper and plates and whatever. So I'm not just a gamer.

I did like the storyline but it wasn't the greatest I am curious how the the novel takes the events but I was hoping to get the story through the game but it seems there is a lot the novel probly has that is left out in the game.

The repeditiveness is a little dissapointing revisiting the same places again and again in a linier fashion. If it's going to be linier it shouldn't be repeditive. If it's going to be repeditive it should have been more like KOTOR where you can visit whatever planet you want in whatever order you want to.

The combat system was good I liked the improvments especialy for the wii but it still had some bugs and the big bosses all had cheats that made it mot all that fun to fight.

When i was fighting I tried doing actual blocks from what the guy was throwing at me and then they liked usualy to hold a very high stance with thier weapons so I would try uppercuts and lower slicies to come up from under thier defences but thats not what my characters did which was dissapointing. The saber reacted well to my movements but not very accuratly. Also the recovery time was a problem. They want a penalty for getting hit or getting blocked they go on the fact that if in real life your hit it takes a bit to recover sometimes but they ignore the fact that you can anticipate failure and you can even plan for a counterstrike even while being fuorted. so when I getr hit and I go to toss out a lightning ball as I am flying back or roll back from a hit and toss out a force push I take too long to recover and then just end up getting hit again and again.

The big bosses like the AT-ST have auto hits that are just stupid they are ways to keep you from just walking up and slicing them up with impunity. Well thats what I should be able to do. Should I get squished if I get stepped on? yes I should have to dodge that. But jumping up to the window the slice at them and getting auto knocked back just from touching the "wrong" place? thats stupid. And there are other bosses that are worse if youy land near they your hit even if your not being actually hit by then. We saw Legolus grab the elephante's tusk and find his way up the things weapons to get on top and kill it. We should be able to do similar things. Climb right up the thing and beat the crap out of hit not get auto hit cause they think it's more sporting and makes it more of a boss for us.

But I did enjoy the story it was very fun it was the only thing that met my expectations. It didn't exceed them. I was expecting a huge twist I was hearing all about but it never came. honestly I think they just said "How about if we make this happen?" and did it not thinking at all that it didn't really make sence in the scheme of things. I mean an event of that nature should have a resounding impact not just never mentioned again especialy when Luke joins up and it's like "Hey another jedi you know the last one .....".

Anyways I really liked the game I am playing it again to try to get all the holocrans which I am finding because of the gameplay and camera limitations is extreamly difficult and sometimes I have no time to search a boss area because I can't get away from him to search and the camer is trained on the boss so I can't look around very easly. Another major problem with the game is the camera angles and your lack of control over it. If you stand still you can look around but if your moving you should be able to change your views by changing your character position but it's usualy not that simple in smaller spaces. Is it tough to get a good angle in a small space with an over the shoulder camera angle? Yes but nothing worth doing will be easy to do.
 theparallaxview
09-19-2008, 5:32 PM
honestly i think they did a horrible job with this game, don't get me wrong.. i think all of the force effects are cool but like i dont get how on the 2nd difficulty, the 2nd darth vader fight (when you choose to kill him) is nearly impossible, and how I had a much easier time with taking down the star destroyer on the 2nd difficulty than on the first one, I still can't do it on the first difficulty, its ****ing ridiculous. and imo, the game is too short for the story.
 SW01
09-19-2008, 6:07 PM
I just got the game today. And as far as I'm concerned this game is...

...great! The graphics are just...wow...the story is at least original, and as for difficulty, I'm playing on Sith Warrior and I've had my rear handed to me several times - not least by the bosses.

Battles appear more tactical than some other SW offerings...such as the Ep. 3 tie-in...with attempting to bypass defenses and adapting tactics to multiple enemies.

Especially in the fights on Felucia - the warriors supported by Shaman seem impervious to melee, but keep closing on you. The fight with Shaak Ti is much the same, I think.

Is it a KotOR beater? No. But it was never going to be. Is it as good as JK? Well, I've only played JA, but this has a better story, a better battle system, and all that.

Does it live up to the hype? How could it - really? The same happened with GTA IV and Assassin's Creed - they were built up so much that there was no way it could match expectations.

My opinion - a good game, worth buying, and enjoying. If other SW console games build on this, we should finally have some decent ones that don't centre on LEGO.:D
 Negative Sun
09-19-2008, 7:52 PM
Is it a KotOR beater? No. But it was never going to be. Is it as good as JK? Well, I've only played JA, but this has a better story, a better battle system, and all that.
JO is like a million times better, story-wise...:xp:

Roger Roger
Dude, can you fix your sig picture please it's like way too huge! 120px max in height I'm sure it is ;)
 HerbieZ
09-19-2008, 8:31 PM
I just finished it. I loved it personally, it had the charm of the original trilogy all over it. It was parallel with how good Shadows of the Empire was in it's day. I especially loved the visuals such as the junk-jedi temple and pretty much all of Raxus Prime. Best of all was the script and acting in it. It was better than the films, and Sam Witwer's voice really fit into the role well. The graphics were good enough to pick up the little nuances of the characters. The slight head movements and looks that define someones expression. This is the only game i have seen do that to such a high level. These factors made the game rate high for me. Creating pretty cool scenes like the death of the Junk-Jedi, the story was also fantastic.

The only things i had problems with were the button press finishing moves that took my focus off what was actually going on on-screen and the Star Destroyer death scene. I followed the on-screen instructions yet it took me ages as the Star Destroyer had to be in a VERY specific position for you to start bringing it down.
 Rabish Bini
09-20-2008, 5:29 AM
Does it live up to the hype? How could it - really? The same happened with GTA IV and Assassin's Creed - they were built up so much that there was no way it could match expectations.
Whoa! Hold the phone! GTA IV didn't live up to expectations? Not only did it live up to them, it shattered them, easily.

Anyway, no, I am not disappointed by this game, and a lot of other aren't either, you're title has no merit, as there are plenty of people who are disappointed, thus, another thread title has failed. :carms:
 Henz
09-20-2008, 7:45 AM
GTA 4 was crap.

I'm getting this game for my birthday. Hopefully my xbox is back in time (Red Ring of Death :( )
 Ctrl Alt Del
09-20-2008, 8:08 AM
Anyway, no, I am not disappointed by this game, and a lot of other aren't either, you're title has no merit, as there are plenty of people who are disappointed, thus, another thread title has failed. :carms:

So that disqualifies any comments of people who didn't liked the game? And that isn't even his case.
 Rabish Bini
09-20-2008, 8:16 AM
So that disqualifies any comments of people who didn't liked the game? And that isn't even his case.
I never said that though, did I? I was saying that the title of the thread wasn't a very smart choice. That's all.

@Henz: I've just lost faith in humanity :carms:
 Master Desann
09-20-2008, 10:28 PM
I think criticisms would be a better word. Ultimately, I like the game as most do. However, there are some game elements that I could do without. IE: Cheap Deaths. Further, I would like to be able to block when I really need to. For example, I just spent the last hour trying to beat the Jedi Shaak Ti. I began to notice a pattern with her and I was ready for her "Force Push" counter-attack but I can't block it no matter how close or far away she is. I can jump over it but I can't block it. It is blockable I have done it before. I'm not talking about her charged-up attack, it's just a force push. The block control is very slow to respond. Some more work on the block control really should have been done. Additionally, the game should have some equality to it. Is it really necessary for some of the opponents to be nearly impossible to beat? The gameplay is really punishing. The more powerful I become in terms of force power, the more my opponents run over me in a fight. Unreal! A 14 second fight is fair? I was trounced out there. This apprentice isn't learning anything if he can get his face kicked in inside of 15 seconds. I could also do without the charged-up attacks from the opponents. When they are charging up, they can't be attacked. When I charge up, I can get smashed. Not fair and not equal.

More thoughts in terms of equality in the game, why is it necessary for additional opponents to be part of the boss stages? I'm just one guy, why fight a boss and 20 other guys too? The boss is hard enough.

In terms of other thoughts I have, I really don't like the targeting especially when there are multiple attackers. It really is pretty useless. My thought is, if you are going to target an enemy specifically, you should be able to do certain things with the targeted enemy. IE: Jump into the air over the opponent and swing the lightsaber downward toward the head of the opponent. Think, the Jedi Outcast series. Kyle Katarn's move. Targeting should have it's own set of moves. Moves you can only do to a targeted enemy. The cut scenes are great but I don't like the interactive ones much. When I need to push buttons in a specific series to beat an opponent, I don't feel powerful. Why is it that the really cool moves can only be done in the interactive cut scenes? Why can't I get to a level of power so massive that I can lift an ATST and slam it down all by myself? Now that's power! This game missed the mark there in terms of feeling really powerful. I'm sure Darth Vader himself could rip a ATST in half with just a fraction of his total power so why can't his apprentice do similar things? Just a thought.

Wow! This post is getting long. I could go on but as I said before, ultimately I like the game. I bought it and tried to keep Kyle Katarn out of my head when playing. I didn't think the game would be similar to those and I was right. Is it better, I would say no. The characters in this game don't make me mad enough to want them dead. I will fight them and try to beat them but they don't get my engine running. Master Desann from the Jedi Outcast series on the other hand, made me really mad. His comments, his demeanor, his ego and a meriad of other things. I desperately wanted to get to fight him and I couldn't wait to cut him in half which ultimately I finally did. So, just to recap, the game is cool but it's lacking in some areas. I haven't beaten the whole thing yet but I'm still interested in the conclusion.

Thanks for reading
 Rev7
09-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Ya, I finished the game yesterday, and I was pleased with it. The only thing that I was dissappointed with was not being able to choose your ending, and the end itself on the PS2 version of the game. I think that the ending was a little bit...lacking for some reason.

I really do think that it is a fun game, and I love the acting in it. Just how you use the force powers in the game is fun! Great game if you ask me. I am already on my second playthrough...:D
 TriggerGod
09-21-2008, 12:27 AM
Ya, I finished the game yesterday, and I was pleased with it. The only thing that I was dissappointed with was not being able to choose your ending, and the end itself on the PS2 version of the game. I think that the ending was a little bit...lacking for some reason.
The Wii version has that. Did you kill vader or did you attack the Emperor? Doing one causes one ending, and doing the other causes the other ending.

I really do think that it is a fun game, and I love the acting in it.
Yes. It is very nice.
Just how you use the force powers in the game is fun!
Yeah, its giving me an exercise :p
Great game if you ask me. I am already on my second playthrough...:D
As am I. In the Wii Version (not sure about other versions), but, after you finish the game, your asked if you want to go through the game again, with all the stuff you had at the Endgame (hilts, crystals, powers, outfits). So, with my powerful Apprentice, I just breezed through the TIE level and the first trip to the temple :) (Currently trying to find the hilt on Raxus Prime)
 Darthmalius
09-21-2008, 5:11 PM
"The cut scenes are great but I don't like the interactive ones much. When I need to push buttons in a specific series to beat an opponent, I don't feel powerful. Why is it that the really cool moves can only be done in the interactive cut scenes? Why can't I get to a level of power so massive that I can lift an ATST and slam it down all by myself?"

I agree the truth is the cut scenes had all the best moves and even if thier going to be cut scenes I shouldn't have to press buttons or in the wii case which is what I have you shake controlers. The problem is I am so concerened with beating the little bastards that I miss all the cool moves because I am waiting to see what I need to do next to move on.

"The Wii version has that. Did you kill vader or did you attack the Emperor? Doing one causes one ending, and doing the other causes the other ending."

I am not sure where this choice is. There is also talk about taking down a star destroyer and how tough that is.

My star destroyer it taken down in a cut scene there is no interaction for me at all.

The ending first I beat vader, they don't ask my opinion they just throw me in to the fight. Then I have to fight the Emperor and again i don't get asked any options it just does it.

Where are thier options trees other people are getting or are they just for non Wii versions?
 Juno Eclipse
09-21-2008, 6:22 PM
"The cut scenes are great but I don't like the interactive ones much. When I need to push buttons in a specific series to beat an opponent, I don't feel powerful. Why is it that the really cool moves can only be done in the interactive cut scenes? Why can't I get to a level of power so massive that I can lift an ATST and slam it down all by myself?"

I agree the truth is the cut scenes had all the best moves and even if thier going to be cut scenes I shouldn't have to press buttons or in the wii case which is what I have you shake controlers. The problem is I am so concerened with beating the little bastards that I miss all the cool moves because I am waiting to see what I need to do next to move on.

"The Wii version has that. Did you kill vader or did you attack the Emperor? Doing one causes one ending, and doing the other causes the other ending."

I am not sure where this choice is. There is also talk about taking down a star destroyer and how tough that is.

My star destroyer it taken down in a cut scene there is no interaction for me at all.

The ending first I beat vader, they don't ask my opinion they just throw me in to the fight. Then I have to fight the Emperor and again i don't get asked any options it just does it.

Where are thier options trees other people are getting or are they just for non Wii versions?

The Wii, sadly does not have these as actual levels in the game. As you experienced, they are cut scenes:(
 SW01
09-21-2008, 8:50 PM

You don't get an actual option. This is how it works on PS3, don't know if Wii is the same:

After defeating Vader and watching the cutscene, you find yourself on a catwalk. Rush for the Emperor to fight him, or jump over the barrier to fight Vader again, and go dark.
 Zerimar Nyliram
09-21-2008, 9:29 PM
My thoughts on this matter: if you were disappointed with this game, you expected too much. Sometimes it's very easy to build something up so much in our heads that what we expect to see is downright unrealistic, and the finished product will never be satisfactory. I, however, did not expect this game to be anything spectacular apart from the innovative Force grip functionality and really fun boss battles, which is exactly what we got and more, and I am quite pleased with it. (Except for the feeling that the 360 version is a little lacking as far as extra content goes. The two-player battle mode that the last-gen consoles have would have been a nice addition.)
 Zerimar Nyliram
09-21-2008, 9:36 PM
Desann, please don't take any offense to this, but it seems that you just really suck at this game. :( I haven't found any of the battles to be particularly grueling as I grew in the Force, did not find any of the opponents "nearly impossible" to beat, and had no trouble defeating Shaak Ti within ten to fifteen minutes. It seems you just need to learn to use the Force more effectively.

"You must unlearn what you have learned." ;)
 Rev7
09-22-2008, 12:53 AM
The Wii version has that. Did you kill vader or did you attack the Emperor? Doing one causes one ending, and doing the other causes the other ending.
I don't think that I really had a choice.
Galen attack Vader the First time, then a second time. And then I think that Galen jumped in the way of Sidious's Force Lightning and the game was basically over. Just showed the cutscene with Sidious and Galen in his Sith Stalker suit.
So ya, I don't think that I really had a chose. Or at least formally...

As am I. In the Wii Version (not sure about other versions), but, after you finish the game, your asked if you want to go through the game again, with all the stuff you had at the Endgame (hilts, crystals, powers, outfits). So, with my powerful Apprentice, I just breezed through the TIE level and the first trip to the temple :) (Currently trying to find the hilt on Raxus Prime)
I know! I am doing the same thing. You really just breeze through the first levels of the game....
 Rabish Bini
09-22-2008, 1:36 AM
I don't think that I really had a choice.
Galen attack Vader the First time, then a second time. And then I think that Galen jumped in the way of Sidious's Force Lightning and the game was basically over. Just showed the cutscene with Sidious and Galen in his Sith Stalker suit.
So ya, I don't think that I really had a chose. Or at least formally...
Did you jump down to attack the damaged vader? Cos if so, then before you jump down, run right to verse palpy
 liquidous_fleshbag
10-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Really? Wow, I think this game does kick a**... Well, probably not as good as JK, but, WOW, in JK you can push someone probably 3, 4 meters away from you? But in this game... WOW... Don't you just love the bodies of Stormtroopers, flying in the air, flying away from you... Man... I do...:D
 Darth Eclipse
10-10-2008, 11:20 AM
I like impaling them, then throwing them.
 SW01
10-10-2008, 6:20 PM
Lift 'em, shock 'em, toss 'em.

That's how I do things!:D

And one of the reasons I like this game!
 Henz
10-11-2008, 5:54 PM
I was pretty disappointed. It's one of the most frustrating games I've ever played I must say. It's so, so good in places and utterly tedious in others. Never have I loved and hated something as much as this.
 JoeDoe 2.0
10-11-2008, 8:07 PM
The story and characters are good, the only thing I would have liked to see would have been more environments and planets
 Da_Man_2423
10-11-2008, 8:12 PM
The story and characters are good

Same could be said for practically anything else Star Wars-related.

the only thing I would have liked to see would have been more environments and planets

I would have liked to see that, plus a little bit better of everything else.
 Endorenna
10-11-2008, 8:31 PM
I loved this game from the moment I turned it on, and I still love it. I like the life bars over their heads, it really helps. (For those of you who don't like it, I believe there's an option to turn them off ;))
 Zerimar Nyliram
10-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Same could be said for practically anything else Star Wars-related.

You've never read anything by Kevin J. Anderson or Tom Veich, have you?

I sort of envy you.
 Ctrl Alt Del
10-12-2008, 11:04 AM
The point stands. It could have been (as it is) an awesome book, but it kind of failed as a game.
 TSi21
10-13-2008, 7:02 PM
Just a few complaints from my end. First of all, the game was short. Everyone knows this. Even going through on Sith Lord difficulty and collecting all of the holocrons, I still beat the game in less than 10 hours.

Secondly, the number of problems I have had with the game. Whenever I get up to the rail gun on Raxus Prime, I can pretty much guarantee that my game will freeze before getting to the Star Destroyer. Sometimes it's when I hit one of the first two nodes with lightning, other times it's right before the Star Destroyer comes out of the factory. In addition, every time I have faced Shaak Ti, I have ended up going through the ground and being unable to attack or defend myself. I've gotten lucky twice when I managed to mash a bunch of buttons just as I got hit with her ground attack.

Last little complaint here. Sith Lord difficulty was incredibly tedious. Instead of making you actually thing and use different strategies and tactics, LA basically turned the damage resistance on the enemies up. Most notably was the Bull Rancor. I finally found a good strategy to beat it, but even then, the damage I did to it on each attack was pathetic.

Overall, I'd give the game maybe a 6 out of 10. It was fun for a little while, then it just got to be the same thing over and over. It just seems to me that LA did a quick and dirty job with this and figured with DMM and Euphoria, it wouldn't be a big deal.
 Shem
10-14-2008, 6:31 AM
Secondly, the number of problems I have had with the game. Whenever I get up to the rail gun on Raxus Prime, I can pretty much guarantee that my game will freeze before getting to the Star Destroyer. Sometimes it's when I hit one of the first two nodes with lightning, other times it's right before the Star Destroyer comes out of the factory.I've had this problem too at times. I've crashed about 5 or 6 times total so far. I've noticed that the less I use Force Lightning, the more likely it won't crash. Since I have taken that approach, it hasn't crashed yet.
 Lord Foley
10-14-2008, 10:27 AM

I sort of envy you.

Kevin J. Anderson was much better than new authors like Karen Travis and Troy Denning.

But like I said before, I really liked the game, aside from its shortness. I have the Wii version, and although the duel mode is repetitive, it is really fun just to start up the game and school your friend with the Force. Graphics could have been much better, but I still love all my Gamecube games, so that wasn't such a downside after the initial shock.
 Redwing
10-14-2008, 4:39 PM
Its basically fable, God of War and conan with a light saber. I am a big fan of star Wars and even a bigger when it comes to the games. I was obviously expecting much more and was horribly let down.

I just don't understand how you all could be loving it this much.. Its not a jedi character at all.. The light saber should be just that, a light saber, not a sword that glows. 1 slash and it should cut the person in half, not "injure" them.

I dunno about Conan or God of War since I haven't been able to play those, but I did notice something of a Fable-esque sheen to the proceedings. I'm only in the second level, though. (First started playing the game last night!) I was briefly bothered by the lightsaber not-instakilling, but if the lightsaber DID instakill, the game would be - I think - much less fun. (Too easy, and no room for Force powers...) So far I've been very entertained, and I don't even have that many powers yet!
 GwannaSauna
10-18-2008, 3:29 PM
When compared to JK, it does sort of have that feel. I thought it was damn fun and I still play. No, it doesn't feel like an arcade game, it's just another fun Star Wars game. Just move on and enjoy the damn game.

Today is the day I'm going to get the Corellian Star
 Zerimar Nyliram
10-18-2008, 3:54 PM
Kevin J. Anderson was much better than new authors like Karen Travis and Troy Denning.

Touche.
Page: 2 of 2